Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. I don’t doubt the first paragraph one bit. I do have doubts about the first sentence of the second paragraph. I just get the impression you’d welcome the singing section’s failure with absolute glee but I’ve no doubt you are totally sincere in not wanting the reputation of the club tarnished.

I think Frank is playing a very dangerous game here, a very dangerous game.  Clearly some Kim Philby, double agent mother****ing bullshit going down here.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I think Frank is playing a very dangerous game here, a very dangerous game.  Clearly some Kim Philby, double agent mother****ing bullshit going down here.

😂

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. I don’t doubt the first paragraph one bit. I do have doubts about the first sentence of the second paragraph. I just get the impression you’d welcome the singing section’s failure with absolute glee but I’ve no doubt you are totally sincere in not wanting the reputation of the club tarnished.

Can’t be arsed going to find the posts but have definitely posted in the past to praise the singing section where they have done well.

Not sure why you’d doubt any Hearts fan would want better atmosphere in the stadium. For me, if that also means bigotry, flares and offensive flags then it’s not worth it in my opinion. I accept others might disagree and it’s their club as much as it is mine.👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I reckon he got left out the nativity play at primary, any gathering of youngsters singing songs triggers those memories.... I just hope they don’t sing white Christmas Frank will lose his shit!!

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Can’t be arsed going to find the posts but have definitely posted in the past to praise the singing section where they have done well.

Not sure why you’d doubt any Hearts fan would want better atmosphere in the stadium. For me, if that also means bigotry, flares and offensive flags then it’s not worth it in my opinion. I accept others might disagree and it’s their club as much as it is mine.👍🏻

Aye I wouldn’t ask you to find the posts, I trust you made them 

Cheers for the chat.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye I wouldn’t ask you to find the posts, I trust you made them 

Cheers for the chat.

👍🏻

Just now, Rudy T said:

I reckon he got left out the nativity play at primary, any gathering of youngsters singing songs triggers those memories.... I just hope they don’t sing white Christmas Frank will lose his shit!!

We did sing that many moons ago.

Granted, it was a musical oasis among the other ditties that were being belted out.

The club survived !

:greggy:

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Granted, it was a musical oasis among the other ditties that were being belted out.

The club survived !

IN THE SNOW!!!

I’d love to know how that started... was random but belted out with great feeling😀

This thread topic never fails to disappoint, always brings the agendas out in force :rofl::rofl::rofl:

End of the day I’d wager that a pretty sizeable percentage/the majority of young guys who go to the football want to be a bit rowdy and jump about singing daft repetitive songs, if the club can designate a section of the ground to this and work together with them, maybe police them a bit differently and allow them some leeway till they get it going (obviously within reason, I’m not advocating them allowing blatant sectarian chanting etc to go unchecked) then more power to them. Plenty of other areas of the ground to sit if you don’t want to be part of it.

Edited by boag1874

Just now, Rudy T said:

IN THE SNOW!!!

I’d love to know how that started... was random but belted out with great feeling😀

Unsure, mate. Just remember it being sang and it took off. Kudos to the guy who started it though !

Just now, Boab said:

Unsure, mate. Just remember it being sang and it took off. Kudos to the guy who started it though !

By the light of a silvery moon needs a come back. Maybe the old boys should go for a retro singing section!? The Gorgie Grandads!

been here before
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

The club survived !

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

IN THE SNOW!!!

1 minute ago, Boab said:

I used to love belting that out. Funnily enough I was telling my Mrs just a couple of weeks ago that we used to sing it.

Would be great to hear it done again. Boxing day at Tynecastle could be magic. A wee early chance for the singing section to get a bit of kudos on the go perhaps.

Just now, Rudy T said:

By the light of a silvery moon needs a come back. Maybe the old boys should go for a retro singing section!? The Gorgie Grandads!

Yip. When you think about it, the old songbook was relatively ok....apart from threatening to kick folks heads in etc but you get my thinking !

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm a Gorgie Granddad. If we sang our songs from back in the day AB would have our season tickets taken back haha

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Yip. When you think about it, the old songbook was relatively ok....apart from threatening to kick folks heads in etc but you get my thinking !

When you think back no matter how good or shite our players were they all got the honour of a song! And none of this social media stuff couple of bams in the boozer came up with it and away we went! 

I’ll admit to liking a bit of your going home in fxckin ambulance 🤣

1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

I'm a Gorgie Granddad. If we sang our songs from back in the day AB would have our season tickets taken back haha

Haha banned before the ‘Ultras’ 😀

Just now, Rudy T said:

When you think back no matter how good or shite our players were they all got the honour of a song! And none of this social media stuff couple of bams in the boozer came up with it and away we went! 

ambulance, Gorgie aggro, head kicked in, hit him on the head, penis, f’n hate Hibees, silvery moon, support you evermore, a song for any ugly opposition player/ manager.......the list is endless. 
Not exactly PC and Ann’s toes would probably curl up but good days and terrific support.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

ambulance, Gorgie aggro, head kicked in, hit him on the head, penis, f’n hate Hibees, silvery moon, support you evermore, a song for any ugly opposition player/ manager.......the list is endless. 
Not exactly PC and Ann’s toes would probably curl up but good days and terrific support.

Z cars theme. Dooby dooby dum, dum dooby dooby, dooby dooby dum. Who’s the b in the black. Zico, zico. Davie dodds the elephant man. Send yer casuals over here.

Edited by GinRummy

20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

IN THE SNOW!!!

As an (almost) 63 year old with poor memory of more recent times I'm sure it was first sung at east fife away in 78. It was our new year fixture as stuck in div 1. 2nd Jan according to london hearts. Heavy snow during game so we all started singing white xmas. Not a great time watching hearts back then. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I actually feel sorry for those who never witness the shed in full flow, or away trips to some god awful places. 1000s of Hearts fans taking over towns. Going every where by bus and that’s everywhere not just the UK. The European nights under the floodlights at Tynie. Great days. Not to mention players like Robbo Clarke JC Mackay etc boys who would give their right bollock to play for the club. 

Just now, larbertjambo said:

As an (almost) 63 year old with poor memory of more recent times I'm sure it was first sung at east fife away in 78. It was our new year fixture as stuck in div 1. 2nd Jan according to london hearts. Heavy snow during game so we all started singing white xmas. Not a great time watching hearts back then. 

Brilliant. Thanks for that mate, always wondered about where such a random song would start.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Z cars theme. Dooby dooby dum, dum dooby dooby, dooby dooby dum. Who’s the b in the black. Zico, zico. Davie dodds the elephant man. Send yer casuals over here.

Aw man, Z cars ! Brilliant stuff. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

I actually feel sorry for those who never witness the shed in full flow, or away trips to some god awful places. 1000s of Hearts fans taking over towns. Going every where by bus and that’s everywhere not just the UK. The European nights under the floodlights at Tynie. Great days. Not to mention players like Robbo Clarke JC Mackay etc boys who would give their right bollock to play for the club. 

We might be onto something here, guys.

Young team...here’s a songbook for you !

Commission is a pie and a pint each !

Just now, larbertjambo said:

👍

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We all agree Valentine shags....🤣

Another festive favourite was...can you hear....!

Alex Miller and his muppet men.

They, more times than not, got ****ed on new year’s day !

willie wallace

Dixon of Dock Green was one of my favourites

Imagine singing that today although it did spring to mind waiting in that stupid queueing system at the last Easter Rd.game.😁

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We all agree Valentine shags....🤣

:lol: 

Was that Willie Millers cheating dons at Tynie? 

41 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Sometimes it was ‘going home in a Gorgie ambulance’.  :lol: 

17 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Dixon of Dock Green was one of my favourites

Imagine singing that today although it did spring to mind waiting in that stupid queueing system at the last Easter Rd.game.😁

The policemen’s hats getting thrown into the air in the Shed?  😍

The female police officers on duty getting told to ‘get it up you while you’re young’.  :lol: 

The wee girls selling the raffle tickets, or the half-time scores girls being sung to, and being told to - ‘get yer **** out for the lads’. 

Edited by Morgan

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sometimes it was ‘going home in a Gorgie ambulance’.  :lol: 

😀 to the tune of you’re so shite it’s unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The policemen’s hats getting thrown into the air in the Shed?  😍

The female police officers on duty getting told to ‘get it up you while you’re young’.  :lol: 

The wee girls selling the raffle tickets being sung to, and being told to - ‘get yer **** out for the lads’. 

We’re definitely getting banned before the Young team 🤣 

Anyone up for sending the Hibees to Vietnam!? 

Just now, Rudy T said:

:vrwow:

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Hallelujah 

Going by how the threads going forget about ultras.Starting to sound like a few 60s and 70s Gorgie Boys 'are back in town' 

Just now, norrie1952 said:

Going by how the threads going forget about ultras.Starting to sound like a few 60s and 70s Gorgie Boys 'are back in town' 

Na na na...

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

I’m not advocating them allowing blatant sectarian chanting etc to go unchecked

This is the only 'agenda' anyone on here has. 

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

And we’ll drink all your whiskey and Newcastle brown!!

Just now, Rudy T said:

And we’ll drink all your whiskey and Newcastle brown!!

Billy boys is looking positively tame now !

😂

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Quite possibly!

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This is the only 'agenda' anyone on here has. 

Exactly 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Your gonna get yer fecking  heads kicked in, sung many a  time against the vermin..

The Gorgie Fist.

FTH.

74892356_2782390895139573_8397318936705630208_o.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

willie wallace
19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Classic.Was singing it at work recently.Hibbies asking what Peter Cormack had to do with Vietnam.

Told them he just happened to be around at the time.😎

Whoever came up with those lyrics😄should have be awarded a grammy

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Classic.Was singing it at work recently.Hibbies asking what Peter Cormack had to do with Vietnam.

Told them he just happened to be around at the time.😎

Whoever came up with those lyrics😄should have be awarded a grammy

:flag1::shotgun:

• davemclaren locked this topic