The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Kenbo said:

My lad didn’t manage to check. Gave me some bullshit excuse about being to busy doing his job blah blah. That’s him oot my f**** will!!!

Kids these days, no sense of responsibility to what's really important!

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Ainsley Harriott

Heard Rudi Skacel was spotted a the Gyle buying some new boots. Stendel in the car outside to drive him off. Cant announce for a couple of weeks though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Need someone younger than Gordon. Our coaches will have there on idea of what they want.

I don't think it would be hard to beat what we have. As long as they can pass the ball 15 yards to the left or 15 yards to the right and control it, that is all they need to do with feet.

Catching crosses, stopping shots and being decisive far outweigh the need to chip a ball 30 to 40 yards, certainly at our current level

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Kids these days, no sense of responsibility to what's really important!

Exactly. Bloody let down!

42 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Wouldn’t want Gordon tbh, he’s well past his best and his distribution was poor even at his best - no one remember how often he stuck bikicks out of play?
It’d be another Berra situation but without the short term ‘good’ spell.

Agree entirely. 

We need to invest in a younger keeper. 

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

One thing I did note re the plane is that it has slightly less flaps than Joel.  Get it signed.

It also has no left Falange apparently

10 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The problem is that to play a high press, the goalkeeper needs to be really comfortable both outside his area and with the ball at his feet. Pereira is the best I've seen play for the club in terms of his distribution.

Ability to make saves is almost secondary, hence for example Klopp persisted with Karius for over a season at Liverpool and upon taking over at City, one of the first things Guardiola did was bin Joe Hart and sign Claudio Bravo.

It costs a vast amount to sign keepers that can do both, hence the fees paid subsequently for Allison and Ederson.

Yeah I get that, and don't disagree and you'd maybe almost think you could lose good handling or the odd ricket here and there, but every keeper, no matter who it is, needs to pull off the odd really top save.  Even Jack Hamilton used to do it.

Just almost strange that Joel doesn't have this in his locker at all it would appear.  Take the Aberdeen goal (and there are more obvious ones).  Bobby would have saved that.  Even from the same starting position, he'd have got a finger to it.  Joel seems to not really throw himself at saves.

Anyhoo

36 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Maybe the extras are:

Hickey and Uche going to Celtic (Hickey with a 30% sell on clause) and Griffiths and Gordon coming to Hearts. 

Griffiths will never play for Hearts!  he wouldn't want to come and we wouldn't take him or let alone afford him.  

Henrysmithstaxi
31 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Pereira is the perfect goalkeeper for our style of play. A keeper whose distribution is of his level, combined with goalkeeping ability would cost seven figures.

We need Gordon and Pereira to have a child

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah I get that, and don't disagree and you'd maybe almost think you could lose good handling or the odd ricket here and there, but every keeper, no matter who it is, needs to pull off the odd really top save.  Even Jack Hamilton used to do it.

Just almost strange that Joel doesn't have this in his locker at all it would appear.  Take the Aberdeen goal (and there are more obvious ones).  Bobby would have saved that.  Even from the same starting position, he'd have got a finger to it.  Joel seems to not really throw himself at saves.

Anyhoo

Part of the idea with intense high press as well is that in theory you limit the opposition's time on the ball and ability to create chances and take shots on goal etc.

I get that this is all a bit Juan-Key. But nonetheless I would question as to whether Craig Gordon has the ability to play this role.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Has it been confirmed that the lad was on the flight from Istanbul?

Was expecting it to have been confirmed when he landed.

He put a picture on Instagram of him sitting next to the agent on flight and his agent put on Instagram a picture out of the plane window which had the planes number on the wing. Someone did a search of that plane number and found it left Turkey this morning and arrived in Edinburgh. So safe to say he arrived.

19 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Aye I'm sure you'd pass on quadrupling your wages to stay at your work now

A would if a got £1m for going to Sunderland and got 40k a week I’m pretty sure a would be set for life and would love to go back to my boyhood club and happily take 5/6k a week and end my career there..

ScandinavianJambo
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Griffiths will never play for Hearts!  he wouldn't want to come and we wouldn't take him or let alone afford him.  

Agree 100%. It will not happen. End of.

ScandinavianJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He put a picture on Instagram of him sitting next to the agent on flight and his agent put on Instagram a picture out of the plane window which had the planes number on the wing. Someone did a search of that plane number and found it left Turkey this morning and arrived in Edinburgh. So safe to say he arrived.

Nice!

3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Part of the idea with intense high press as well is that in theory you limit the opposition's time on the ball and ability to create chances and take shots on goal etc.

I get that this is all a bit Juan-Key. But nonetheless I would question as to whether Craig Gordon has the ability to play this role.

Aye, agreed on Craig, though as some have said, he has improved his ball work.  Not overly fussed in a way.  I'd have been more interested pre-Sievers to bring in that experience and a future coach tbh.

Also agree on your first point and really hope Oor Dan can pull off this type of football at Hearts.  Really excited to see it.  As you say, the top goalies for this style are megabucks, even compared to your "traditional" goalie.  Wonder if the lad Adam something (CBA checking!!) who played for Dan at Barnsley and is now a bencher at best at Stoke is this type of goalie?

Also, anyone who has seen Harry Stone know if he fits this modern mould?

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be a pretty convoluted prank for a player and agent to play on a set of fans they don't know!  Yeah, I think he's arrived.

Signed, sealed today, train tomorrow, hat-trick on Wed.  Hoorah!

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Always think its funny what we get up to as hearts fans ( doing checks on plane numbers to see if its coming to Edinburgh and when it arrives ) Brilliant. I seen on Donis Avdijai wiki that when he played for Schalke Chelsea and Liverpool were snooping about they gave him a new contract with a 45M release clause in the deal.

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought he looked ropey on Saturday to be honest in all aspects, actually had a game of long bangers with the Airdrie keeper in the 2nd half

Actually thought he was quite good on Saturday - probably his best game yet. I sit right behind the goals and had never really heard his voice until Saturday there but he was much more vocal - more commanding of the defence, more confident in giving out instructions. I love his distribution and think that's key to the way DS wants to play, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think there's a good keeper in there, and that I would quite happily take him on a permanent deal if we were given the chance.

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

That would make the bbc documentary on us xxx rated!!

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

:pleasing:

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Always think its funny what we get up to as hearts fans ( doing checks on plane numbers to see if its coming to Edinburgh and when it arrives ) Brilliant. I seen on Donis Avdijai wiki that when he played for Schalke Chelsea and Liverpool were snooping about they gave him a new contract with a 45M release clause in the deal.

I love it - some top stalking haha - well done JKB :) 

In all seriousness, it looks like he's here to sign - he's suited and booted, so is his agent, and they are most definitely in Edinburgh.

ANNOUNCE DONIS!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Actually thought he was quite good on Saturday - probably his best game yet. I sit right behind the goals and had never really heard his voice until Saturday there but he was much more vocal - more commanding of the defence, more confident in giving out instructions. I love his distribution and think that's key to the way DS wants to play, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think there's a good keeper in there, and that I would quite happily take him on a permanent deal if we were given the chance.

Did you miss the bits in the 2nd half. One he could have claimed easily about 10 yards out but hesitation,  clatter of bodies and a corner I think ensued.

Other one where he came out of his box and dodged a bullet,  no control of the situation. 

First half he also sliced wildly into the main stand. 

I think we can do an awful lot better to be honest 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Aye Terry Griffith’s 

Search for him and find him commentary error in 2014

Brilliant 

4 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

I love it - some top stalking haha - well done JKB :) 

In all seriousness, it looks like he's here to sign - he's suited and booted, so is his agent, and they are most definitely in Edinburgh.

ANNOUNCE DONIS!!!

I hope its DS who is walking him round Tynecastle and not Harry Potter and Mcphee they should have no involvement in the deal what so ever end up Fu**I*g it up

With Donis looking like signing, I think the last player I was this excited about was Pinilla. Make no mistake, Pinilla had it all but not the right attitude or mentor. I hope to high heaven that Stendel is the man for Donis coz if he can get him firing then this is easily our biggest signing in years!

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did you miss the bits in the 2nd half. One he could have claimed easily about 10 yards out but hesitation,  clatter of bodies and a corner I think ensued.

Other one where he came out of his box and dodged a bullet,  no control of the situation. 

First half he also sliced wildly into the main stand. 

I think we can do an awful lot better to be honest 

Its part of his game that he needs to improve but things are heading in the right direction - at least he's actually coming out now. We've conceded a few goals that might not have been if he had came out. 

Agree we can do better than his current ability, but also think he's better than that and just needs a confidence boost with some positive reinforcement from his manager/teammates, which seems to be the way things are heading under DS. Seeing the team under him is just making me realise how bad things were under CL! 

I believe Advijaj will stroll this league.  59 goals in 53 reserve appearances for Schalke! 54 million pound clause which some of the top teams were willing to pay. 

I'm more excited by this player than I was for any player we have signed. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

I believe Advijaj will stroll this league.  59 goals in 53 reserve appearances for Schalke! 54 million pound clause which some of the top teams were willing to pay. 

Agree - as long as he's got the right attitude (which has apparently been his downfall).

Haven't been this excited about signing a player since we got Naismith!! 

Just now, mc2607 said:

Agree - as long as he's got the right attitude (which has apparently been his downfall).

Playing for us in this league will make him the star player, I think that alone will bring the best out of him.  I'm probably more excited by this than I was for Naismith 

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Ranga82 said:

With Donis looking like signing, I think the last player I was this excited about was Pinilla. Make no mistake, Pinilla had it all but not the right attitude or mentor. I hope to high heaven that Stendel is the man for Donis coz if he can get him firing then this is easily our biggest signing in years!

Said the other day that he reminds me of a pinilla type, altho pinilla suffered from mental health issues if I remember correctly, and let's be honest having  a owner like romanov probably didn't help his state of mind.

Hoping Donis can get the head down and put in some performances to help us and himself kickstarted what was meant to be a promising career 

Edited by Dandyman79

39 minutes ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Could call it Ed(erson) if it was a boy, or Allison I’d it was a girl 😀

Can we stop with the Craig Gordon chat please. Fantastic keeper in his day but he’s 37/38 and has had a few injuries. 

We have stopped being a retirement top up

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Playing for us in this league will make him the star player, I think that alone will bring the best out of him.  I'm probably more excited by this than I was for Naismith 

Yeah based on his experience he should be an absolute coup. I'm genuinely surprised we're even linked with him, never mind that he's just landed in Edinburgh to come and speak to us. 

Again, just hope his head's in the right place. In my mind the fans will be right behind him from the off, he'll come in and score a couple of goals, we'll be singing his name, and he'll absolutely revel in it. 

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Can we stop with the Craig Gordon chat please. Fantastic keeper in his day but he’s 37/38 and has had a few injuries. 

We have stopped being a retirement top up

👍

11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This post 🤩🤩

9 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Maverick players get a bit of leeway imo. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Craig Gordon isn't happening. The story isn't complete nonsense but Stendel doesn't want him.

Not good 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

The problem is that to play a high press, the goalkeeper needs to be really comfortable both outside his area and with the ball at his feet. Pereira is the best I've seen play for the club in terms of his distribution.

Ability to make saves is almost secondary, hence for example Klopp persisted with Karius for over a season at Liverpool and upon taking over at City, one of the first things Guardiola did was bin Joe Hart and sign Claudio Bravo.

It costs a vast amount to sign keepers that can do both, hence the fees paid subsequently for Allison and Ederson.

I see your point, but it's easy to say making saves is almost secondary when you're one of the best clubs in the world and dominate in one of the best leagues in the world - less so when you're currently bottom of the Ladbrokes Premiership. I still think we need a better shot stopper than Pereira. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Craig Gordon isn't happening. The story isn't complete nonsense but Stendel doesn't want him.

Glad to hear it