Jack Ross

Last Laff

18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Or that failure to turn around that shambles of a club with zero cash could well end his career when he could easily wait it out and get a English championship club 

Indeed. That could be the case. 👍🏼

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Paul Shark

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That’ll be the same Sunderland who had a decent budget in the English Premiership. Relegated.

The same Sunderland who probably had the biggest budget in the Championship with parachute payments, etc. Relegated.

Ross took them to Wembley a few times and missed out in the play off being beaten by Charlton 2-1 in the final. 

Sunderland are a basket case of a club. Not improved since Ross left either.

Nevertheless their budget in League One in comparison to the other clubs would be like comparing Hearts to Celtic.

The White Cockade
15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That’ll be the same Sunderland who had a decent budget in the English Premiership. Relegated.

The same Sunderland who probably had the biggest budget in the Championship with parachute payments, etc. Relegated.

Ross took them to Wembley a few times and missed out in the play off being beaten by Charlton 2-1 in the final. 

Took them to Wembley a few times? 
Was only there one full season

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s interesting that we will both be appointing managers at roughly the same time. Each manager’s record once they take one will be able to be measured almost exactly against the other’s. Adds another dimension - it will heap even more pressure on the first to hit a bad run of form.

Especially considering we are 1 point apart in the league.

Nelly Terraces

People wanting McPhee as DoF = just total HMFC inbreeds who can't look any further than beyond anyone currently at the club/used to be at the club.  

If you applied their thinking to the human race it'd have died out years ago.

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Checkatrade trophy final v Portsmouth.

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

A playoff which they lost and I'm assuming the other was the English version of the Challenge Cup

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nevertheless their budget in League One in comparison to the other clubs would be like comparing Hearts to Celtic.

If it was all about budgets we wouldn’t be looking for a new manager as Levein would have finished 3/4th for the last two seasons.

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

People wanting McPhee as DoF = just total HMFC inbreeds who can't look any further than beyond anyone currently at the club/used to be at the club.  

However many seem to think Jack Ross should be manager..and as you are posting on this thread do you ?

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What's your view on Jack Ross ?

I don’t think any of the names for manager on here will be anywhere near who we end up with. I think it will be someone totally left field and someone that isn’t even in the running. I have a feeling Hearts are a closed book to the press and that Budge doesn’t like many of them within the press. 

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don’t think any of the names for manager on here will be anywhere near who we end up with. I think it will be someone totally left field and someone that isn’t even in the running. I have a feeling Hearts are a closed book to the press and that Budge doesn’t like many of them within the press. 

I hope you are proved correct.

Your last paragraph shows she has good taste.

Just now, luckydug said:

I hope you are proved correct.

Your last paragraph shows she has good taste.

She’s showed her teeth a couple of times with the press and her press conference after the Levein sacking was class, very bullish. I think we will appoint a sporting Director at some point this week and then next week or the week after a manager. 

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What nonsense. He was awful at Sunderland. Tactically inept, poor decision-making and bad signings.

Jack Dross, the Sunderland fans called him.

10 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

What nonsense. He was awful at Sunderland. Tactically inept, poor decision-making and bad signings.

different league and wild expectations for a basket case club. What do people honestly expect ? I’d personally rather have a Ross , someone who knows the league and expectations. Foreign appointments are a real gamble and one this club can ill afford after the past 3-4 seasons

also is McLaughlin a bad signing ? One of Sunderland’s stand outs

Edited by 1971fozzy

56 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

whatever you say McPhee has certainly convinced many a decent player to come here. Maybe it’s a good thing he has a role

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

That game when they got bossed by Accrington on their own patch,live on Sky. 

Absolutely not. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:laugh2:

Walter Bishop

Jack Ross isn't experienced enough and certainly isn't high profile. Would be a joke appointment, another of the Levein production line, even though he was shipped out. Would mean Daly, Fox and Co. Staying aswell, with Levein playing a part in the background. 

Arthur Morgan

Been told from a Sunderland supporting mate that and I quote: Absolutely shite, plays diabolical football, avoid at all costs. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

rudi must stay

Sky Sports now saying a new manager is the club's first priority over a Sporting Director and Robinson is our top choice. Very underwhelming if true

Edited by rudi must stay

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Sky Sports now saying a new manager is the club's first priority over a Sporting Director and Robinson is our top choice. Very underwhelming if true

I would be happy with this. 

Arthur Morgan
11 minutes ago, WT Laurie said:

Get Robinson in, also would like McPhee to have a role 

Yep, Robinson in as manager and MacPhee sporting director. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

It's not just been from the start of the 19/20 season, Motherwell would be 3rd based on the whole of 2019: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49981430

A good piece that echoes my thoughts on him, it takes time to turn a team around like Motherwell as they aren't as an attractive prospect for players, especially from the time he took over at Motherwell. He explains why they played a direct style for the first 2 seasons, now they are reaping the benefits of good player recruitment, they can play an attacking style of football. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Sky know **** all.

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Been told from a Sunderland supporting mate that and I quote: Absolutely shite, plays diabolical football, avoid at all costs. 

i would say the same about Sunderland. 

As I recall JR was one game sway from getting them promoted. And since he left Sunderland has not done much better. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If that true that would suggest Austin McPhee going to be sporting director and announced once he back from international duty 

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Steve Clarke, Steven Gerrard, Brendan Rodgers all came here. 

I was was hoping for Daniel Stendel myself. His footballs more “Hearts style” than Jack Ross’ imo.

I'll give you Clarke, Gerrard was untested as a manager and Celtic would've been an easy sell for Rodgers.

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Maybe.

I personally thought that Jack Ross would seem to be very much someone that the flairmeisters would see as a “Hibs style” manager. He likes all that tippy tappy nonsense.

Therefore I thought that the Hibs board would push the boat out somewhat and offer him a good deal, especially when they know they could potentially have competition from across town. 

So if true he’s turned it down, it’s either because he really doesn’t want the Hibs job because it’s Hibs. Maybe playing hard to get even and they’ve offered him sweeties.🤷🏼‍♂️

Or, he really wants the Hearts job and doesn’t want to be seen playing both sides. 

Or, we’re genuinely interested and we’ve started to talk money.

Probably wrong, but that’s my thinking. 

Does he. Sunderland supporters will say the last thing they played was tippy tappy

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does anyone have a list of his signings at Sunderland?

McLaughlin,Ozturk,Jimmy Dunne and the injured hibs midfielder and a striker from Wigan 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

McLaughlin,Ozturk,Jimmy Dunne and the injured hibs midfielder and a striker from Wigan 🤷‍♂️

Lewis Morgan was a loanee , hardly played  and mostly as sub . 

So people want Ross with macphee, same coaching nursery, levein still lurking about...... marvellous that was some process we have went though!!! 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So people want Ross with macphee, same coaching nursery, levein still lurking about...... marvellous that was some process we have went though!!! 

surely people aren’t saying the want the same coaching nursery (as you call it) Clearly MacPhee has already binned Daly and Fox from being as prominent. Levein lurking about aswell what a pile of pish. 

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Would like to see Austin stay on. Ross is not for me though.