The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If Daniel wants him, and see’s something in him can we at least give him a run please?

The negativity in this place is astounding, moan about a lack of signings and then the slightest sign of contact being made he’s allegedly not for us!!!! 

He will get the same as everyone else from the fans 20 mins then branded absolute shite.To be fair though the fans have not been wrong about most of them but I agree let's give the guy a chance

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think if we were going to sign someone by now we would have signed someone by now! 🤓

clever!

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He will get the same as everyone else from the fans 20 mins then branded absolute shite.To be fair though the fans have not been wrong about most of them but I agree let's give the guy a chance

Correct. It is a new era though, we keep living in the past. Can we look forward and have a positive mindset going into the second half of the season? The players will need us to in the stands 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think if we were going to sign someone by now we would have signed someone by now! 🤓

Paperwork Dave....paperwork 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The principle of physics called the arrow of time means we can't really sign anyone by now.   Because once they sign,   they will instantaneously become a past signing.   Or if they haven't yet signed,    they can still be about to sign now (minus a fraction of a nanosecond).

Amirite?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Forget Airdrie, with Ross County on Wed is anyone else disappointed we are more than likely not going to have any new players in for this one?  I have to admit I expected players in the week commencing the 6th January and always thought they would have had 2 weeks training before the league battle started again.  I don't know, maybe it's just the way football works in the Jan window, i.e nothing progresses quickly.  Just worried for this month now

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Well this guy ain’t going to score the goals we need, he’s a provider so I’d expect a forward to sign also 👍🏻

No single player that Hearts can afford can 100% guarantee us goals. Our manager is trying to change our style of play to be more attacking and in turn would hope to see more chances converted. This guy has all the attributes to play the style Stendal wants to play - Looks a good signing to me.

Just now, E3OBE said:

No single player that Hearts can afford can 100% guarantee us goals. Our manager is trying to change our style of play to be more attacking and in turn would hope to see more chances converted. This guy has all the attributes to play the style Stendal wants to play - Looks a good signing to me.

I don’t think I said he wouldn’t be a good signing?

think you’ve misinterpreted my post 

Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Correct. It is a new era though, we keep living in the past. Can we look forward and have a positive mindset going into the second half of the season? The players will need us to in the stands 

I blame Levein

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The principle of physics called the arrow of time means we can't really sign anyone by now.   Because once they sign,   they will instantaneously become a past signing.   Or if they haven't yet signed,    they can still be about to sign now (minus a fraction of a nanosecond).

Amirite?

Two events, simultaneous for one observer, may not be simultaneous for another observer if the observers are in relative motion.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

I don’t think I said he wouldn’t be a good signing?

think you’ve misinterpreted my post 

Don't think I suggested anywhere that you said he wouldn't be a good signing. I said he looks a good signing.

Goals will come if we try and actually attack - Levein struggled with this concept.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Just give us something Hearts FFS 

A tea lady, a physio anything 

2 ladies signed this week,  got our priorities right 

:verysmug:

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Two events, simultaneous for one observer, may not be simultaneous for another observer if the observers are in relative motion.

How observant

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds like Einstein and Cox arguing about who is next at the pie kiosk. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or VAR camera angles

1 hour ago, Barack said:

His name. It was a poor attempt at sarcasm, given the content of the previous 123 pages.

I welcome our potential new tiny winger. 

5' 8" isnt tiny right!

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought he was 5' 6"? Sure you're a giant though, bud.👍🏻

Hey, 2 inches is 2 inches fella :thumbsup:

He looks good in the second video but the standard of that league isn't terribly wonderful. He appears to be a player with a lot of potential but as others have mentioned his attitude is his biggest downfall. I wouldn't be adverse to him signing a 6 month contract and seeing how he gets on with the view of a longer term deal at the end of the season. Hopefully Stendel can keep the kids head in check.

Edited by RasberryJam

Just now, RasberryJam said:

He looks good in the second video but the standard of that league isn't terribly wonderful. He appears to be a player with a lot of potential but as others have mentioned his attitude is his biggest downfall. I wouldn't be adverse to him signing a 6 month contract and seeing how he gets on with the view over a longer term deal at the end of the season. Stendel hopefully can keep the kids head in check.

These are all the leagues he's played in in the last 5 years:

Bundesliga

Austrian Bundesliga

Eredivisie

Turkish Super Lig

Which of them is a poor standard?

2 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

He looks good in the second video but the standard of that league isn't terribly wonderful. He appears to be a player with a lot of potential but as others have mentioned his attitude is his biggest downfall. I wouldn't be adverse to him signing a 6 month contract and seeing how he gets on with the view of a longer term deal at the end of the season. Hopefully Stendel can keep the kids head in check.

Bit of a conundrum: 6 month deal and he turns out to be mince. Great we can get rid of him. 6 month deal and he turns out to be decent. He’ll be reviewing his options.

The issues with our recruitment have been the devastating inability to bring in players of any real quality coupled with handing out rash 3 and 4 year deals. The likes of Amankwaa haven’t been hugely problematic. 18 months to prove his worth, he didn’t, wasn’t overly difficult to move on. If he had been decent we’d have had 12 more months of him or a team would have had to stump up cash to take him off our hands. It’s the Sammons and Martins and (gulp) Damours that have/may cause(d) us long term issues.

6 month deals are for the likes of Aidy White and Kyle Lafferty - Players getting on in age with something to prove. 

With someone like Donis I think you have to take a chance and give him at least 18 months.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

These are all the leagues he's played in in the last 5 years:

Bundesliga

Austrian Bundesliga

Eredivisie

Turkish Super Lig

Which of them is a poor standard?

Haha think they all look decent to me.

Used to be a time when everybody looked forward to seeing what new players can do. Now we have the moaners writing a player off because of his attitude. All based on you tube and a few pieces of gossip on the internet. Absolute aresholes.

3 hours ago, mc2607 said:

Kosovan international winger/forward. Had a £49M release clause when he was at Schalke at a teenager. 

Very promising prospect as a teenager but apparently had a poor attitude and has never reached his potential. 

They call him "the Kosovan Emre Mor"... 

I'm hoping he's screwed the nut and/or that Stendel can get the best out of him. Bags of potential if he's going to come in with the right attitude.

Looking at the video he reminds me a wee bit of Suso 

1 minute ago, Hearts Daft said:

Looking at the video he reminds me a wee bit of Suso 

Wee bit aye... Sort of "head down, charge on" kinda winger. 

Would be a God-send just now. We've been lacking that since Milinkovic. 

At least the manager isn't scatter gun signing every tom, dick and Harry. Hopefully we can get a few of his targets in the door and we can get up the league and start to build.

Donis advijaj would excel in our league, the boy has interested some massive clubs and was touted to be the next big thing. I have signed him few times on various football managers and he has ran away with the awards. Obviously doesn't mean anything in real terms (take note ian cathro) but I think he would be one of the best players in the league, and if he can be the big fish in the small pond as I think he could, then he will move on for double craig gordon money in a year or 2 if he gets his head down. 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Donis advijaj would excel in our league, the boy has interested some massive clubs and was touted to be the next big thing. I have signed him few times on various football managers and he has ran away with the awards. Obviously doesn't mean anything in real terms (take note ian cathro) but I think he would be one of the best players in the league, and if he can be the big fish in the small pond as I think he could, then he will move on for double craig gordon money in a year or 2 if he gets his head down. 

18 million pounds. 

😂

56 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought he was 5' 6"? Sure you're a giant though, bud.👍🏻

Who cares about his height most of the top players aren’t tall 

Spain team that dominated were tiny 

Its a stupid attitude that plagues Scottish football .... 

Edited by NB GIN

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Is he the player you'd said would sign by Friday Daz