Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I disagree.

There's no hypocrisy here.

In the main the 40 and 50 year olds criticising the 18 and 19 year olds were sad ***** when they were young too, and haven't considered doing anything slightly naughty in their shallow, humourless lives.

A level of moral consistency us regular scumbags could never have hoped to achieve.

:spoton:

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, KineticBeat said:

Good luck. Don't be sectarian arseholes. Good luck to them, If it's the same lot of kids hopefully they've learned from their mistakes/matured.

Interesting to note that Budge - who so obviously hates any kind of atmosphere - is giving a singing section a 3rd go of it. Especially with the past 2 iterations proving disastrous. 

except she doesn't hate atmosphere that's just mince peddled by some on here

she hates bigotry and racism and anything that will get the club into trouble

i'd like to think the vast majority of us agree with that

Just now, The White Cockade said:

Think it was sarcasm !!

The White Cockade
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Think it was sarcasm !!

cool

thought it was

in that case i'm just backing up his ironic post!

:robboyas:

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Then you’ll have nothing to worry about, will you?

Honestly, your behaviour on these threads is really rather concerning. 

Appreciate your concern 👍🏻

been here before

Lets be honest Frank after the last thread about it  I dont think anyones surprised you're all over this one again like a fly round shite.

Stephane Grappelli
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ah, okay. Isn’t really any need for all that old chap, but fair enough.

Just banter mate! 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Not really my cup of tea but will hum along if you get it going. Maybe easier to begin with 'Ten Men Went to Mow.....etc' due to being easier to remember the words.

Am considering issuing a 'statement' along those lines.

I’d support that statement tbf.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Footage of the Gorgie Boys Ultras' statement being read out:

Masked-armed-members-of-the-Loyalist-Vol

PHM.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is a bit weird having someone in a Hitler mask and the flags of two countries who fought against him in WWII tbf.

bit weird. 

Wired to the moon more like.

3 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

"Simpleton" You should look up the word "Irony"

A Brit in Australia with both countries flags on his post.

Yawn. 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Lets be honest Frank after the last thread about it  I dont think anyones surprised you're all over this one again like a fly round shite.

I’m not surprised I started this thread either 👍🏻

8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The fallacy of this argument is that I could set up a Twitter account, claim I’m part of this section and tweet whatever I wanted. 

That wouldn’t mean I represent the views of the group at large. 

But people are generally too short sighted to see that. 

Are you suggesting this isn’t their official Twitter page? 

:cornette:

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Footage of the Gorgie Boys Ultras' statement being read out:

Masked-armed-members-of-the-Loyalist-Vol

Looks like luckies on a Saturday night.

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Are you suggesting this isn’t their official Twitter page? 

:cornette:

I'm suggesting that the whole group didn't all get together in a function room somewhere to discuss what the content of a Twitter account should be.

Do you think all of them were involved in the running of the twitter account?

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm suggesting that the whole group didn't all get together in a function room somewhere to discuss what the content of a Twitter account should be.

The posts from twitter quoted on this thread were from folk who are probably a bit on the old side to be the likely organisers of this latest incarnation of the official singing section.

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So you’re suggesting whoever runs their official social media is just a rogue member of the group and doesn’t accurately reflect the views of the rest of the group? Strange that none of them have had a word in his ear over the past many months of horrendous posts and asked him to stop making them look like a bunch of absolute cretins. 🤔

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The posts from twitter quoted on this thread were from folk who are probably a bit on the old side to be the likely organisers of this latest incarnation of the official singing section.

Yet the official Gorgie Boys Ultras twitter account retweeted and liked them all.

4 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Think it was sarcasm !!

Correct!

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Two Twitter accounts on the go, it seems. One posting highly questionable shit and one calling out the owner of the other account. No doubt Frank knows which Twitter account is truly representative of the young lads who want to support the club in a way they find more engaging than those who condemn them for behaving in a similar fashion to themselves 20 years ago.

16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you’re suggesting whoever runs their official social media is just a rogue member of the group and doesn’t accurately reflect the views of the rest of the group? Strange that none of them have had a word in his ear over the past many months of horrendous posts and asked him to stop making them look like a bunch of absolute cretins. 🤔

A quick Twitter search shows two Twitter accounts under the 'Official Gorgie Boys' moniker. I trust you have conclusive evidence that the Twitter account is the official spokesperson of this group of lads? Because you should be absolutely certain you're on about the right lads before you condemn them all.

Not that small matters like that will stop you. Not when it comes to young lads having fun.

:) 

26 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Two Twitter accounts on the go, it seems. One posting highly questionable shit and one calling out the owner of the other account. No doubt Frank knows which Twitter account is truly representative of the young lads who want to support the club in a way they find more engaging than those who condemn them for behaving in a similar fashion to themselves 20 years ago.

A quick Twitter search shows two Twitter accounts under the 'Official Gorgie Boys' moniker. I trust you have conclusive evidence that the Twitter account is the official spokesperson of this group of lads? Because you should be absolutely certain you're on about the right lads before you condemn them all.

Not that small matters like that will stop you. Not when it comes to young lads having fun.

:) 

I’m going to guess the official one is the one that refers to itself as the official one for the Gorgie Boy Ultras, tweets daily, advertises all their marches and displays and links to the Facebook page which released the statement from the Gorgie Boys Ultras yesterday. 👍🏻

The other page hasn’t been active for four months. Nice try though 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Can we not just let them get on with it? If it goes tits up then that’ll be the end of it. Boys are just wanting a sing song and a carry on. There’s far more sinister characters in our support than a few wee bams who think they’re billy big baws on Twitter!

Perhaps a bit more communication between them and club would see a successful 3rd attempt. That said we get 7 goals every week and we’ll all be singing!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Can we not just let them get on with it? If it goes tits up then that’ll be the end of it. Boys are just wanting a sing song and a carry on. There’s far more sinister characters in our support than a few wee bams who think they’re billy big baws on Twitter!

Perhaps a bit more communication between them and club would see a successful 3rd attempt. That said we get 7 goals every week and we’ll all be singing!

The club will do what the club will do. That decision won’t be influenced by us discussing the pros and cons on here.

If they want to be taken seriously and by talking directly with the club it appears they are, perhaps a representative from the group could post on here to clarify a few of the points raised in here?

Absolute silence really does not help in getting people on side.

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’m going to guess

There we have it folks. 

Frank is on some kind of weird witch hunt on the back of a guess. 

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If they want to be taken seriously and by talking directly with the club it appears they are, perhaps a representative from the group could post on here to clarify a few of the points raised in here?

Why should they post on here? They don’t have to convince some anonymous old men that their intentions are pure. 

Especially when you have folk like Frank who wants to whip people into a frenzy over some lads who want to take a different approach to watching Hearts. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why should they post on here? They don’t have to convince some anonymous old men that their intentions are pure. 

Especially when you have folk like Frank who wants to whip people into a frenzy over some lads who want to take a different approach to watching Hearts. 

Past history suggests people need convincing.

We aren’t all old men 😝

Past history suggests people need convincing.

We aren’t all old men 😝

The last thread on this matter, they’d already been judged guilty before the first game of the season. They boy who came on here got absolutely ripped to shreds by the Kickback police. 

So I can completely understand why this place isn’t a priority for them. It’s not as if many of their group would even use Kickback. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The last thread on this matter, they’d already been judged guilty before the first game of the season. They boy who came on here got absolutely ripped to shreds by the Kickback police. 

So I can completely understand why this place isn’t a priority for them. It’s not as if many of their group would even use Kickback. 

Have you asked yourself why?

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Have you asked yourself why?

So what's the point in any of them coming forward now?

26 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There we have it folks. 

Frank is on some kind of weird witch hunt on the back of a guess. 

:laugh:

It’s a figure of speech. But then you already knew that. How butthurt are you Phil?!

:jjyay:

Edited by To Be Frank

Just now, To Be Frank said:

How butthurt are you Phil?!

:jjyay:

You must be raging that people haven't jumped on your bandwagon of outrage, huh? Must be very frustrating to be the only one with a pitchfork and torch :( 

25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Trying far too hard here Phil. I suspect family ties.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You must be raging that people haven't jumped on your bandwagon of outrage, huh? Must be very frustrating to be the only one with a pitchfork and torch :( 

Pure raging likesay. Best get some fresh air. Think I’ll slip on my Hitler mask, drape myself in my Tommy Robinson flag and head out for a walk.

👍🏻

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Trying far too hard here Phil. I suspect family ties.

Maybe you could do some more Twitter hunting and see how much interaction I've had with the group :)

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Yet the official Gorgie Boys Ultras twitter account retweeted and liked them all.

Sucking up to the bigger boys.

The subject matter is imaterial.

The behaviour is completely normal.

30 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

There is absolutely no requirement for them to justify themselves to a shower of stuffy nobodys on an internet forum.

Instead, they should set up an account on here and tell you all to GTF.

It's their club too.

9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Maybe you could do some more Twitter hunting and see how much interaction I've had with the group :)

This will be my last reply to you on this thread as you’re determined to take it off topic. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss the matter further. 👍🏻

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Think I’ll slip on my Hitler mask, drape myself in my Tommy Robinson flag and head out for a walk.

Glad you're coming around to the right way of thinking, Frank.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

This will be my last reply to you on this thread as you’re determined to take it off topic. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss the matter further. 👍🏻

I prefer keeping things in the public domain, Frank. I've nothing to hide :)

Perhaps if I'm taking the thread so far off topic, the Mods will do everyone a favour and shut it down.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Sucking up to the bigger boys.

The subject matter is imaterial.

The behaviour is completely normal.

Yeah agree with this to a certain extent. 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

There is absolutely no requirement for them to justify themselves to a shower of stuffy nobodys on an internet forum.

Instead, they should set up an account on here and tell you all to GTF.

It's their club too.

Doubt they really care about justifying themselves to anybody although part of their statement yesterday was an attempt to try and paint themselves as squeaky clean and self-policing so they must care at least a wee bit about how they look to the rest of us. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 10/11/2019 at 15:35, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm sure the lads would happily accept whatever input people would be willing to offer them.

Rather than the inevitable bitch fest this thread will turn into.

Back in for last post.

Reference your post above.

I think you need to rethink your strategy.

Goodnight. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah agree with this to a certain extent. 

Doubt they really care about justifying themselves to anybody although part of their statement yesterday was an attempt to try and paint themselves as squeaky clean and self-policing so they must care at least a wee bit about how they look to the rest of us. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I doubt they give a flying one how they look to you.

Back in for last post.

Reference your post above.

I think you need to rethink your strategy.

Goodnight. 

So offer them some support. Instead of demanding they come grovelling to Kickback for acceptance :laugh: 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Doubt they really care about justifying themselves to anybody although part of their statement yesterday was an attempt to try and paint themselves as squeaky clean and self-policing so they must care at least a wee bit about how they look to the rest of us. 

They're damned-if-they-do damned-if-they-don't, Frank.

We can't look at them as a homogeneous group. Every loosely knit organisation or bunch of pals has a couple of radges, and they're usually the ones that are the most fun to be around and the ones that make all the headlines.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They're damned-if-they-do damned-if-they-don't, Frank.

We can't look at them as a homogeneous group. Every loosely knit organisation or bunch of pals has a couple of radges, and they're usually the ones that are the most fun to be around and the ones that make all the headlines.

Yeah, without doubt they won’t all be arseholes. Unfortunately it looks like it’s more than a minority who are. 

• davemclaren locked this topic