Jack Ross

Last Laff

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

If Hearts had hired him you would have had a 20  paragraph post deriding the club for lack of ambition. 😂

I never said or thought Hearts should or should not hire him. I merely commented that I thought he might do well if James Fowler accompanied him to Hibs! You need to get out more.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Paul Shark

5 hours ago, Bozi said:

Jacks your second choice, jacks your second choice 

They wanted john Kennedy

Jack's your second choice 

Correct👏

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Should have got Jack Ross end of. Taking weeks pissing about is what we did before appointing Levein we have ****ed up again 😡😡😡😡

really? Did well at stmirren in championship, failed at Sunderland despite having biggest budget in the league by a factor or 3/4 times over the opposition..

he may be ok but not convinced tbh. 

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

really? Did well at stmirren in championship, failed at Sunderland despite having biggest budget in the league by a factor or 3/4 times over the opposition..

Hope I'm wrong time will tell 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, bighalders said:

Hope I'm wrong time will tell 

he will have to work miracles but they have dogshit players and an owner that couldn’t give a fcuk

Hibs fans on Facebook have all been strangely quiet over this, normally they get all excited that something good is going to happen before the inevitable Hibsing 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Hibs fans on Facebook have all been strangely quiet over this, normally they get all excited that something good is going to happen before the inevitable Hibsing 

He’s a bit meh. Doubt he will improve hibs much but will be organised enough to ensure they don’t go down either. 

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He’s a bit meh. Doubt he will improve hibs much but will be organised enough to ensure they don’t go down either. 

Aye but it's so un-Hibs not to proclaim him as the greatest manager ever and try and claim they stole him ahead of us

It's almost like they are being realistic,its all quite unnerving 

Brick Tamland

Delighted that he has gone to them epitomises a meh appointment and wouldn’t have wanted him managing us. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Aye but it's so un-Hibs not to proclaim him as the greatest manager ever and try and claim they stole him ahead of us

It's almost like they are being realistic,its all quite unnerving 

He’s basically another Heckingbottom. 

Quite pleased that Hibs appear to have done what I expected them to.     To make a rushed decision.    Even better that it's an obviously unimaginative choice.    Bodes well for a **** up.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s the end of their Barcelona style swashbuckling attacking football then.

Never they taught Brazil how to play don’t you know 😂

Jack Ross was successful with St Mirren and did ok with alloa. Why are folk wetting their knickers that we never appointed a guy that Sunderland just sacked. Robbie has a better managerial record than this guy.

At Sunderland he had a massive budget but systematically failed. He might bounce back but the jury is massively out on this guy.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s the end of their Barcelona style swashbuckling attacking football then.

I wouldn't mind it beginning for us. We've watched some boring stuff recently.

4 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Jack Ross was successful with St Mirren and did ok with alloa. Why are folk wetting their knickers that we never appointed a guy that Sunderland just sacked. Robbie has a better managerial record than this guy.

At Sunderland he had a massive budget but systematically failed. He might bounce back but the jury is massively out on this guy.

He failed to get out a league Stendal did, but no interview for him?

:levein_interesting:

4 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

The radio report suggested he was offered our position & he chose h1b5😱

i doubt it mind!

Thank feck

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i doubt it mind!

lol, I very much doubt that is true

21 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i doubt it mind!

Of course he was 😂

On 16/11/2019 at 08:12, bighalders said:

Should have got Jack Ross end of. Taking weeks pissing about is what we did before appointing Levein we have ****ed up again 😡😡😡😡

:lol:

Don’t know how you’ve managed it all these years.

40 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i doubt it mind!

:lol: They would say that.

A load of shite.

42 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i doubt it mind!

I would bet a months wages nobody has been offered the Hearts job yet. 

Heckingbottom has bought so badly we will win at an absolute canter on Boxing Day. Looking forward to seeing jack’s face then.

He's at Hibs and is now therefore a ****! I wish him nothing but abject failure but, no doubt this thread will be another Lawrence Shankland thread. Bumped every time they ***** get a result which, hopefully is very ******* infrequently. FTH !

Edited by Jamhammer

On 16/11/2019 at 08:31, kingantti1874 said:

Here's hoping he gets the chance in the Championship again next season :D

Guest ToqueJambo
On 16/11/2019 at 03:46, Victorian said:

Quite pleased that Hibs appear to have done what I expected them to.     To make a rushed decision.    Even better that it's an obviously unimaginative choice.    Bodes well for a **** up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sacked Heckingbottom when they did because Ross was their top "flavour of the month" choice and they were worried we'd go for him.

If Alan Irvine, Robbo, Warnock and maybe Stendel (although not sure if the last two are realistic wages-wise) really are contenders for us, I'm happy we're taking our time as I'd take all ahead of Ross. The Man City guy and McPhee have more high level coaching experience than Ross, but without the experience as head coach.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 16/11/2019 at 15:08, manaliveits105 said:

Has he mentioned the hibs way or state of the art academy yet ? 

Hoofball and relegation fight incoming

Not only that but by the time Jack Ross leaves hibs he will be lucky if he gets a gig at East of Scotland level! 

It tells me more that in  going for J Ross that the hibs owner isn’t willing to throw lots of money at them . 
He could’ve made a statement of intent but hasn’t , maybe the septic tank was hoping the fans would pony up for a big name manager ? 
He won’t play this fabled hibsway style that they believe in .

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i doubt it mind!

Yeah it's only been suggested, in the interviews he certainly didn't say that he took the Hibs job over Hearts, just the fact that multiple positions came available at once. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah it's only been suggested, in the interviews he certainly didn't say that he took the Hibs job over Hearts, just the fact that multiple positions came available at once. 

I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable trying to avoid saying anything that would prove to be a complete lie while attempting to appear that he was gagging on the job at fester road. 

The truth is when he realised we weren't going to offer him the job, he's been forced to settle for Hibs.

He's not even their preferred option either but hey ho lets just all sweep that under the carpet.

Was always going to be played like this as if it was some great coup for Hibs.

It's Jack Ross for **** sake of it wasn't Hibs he would have ended up at St Johnstone or maybe back at St Mirren in a few months.

Guest ToqueJambo

i doubt it mind!

Every Hibs appointment is talked up to the moon by themselves and the media. I hope we get someone whose reputation and record really does speak for itself. Butcher, Calderwood, Fenlon, Hughes, Stubbs, Heckingbottom..... they were all "progressive" and "in demand" managers, who will play "the Hibs way." We were told Stubbs was a contender for the Everton job when he joined Hibs 😂 They appointed Heckingbottom based on his work at Barnsley - a 27% win record - and still proclaimed as him some sort of coup. Some of our fans on here even fell for that and wanted a similar type appointment.

Sounded vague and guarded about the way the two job processes played out together.     99.9% he's jumped on the first and only offer.    Fair enough... it's a job... by his own words he was very keen to have one.

If any vermin tell you he chose Hibs against a Hearts offer then it's wishful thinking horse shit.     

Edited by Victorian

15 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

The truth is when he realised we weren't going to offer him the job, he's been forced to settle for Hibs.

He's not even their preferred option either but hey ho lets just all sweep that under the carpet.

I think the truth is that Hibs were the only ones that offered him a post therefore it was a “straightforward decision” to accept it.

He can’t accept the Hearts post if he’s never been offered it. 

Media playing at being dicks as usual.

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hope Sportsound are going to mention his boots, just for balance 

#crimesagainstfashion 

According to .net, he ‘walks the walk’ and does so in a similar style to John Wayne!

:facepalm:

i doubt it mind!

Have you got a link to that report? I’d be interested to hear how they’ve tried to put that spin on it.