Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

20 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Another tip for the lads. Please stop singing “there’s only one...” when it’s sung for about 10 different players. 

Naismith also needs a song, “he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, Stevie Naismith for the balon dor”

No wonder Kasabian are shite. 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂 the JKB mafia made them sing bigotry. 

Jambos kickback aint going to stop anyone singing anything .

Anyone thats been to games last few year's will have heard bigotry being belted out from all 3 stands at times ..

Seems bit harsh to constantly be putting this down to youngsters

As a club we've  got a problem with bigotry and have done for ages 

2 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Naismith also needs a song, “he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, Stevie Naismith for the balon dor”

Definitely 👍🏻

Maybe 😊

4 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

:wtfvlad:

Stephane Grappelli
13 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Where has the question (what will change this time around?)  been answered?

Still trying to figure out your agenda here.  Something not quite right, something I'm missing...

7 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Another tip for the lads. Please stop singing “there’s only one...” when it’s sung for about 10 different players. 

"Stevie Naismith for the balon dor” doesn't really fit the original line of "and I need more time" does it? 

9 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Couple of tweeks and that works nicely:

he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, and his hair smells of thyme.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Still trying to figure out your agenda here.  Something not quite right, something I'm missing...

Probably quite a lot but this thread isn’t about you, or me. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:rofl:

10 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

He's definitely maybe supersonic but that song really makes me wonder(wall)

11 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

“he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, Stevie Naismith for the balon dor”

Love it, but I respectfully offer a tweak

He’s electric,

He scores goals against Hibees and Celtic,

He scores goals when they’re never expected,

Stevie Naismith's alright

Francis Albert
44 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

"Ultras" :rofl:

Apart from the name being laughable, why not a name that distinguishes them from groups formed with a core aim of being as offensive as possible.

How about the Gorgie Glee Club?

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Apart from the name being laughable, why not a name that distinguishes them from groups formed with a core aim of being as offensive as possible?

Probably a very straightforward and obvious answer to that question.

Naismiths' electric,

His play is sublime

been here before
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Youll make sure it is though.

11 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Naismiths' electric,

His play is sublime

Last line - but he's injured most of the time ?

12 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Naismiths' electric,

His play is sublime

Steve's electric

He scores against Hibees and Celtic

Naisy scores when you never expect it

And his knee's now fine

58 minutes ago, been here before said:

Youll make sure it is though.

Nope. Seen a few posters, including yourself, trying to do exactly that though 👍🏻

So then frank why do you feel the need to post on the new agenda of a group that a blind man could see you have absolutely no time for?

6 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

So then frank why do you feel the need to post on the new agenda of a group that a blind man could see you have absolutely no time for?

Already explained this in a previous post. This is the biggest Hearts fan forum. Why would we not have a thread discussing the possible relaunch of singing section 3.0 when their previous behaviour and current social media provide plenty of discussion re pros and cons?

Stephane Grappelli
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I take your point but that's not it. 

You're up to something here, you're up to something... and I think I know what it is.

8 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

You're up to something here, you're up to something... and I think I know what it is.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

been here before
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Of course he's up to something. You think his behaviour around all this is normal?

Johnny Sandiego

I'm of the opinion that we should actually wait until the section is up and running again in Tynecastle and judge them on that. They have made the right call engaging with the club and by the sounds of the statement may have some fresh ideas on how to improve the atmosphere going forward.

I couldnt give a s@@@ what they do on twitter or facebook as i dont follow them. I only care what happens in or around the ground on a Saturday and if they help inprove the atmosphere, and in turn this helps the players get an extra lift, then that can only be a positive.

It appears the purpose if this thread though was to shoot them down before they start. All this has done is drag up behaviour of either previous incarnations of the section, or worse, some social media stuff that someone running their twitter re-tweeted months ago. 

I cant understand why the OP would actively follow this group on social either, as he clearly doesnt want them to be any part of the fan base. Why would you want content that clearly bothers you appearing in your feed?

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

"Ultras" :rofl:

The term  does seem a bit precocious. If they started off as the Gorgie Boys and ended up making such a positive visual and aural contribution to the atmosphere at Tynie and away from home that they were to merit being called "Ultras" then good on them. But beginning by calling yourself "Ultras" when you're just starting off as a small group? These things should be earned, imo.

Stephane Grappelli
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

58 minutes ago, been here before said:

Of course he's up to something. You think his behaviour around all this is normal?

I'm not sure if anything about Frank and his acolytes is normal.

Just now, Johnny Sandiego said:

I'm of the opinion that we should actually wait until the section is up and running again in Tynecastle and judge them on that. They have made the right call engaging with the club and by the sounds of the statement may have some fresh ideas on how to improve the atmosphere going forward.

I couldnt give a s@@@ what they do on twitter or facebook as i dont follow them. I only care what happens in or around the ground on a Saturday and if they help inprove the atmosphere, and in turn this helps the players get an extra lift, then that can only be a positive.

It appears the purpose if this thread though was to shoot them down before they start. All this has done is drag up behaviour of either previous incarnations of the section, or worse, some social media stuff that someone running their twitter re-tweeted months ago. 

I cant understand why the OP would actively follow this group on social either, as he clearly doesnt want them to be any part of the fan base. Why would you want content that clearly bothers you appearing in your feed?

I’m of the same opinion. As I said earlier...leave them to it.

I'm glad you mentioned the 'dragging up ' bit Johnny. I thought for a minute it was me being paranoid.its 100%true though he did start  thread knowing his minions would be up in Arms

1 hour ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I don’t follow them on social media. They posted their statement on the Hearts FC Facebook page which meant it appeared on my timeline. Was surprised to see they still existed after the complete cluster**** they made of running a singing section last season, never mind asking the club if they could have a clean slate to have another go.

😂

Edited by To Be Frank

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

The term  does seem a bit precocious. If they started off as the Gorgie Boys and ended up making such a positive visual and aural contribution to the atmosphere at Tynie and away from home that they were to merit being called "Ultras" then good on them. But beginning by calling yourself "Ultras" when you're just starting off as a small group? These things should be earned, imo.

They were just the “Gorgie Boys” a year ago. Seem to have given themselves a promotion 😂👍🏻

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I don’t follow them on social media. They posted their statement on the Hearts FC Facebook page which meant it appeared on my timeline. Was surprised to see they still existed after the complete cluster**** they made of running a singing section last season, never mind asking the club if they could have a clean slate to have another go.

😂

You should start a singing section. It’s clearly something you’re interested in. You’d know what songs to sing and which ones to avoid. Maybe the young guys just need a responsible leader to keep them on the straight and narrow. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

You should start a singing section. It’s clearly something you’re interested in. You’d know what songs to sing and which ones to avoid. Maybe the young guys just need a responsible leader to keep them on the straight and narrow. 

Unfortunately I suspect any attempt to have a singing section is going to be infiltrated by numbskulls obsessed with pyro, ‘party songs’ and political flags.

We’ve managed without a singing section for the last 145 years of our existence and  I’m sure we’ll manage on without them in the future. 👍🏻

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Unfortunately I suspect any attempt to have a singing section is going to be infiltrated by numbskulls obsessed with pyro, ‘party songs’ and political flags.

We’ve managed without a singing section for the last 145 years of our existence and  I’m sure we’ll manage on without them in the future. 👍🏻

So you really only start these threads to negatively influence the idea of a singing section.

Got it now.

18 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Change "he scores against hibees and celtic" to "hates hibs and the celtic".

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So you really only start these threads to negatively influence the idea of a singing section.

Got it now.

Yes, my influence over decisions made by the club is extensive. My next thread is about changing the toilet roll in the Wheatfield toilets. Get your thinking cap on as to whether you prefer quilted or aloe vera 👍🏻

Stephane Grappelli
9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Couple of tweeks and that works nicely:

he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, and his hair smells of thyme.

You had to edit that?  Please Louise...

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Sorry, genuinely really sorry. I’ll try and not next time. I was replying to someone else though, so if I want you to reply, I’ll post directly to you in future. Sorry again.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Yes, my influence over decisions made by the club is extensive. My next thread is about changing the toilet roll in the Wheatfield toilets. Get your thinking cap on as to whether you prefer quilted or aloe vera 👍🏻

As you are no doubt aware, I wasn’t suggesting you had any influence. Quilted is always preferable as I like a curry on a Friday. 

Why not just be sincere and say from the outset that you don’t want a singing section?

Kidding on you’re all in favour as long as there is no bigotry or racism just comes over all wrong because it’s so obviously false.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sorry, genuinely really sorry. I’ll try and not next time. I was replying to someone else though, so if I want you to reply, I’ll post directly to you in future. Sorry again.

🤣

been here before
7 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

You should edit that to geez Louise.

Stephane Grappelli
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That is the last thing I want.  Nobody would want that.

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:touche:

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As you are no doubt aware, I wasn’t suggesting you had any influence. Quilted is always preferable as I like a curry on a Friday. 

Why not just be sincere and say from the outset that you don’t want a singing section?

Kidding on you’re all in favour as long as there is no bigotry or racism just comes over all wrong because it’s so obviously false.

Sorry if you’ve misunderstood. For the avoidance of doubt I don’t want anyone who wants to use our club as a vehicle for behaving like cretins being part of a singing section. All it does is muddy the club’s reputation. 

I’d love if it was possible to have a singing section without all the baggage that comes with it. Can’t see it ever happening sadly. Too many morons whose priority isn’t what is best for the club.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

:touche:

Sorry if you’ve misunderstood. For the avoidance of doubt I don’t want anyone who wants to use our club as a vehicle for behaving like cretins being part of a singing section. All it does is muddy the club’s reputation. 

I’d love if it was possible to have a singing section without all the baggage that comes with it. Can’t see it ever happening sadly. Too many morons whose priority isn’t what is best for the club.

Fair enough. I don’t doubt the first paragraph one bit. I do have doubts about the first sentence of the second paragraph. I just get the impression you’d welcome the singing section’s failure with absolute glee but I’ve no doubt you are totally sincere in not wanting the reputation of the club tarnished.

• davemclaren locked this topic