Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

Big John Colquhoun

All for any initiative to get a better atmosphere to support the team on the pitch. Echo all those who want nothing to do with sectarian shite though - hate hearing it, it’s pathetic. Leave it to those mindless idiots through in the West.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

Hectormasson
25 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

All for any initiative to get a better atmosphere to support the team on the pitch. Echo all those who want nothing to do with sectarian shite though - hate hearing it, it’s pathetic. Leave it to those mindless idiots through in the West.

Correct hearts related songs,and whatever type tunes " as long as it keeps out the weegie bash shite !!!

Ainsley Harriott

The Ultras are always going to push the boundaries which is fine. We have a large number of snow flakes in our support many of which are found on here. There is always going to be problems.

23 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The Ultras are always going to push the boundaries which is fine. We have a large number of snow flakes in our support many of which are found on here. There is always going to be problems.

And the biggest Snowflake is currently presiding over our worst spell in years, Connected darn right it is.

Alex Kintner
53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Great, the trolls are up early this morning. 

Shortage of bridges to sleep under. Trump and Johnson keep burning them all.

Ainsley Harriott

If they say something naughty about the Pope or the IRA are people genuinely offended or to they just like to act it as it makes them feel morally superior?

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If they say something naughty about the Pope or the IRA are people genuinely offended or to they just like to act it as it makes them feel morally superior?

What do either have to do with Hearts or football???

If you cant see the issue you are part of the problem I'm afraid.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

What do either have to do with Hearts or football???

If you cant see the issue you are part of the problem I'm afraid.

I'm just wondering if people genuinely go home upset with their weekend ruined because some said f the Pope.

indianajones
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not offended just tars the club in the same shite light as the two uglies in the west. We're better than that. 

It also makes no sense to sing at a football match. 

Stephane Grappelli
15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Not offended just tars the club in the same shite light as the two uglies in the west. We're better than that. 

It also makes no sense to sing at a football match. 

Spot on.

Anyone who genuinely doesn't see that is either a bigot or just a bit thick.

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Spot on.

Probably both. 

BerraBelieveit

They were walking through the streets of Kilmarnock singing "we hate Catholics". A car stopped at the traffic lights and the passenger had a Celtic top on. This prompted them to sing louder and extend the song book to Jay Beattie won't see ten in a row and more absolutely woeful content. They egg the guy to come out the car for a fight which of course he does. Now they are standing face to face with a random guy in a Celtic top pavement dancing, literally as there was no punches. I never made the story up as I was in the car behind and found it incredibly cringe and embarrassing. 

Fed up of people constantly saying folk are snowflakes for being offended and fed up with folk saying fair play to them.

Go follow Hearts home and away every week with your mates, get merry and sing Hearts songs only. Why is that so difficult for anyone to understand? Hardly anyone is offended at all, we'd just rather you sung Hearts songs so that every single person can join in & the support becomes one. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

They were walking through the streets of Kilmarnock singing "we hate Catholics". A car stopped at the traffic lights and the passenger had a Celtic top on. This prompted them to sing louder and extend the song book to Jay Beattie won't see ten in a row and more absolutely woeful content. They egg the guy to come out the car for a fight which of course he does. Now they are standing face to face with a random guy in a Celtic top pavement dancing, literally as there was no punches. I never made the story up as I was in the car behind and found it incredibly cringe and embarrassing. 

:pleasing:

Young men in 'acting like arseholes' shocker. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Grown men using the word snowflake 🤣

And they seem to think it’s derogatory 😂😂

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What's moral superiority got to do with not wanting any bigotry linked to our club? You ok with sectarian and racist abuse at our games?  

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There isn't always goi g to be problems if we all try and eradicate bigotry etc from our club.  Snowflakes! Ffs   it's fine to push the boundaries even if its racism and bigotry?   ****ing snowflakes  aye right!

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

As someone who was born in Northern Ireland during the Troubles, I can honestly say singing songs about the Pope or the IRA at a football match in Scotland is absolutely tragic.

I ca say I'm morally superior to any ****wit who behaves like the Troubles were some sort of glorious struggle.

John Findlay

Ffs I grew up following Hearts in the late 60s and all the 70s. I knew all the words to the sash, Derry's walls and other shall we say loyalist songs. I also knew the words to shall we say Rebel songs. Off to Dublin in the Green, Boys of the old brigade. Me a Roman Catholic who joined the Royal Navy and went to war.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now. The last thing I am is a snowflake. I have seen and done things that these Gorgie Ultras would run a mile from and the old farts that try to encourage them. The world has moved on from the 60s/70s. Ireland both North and South has moved on too. Leave the sectarian pish to the two ugly sisters through west. We will live in the 21st century. Let the remain in the 17th.

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Snowflake - ffs.

Not offended or morally superior - just means the papers can lump the rest of our non ****ing idiot support in with that shower of ****ing idiots and pretend we're Edinburgh's 'Proddie Club'.

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ffs I grew up following Hearts in the late 60s and all the 70s. I knew all the words to the sash, Derry's walls and other shall we say loyalist songs. I also knew the words to shall we say Rebel songs. Off to Dublin in the Green, Boys of the old brigade. Me a Roman Catholic who joined the Royal Navy and went to war.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now. The last thing I am is a snowflake. I have seen and done things that these Gorgie Ultras would run a mile from and the old farts that try to encourage them. The world has moved on from the 60s/70s. Ireland both North and South has moved on too. Leave the sectarian pish to the two ugly sisters through west. We will live in the 21st century. Let the remain in the 17th.

Great post.

AlphonseCapone

Intellectually superior 👍

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

As someone who was born in Northern Ireland during the Troubles, I can honestly say singing songs about the Pope or the IRA at a football match in Scotland is absolutely tragic.

I ca say I'm morally superior to any ****wit who behaves like the Troubles were some sort of glorious struggle.

:greatpost:

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Not offended or morally superior - just means the papers can lump the rest of our non ****ing idiot support in with that shower of ****ing idiots and pretend we're Edinburgh's 'Proddie Club'.

Who gives a shit what the 'papers' do?

Seriously?

29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Intellectually superior 👍

Bingo. Daft laddies are gonna behave like daft laddies. The moral bit is neither here nor there. It's just naughty for the sake of being naughty, most of them haven't a scooby what they're singing about, which is hardly very clever.

All behind this and if it’s going to help with the atmosphere. Hopefully the young team can make it happen 

Keep the politics out of it though. I have feck all time for the Pope/Ira or the Royal Family, personally, but just keep anything like this away from the club. This should also apply to the away support however. 

I don’t personally get offended by hearing this type of stuff as I don’t buy into it in the first place but all the same ....

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Spot on.

Some definitely outing themselves as either or both on this thread!

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Seriously?

Going by how raging it gets on here when the papers do shaft Hearts unfairly, quite a few people. But if you're happy to be lumped by anyone in with the Hun, then fair dos. I'm happy for you.

Seriously.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Seriously?

No idea why 'papers' is in quotes mind.  'Odd' behaviour.

Not offended. It's just thick.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Going by how raging it gets on here when the papers do shaft Hearts unfairly, quite a few people. But if you're happy to be lumped by anyone in with the Hun, then fair dos. I'm happy for you.

Seriously.

:lol:

I'm not being lumped in with the hun, and neither is anybody else who isn't involved in the bigotry.

If you're so sensitive that guilty by spurious association rustles your jimmies then you could probably do broadening your outlook and getting a with a wee boost to your self esteem.

9 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

No idea why 'papers' is in quotes mind.  'Odd' behaviour.

:D

I don't suppose you do.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Big John Colquhoun
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Top post 👏🏻

Perth to Paisley
4 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Snowflake - ffs.

Almost as funny as them calling themselves Ultras!

Team plays well = increased atmosphere. 

Big John Colquhoun
6 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm just wondering if people genuinely go home upset with their weekend ruined because some said f the Pope.

We’re adults, I doubt many of us are going home weekend ruined. Wee kiddies go to the games and they just copy what they see and hear from adults.

Was on a bus back from cup final and a group of guys up the back of the bus were singing the sash constantly, feenian this and that, **** the pope etc... There was a wee kid, like 8-9 years old, sat there eyes glued to them taking it all in - they were oblivious to him. That’s not okay, i’m sorry and we shouldn’t be making excuses for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone send in their CV for assessment by the SSO to become their new lead drummer?

34 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Anyone send in their CV for assessment by the SSO to become their new lead drummer?

Position has been filled by Rick Allen from Def Leppard I believe. Turned up for the interview wearing a red glove and the job was his before he even spoke.

39 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Position has been filled by Rick Allen from Def Leppard I believe. Turned up for the interview wearing a red glove and the job was his before he even spoke.

He single handedly won them over 👍

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

😂

IMG_20200118_111444.jpg

Good grief :facepalm: ‘we’ll ma  Da’ s in thu ludge liksey, dus that coont?’

Edited by jamboozy

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Don't forget 'mega phone' operator! :lol:

20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Don't forget 'mega phone' operator! :lol:

This guy will be out of a job very soon. Reckon he’d be ideal. Already has his own union jack 👍🏻

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS08SMlzvTXwDXC1nw8BPV

• davemclaren locked this topic