Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, benny said:

Good luck but do not spoil it for yourselves.

Get rid of that ultra nonsense as well.

I agree.   They should call themselves the Gorgie Gospel Choir.  Much less intimidating and we don't wan't to be seen to be imitating the smelltic.  It might also attract some positive attention as long as bigotry was kept out of the songs.  What other team's tunesters has a name like that?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Which is what I said in the first place....

Yup, you did Biffa sorry was in the middle of posting when it went up and did not see the previous one.

The big caveat to most wanting them has been mentioned loads here.

Leave the UJs and bigotry out. Simple as that. If younwant to support the CLUB and PLAYERS, as you state, believe me, neither want that shit.

Self police it well, and best of luck guys!!

Generally the atmosphere is better in tynecastle when the Gorgie Boys are there. It also works so much better in G rather than H as theres already a great vocal support in that part of the ground who are more likely to join in with the songs. Really want this to actually work this time

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Get the ‘no surrender Michael Smith song’ to ****.

This. This just fuels the mini Rangers shite. 

Good statement tbf.

The ‘No surrender’ shite was up there with the cringiest stuff I’ve seen at home. However being out sung by St Mirren fans, who I was pretty impressed with despite the bloody drum, was also cringey.

Im not part of the PC brigade and don’t think they should stick to Budge’s family friendly songbook but I hate the whole Rangers sycophant stuff.

If they create an atmosphere, get inventive and keep it all about hearts then I’m all for it.

good luck to them, I admired St lie doons  support yesterday with the Tequella song, and when the Motherwell fans did a great version of twist & shout, would be great to hear the young yins dae something like these songs (with our players obv] just keep the hatefull pish away, we are Heart of Midlothian not the huns cousins from the East.

As long as they don't sings songs with any sectarian/political content then that's cool with me.

Stick to songs about hearts and leave the diet sevco stuff for them in the west. I don't want Hearts being associated with any of that crap.

I will admit I used to sing those songs when I was a teen but that was wrong, and we need to start being responsible and protect the culture of this football club, so that we leave all that in the past.

Serge Pizzorno
35 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They had a chance and ****ed it up. They cannot keep away from sectarian nonsense.

Oh yes and lower G has fans in it already.

For these reasons I'm out.

It used to have fans in it. 

These days its the most deserted area of the stadium. 

Serge Pizzorno

The tequila song could easily be sung by ourselves with Meshino in place of Obika.

Make it happen lads. 

Best of luck and don't blow what I can only imagine is your last chance. 

26 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

All for an atmosphere at Tynecastle, just not a toxic one.

An atmosphere can still be 'toxic' without all the religious shite.

A toxic atmosphere can be an intimidating one, for which Tynecastle used to be famed for.

Teams used to hate coming to Tynie, it was like having the famous '12th man".

I'm all for a group like this and of course by that I mean a responsible group (but i'm not expecting them not to be a little raucous)

When I was young I liked to be part of the group starting the songs in the shed and so it should be when you are young and full of passion for your club

Things are different now but we the fans and the club should support them to some extent

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Get a fecking grip. Our home is in Gorgie

And going by the current young team’s repertoire at away games, what do you think the ‘Gorgie Boys’ theme tune will be? I was born under a union flag or something like Hello, Hello we are the the Gorgie Boys? I’m pretty certain you know the answer to that one. 

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A toxic atmosphere can be an intimidating one, for which Tynecastle used to be famed for.

👍 on the money captain 👍

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Honestly can’t see the club agreeing to this plan. One look at this group’s Twitter account shows they’ve burnt their bridges (referring to our owner as Ann Jong Budge and an old cow and then retweeting a photoshopped picture of Levein getting executed and someone in a Hearts top and Hitler mask and calling them Adolf Budge) 🙄

If true then hopefully the club will see this and ban the neds 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Honestly can’t see the club agreeing to this plan. One look at this group’s Twitter account shows they’ve burnt their bridges (referring to our owner as Ann Jong Budge and an old cow and then retweeting a photoshopped picture of Levein getting executed and someone in a Hearts top and Hitler mask and calling them Adolf Budge) 🙄

Assume the above post was the real reason you wanted to start this thread. Has this debate not been done to death. 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The thin blue line between the scum and us was the only segregation, jeez ,you could smell the schist  all over the place

I was in lower H yesterday and did ponder what the hell ever happened to the attempted singing section there. They seemed to get decent numbers at some of the away games but really struggled at home. The atmosphere at Tynecastle is dire most games so good luck to them if they're having another go - being in G should help. Keep the sectarian stuff out and hopefully it'll kick on - providing more of us actually join in this time 👍

Just now, maggieb said:

The thin blue line between the scum and us was the only segregation, jeez ,you could smell the schist  all over the place

:thumbsup: 

Serge Pizzorno
12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Can you go a day on here without posting the word ned?

PhoenixHearts

I am not opposed to this in theory, HOWEVER my main concern is how last season there often seemed to be a crossover/blurring of lines between where the last iteration of the singing section was housed and where much of the trouble and less savoury elements were coming from.

That's the young teams singing rangers songs, waving UJs and red hands, use of banned flares and pyro, the horrendous and embarrassing Tommy Robinson flag at the murrayfield LC semi last year, much of the bans were handed to people around this area etc... 

The almost identical Twitter accounts with the whole good cop bad cop act was a little shifty too...

I absolutely want to sing songs and be conducive to a great atmosphere, but I don't want to be associated with any of that poisonous bigotry which has absolutely nothing to do with our club.

Do it in a non partisan way which is appealing or at least somewhat aggreeable to almost everyone. And keep it rooted in football.

By all means have an edge and a bit of a mean streak, just don't let it spill over into actual bigotry, prejudice or hate. Be smart about it and they'll be fine.

Do it right or don't do it at all. 

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Assume the above post was the real reason you wanted to start this thread. Has this debate not been done to death. 

Spot on. He’s itching for it. 

24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Spot on. 

3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Good luck to the guys, just don’t let it be a vehicle for mini hun behaviour.

This. However if this has any connection to the previous mob, that's exactly what it will be.

Jambof3tornado
48 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

It used to have fans in it. 

These days its the most deserted area of the stadium. 

Staying away until the manager is replaced?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

This. However if this has any connection to the previous mob, that's exactly what it will be.

Of course its connected to the previous lot.

been here before
58 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

The tequila song could easily be sung by ourselves with Meshino in place of Obika.

Make it happen lads. 

Best of luck and don't blow what I can only imagine is your last chance. 

No dont.

Do your own songs. Every ground you go to now its the same generic tunes with only the odd players name or some such changed here and there. Its like the YouTube Boyz and its pish.

Sing something new, something catchy, something about Hearts and who knows in 40 or 50 years time it still might be betting an airing.

I'm proudly PC but I don't go to games seeking peace and quiet and doubt that anybody does.

Make much more noise please. The right kind, of course. None of the Rangers s****, that's all.

We need more songs. After yesterday "We've got Uche Uche Uche Ikpeazu on the wing, on the wing....."

Selkirkhmfc1874

Goodluck to them ! As others have rightly said stay clear of the sectarianism and everybody will get behind them 

Thought Police

There is a bit of me that feels sorry for them when clearly they are prone to getting hijacked by the bigot brigade. They can’t exactly police who also buys tickets in that section.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Totally agree. 

The songs they sing about Ann at away games are brutal. **** their tawdry group 

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I hear that, mate, and agree. I have a feeling, though, that even without the party songs, the club would frown on a toxic atmosphere. Maybe my definition of toxic is maybe different from others but mine would be down right intimidating to everyone in opposition. Fans, players, manager, shit....even the physio !

😡

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Bit odd that they'll have met with Hearts and they didn't tell them to **** off then, eh?

If the club has seen the stuff below then they will have. That’s if they even met with the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, neonjambo said:

De ja vu.

If what was posted about Levein and Ann above is correct then they have no grounds to complain when the club say no.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was one of this lot that defaced the crest and spray painted the slogan for Ann to be hanged.

All for an atmosphere at Tynecastle, just not a toxic one.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

True unfortunately 😕

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

FC44143F-79CF-497B-8609-62E9B7CAFAE6.jpeg

1FE411BF-FB97-467B-8BD2-701836E1696C.jpeg

58D57F9E-1D94-40E4-8773-674FBE9741F4.jpeg

8FFD3FF7-7181-4B25-A1AF-EDEB133AC28A.jpeg

9285FABC-AB36-43FF-865B-CAE43922C570.jpeg

DA370405-3E35-4361-9F51-98CA812DBB1E.jpeg

79784AB2-5A55-4621-8C17-A0F9B5470382.jpeg

Edited by To Be Frank

sick.of.romanov

Pictures of faces covered up and some of the songs you were singing yesterday give you no credibility whatsoever 

Hopefully they'll get the support they deserve this time. Their own permanent section and a light touch in terms of "rules". If the club can help them properly this time, we'll all reap the benefits. 

All the best to them. Personally think the should be put in the gorgie end. Look at all these other singing sections Celtic, rangers, hibs they are nowhere near away fans to cause bother. Motherwell on the other hand, its just what happens. Remove that possibility pretty simple.

All the best but think they’re going to be up against it with the fans. 

Getting rid of the twitter would be a good first step as people are just going to find things there to criticise the group for.  Tynie desperately needs some atmosphere injected back into it so would be good for these groups to succeed if possible. 

sick.of.romanov
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Totally agree. Away section and Wheatfield G both drumming yesterday. Just an annoying and distracting pain in the a**e that contributes nothing to ‘atmosphere’.

the drum does nothing it’s just a constant noise ban the drum! 

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Good luck to the lads. I can remember (just) when I was their age, and I hope it's a huge success.

I'm guessing it was them that were walking round the away end of the stadium as a group before the match at Livingston. If I'm honest watching them made me feel hellishly old (s'pose I am sort of, given I'm not far off 64 now) as I thought they all looked about 13/14/15 years old.

Rather than everyone on here telling them what to do and what not to do it would probably be more refreshing if someone from the group posted to say they know what will make their group successful and what will piss some people off.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Ricardo Shillyshally

Can't say im bothered about the drum and love the fact some young guys are trying to create atmosphere, but they'd do well to remember to be respectful to fellow fans who haven't taken cheap cocaine or got blootered before the game and simply want to sit down and watch the match.

In simple terms. Dont be a d!CK.

I fully support this. Next I want controlled pyrotechnics lots of swearing, a designated family section,  safe standing, alcohol and lots of venom and hatred.

• davemclaren locked this topic