The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

He featured in all 6 Europa league games this season for Trabzonspor. 5 starts. Subbed at half time in 2.

Ability wise probably very good(considering we are bottom of the league). Whether we can get him firi g is a different matter. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Busy day. 

Is this the guy with the shit You Tube highlights? Denis?

Who is Pinillos?

Trabzonspor lad has played at a good level,  Kosovo are a decent side, I'm still scarred by the Bosnian bullet!

Should piss it if he acclimatises. Not nailed on he will though. 

Daniel Pinillos is a Spanish LB at Barnsley. Has he been linked to us today?

Getting a Marko Arnautovic sorta vibe from this guy... Purely from watching videos, the apparent attitude issues and the slightest of resemblances.

24 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Do you think any of the other ones are likely Bongo? 

Thiam worked with him at Barnsley as did Pinillos, Thiam the more likely of the two to come this window as we need wingers, we have enquired about taking him on Loan but Barnsley may be harder to deal with than expected. 

We've had talks with Mowatt about getting him on a pre contract, I was told this pissed Barnsley off when they found out about this. We aren't the only club interested in him championship teams are as well. 

That's why they were reluctant to release Stern and Tonge from their contracts. 

Pinillos was the backup if Hickey left we are still interested in securing him on a pre contract, played left back for Stendel in league one and had a great season, Sort of fell out of the picture atm though still trains with the first team as does Thiam. 

Samuel is keen on coming to us but monkey's head is playing hardball, They are looking to get in attacking options for themselves, but are reluctant to let him go unless they replace him Gillingham have been interested in him as well but nothing came to it, he could be available later on In the window. 

Boyce is weighing up his options and really depends on whether he is up for it, talks have gone well but as we all know money talks, If a bid is accepted and hearts offer him say 4k a week with bonuses, but then Sunderland match the offer and are willing to pay 6-7k with bonuses, then there is only one place he is going sadly I really hope we get him👍

Herrmann very much a player Stendel wants and is still pushing to get him, Wolfsburg again a club that are reluctant to let there player go due to injuries to the first team, Stendel rates this guy big time wouldn't be surprised to see him this window or in the summer, he is doing everything to engineer a move to us. 

Will tell you more about loan moves we have tried to make but didn't come off, and other players that wanted a move later, going to have my tea cheers Bongo 1874 👍🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thiam worked with him at Barnsley as did Pinillos, Thiam the more likely of the two to come this window as we need wingers, we have enquired about taking him on Loan but Barnsley may be harder to deal with than expected. 

We've had talks with Mowatt about getting him on a pre contract, I was told this pissed Barnsley off when they found out about this. We aren't the only club interested in him championship teams are as well. 

Pinillos was the backup if Hickey left we are still interested in securing him on a pre contract, played left back for Stendel in league one and had a great season, Sort of fell out of the picture atm though still trains with the first team as does Thiam. 

Samuel is keen on coming to us but monkey's head is playing hardball, They are looking to get in attacking options for themselves, but are reluctant to let him go unless they replace him Gillingham have been interested in him as well but nothing came to it, he could be available later on In the window. 

Boyce is weighing up his options and really depends on whether he is up for it, talks have gone well but as we all know money talks, If a bid is accepted and hearts offer him say 4k a week with bonuses, but then Sunderland match the offer and are willing to pay 6-7k with bonuses, then there is only one place he is going sadly I really hope we get him👍

Herrmann very much a player Stendel wants and is still pushing to get him, Wolfsburg again a club that are reluctant to let there player go due to injuries to the first team, Stendel rates this guy big time wouldn't be surprised to see him this window or in the summer, he is doing everything to engineer a move to us. 

Will tell you more about loan moves we have tried to make but didn't come off, and other players that wanted a move later, going to have my tea cheers Bongo 1874 👍🇱🇻

Thanks mate much appreciated 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Daniel Pinillos is a Spanish LB at Barnsley. Has he been linked to us today?

Cheers. 

Just watching YouTube. 

This boy is a player. Meshino one side him on the other chances galore 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Enjoy that dinner, cheers Bongo!

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That was a interesting read mate👍

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks for the info Bongo.

I've watched the youtube clips of most of our recent signings when they've been linked to us and whilst some seemed good you could tell the level they were playing at wasn't too high and the opposition poor. I've just watched Avdijaj's clips and have to say he looks the part, good teams and decent level and good finishing. Hope this is the start of better scouting and more promising players than many of our recent additions.

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers for the info 👍

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

This

let’s not get carried away 

Remember when people got carried away about Oshiwana and vanceck etc 

Is this you bottom right mate?

zyzyzemu.jpg

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It's happening

It's not happening

It was meant to happen

It was never happening

Nothing is happening

Scarf above head kinda days ...for sure.

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Is this you bottom right mate?

zyzyzemu.jpg

:lol:

Oblivious.

Arthur Morgan

Avdijaj! Wow, for any Football Manager fans out there, this guy had - 9 potential a few editions ago when he was at Schalke! - 9 potential means a PA between 150-180, basically he had potential to become world class. 

6 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

There's surely no way in hell that Avdijaj will come to us. 

His finishing is on another level. 

I preferred Rudi but he'll do for now :)

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Avdijaj! Wow, for any Football Manager fans out there, this guy had - 9 potential a few editions ago when he was at Schalke! - 9 potential means a PA between 150-180, basically he had potential to become world class. 

What is PA?

Jack Torrance
44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers for the info Bongo,  great post. You must be finished your tea by now! 

:pleasingao:

3 minutes ago, Cliffundo said:

I preferred Rudi but he'll do for now :)

If we pull this off and he screws the nut... we might have another legend on our hands. He looks far too good for our league 🤣

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

If we pull this off and he screws the nut... we might have another legend on our hands. He looks far too good for our league 🤣

He'd piss it tbh...fingers crossed.

Worthing Jambo
56 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you a slow eater?

😁

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, eck1874 said:

Flight lands at 23:50 tonight if he left today. 

Right who’s on airport watch tonight?.......I’ll expect a midnight update.

Edited by highlandjambo3

4 minutes ago, Cliffundo said:

He'd piss it tbh...fingers crossed.

He's had his contract terminated so we should at least know one way or another soon. 

Sunderland are really getting irritating. Without trying to denigrate the players at our level. Them signing players that should really be in our price bracket explains a lot of why they are in league one... still. 

Reminds me of the huns handing guys like Blacky and Kyle thousands of pounds a week to play against plumbers and brickies simply because they could afford it. 

Just now, OTT said:

Sunderland are really getting irritating. Without trying to denigrate the players at our level. Them signing players that should really be in our price bracket explains a lot of why they are in league one... still. 

Reminds me of the huns handing guys like Blacky and Kyle thousands of pounds a week to play against plumbers and brickies simply because they could afford it. 

Rangers were ridiculous, particularly in the bottom tier. They could’ve got out that league at a fraction of the cost. I hope they’ve learnt a lesson for the next time they go bust.  

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Rangers were ridiculous, particularly in the bottom tier. They could’ve got out that league at a fraction of the cost. I hope they’ve learnt a lesson for the next time they go bust.  

They could have really helped push on youth development. IIRC they had guys like Halkett ready to go and instead they went the complete opposite way. Either way they were getting promoted, so why not get back to the top tier in 4 years and have a catalogue of youngsters with likely 100 games a piece ready to go? Unbelievably bad planning. 

Just now, OTT said:

They could have really helped push on youth development. IIRC they had guys like Halkett ready to go and instead they went the complete opposite way. Either way they were getting promoted, so why not get back to the top tier in 4 years and have a catalogue of youngsters with likely 100 games a piece ready to go? Unbelievably bad planning. 

The Kyle debacle summed them up. He was saying yes to the money they offered, thinking it was a months wage and it turned out to be a week. Hardly played because he was done by injury at that point. Ludicrous.

As you say they had cash to build something sustainable and long term by hoovering up young talent but instead took every shortcut going. Their chickens will come home to roost at some point though.

It makes me a tad nervous that this is being made so public. I don't want another club in Scotland or down south to get wind of this and hijack the deal (if true). Wish we could keep this under tabs.

1 minute ago, RasberryJam said:

It makes me a tad nervous that this is being made so public. I don't want another club in Scotland or down south to get wind of this and hijack the deal (if true). Wish we could keep this under tabs.

Are you one of those people who have to spend an entire flight focusing mental power on it not crashing out the sky? 

If so, thanks. You make life easier for the rest of us 👍

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What is PA?

Potential Ability. The maximum ability someone can have in Football Manager is 200, and this guy had a random ability of 150 to 180, which made him World Class in FM. He was a - 9 for 2 or 3 editions of the game when he was at Schalke. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

4 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

It’ll be alright buddy. In times like this, turn to alcohol.