Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

Just now, been here before said:

I doubt they give a flying one how they look to you.

It would worry me if any of them cared how they looked to any of us, to be perfectly honest. 
If they do, all our past chicanery was in vain !

:sadrobbo:

been here before
Just now, Boab said:

It would worry me if any of them cared how they looked to any of us, to be perfectly honest. 

One of the best things about their last incarnation was the glorious 'We All Hate Kickback' tune. I thought that was brilliant and it also introduced Tiffany to a new audience.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Get that thought out of your head, soldier.

If this goes ahead and I hope it does. The club should open a temp club shop close to the proposed section selling tracky bottoms and drums (sale or return).

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah, without doubt they won’t all be arseholes. Unfortunately it looks like it’s more than a minority who are. 

:D

Kickback has a non existent history of leniency when it comes to assigning positions on the sliding scale of arseholery. 

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D

Kickback has a non existent history of leniency when it comes to assigning positions on the sliding scale of arseholery. 

True! 😄

56 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If this goes ahead and I hope it does. The club should open a temp club shop close to the proposed section selling tracky bottoms and drums (sale or return).

They all seem quite smart dressed lads " no many tracky bottoms ' if any ? In their ranks ....

8 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

are you and frank joined at the hip Sarah o  same old stuff every time sad sad

I wish the laddies good luck. What else do you want? 

8 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

They all seem quite smart dressed lads " no many tracky bottoms ' if any ? In their ranks ....

I think the trackie bottoms thing is a bit of a red herring tbh. Not all of them wear trackies and not all of those who try to defend them are fat and ginger 👍🏻

Good luck to them. Lets just leave sectarian bile and flags (no matter which one) behind and nowhere near Tynecastle. It is Hearts we support not one side or another of any divide.

3 hours ago, Independence said:

Good luck to them. Lets just leave sectarian bile and flags (no matter which one) behind and nowhere near Tynecastle. It is Hearts we support not one side or another of any divide.

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I wish the laddies good luck. What else do you want? 

Both verses of King Billy's on the Wall would be nice.

8 hours ago, Independence said:

I suspect they will need all the luck going as the flags and/or sectarian crap will most likely raise their (very) ugly heads again at some point as sure as day follows night.

16 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I suspect they will need all the luck going as the flags and/or sectarian crap will most likely raise their (very) ugly heads again at some point as sure as day follows night.

Best intentions and actual reality are 2 completely different things.

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% behind a singing section. If used correctly singing sections bring enormous amounts of atmosphere to stadiums. They can control the rest of the crowd setting up songs and being the catalyst to a great night.

However this lot have had more than one opportunity and they have balls’d it up.

Simple question to Phil D and others who admirably are pitching this again...,

What will change THIS time around?

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% behind a singing section. If used correctly singing sections bring enormous amounts of atmosphere to stadiums. They can control the rest of the crowd setting up songs and being the catalyst to a great night.

However this lot have had more than one opportunity and they have balls’d it up.

That last question has been answered. They, hopefully, don’t give a shit about Kickback and will not be seeking it’s approval. If they never sang any party songs, some on here would still find fault in something. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

That last question has been answered. They, hopefully, don’t give a shit about Kickback and will not be seeking it’s approval. If they never sang any party songs, some on here would still find fault in something. 

Where has the question (what will change this time around?)  been answered?

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Where has the question (what will change this time around?)  been answered?

The answer is, they don’t need to explain anything to anyone on here. Like anyone at any game, they’ll stand or fall by their actions.

Leave them to it.

Bang on the nail boab,the curvas in Italy,besiktas in Turkey or the Athenian teams are revered throughout europe and don't seek permission from their more quieter fans of their teams

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

That last question has been answered. They, hopefully, don’t give a shit about Kickback and will not be seeking it’s approval. If they never sang any party songs, some on here would still find fault in something

Come on, Boab. Surely you know that's nonsense. 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I doubt very much it was "this lot" who have had more than one opportunity.

This has been going on for years. Members of loose social groups come and go. You'll likely find that most of the original group have grown up and moved on, and there will be a lot of young guys coming through and looking for a more lively and exciting matchday experience.

I'll tell you what will change this time:

**** all.

And neither it should.

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s not going to mean they make a (Gorgie) fist of it! Seriously, it’s got nothing to do with JKB that they ****ed it up, surely you see that, mate? :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Good post.

This thread has gone the same way as the others already. No acceptance of responsibility for the failure of previous attempts from the SSO, and JKB being blamed for their failure. Absolute waste of time again.

The thread should have never been started in the first place icon,to what ends?frank snooping about on Twitter accounts judging them before they have struck a blow sad stuff

22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This has been going on for years. Members of loose social groups come and go. You'll likely find that most of the original group have grown up and moved on, and there will be a lot of young guys coming through and looking for a more lively and exciting matchday experience.

**** all.

And neither it should.

Can this lot fight? The last lot were terrible, got drums and banners taken of them, disgrace to the club!

48 minutes ago, Boab said:

The answer is, they don’t need to explain anything to anyone on here. Like anyone at any game, they’ll stand or fall by their actions.

Leave them to it.

The question was: what will be different this time?

Your answer is to a totally different question.

In terms of “leave them to it”, us discussing them on here will have as much impact on the outcome of their newest attempt as discussing the next manager will have on who gets appointed. 

51 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** all.

And neither it should.

If nothing changes and no lessons have been learned then it will end up the same way.

34 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

The thread should have never been started in the first place icon,to what ends?frank snooping about on Twitter accounts judging them before they have struck a blow sad stuff

It’s a thread to discuss the lengthy statement they released and their (alleged) discussions with the club. If you aren’t comfortable discussing this statement and controversial social media posts they’ve made then don’t open the thread 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s not going to mean they make a (Gorgie) fist of it! Seriously, it’s got nothing to do with JKB that they ****ed it up, surely you see that, mate? :lol: 

Such common sense is alien to some it would seem! 😂

What we have going on here is a guilty complex.

This is that particular group stepping forward in an identity parade saying it was me who did it!

29 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Its impossible to “snoop” on Twitter. It’s public.

I suggest this group attempts to get rid of the “we know we ducked up previously” mentality and reinvents itself AGAIN with some clear goals and clear objectives.

Also lose this weird “prove ourselves to JKB” mentality.

Try proving it to yourselves first?

Would be a bloody good start.

On 10/11/2019 at 18:54, To Be Frank said:

DA370405-3E35-4361-9F51-98CA812DBB1E.jpeg

79784AB2-5A55-4621-8C17-A0F9B5470382.jpeg

sick  and wonder if they wore that mask on remembrance sunday?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Its not just the party songs,its the tea towels, smoke bombs etc.

They dont give a shit about kickback,nobody thinks they do. They also do not give a shit about the Hearts brand, as every time they get another chance they drag up the same sectarian pish.

This will end as it has done previously,leopards do not change their spots.

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If nothing changes and no lessons have been learned then it will end up the same way.

More than likely, Franko, and probably deservedly so, but it warms the cockles somewhat that the young scamps keep giving it another go.

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This will end as it has done previously,leopards do not change their spots.

It's mostly a different bunch of leopards than the first lot but you're right, they are leopards.

I mind being a leopard of sorts all those years ago, I'm willing to wager that you do too.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This thread has gone the same way as the others already. No acceptance of responsibility for the failure of previous attempts from the SSO, and JKB being blamed for their failure. Absolute waste of time again.

I wouldn't blame JKB for their failure, but to say it's out of touch with the average teenager is a reasonable charge.

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's mostly a different bunch of leopards than the first lot but you're right, they are leopards.

I mind being a leopard of sorts all those years ago, I'm willing to wager that you do too.

Dunno GT, certainly seems to be the same bunch going by their twitter page. The tweets suggest they started up the singing section last season, made an arse of it, fell out with the club, started slagging off Mrs Budge online and have now gone full circle looking to start again.

AFDB3F70-F0FB-4EEB-B79C-1588CC2C5881.jpeg

Edited by To Be Frank

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I wouldn't blame JKB for their failure, but to say it's out of touch with the average teenager is a reasonable charge.

Probably is out of touch, yes. 

The blaming of JKB for their behaviour nonsense is just ludicrous though. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

6 pages, 240 comments of passive aggressive “good luck to them BUT......” 😂😂

Yes, it’s the passive aggressive posts on JKB that have caused them to repeatedly fail to get this thing up and running. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, it’s the passive aggressive posts on JKB that have caused them to repeatedly fail to get this thing up and running. :lol: 

😂😂 the JKB mafia made them sing bigotry. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Probably is out of touch, yes. 

The blaming of JKB for their behaviour nonsense is just ludicrous though. :lol: 

Who’s blaming JKB ?

Not me, just an educated guess that the young team, like many young teams before them will stand or fall by their own actions. 
The appalled will be on stand by though.

Itching for any indiscretion !

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** all.

And neither it should.

The Gov is spot on yet again.

On their FB page they said on Monday they will be in Chadwick Stand 3. I bought tickets for me and my 8 year old in Chadwick 3 on Saturday. If ye see a 40 year auld and his wee bairn booncin' aboot wi teenagers you'll know it's me, haha. Although, if ye see a 40 year auld with a bairn telling them to quit the drumming it might be me, 🤣😂 Could go either way. 😁😉

Edited by EH22-Jambo

Serge Pizzorno

Another tip for the lads. Please stop singing “there’s only one...” when it’s sung for about 10 different players. 

Naismith also needs a song, “he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, Stevie Naismith for the balon dor”

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Naismith also needs a song, “he’s electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic, he scores goals when they’re never expected, Stevie Naismith for the balon dor”

• davemclaren locked this topic