Jump to content
Last Laff

Jack Ross

Recommended Posts

Last Laff

Turned down Hibs.  Great odds on him becoming our next manager now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
Just now, Last Laff said:

Turned down Hibs.  Great odds on him becoming our next manager now. 

 

A natural reaction, surely.

 

Turning down Hibs that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Not good enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Turned down Hibs.  Great odds on him becoming our next manager now. 

We have to want him first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo

Where we hearing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51

That’s why Kennedy favourite on skybet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarrysRightFoot

It’s interesting that we will both be appointing managers at roughly the same time. Each manager’s record once they take one will be able to be measured almost exactly against the other’s. Adds another dimension - it will heap even more pressure on the first to hit a bad run of form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry

Be still my beating heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Bruno
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not good enough 

😂😂 who do you want that's better? Bearing in mind this is Scottish that has a standard of football, outwith Rangers and Celtic, that is declining rapidly.

Edited by Big Bruno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Well, if true that he’s turned down Hibs, it must be because he has a better offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Big Bruno said:

😂😂 who do you want that's better?

There’s plenty that’s better, or deemed to be.

 

That said, there’s plenty that’s worse.

 

If we’re being reasonable & realistic, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Jack Ross. 

 

I’d find him acceptable but like others, I’d hope the club were going to push the boat out a fair bit. He’s not really that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well, if true that he’s turned down Hibs, it must be because he has a better offer. 

 

Not because it was Hibs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Byyy The Light

Heard he was meeting with them today. Interesting if he’s turned them down already.

 

Kennedy is an interesting one. Well thought of at Celtic and has a job for life. Is that worth risking leaving to take over at Hibs? Depends on his ambitions but must be tempting to stay put, especially with them doing so well in europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Bruno
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There’s plenty that’s better, or deemed to be.

 

That said, there’s plenty that’s worse.

 

If we’re being reasonable & realistic, we could do a hell of a lot worse than Jack Ross. 

 

I’d find him acceptable but like others, I’d hope the club were going to push the boat out a fair bit. He’s not really that. 

Fair enough us pushing the boat out but the hard bit is convincing quality manager's to work in Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnking123

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
communist

Not enthused by Jack Ross if it's to be him. Still hoping for better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

 

Not because it was Hibs?

Maybe.

 

I personally thought that Jack Ross would seem to be very much someone that the flairmeisters would see as a “Hibs style” manager. He likes all that tippy tappy nonsense.

 

Therefore I thought that the Hibs board would push the boat out somewhat and offer him a good deal, especially when they know they could potentially have competition from across town. 

 

So if true he’s turned it down, it’s either because he really doesn’t want the Hibs job because it’s Hibs. Maybe playing hard to get even and they’ve offered him sweeties.🤷🏼‍♂️

 

Or, he really wants the Hearts job and doesn’t want to be seen playing both sides. 

 

Or, we’re genuinely interested and we’ve started to talk money.

 

Probably wrong, but that’s my thinking. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steve123
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

You might not be far wrong with this, I take it they were both at club at same time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

Genuinely don’t see what is on his CV that should excite us about the prospect of Jack Ross managing our club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

 

I'd take that tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

Fair enough us pushing the boat out but the hard bit is convincing quality manager's to work in Scotland.

Steve Clarke, Steven Gerrard, Brendan Rodgers all came here. 

 

I was was hoping for Daniel Stendel myself. His footballs more “Hearts style” than Jack Ross’ imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing

Did he leave on good terms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

That sounds pretty plausible actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Genuinely don’t see what is on his CV that should excite us about the prospect of Jack Ross managing our club?

Totally one good season at St Mirren in a pretty weak Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Did he leave on good terms?

It was a bit of a mystery iirc.

Perhaps the cause of his departure us no longer at the club ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Did he leave on good terms?


well....he got on pretty well with [modedit]

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferris Bueller
14 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Genuinely don’t see what is on his CV that should excite us about the prospect of Jack Ross managing our club?

This 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt

Forgetting Budges ill-advised comment about “very experienced and high profile” manager, I would be happy with Jack Ross. Young, forward thinking, ambitious, relatively experienced, what’s not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m not sure about Ross - he did do well at St Mirren but it was ridiculous for Sunderland to appoint him: far too big a club too early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shooter McGavin

Am I missing something on Jack Ross? Where’s his pedigree? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgie rools
22 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

Would be happy with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Am I missing something on Jack Ross? Where’s his pedigree? 


Didn’t get on with Levein, so endeared himself to a few that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Castle rock

Where’s this story come from can’t find anything about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Forgetting Budges ill-advised comment about “very experienced and high profile” manager, I would be happy with Jack Ross. Young, forward thinking, ambitious, relatively experienced, what’s not to like?

Boring and baffling football is how Sunderland fans describe him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Would still rather give MacPhee a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Boring and baffling football is how Sunderland fans describe him

We’re well used to that brand of football at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

We’re well used to that brand of football at least.

Exactly a change from it would be welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN
30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Jack Ross manager and McPhee as sports director?

Honestly think we need a change of direction fresh people with good experience.... dont want to go down the road of always ex people connected to the club 

 

New blood is required for us and hopefully a big name 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug

It's surprising that some folk think hiring an English League One manager who has just been sacked is acceptable for Hearts.

Even more so when it was Sunderland who had the biggest budget in the league that he failed with.

I was genuinely hoping he would get the Hibs job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
44 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well, if true that he’s turned down Hibs, it must be because he has a better offer. 


Or that failure to turn around that shambles of a club with zero cash could well end his career when he could easily wait it out and get a English championship club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Last time someone with the initials JR ended up at Hearts after turning down Hibs .........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Honestly think we need a change of direction fresh people with good experience.... dont want to go down the road of always ex people connected to the club 

 

New blood is required for us and hopefully a big name 

 

Ross was at Hearts for about 14 months, and left about three years ago. Not much of a connection really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

Neilson has a better track record than Ross.

 

If fans would be happy with Ross..... 

 

????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

Perhaps still too raw having allegedly tried to put it in the mincer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's surprising that some folk think hiring an English League One manager who has just been sacked is acceptable for Hearts.

Even more so when it was Sunderland who had the biggest budget in the league that he failed with.

I was genuinely hoping he would get the Hibs job.

That’ll be the same Sunderland who had a decent budget in the English Premiership. Relegated.

 

The same Sunderland who probably had the biggest budget in the Championship with parachute payments, etc. Relegated.

 

Ross took them to Wembley a few times and missed out in the play off being beaten by Charlton 2-1 in the final. 

 

Sunderland are a basket case of a club. Not improved since Ross left either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamie1874

Don’t get the love in with Ross

 

Won the championship with St Mirren, then moved while stock was high.

 

Had the biggest budget in League one and failed to get promoted. Then started this season poorly. 
 

No top level experience in Scotland, failed at the big job he got.

 

And all of the above doesn’t include the well rumoured reasons he left the club before and what makes it unlikely he would be back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
55 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

😂😂 who do you want that's better? Bearing in mind this is Scottish that has a standard of football, outwith Rangers and Celtic, that is declining rapidly.

So are certain clubs attendances  ie st Johnstone ,,killie,, well not too great either......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

This shows he is ambitious I think. Good sign

 

Now he has to impress Ann Budge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clark963
9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That’ll be the same Sunderland who had a decent budget in the English Premiership. Relegated.

 

The same Sunderland who probably had the biggest budget in the Championship with parachute payments, etc. Relegated.

 

Ross took them to Wembley a few times and missed out in the play off being beaten by Charlton 2-1 in the final. 

 

Sunderland are a basket case of a club. Not improved since Ross left either.

 

This!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
16 minutes ago, Ribble said:


Or that failure to turn around that shambles of a club with zero cash could well end his career when he could easily wait it out and get a English championship club 

He ain't getting an English Championship club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...