• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Paul Shark

I honestly believe he could have done a job for us. That is a good appointment by Hibs. I personally think he'll have them challenging for third this season. We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing who we hire as our new manager.

It may well be his make or break job

Early success followed by failure (even allowing for circumstances) and the next job becomes very important

It will also be a pressure appointment for the new owner and chief exec from the village

On the plus side you start from a low point so any improvement can be deemed a success early on and in Scottish terms Hibs are one of the bigger sides

Like most I just don't know and that was my issue with him becoming our manager.....the fact that I was just not sure he would be a success made me just wonder but he'll have his chance with them it appears but I can't in all honesty wish him the best of luck though if he is runner up to us every time I could live with that

49 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

A grudge to bare and a point to prove, you just have to look at what cummings did at hibs. 

We're going to have to pull something big out of the hat. 

40 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Aye, but he's been a manager for about 2 days.

It really pissed me off seeing what he done at St Mirren and then getting a move to Sunderland to be honest. 

While we were stuck with the likes of Daly Fox, Macphee and the the likes. 

38 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That douige guy scored a hatrick last week after we all thought he was mince n tatties. 

Just saying. Maybe it was just the manager? A bit like us having a very good squad and having levein as manager?

33 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Staying on the honesty theme, I thought they had wasted money on a huddy. 

He might still be, but the manager leaves and he scores a hatrick... 

I don't watch much of hibs but i wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Your own club have just appointed a new manager and your first stop is to try and troll our forum? Away to **** ya Hibs *****.

Ross will do ok, nothing special but ok. 5th/6th place consistently. Your squad is still murder. 

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jack Ross would not have been in our top 5 targets and I’d probably be pi**ed off if he got given the job. We gave him an interview because he applied for the job and it’s the decent thing to do to give an ex employee an interview.  He was hibs third choice behind Kennedy and Harry Kewell!

Hearing he didn’t get an interview. 

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

The evening news said he met with Hearts

Barry Anderson is another slaver. Not saying he didn’t meet with Hearts because I genuinely don’t know but he’s a slaver of the highest order. Goes through kickback and posts it as fact. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hearing he didn’t get an interview. 

Evening News got it wrong.

They need to watch their credibility might go down even more. 

3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Barry Anderson is another slaver. Not saying he didn’t meet with Hearts because I genuinely don’t know but he’s a slaver of the highest order. Travels through kickback and posts it as fact. 

He's a very high opinion of himself. The Connor Washington signing showed him up somewhat. He wasn't signing for us and was talking to clubs in England according to Anderson. We announced his signing the next day or soon there after. It's just guess work with him.

Jack Ross was never even getting an interview.

That should put things into perspective, hopefully he has negotiated a reasonable severance contract at 'Team Gardener's.

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I honestly believe he could have done a job for us. That is a good appointment by Hibs. I personally think he'll have them challenging for third this season. We'll see.

If he turns Hibs around to that degree with that squad he'll be replacing Clarke in the Scotland job next summer!

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Okay with this news. 

20 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I saw a lot of their highlights and live games last season and their football seemed as slow and ponderous as we have been fed up with since Dec.15. Sunderland were not the basketcase some claim either so hopefully Ross will just be another Heckingbottom.

Just now, Hairdryer said:

Why are some on hear worrying about hibs appointing a new manager 

we are quite rightly taking our time and not panicking 

have you just joined 😉😂

CV is no better than Robbie Neilson.

Its hard to say how good an appointment it is until we see who we get but if we’d announced Ross I’d have been underwhelmed

Big Slim Stylee
35 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Yep. I wouldn’t have been unhappy with him when you see the parade of dinosaurs we’re supposedly interested in.

Shanks said no

Already spoken to a worried Hibee.

According to him Marc McNulty is texting all and sundry that they would have been better keeping Heckingbottom as Ross is useless.

Time will tell. 

Bear in mind this is Ron Gordon's first manager. 

Some owners are more patient than others. So we will see. 

A new owner who might develop his contacts including future potential managers. So let's see. 

51 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Bookmarking this, my friend. :D 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Already spoken to a worried Hibee.

According to him Marc McNulty is texting all and sundry that they would have been better keeping Heckingbottom as Ross is useless.

:sweeet:

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Why are some on hear worrying about hibs appointing a new manager 

we are quite rightly taking our time and not panicking 

Exactly !

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something about respect and treating employees well. 

Something that serves Hearts well today. 

And Hearts have said nothing to undermine Ross' career. 

Win win. 

What do you mean by treating employees well in this instance?

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

What do you mean by treating employees well in this instance?

Look it up.

No one is going to state explicitly what happened.

But the clue is in the fact of who stayed and is still at the club. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

There was no way he was going to get the Hearts gig. There could have been some uncomfortable meetings in the dugout. 

Do managers get groin injuries?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Look it up.

No one is going to state explicitly what happened.

But the clue is in the fact of who stayed and is still at the club. 

Out of interest why is nobody going to say explicitly, is it a legal issue?

My understanding was that he had relations with a club employee. But I am assuming based on your cryptic post that something more serious than that happened?

4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Out of interest why is nobody going to say explicitly, is it a legal issue?

My understanding was that he had relations with a club employee. But I am assuming based on your cryptic post that something more serious than that happened?

My understanding (I have no idea how true) is that it started to get a little one way and a bit heavy from one party. 

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

My understanding (I have no idea how true) is that it started to get a little one way and a bit heavy from one party. 

Ah right. Didn’t realise that. Could well be the case I suppose.

6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Same as what I’ve heard, put it this way, if we directed the Bartley song at Ross I doubt it’d be far off the mark

jambo-in-furness

Has he definitely got the Hibs gig?   There was no mention of it on the late BBC Scotland news.

6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

He probably won’t but they’re not going to be world beaters. 

Well there’s a huge difference between the two.

Something tells me the same will be said about who we appoint.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well there’s a huge difference between the two.

Something tells me the same will be said about who we appoint.

Reckon that depends on who we bring in. With the right man we could easily be up challenging for 3rd with our squad. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Reckon that depends on who we bring in. With the right man we could easily be up challenging for 3rd with our squad. 

Challenging for third will not make us world beaters.  

Who we appoint as manager could affect us for years - negatively or otherwise - going forward. We need to get this right. I’d have been happy with Jack Ross.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe I'm missing something but if the Jack Ross rumours about his time ending here are what I think they are, why was it a big deal? Consenting adults and that.

Takes two to tango

7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Speaking to Scott Walker(ex pro with Dunf, St Mirren)today who knows Ross well. 

Says he’s waiting on offers down South. Wants to stay down there. Kid started secondary this year etc....

Why has been talking to Hibs for the last couple of days?

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let’s see how long he sticks around. 

He’s going to be commuting from Northumberland.  He did turn down the Hibs job earlier in the week when offered, spoke with Hearts yesterday then Hibs again today and has accepted the job.  This indicates to me that we indicated that he wasn’t our number one target or we didn’t want him as much as they did.  

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s going to be commuting from Northumberland.  He did turn down the Hibs job earlier in the week when offered, spoke with Hearts yesterday then Hibs again today and has accepted the job.  This indicates to me that we indicated that he wasn’t our number one target or we didn’t want him as much as they did.  

Best news of the day imo.

Didn't think he would be their kind of manager though.

They don't learn their lesson replacing a failed English Championship manager with a failed English League One manager. 

Happy days.

Hibs have never made an appointment that's gave me the fear and that's still the case.

At best, Ross is a safe, if unambitious, choice that will maintain Hibs' 40+year pursuit of mediocrity. At worst, they'll end up as they usually do when they fall short of average: relegation, fighting relegation and pumped senseless by Heart of Midlothian. 

Would have been a bit deflated if we'd gone for him. 

FTHibs 

The Sunderland fans were in despair at him due to the number of draws . Think it was 19/20 . Reckon he panicked if they went a goal up ! Including the play off at Wembley when they were gifted a goal start in the first five minutes and still lost. 
Mcphee  & Daly have more Premier league experience as caretaker managers than Jack Dross . 

Think there will be massive disquiet at the Giro, when it turns to custard as it will, that they appointed a Hearts reject.