• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Paul Shark

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

We aren't going to get Robinson either by the look of it and the and Ross were the pair we were told the club wanted

:what:

Must have missed that one. :lol: 

His assistant is John potter and goalkeeping coach Craig Samson. Also noticed in one of the articles that heckingbottom is still on gardening leave so will continue to receive his salary until gets anew job so that’s pleasing 

4 hours ago, Boab said:

He took over St Mirren when there was a real risk they were going to fall into League 1. He saved them and won the Championship the next season. He wasn’t going to turn down down Sunderland but word round the campfire was that he could have done well with St Mirren had he stayed.

He had a team built and fighting for him at St Mirren.

At Sunderland he started again and just didn't put together the right squad. Player choice a factor. 

It's a tough business. 

A grudge to bare and a point to prove, you just have to look at what cummings did at hibs. 

We're going to have to pull something big out of the hat. 

11 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Can't help feeling they have to be honest. We aren't going to get Robinson either by the look of it and the and Ross were the pair we were told the club wanted, so Budge's eventual appointment had better be a very very good one.

We really haven't missed a trick. Who from within the club said they wanted Ross ?

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

A grudge to bare and a point to prove, you just have to look at what cummings did at hibs. 

It’s like you want him to do well. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who said the club wanted Robinson or Ross?

Ken , utter bullshit that one , but expect it to be trotted out by the Vermin in the next few days 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

To quote a Sunderland fan "Fed up with slow,boring negative football" no way the Leith Brazilians will accept that 🥴

This. 2 holding midfielders and a big useless lone striker  Doige will be delighted with Ross's appointment 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s like you want him to do well. 

I'm just honest with my thoughts mate. 

I think he will do very well for them due to what's happened to him (and him being a decent manager)

Hopefully he's an absolute failure. 

Edited by King Kebab

Voice of reason
2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Have to pull something big out of the hat because Hibs have appointed Jack Ross! Good grief! It’s like some alternative reality...

He has done absolutely nothing of any note at a decent level.

Just now, King Kebab said:

I'm just honest with my thoughts mate. 

I think he will do very well for them due to what's happened to him. 

Hopefully he's an absolute failure. 

Heckingbottom bought badly. Hibs have a poor squad. Looking forward to the opportunity to put them to the sword and show Ross where he and his scummy club belongs. 

7 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Joined 1 hour ago after this news broke 

Think I will leave it there 

Just now, Voice of reason said:

Have to pull something big out of the hat because Hibs have appointed Jack Ross! Good grief! It’s like some alternative reality...

He has done absolutely nothing of any note at a decent level.

Aye, but he's been a manager for about 2 days.

It really pissed me off seeing what he done at St Mirren and then getting a move to Sunderland to be honest. 

While we were stuck with the likes of Daly Fox, Macphee and the the likes. 

Arthur Morgan

It really pissed me off seeing what he done at St Mirren and then getting a move to Sunderland to be honest. 

Ooft, definitely stinking this one. Really pissed me off too, absolutely raging I was. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

You’re going to get rumbled soon.

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye gonna have to be massive .

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Heckingbottom bought badly. Hibs have a poor squad. Looking forward to the opportunity to put them to the sword and show Ross where he and his scummy club belongs. 

That douige guy scored a hatrick last week after we all thought he was mince n tatties. 

Just saying. Maybe it was just the manager? A bit like us having a very good squad and having levein as manager?

Leveins Battalion

Did it piss you off when Hickey scored?😊

Arthur Morgan

That douige guy scored a hatrick last week after we all thought he was mince n tatties. 

Just saying. Maybe it was just the manager? A bit like us having a very good squad and having levein as manager?

Doidge is still shite, one hattrick (the first of his career) won't change my mind on him. His first goal was shite straight at the St Johnstone keeper who somehow didn't get a hold of it. 

Ross always plays one up. Doidge himself said he needs a strike partner. Will be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard now.

Guest ToqueJambo

Maroon glasses off. This is a solid appointment, and the obvious one for Hibs. His record is good if we're looking at win %, even with Sunderland, and I would have been fairly happy if he'd joined us (even if it seemed a non starter), going by his reputation but still nervous given his lack of experience at our level. 

There is some irony that his potential was first spotted by Craig Levein who saw him as Neilson's successor, given what the average Hibs fan thinks of Levein and his football.

Hibs have been here before though with a very solid appointment on paper that quite quickly crashed and burned. John Collins, Terry Butcher, Colin Calderwood...so we'll find out anyhow if Ross is the real deal.

Ross has worked with the League One level players he'll get at Hibs right now. Our job requires someone who can work with a team of mostly internationals basically with everyone fit. Even McPhee has more experience of that than Ross in his role with NI. 

Anyhow, cue McGeogh, McNulty and McGeady heading back up the road - hopefully not McLaughlin - although god knows how Hibs will be able to afford the squad revamp they need in summer after Heckingbottom's big spending for no return.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Do you rate Doidge? Serious question. 

Staying on the honesty theme, I thought they had wasted money on a huddy. 

He might still be, but the manager leaves and he scores a hatrick... 

I don't watch much of hibs but i wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Hibernian football club have produced the most managerial gardeners in living memory, well Mr Ross what do you do in your spare time that you can tell us about, oh I love my garden. Can you please sign here.....

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I'll stop you all there, 

You don't like what i'm saying , fair enough but i'm a Jambo through and through. 

School day tomorrow, in bed for

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maroon glasses off. This is a solid appointment, and the obvious one for Hibs. His record is good if we're looking at win %, even with Sunderland, and I would have been fairly happy if he'd joined us (even if it seemed a non starter), going by his reputation but still nervous given his lack of experience at our level. 

There is some irony that his potential was first spotted by Craig Levein who saw him as Neilson's successor, given what the average Hibs fan thinks of Levein and his football.

Hibs have been here before though with a very solid appointment on paper that quite quickly crashed and burned. John Collins, Terry Butcher, Colin Calderwood...so we'll find out anyhow if Ross is the real deal.

Ross has worked with the League One level players he'll get at Hibs right now. Our job requires someone who can work with a team of mostly internationals basically with everyone fit. Even McPhee has more experience of that than Ross in his role with NI. 

Anyhow, cue McGeogh, McNulty and McGeady heading back up the road - hopefully not McLaughlin - although god knows how Hibs will be able to afford the squad revamp they need in summer after Heckingbottom's big spending for no return.

And how the **** are Hibs going to afford their wages all of a sudden , Jesus wept 

Guest ToqueJambo

Our manager left and Bozanic had a stormer and Mulraney scored a worldie.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, ramrod said:

And how the **** are Hibs going to afford their wages all of a sudden , Jesus wept 

Exactly. It's a tougher job than ours. Our squad is way ahead, which makes it all the more embarrassing where we are in the league even if almost all our best players have been injured or half fit.

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

My hibs friend still thinks he is very, very poor. Showed me the highlights and they created enough chances to make it 10. Only one of Doiges goals had any skill, and he had a fresh air kick in the six yard box as well.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly. They have some paypacket at Sunderland. Must be easily 10k and more a week each.

Jack Ross would not have been in our top 5 targets and I’d probably be pi**ed off if he got given the job. We gave him an interview because he applied for the job and it’s the decent thing to do to give an ex employee an interview.  He was hibs third choice behind Kennedy and Harry Kewell!

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Boo hoo 😂😂 pull your pants up and trot on back to .net you’re fooling nobody

21 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Have you seen his sitters? The guy is a complete huddy. Hibs have no money left, Lennon, doidge, Heckingbottom all big spenders. You have no money left 😂

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Arthur Morgan
9 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

My hibs friend still thinks he is very, very poor. Showed me the highlights and they created enough chances to make it 10. Only one of Doiges goals had any skill, and he had a fresh air kick in the six yard box as well.

He's shite. Look at the replay of his 1st goal vs St Johnstone, absolutely awful goalkeeping really. He hits it straight at the keeper, his technique of actually striking the ball looked terrible. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

5-1

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He looks just like Colin Calderwood. That’ll do nicely.

The Future's Maroon
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re going to get rumbled soon.

Soon???

First post!

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maroon specs on ... Jack Ross will get the wee team relegate!