The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Came through the ranks at Schalke, they had a ridiculous release clause on him at one point. €40m euros or there abouts. 

Overall got punted as his attitude wasn't very good. Same thing happened at Willem. Punted due to attitude. 

As I mentioned on the previous thread I don't think he will sign for us however if he does I don't think he will last long. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

Avdijaj looks as though he's had a number of chances to get his career back on track.  Looks like a bit of a Tony Watt style gamble.

The difference is, this boys shown that he’s able to play at a decent level. Stum graz are no mugs nor are Shalkes youth sides! All Tony Watt has is a goal against Barca. However attitude and application could be an issue, but I’d hope he’d have respect for a fellow German 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Came through the ranks at Schalke, they had a ridiculous release clause on him at one point. €40m euros or there abouts. 

Overall got punted as his attitude wasn't very good. Same thing happened at Willem. Punted due to attitude. 

As I mentioned on the previous thread I don't think he will sign for us however if he does I don't think he will last long. 

Geez give the boy a chance man 😂 he’s no even signed yet

RustyRightPeg

If Daniel wants him, and see’s something in him can we at least give him a run please?

The negativity in this place is astounding, moan about a lack of signings and then the slightest sign of contact being made he’s allegedly not for us!!!! 

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Wait, so he's not from Northern Ireland?

Grew up in a war-torn country riven with ethnic, religious and political violence, has a strange accent...

Fits the mould.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The difference is, this boys shown that he’s able to play at a decent level. Stum graz are no mugs nor are Shalkes youth sides! All Tony Watt has is a goal against Barca. However attitude and application could be an issue, but I’d hope he’d have respect for a fellow German 

Sturm Graz also have Tasos Avlonitis on their books...

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Sturm Graz also have Tasos Avlonitis on their books...

Whether you agree or not Avlonitis was a coup for us, and was a renown international player, having played at a pretty decent and high level. It just didn’t work out for him, or many others, because of the silent gerbil we had in charge.  Not saying it’ll be any different, but we really have got to stop comparing players before they arrive, otherwise people have their minds made up about him before he’s even out the strip on. But I understand this comes from us having signed far too much dross over th years, so it’s only natural for us to be wary. I for one have found this one of the most boring transfer windows ever so am just happy we are linked with someone!

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Depends if you think the squad aren't good enough looking. In that case 

We need A donis

:jj_facepalm::lol:

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Whether you agree or not Avlonitis was a coup for us, and was a renown international player, having played at a pretty decent and high level. It just didn’t work out for him, or many others, because of the silent gerbil we had in charge.  Not saying it’ll be any different, but we really have got to stop comparing players before they arrive, otherwise people have their minds made up about him before he’s even out the strip on. But I understand this comes from us having signed far too much dross over th years, so it’s only natural for us to be wary. I for one have found this one of the most boring transfer windows ever so am just happy we are linked with someone!

A coup?? hardly. Also wasn't a renowned international player at all, he never won a single senior cap for Greece

17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yes.  The fact that this is a Stendel target gives me some confidence, even though it ticks a lot of Levein boxes. 😂

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Geez give the boy a chance man 😂 he’s no even signed yet

I'm not trying to be negative just stating a few facts from earlier on in his career. I follow Schalke and have alot of german friends who are also Schalke fans.

I trust their comments in regards to former players. Which was essentially very talented and looked like being an incredible player when he first broke through but has a poor attitude.

Edited by Bluesy1874

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He had a shit spell at Willem 2 as well.  Not disagreeing, just pointing it out. 

8 goals and 8 assists in 18 games is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Tangentially, why are Willem II called Willem II?

What happened to Willem/Willem I?

Named after King Willem II of Holland

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

8 goals and 8 assists in 18 games is pretty good.

Was more talking about the fact that was over nearly a year and he was moved on because of fitness and off field issues. I should have said that. Stats are really good though. 

Edited by GinRummy

Wonder if there's a group of North America soccer fans F5ing looking for confirmation that Mulraney's signed.  That ,move appears to have gone quiet; wouldn't have thought Mulraney would have astronomical wage demands.

2 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Tangentially, why are Willem II called Willem II?

What happened to Willem/Willem I?

I always used to wonder what had happened to Rab A and Rab B Nesbitt.

Back on topic. Get this guy signed.

3 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I'm not trying to be negative just stating a few facts from earlier on in his career. I follow Schalke and have alot of german friends who are also Schalke fans.

I trust their comments in regards to former players. Which was essentially very talented and looked like being an incredible player when he first broke through but has a poor attitude.

At our level, any player we sign will have a 'defect' of some sort.

They will be technically excellent...but lazy

They will be very energetic...but lack technical ability

They will be strong...but positionally poor

They will be fast...but no end product

Or more likely, we will have players who are just about 'good enough' across all those areas. Not  a stand out in any department, but enough to get by.

We just have to find a way that works for us.

Pretty sure all players in Germany have a release clause in their contract and its tied into the value so wouldnt read too much into that.

Stendels judgement so far has been bang on and if hes gone after this lad then that is better than any YouTube clip for me.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Was more talking about the fact that was over nearly a year and a half and he was moved on because of fitness and off field issues. I should have said that. Stats are really good though. 

Yeh, fair enough! That record was over 4 months though. If he does that for us in the next 4 months we will stay up without any other signings.

Just now, Dayman said:

Yeh, fair enough! That record was over 4 months though. If he does that for us in the next 4 months we will stay up without any other signings.

Thanks. Was just about to correct myself. It said he had a deal for a year and I assumed he didn’t play much but his deal was cut short, which I hadn’t realised. 

if he can have that sort of initial impact and get his head straight there’s no doubt he’d be excellent for us. 

40 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Nice to be linked with someone that appears to be a Stendel signing 

Unless of course the lad has a northern Irish granny 

56 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Certainly sounds like a previous regime type signing/recommendation and will do nothing to stop the speculation that they’re still trying to foist players on DS but if the man himself has ID’d the boy then fair do’s 

JKB in a nutshell 😂😂

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Four faces said:

Tell you what.If Stendel needed to twist Budge's arm to pay 200,000 for a proven 20 goals a season striker then that tells me she isn't exactly backing him strongly from the off.If indeed that was the situation talked about.Especially in our current perilous position.

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I dont think its budge but the inbetweeners who are stalling. 

3 hours ago, Four faces said:

Could be.

Isa hasn't a look in with gossip like that. 

😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

At our level, any player we sign will have a 'defect' of some sort.

They will be technically excellent...but lazy

They will be very energetic...but lack technical ability

They will be strong...but positionally poor

They will be fast...but no end product

Or more likely, we will have players who are just about 'good enough' across all those areas. Not  a stand out in any department, but enough to get by.

We just have to find a way that works for us.

100%

And if we have someone who is technically great, mentally great and good acoss the rest of the areas, he's off. 

Hickey for example who is 17 to boot. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thanks. Was just about to correct myself. It said he had a deal for a year and I assumed he didn’t play much but his deal was cut short, which I hadn’t realised. 

if he can have that sort of initial impact and get his head straight there’s no doubt he’d be excellent for us. 

We only need him to be on his game for the second half of this season.  That would be massive for us.  Worth a chance based on that and if he can get along with Stendel then it might be a great signing going forward.

When Avdijaj was 19 -

"Donis has the potential to make waves like [20-year-old Schalke midfielder] Max Meyer. But talent alone is not enough, you also need to use your head."
Schalke general manager Horst Heldt

"Despite being so young, he already has his own opinion. We all want characters in football. Donis has huge quality, which is why we brought him in. When he is fit it is easy to see his quality. I am very pleased with him."
Sturm Graz coach Franco Foda

"Donis has developed well. He is a fan favourite in Graz. But we will wait for feedback from our scout Mike Büskens, then coach André Breitenreiter and I will make a decision."
Heldt on Avdijaj's prospects of returning to Schalke this winter

Fan favourite eh, a character. Get him signed up. New milinkovic in the making 

Edited by Chimp

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, tysonfury420 said:

image.thumb.png.c78e93214aca999f6c752319fd7952b6.pngMate of mine has just sent me this from a Celtic board. 

Most likely b*llshit but has anyone had any word of this?

If this is true then cue any player tackling Uche to be booked when he falls down.

5 minutes ago, Cliffundo said:

We only need him to be on his game for the second half of this season.  That would be massive for us.  Worth a chance based on that and if he can get along with Stendel then it might be a great signing going forward.

Definitely a good signing if his head’s right. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I wonder if his best form was shown with clubs when he first arrived, which, I suspect, is when most players with attitude problems show their best form. In the position we're in, it's the form over the next 4 months that matters the most, for every player.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Isa hasn't a look in with gossip like that. 

😂😂😂

I never started the"Gossip".

42 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You are almost certainly getting confused with Tziolis, who fits your description.

Avlonitis was dug meat.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Have we signed anyone yet. I thought today was the day? 

"Before Friday"

Which I take as including Friday 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Doesn't sound like Liam Boyce to me. Unsure.

Well this guy ain’t going to score the goals we need, he’s a provider so I’d expect a forward to sign also 👍🏻

Absolute Scenes
56 minutes ago, Chimp said:

A coup?? hardly. Also wasn't a renowned international player at all, he never won a single senior cap for Greece

Pish you are right, I was getting him and Tziolis mixed up 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Not many positives at that time to be honest! 

Absolute Scenes
21 minutes ago, Zaba said:

You are almost certainly getting confused with Tziolis, who fits your description.

Avlonitis was dug meat.

Absolutely correct 😂😂 I was indeed. 

avlonitis sold us that goal at Aberdeen, as we’ll as many, but that goal boiled my blood

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Pish you are right, I was getting him and Tziolis mixed up 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Not many positives at that time to be honest! 

Haha very true. Must have been the worst batch of signings in our history that season