Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

They sit in section G why would they be round by McLeod street?

Well according to folk on here they walked all the way from Slateford, down past Luckies and along Gorgie Road.  Plenty time for them to rally the troops.  Did they not get the text?  

I've always backed the young team, people who want to create an atmosphere and in all honesty I couldn't really care what they sing as it doesn't bother me. But if it's true they sang about the manager being a nazi then it's undefendable. Arses need kicked, they need to know that they will isolate themselves massively but more important imo, what if stendel himself hears it or gets wind of it. Nah, line crossed lads, wind your necks in and start boxing clever. 

The club will know who a lot of the young team are I reckon. 

If they do get it sorted. 

They are an embarrassment to our club. 

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Ross County were selling tickets before the game. Anyone who decides on going to the game on the day can purchase tickets from one of these wee kiosks but has to supply them with details for the club to have passed onto them.

Problem solved.

No chance, mate.

Some wee guy in a kiosk taking names and addresses, which will be false anyway ?

Nah. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, williamgerrard said:

If i am scum cause i defend my team from idiots who know nothing about there history or geography so be it .When was ok to start calling our players/managers nazis then tell other fans there scum cause they wont join in there vile songs i aint hiding from no one i havent broke the law even the police last night were disgusted with the songs being song .

We as a club are in a dark place right now we should all be pulling together singing racist songs n etc will only give the west papers ammunition to damage our club call me all the names what u want i can handle it no probs  

Well said.

If i am scum cause i defend my team from idiots who know nothing about there history or geography so be it .When was ok to start calling our players/managers nazis then tell other fans there scum cause they wont join in there vile songs i aint hiding from no one i havent broke the law even the police last night were disgusted with the songs being song .

We as a club are in a dark place right now we should all be pulling together singing racist songs n etc will only give the west papers ammunition to damage our club call me all the names what u want i can handle it no probs  

William Gerrard I was asking RealMaroon. Who quoted your original post with a one word answer Scum. I was asking did he mean you for grasping them or them for being what they are.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Thatcher had the right idea with ID cards. Nah, she didn’t. 

Their twitter accounts are easy enough to find. Say anything critical of them and they pile on within minutes. 

I was sitting behind the corner flag away to your right last night. You were and still are absolutely spot on.

The behaviour of these wee neandrathals was indefensible last night, and it's pleasing to see this thread reflects that. 

Edited by blairdin

Singing about Nazis at a game of Football between Ross County and Heart's. . . . . :rofl:

Crazy wee scamps. 

The argument that ticket only sales would stop the troublemakers getting in doesn't work for away Derby matches. 

These people clearly have loyalty points so the club should know who they are. 

I believe they have been getting the benefit of the doubt from the club. 

I would expect there will be a purge after last night's events

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

They have distanced themselves from the song. Anyone buying it?

Screenshot_20200123-145251.jpg

I was at the game last night and the impression I got from a lot that was being sung was to get a reaction, it was as if they were trying to provoke people to start trouble with them. Difficult to understand why they would adopt such an attitude, not even certain if my thoughts accurately reflect why they were singing what they were, but in general it was songs that didn't provide any sort of vocal support to the team. In saying that I have no problems with people having a particular political outlook, religious upbringing, have their own feelings on the club owner, the club management, Jambos Kickback etc. etc. My thoughts on such things have never changed, i.e. political/religious beliefs, my own feelings on how the club is/has been run, but there is a time and a place for everything. For example, I don't see how singing something such as The Sash My Father Wore offers anything to HMFC, I know all the words to the song but my own way of converting those words into actions was to borrow my old man's collarette (sash) and wear it in Belfast while parading on 12 July. There was a lot sung last night which I think was unnecessary, the problem I really have is I don't know if it is guys who are solely affiliated to the singing section group or a separate group (or if there is some sort of mix of both). The one song that got me last night, and which prompted my thoughts that they seemed to be looking to provoke a reaction rather than support the club included the words "We hate Hearts fans".  I just found it so strange to hear such wording being produced, I know I'm coming up for 64 years old now and the World is changing but I didn't think it was changing to such a degree as Hearts fans hating Hearts fans.

Edited by portobellojambo1

These ultra young double teamed Gorgie boys will comply to decency or continue digging their own graves, win-win naw?

On 10/11/2019 at 14:57, Alex Kintner said:

Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras (Singing Section) :-

We had a meeting with hearts this week about the best way to put a plan in place for the section and have came up with a few ideas the main plan is moving the section into section G lower on a permanent basis

I want to make clear for all hearts supporters, the section is NOT there to cause trouble, or get into fights with opposition fans, I see a lot of negative comments from hearts supporters towards our section, we want the same as every hearts supporter, to go and cheer on our beloved hearts week in week out but we want to create that atmosphere at Tynecastle, we want to help motivate the players on the park, motivate as many hearts supporters as we can to cheer and sing as much as they can

We understand some supporters just want to go watch the game and leave and we respect this, We have had a lot of interest from a lot of hearts supporters recently especially in the past week about coming and sitting in with the section to cheer on our beloved jambos and we really appreciate this, we are glad supporters are recognising us and want to be a part of creating the atmosphere we have been missing at home and away matches 

What we are looking for is for as many supporters to get on board as possible, Tynecastle is a big stadium holding over 20,000 supporters, The players, hearts staff aswell as the hearts board are really keen on making The Gorgie Boys singing section as big and loud as we can, just because we are in section Lower G there’s 3 stands in the stadium hearts supporters are in, standing up and joining in with our chants may also motivate other people to do the same and really get behind the players on the park 

We are a self funded section who are putting everything we can into this and would really appreciate the backing of as many jambos as we can

Any questions, if you’d like to know more about our section or if you’d like to get involved with the gorgie boys please contact us on:

[email protected] 

If you’d like any videos or lyrics of chants we have recorded so far we can send these via social media or email 

Thanks for reading and please share

Thanks

🇱🇻Gorgie Boys🇱🇻

Do you have a Facebook page you could upload the recordings to?

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was at the game last night and the impression I got from a lot that was being sung was to get a reaction, it was as if they were trying to provoke people to start trouble with them. Difficult to understand why they would adopt such an attitude, not even certain if my thoughts accurately reflect why they were singing what they were, but in general it was songs that didn't provide any sort of vocal support to the team. In saying that I have no problems with people having a particular political outlook, religious upbringing, have their own feelings on the club owner, the club management, Jambos Kickback etc. etc. My thoughts on such things have never changed, i.e. political/religious beliefs, my own feelings on how the club is/has been run, but there is a time and a place for everything. For example, I don't see how singing something such as The Sash My Father Wore offers anything to HMFC, I know all the words to the song but my own way of converting those words into actions was to borrow my old man's collarette (sash) and wear it in Belfast while parading on 12 July. There was a lot sung last night which I think was unnecessary, the problem I really have is I don't know if it is guys who are solely affiliated to the singing section group or a separate group (or if there is some sort of mix of both). The one song that got me last night, and which prompted my thoughts that they seemed to be looking to provoke a reaction rather than support the club included the words "We hate Hearts fans".  I just found it so strange to hear such wording being produced, I know I'm coming up for 64 years old now and the World is changing but I didn't think it was changing to such a degree as Hearts fans hating Hearts fans.

I totally get what you are saying, i am my self in the Lodge, however like yourself I can separate the two. It has nothing to do with football and offers absolutely no support to our players. 

A few of them were on the bus I got up (never again). Singing about Tommy Burns, Scott Browns sister and the full Rangers songbook on the way up but the Nazi song was the new favourite and they sung it repeatedly on bus. The impression I got is they are mostly Rangers fans on a day out wi some Hearts mates. 

Doctor FinnBarr

I was in the Mallard with the Mrs when what I assume was the young team/ultras turned up. No idea or not if it was them as I don't know any of them.

We finished our meals then decided to take our drinks outside for a smoke just as the full bhoona sectarian songbook was kicking off. I got talking to another poster outside (from Ullapool) and as we blethered we watched a few guys with a Dublin Hearts banner doing a photo sesh for plenty people whilst the "old Orange Flute" blasted out from the pub! Pretty surreal TBH and what the guys with the banner thought about it I've no idea. Police were present outside but as one appeared to be in his 50s and the other looked about 16 they just decided to look and listen.

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was at the game last night and the impression I got from a lot that was being sung was to get a reaction, it was as if they were trying to provoke people to start trouble with them. Difficult to understand why they would adopt such an attitude, not even certain if my thoughts accurately reflect why they were singing what they were, but in general it was songs that didn't provide any sort of vocal support to the team. In saying that I have no problems with people having a particular political outlook, religous upbringing, have their own feelings on the club owner, the club management, Jambos Kickback etc. etc. My thoughts on such things have never changed, religious beliefs, my own feelings on how the club is/has been run, but there is a time and a place for everything. For example, I don't see how singing something such as The Sash My Father Wore offers anything to HMFC, I know all the words to the song but my own way of converting those words into actions was to borrow my old man's collarette (sash) and wear it in Belfast while parading on 12 July. There was a lot sung last night which I think was unnecessary, the problem I really have is I don't know if it is guys who are solely affiliated to the singing section group or a separate group (or if there is some sort of mix of both). The one song that got me last night, and which prompted my thoughts that they seemed to be looking to provoke a reaction rather than support the club included the words "We hate Hearts fans".  I just found it so strange to hear such wording being produced, I know I'm coming up for 64 years old now and the World is changing but I didn't think it was changing to such a degree as Hearts fans hating Hearts fans.

I'm full of admiration for you and many others making that trip, 3 points would've been fitting reward. We have an enemy within hating Hearts fans, this needs addressed immediately.

3 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

A few of them were on the bus I got up (never again). Singing about Tommy Burns, Scott Browns sister and the full Rangers songbook on the way up but the Nazi song was the new favourite and they sung it repeatedly on bus. The impression I got is they are mostly Rangers fans on a day out wi some Hearts mates. 

Which bus was this, if you don't mind me asking?

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Well enlighten us with your suggestions on how to stop this then? I assume the majority of the hearts fans! not punters would agree.

Id rather scrap the cash gate and actually sell out our allocation we are giving or ask for more tickets so we then don't need to have a cash gate so 'punters' can still attend the match without loosing out on LPS and buying direct from the club.

Us us us ,,,,what about all the fans who cant they lps or not enough of them ? And can maybe only can get to certain games ?        Do they not count,,?  Half the stands are f....g empty at most of the grounds ,,whether there are loyalty points fans there  or not,,,,

11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Us us us ,,,,what about all the fans who cant they lps or not enough of them ? And can maybe only can get to certain games ?        Do they not count,,?  Half the stands are f....g empty at most of the grounds ,,whether there are loyalty points fans there  or not,,,,

All about me me me me me. 

Doctor FinnBarr
22 minutes ago, the general said:

So are the Gorgie Boys singing section the same guys as folk are decrying for last night?

Like I mentioned on another thread, they were young, they did do the full sectarian songbook but I've got no real idea if its our Ultras or what. I'm thinking yes though

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I was in the Mallard with the Mrs when what I assume was the young team/ultras turned up. No idea or not if it was them as I don't know any of them.

We finished our meals then decided to take our drinks outside for a smoke just as the full bhoona sectarian songbook was kicking off. I got talking to another poster outside (from Ullapool) and as we blethered we watched a few guys with a Dublin Hearts banner doing a photo sesh for plenty people whilst the "old Orange Flute" blasted out from the pub! Pretty surreal TBH and what the guys with the banner thought about it I've no idea. Police were present outside but as one appeared to be in his 50s and the other looked about 16 they just decided to look and listen.

Ultras 😂😂😂 

Not slagging you mate just the mere idea these people are “ultras” is hilarious , prob shit themselves in a real situation. 

Anyway convo for another day. Whoever sang this pish is harming the team. Plenty folk defend them and unfortunately thats where it leads. It cant be aye thats ok or whataboutery. It needs to be thats unacceptable end of.

As i said earlier if theres a group within a group hopefully they weed them out and get themselves sorted. All the banter etccof killie away and stand up if you hate kickback and banter has become vile shite and it does nothing for Hearts. 

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Eh I think not ,,,, just a point of view ,,,,

As are others including the so called us us us us us.

Were all hearts fans ,,,and I'd like to think  in it together ?  But there are a few on here think they are more imporant, than all the others,,, because they get to more games or whatever other aspect,,   wish that wasnt the case ,,,,,,,

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Were all hearts fans ,,,and I'd like to think  in it together ?  But there are a few on here think they are more imporant, than all the others,,, because they get to more games or whatever other aspect,,   wish that wasnt the case ,,,,,,,

Anyone who sings songs about our manager being a Nazi is absolutely less important than anyone who thinks that's shan chat. Anyone who does that can get themselves to **** :) 

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Think one of the buttons on your keyboard is knackered mate

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ultras 😂😂😂 

Not slagging you mate just the mere idea these people are “ultras” is hilarious , prob shit themselves in a real situation. 

Anyway convo for another day. Whoever sang this pish is harming the team. Plenty folk defend them and unfortunately thats where it leads. It cant be aye thats ok or whataboutery. It needs to be thats unacceptable end of.

As i said earlier if theres a group within a group hopefully they weed them out and get themselves sorted. All the banter etccof killie away and stand up if you hate kickback and banter has become vile shite and it does nothing for Hearts. 

I realise that mate, its like 20/25 years ago when every town/village had chip shop casuals picking on passing drunks

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who sings songs about our manager being a Nazi is absolutely less important than anyone who thinks that's shan chat. Anyone who does that can get themselves to **** :) 

I agree ,,I'm of the older hearts fans and songs ,,,I loved the older tunes,, and ways ,,,but never racist or the type ,, no for me ,,,,,

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Think one of the buttons on your keyboard is knackered mate

What button may i   ask,,,

Ricardo Shillyshally

Felt like impudent school children willfully misbehaving last night.

I wonder how long it will take before the nazi song makes the tabloids. My money is on the sun.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Felt like impudent school children willfully misbehaving last night.

I wonder how long it will take before the nazi song makes the tabloids. My money is on the sun.

Much did ya get for the story 😜

I was sitting to the right side looking onto the pitch.There was an issue here with lots of fans standing. To be fair most sat down as the game got underway but two or three young laddies defiantly continued to stand. A middle aged guy, quite rightly, asked them to sit down but one of the laddies got bold and started to get aggressive. I was about to intervene on behalf of the older guy but he looked capable of handling himself and the cops came over so left it there. The bit for me was that the young laddie was so self centred and completely oblivious to the fact that there were elderly fans who need to sit and guys like me who have a back injury and can’t stand for long periods.

The main source of sectarian chanting came from directly behind the goal. More loyalist than usual I would say. I can’t quite get my head round this as having lived in Glasgow I can only say that by comparison, I’ve never noticed an Orange culture in Edinburgh. I wouldn’t ban them but instead bring them in and educate them that HMFC is non political and non sectarian. I’d also encourage them to get a new musical director as their songs are rank and infantile and amongst the poorest in the SPFL easily out sung with more wit and style by Motherwell / Aberdeen and Hibs. In fact if I’d give them free banners and links to other fans groups on how to improve their performance because if done right it would improve the match day experience. I’d state in no uncertain terms that any sectarian shite and your out and employ someone with a military/ police background to do some covert work at away games , identify the tiny minority who chose to ignore this , then ban them. 

So to recap. Let us sit at away matches and you improve the song book and we’ll all sing along with you. Carry on regardless then the club and fans go after you.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

I was sitting to the right side looking onto the pitch.There was an issue here with lots of fans standing. To be fair most sat down as the game got underway but two or three young laddies defiantly continued to stand. A middle aged guy, quite rightly, asked them to sit down but one of the laddies got bold and started to get aggressive. I was about to intervene on behalf of the older guy but he looked capable of handling himself and the cops came over so left it there. The bit for me was that the young laddie was so self centred and completely oblivious to the fact that there were elderly fans who need to sit and guys like me who have a back injury and can’t stand for long periods.

The main source of sectarian chanting came from directly behind the goal. More loyalist than usual I would say. I can’t quite get my head round this as having lived in Glasgow I can only say that by comparison, I’ve never noticed an Orange culture in Edinburgh. I wouldn’t ban them but instead bring them in and educate them that HMFC is non political and non sectarian. I’d also encourage them to get a new musical director as their songs are rank and infantile and amongst the poorest in the SPFL easily out sung with more wit and style by Motherwell / Aberdeen and Hibs. In fact if I’d give them free banners and links to other fans groups on how to improve their performance because if done right it would improve the match day experience. I’d state in no uncertain terms that any sectarian shite and your out and employ someone with a military/ police background to do some covert work at away games , identify the tiny minority who chose to ignore this , then ban them. 

So to recap. Let us sit at away matches and you improve the song book and we’ll all sing along with you. Carry on regardless then the club and fans go after you.

•  

No danger, I was directly behind the goal E85 and it was coming from our right

57 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I meant hearts get a batch of tickets from the home club weeks before the game is played and they offer LPs to fans who buy tickets we got 600 tickets for last night . If the stand holds 800 why don’t they print off 800 tickets for the full away allocation and we sell them so the people who buy them are registered with the club and they know who there selling too ? And if we sell 600 tickets what’s the big deal of another 200 being printed and not used ?. 

I do understand you that fans may not have the funds to buy tickets until maybe the day of the match but what is your suggestion the club does to weed these Diet Rangers fans out our club and embarrassing us as a club and ruining hearts fans experience of attending matches with there crap ?

or do you just sit waiting for comments and suggestions of fans with ideas how to end this rubbish and slate it or come up with pathetic responses ? Talking about half a Stand and weather they have LPS or not ? . 

I don’t see any issue with Home clubs printing and sending us more tickets apart from Celtic Rangers and Aberdeen Away allocations are not segregated ( a split stand ) 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Ok I didn’t have binoculars but it was near the middle. The direct location is irrelevant anyway

The direct location is irrelevant as you say but going by other posts (on different threads) it was coming from nearer the corner flag

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Coked up wee ******s, posted missing when section b rolled into town... says it all really.

Not really with you. What do you mean?

The White Cockade

If something isn't done about these morons then some of our real supporters will get scunnered and give up the ghost

I don't care what anyone says but there cretins are not Hearts supporters 

They don't care about the game at all just seem to be there to have a go at everybody else especially the real Hearts fans and seem keen to destroy the club's good name

Sad times 

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He means when Airdrie section B turned up at Tynie our wee hardmen were posted missing

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Decked out in their hoolie clobber giving it the big one to hearts fans and their shite songs. An actual mob show up walk right through their patch and they go into hiding. People can hark back to the old days and say the fans were bad for their songs etc but very few teams would take that sort of Liberty. Im fairly sure these Ultra types are meant to be the defenders of the club.

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

He means when Airdrie section B turned up at Tynie our wee hardmen were posted missing

Of course. That’s their casuals. 👍

Henrysmithstaxi
5 hours ago, CAI said:

Just a bunch of Rangers fans that happen to live in Edinburgh. Was never like this in the late 90s early 2000s. 

It definitely was like that in the late 80s and early 90s. Quite a few displaced Huns at Hearts games.

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

There due a kick in and I wouldn’t even bother if I seen it happening deserve what they get and it will come eventually to them.

• davemclaren locked this topic