Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I've seen this mentioned before - who is really in charge there, if you're able to say publicly (PM if not?). Not doubting what you're saying, just don't know the details...

David Martindale, not allowed to be employed as manager as he has a criminal record.. this is why Kenny Miller left that role.. 

is an open secret, has been discussed on radio more than once.. to have a listen to around the funnel podcast as they openly discuss when running through the possibilities.

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

David Martindale, not allowed to be employed as manager as he has a criminal record.. this is why Kenny Miller left that role.. 

OK, ta - never heard of the guy so obviously not at all i.t.k. !

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

is an open secret, has been discussed on radio more than once.. to have a listen to around the funnel podcast as they openly discuss when running through the possibilities.

Drug dealer from West Lothian his stock was shite aswell. So how did a heroin pusher pass the fit and proper persons test 🤣

Stendel is the only guy I want as manager now fs :( 

Gonna be spewing when Budge tries to pass Neil ****ing McCann off as a big name 

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

That’s a great video! I’m convinced 🤣

Is this the manager version of wyscout?  😄

21 minutes ago, maggieb said:

What’s not to like , YES PLEASE💰

I think so him or Michael O'Neill for me personally each to there own though 👍

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Stendel is the only guy I want as manager now fs :( 

Gonna be spewing when Budge tries to pass Neil ****ing McCann off as a big name 

Which isn’t going to happen, so dry your tears and dream big! 

On 03/11/2019 at 17:10, Bongo 1874 said:

Around about 5:20 when the Chairman says it was the same team but every player looks better.  That resonates with me, because I think we have a good group of players that a better manager could get a hell of a lot more from.

I don't know if this guy has thrown his hat into the ring, if not I really hope someone makes an approach to sound him out.  He is definitely worth at least inviting to interview for the job, assuming he'd be interested.

J.T.F.Robertson

Never heard of the guy myself, but if he's supposedly so good, why ain't he wurkin? (genuine question)

21 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Never heard of the guy myself, but if he's supposedly so good, why ain't he wurkin? (genuine question)

He was sacked by Barnsley only last month.

Surprised nobody has mentioned his skirmish with Joey Barton where he was allegedly chased up the tunnel and assaulted not long after Soapy's brother Harry was sent off. Pity he was either taken by surprise or just didn't have the pugilistic credentials of CL in which case we might have seen him give Barton get the medicine he most definitely deserves. 

https://www.thejournal.ie/joey-barton-daniel-stendel-barnsley-court-4845073-Oct2019/

BTW, I'd love us to make a move for Stendel. He's exactly the sort of manager we need.

Edited by JohnB

On 04/11/2019 at 22:49, OTT said:

Something Jack Ross failed to do with vastly superior resources.

I like the look of the guy, I think he could offer a lot of what the fans are looking for. Factually, a guy like Moyes is out of our price range, so what do folk want? McInnes who can take you to about third? Can't take you into Europe effectively. Robinson who hasn't done as well as folk like to believe. Motherwell are not dirt poor as the narrative likes to go (don't get me wrong, not flush with cash either but relative to St Mirren, St Johnstone etc. they do okay). 

I want someone I believe can take the club to the next level. Implement a coherent footballing strategy, get us competing at the right end of the table and in europe. I think like most continental managers he would bring a level of professionalism that is sorely lacking in the Scottish game. From that video the players seemed entirely invested in Stendels style of play and the fans too. 

His style of football is everything the fans have been crying out for. Aggressive high pressing fast attacking football. 

We are not a club that can afford everything. I believe this is as close the full package as we're ever going to get. 

I suspect that sadly, we do not have a team capable of playing aggressive, high pressing attacking football.

18 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Robbie Neilson has to be up there as one of the most suitable candidates for the position as manager.

From the day he returned as a coach and then as manager results improved. A steady decline since he departed.

Intelligent, articulate, charismatic and an excellent coach and all-round top chap.

Robbie’s Hearts team would fly, unrestricted and unfettered by the hand of CL.

You may be correct, but I can think of a high flying, banner waver who seemed to disagree.

10 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I suspect that sadly, we do not have a team capable of playing aggressive, high pressing attacking football.

We won't know until we try it!  

3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You may be correct, but I can think of a high flying, banner waver who seemed to disagree.

And we have gone downhill steadily from that day the plane flew over. 

Regal Kingston

Hipsters choice. 
Wanted by same people that championed Cathro. 

This similarities are too apparent. We need experience and a manager that plays attacking football 

I like the videos posted on this thread and the way he conducts himself but it’s high risk especially with a relegation battle on our hands. 

1 hour ago, Regal Kingston said:

Hipsters choice. 

This similarities are too apparent. We need experience and a manager that plays attacking football 

I like the videos posted on this thread and the way he conducts himself but it’s high risk especially with a relegation battle on our hands. 

Correct 👍

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

get 3 or 4 of the kids in and we do, get rid of some of the deadwood.

Hipsters choice. 

So give some REALISTIC examples then?

Hipsters choice. 

What are the similarities? As far as I can tell Stendel had a pro playing career, has managerial experience and indeed success, has solid man management cred judging by the way he is thought of and has a known style of play - none of which could be said of Cathro.

Thought Police
2 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

Hipsters choice. 

You realise Cathro had never once managed a first team when he took the Hearts job, right? Stendel has managed in the English Championship and Bundesliga. FWIW, I think people are absolutely dreaming if they think he'll end up at Hearts.

Who would you want that's not a hipster's choice? Tommy Wright?

2 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

Hipsters choice. 

What similarities to Cathro have you identified?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

7 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I’m afraid this is the truth of the matter, we have too many poor-average players at this time

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

When Klopp came in at Liverpool, he had to instill the mindset into the players and it took a while, it doesn't matter what crop of players you have, all you need is to change their mindset and get them working harder for each other, it's something we've been sadly lacking for a long time now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just listened to his final interview as Barnsley manager. Wasn't great if I'm honest.

Reading over the history of their summer, he was given a tough rebuild with inexperienced players, maybe thrown under the bus.

Would definitely put him in the speculative pile, not sure you would put him at the top of it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When Klopp came in at Liverpool, he had to instill the mindset into the players and it took a while, it doesn't matter what crop of players you have, all you need is to change their mindset and get them working harder for each other, it's something we've been sadly lacking for a long time now. 

Bielsa arrived at Leeds, he played a series of trial matches in house. He wanted to understand which players could play his high energy press, pass, move style.

The results were unexpected, he placed players into 3 groups, yes, no and maybe, with some players expected to be thrown out suddenly key men. They have been regulars ever since.

However, he had a preseason to do it. Our man has to be able to adapt to what he has and quickly. Why this sorry episode should have been controlled 29th May.

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bielsa arrived at Leeds, he played a series of trial matches in house. He wanted to understand which players could play his high energy press, pass, move style.

The results were unexpected, he placed players into 3 groups, yes, no and maybe, with some players expected to be thrown out suddenly key men. They have been regulars ever since.

However, he had a preseason to do it. Our man has to be able to adapt to what he has and quickly. Why this sorry episode should have been controlled 29th May.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm sure on 29th May most reasonable supporters were expecting to see a fit Naismith and a fit Haring to be available in the new season but alas it did not quite happen and Soapy soon got ruled out as well.

We did however add depth and possibly better quality with the signings of Halkett, Washington and Walker but alas they too fell victim to the injury curse as indeed has Mulraney.

IMO all 7 would be in or around our first XI and that represents 70%  of our outfield side missing.  Without saying CL was a good or a bad manager, I'm as confident as one can be that if we'd had all or most of them available we would be sitting much higher in the league.

PS - I have not even mentioned other players such as Morrison or Garuccio who although unlikely to be 1st team regulars would still have given the manager options.

alwaysthereinspirit
31 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

If he is so good why was he sacked at Barnsley?

Peebles, Penis, Peebles.

The rumour list is so depressing. 

I'm setting up in the Stendel camp. Probably the most exciting of all names to date (or best of a bad bunch) 

15 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Decent keeper

Quality RB

two ball playing centrehalfs (not berra)

quality LB

2 holding midfielders that would get into every team in Scotland minus maybe Celtic + Damour

No wingers

Walker, Naismith, Uche, Washington 

The bones of a good team are there. I do accept that we lack wingers capable of playing like that and there isn't enough movement in midfield currently. However, we're 3/4 players away from that IMO.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Decent keeper

Quality RB

quality LB

2 holding midfielders that would get into every team in Scotland minus maybe Celtic + Damour

No wingers

The bones of a good team are there. I do accept that we lack wingers capable of playing like that and there isn't enough movement in midfield currently. However, we're 3/4 players away from that IMO.

We played it with Cochrane and McDonald in the 4-0 Celtic game, though it help that they came forward

51 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Heard that on Talk Sport earlier. Could be an interesting case.

Indeed, especially if he is found guilty, given his previous.  It's hard to imagine he won't be found guilty, seeing as the incident happened in the tunnel with plenty of witnesses.

You can take the scally out of Huyton, and all that.

Regal Kingston
21 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What similarities to Cathro have you identified?

Cathro and Stendel both love a tablet. 
Both adopt modern training methods that propel their team to 10 game+ winless runs. 
Both know nothing of the Scottish game. 
Both attract football hipsters. 😂

Edited by Regal Kingston

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 02:36, Jamstomorrow said:

We'll only know that for sure after a new coaching team is in place, whoever that may be.

I just watched the video posted and mentioned was the fact that with mostly the same squad,  players improved after Stendel came in. And if high-pressing attacking football is his thing then we could do a lot worse. It's what Hearts have always been about. Us as fans have never been that patient when it comes to tippy-tappy nonsense across the park, it's just more noticeable now compared to the past. Never even gave Stendel a thought until I watched the video. Ann Budge has a certain criteria that any new boss will have to work under and from what was said on the video, sounds like he's what she would be looking for. Bringing in less players, working with what is already there (and booting out the ones that don't contribute enough) and play more younger players from youth level. Sounds pretty-much like what was said on the video and what would be required. Whether we get someone like this or Neil McCann (shiver running down my back at the thought of it) we'll soon find out how ambitious she is or if she'd rather take the easy option.

15 hours ago, OTT said:

Decent keeper

Quality RB

quality LB

No wingers

Morrison, mulraney and Walker would all do well in the winger position in a high pressing set up. 

49 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We'll only know that for sure after a new coaching team is in place, whoever that may be.

I just watched the video posted and mentioned was the fact that with mostly the same squad,  players improved after Stendel came in. And if high-pressing attacking football is his thing then we could do a lot worse. It's what Hearts have always been about. Us as fans have never been that patient when it comes to tippy-tappy nonsense across the park, it's just more noticeable now compared to the past. Never even gave Stendel a thought until I watched the video. Ann Budge has a certain criteria that any new boss will have to work under and from what was said on the video, sounds like he's what she would be looking for. Bringing in less players, working with what is already there (and booting out the ones that don't contribute enough) and play more younger players from youth level. Sounds pretty-much like what was said on the video and what would be required. Whether we get someone like this or Neil McCann (shiver running down my back at the thought of it) we'll soon find out how ambitious she is or if she'd rather take the easy option.

is a high pressing game modern speak for , get right ****ing intae them ? 😉

great post , especially the McCann line , it does seem this guy has something that Hearts would be advised to look at , risky perhaps but all appointments are . 

"Is a high pressing game modern speak for, get right  ****ing intae them?"

Yes. Yes it is!  I'm old school see? :pleasingao::look:

Edited by jambonian

4 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

Cathro and Stendel both love a tablet. 
Both adopt modern training methods that propel their team to 10 game+ winless runs. 
Both know nothing of the Scottish game. 
Both attract football hipsters. 😂

If Stendel is the Hipster choice, what does that make Jack Ross?

• davemclaren locked this topic