Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Because Scotland is a footballing backwater with no interest outside of Scotland. Because he doesn't want to live in Scotland. Because he wants too much money, because he has his eye on another job. 

If someone like Cotterill is interested I don't see why Stendel wouldn't be. Barnsley vs Edinburgh? No brainer. I very much doubt he would want too much money. He's been out of a job for a while now so it doesn't look like he has one lined up. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Based on what? Why would he be interested? Come to a 2 horse league where there is a very slim chance of winning anything. Just because we think managing Hearts is a great job, he'd probably be far better off waiting for a Championship job to come up. 

As I said above. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Because Scotland is a footballing backwater with no interest outside of Scotland. Because he doesn't want to live in Scotland. Because he wants too much money, because he has his eye on another job. 

Regards your last 2 sentences.

Is this fact or your own supposition?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Regards your last 2 sentences.

Is this fact or your own supposition?

I was giving potential reasons to why he wouldn't want to come, not facts

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I was giving potential reasons to why he wouldn't want to come, not facts

He might want  to live in Scotland and maybe money is not his priority.

:P

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

AB isn't daft enough not to give this guy an interview

But she gave Stuart McCall one? So I’d say yes she is

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ericb said:

We don't even know if he applied 

That’s the frustrating thing not knowing who’s applied.

Standard procedure.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

AB isn't daft enough not to give this guy an interview

Can you imagine her blank expression when one of her assistants informs her that some guy called Daniel Stendel is miles ahead in the kb poll to be next manager. 

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

scotland is nicer than Barnsley

we are a bigger club than Barnsley

we are a wealthier club than Barnsley 

the last point may be valid

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think about the pre season friendlies no more going to pishy Fife. 

1874_and_proud

He has only coached 100 games, hardly the CV we are looking for.

From To Record Ref.
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Hannover 96 3 April 2016 19 March 2017 34 17 9 8 59 44 +15 50.00 [7]
Barnsley 6 June 2018 8 October 2019 66 31 18 17 105 76 +29 46.97 [12]
Total

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly. Dunno why people have to be so negative about our club. 

38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Realistic chance of European football

There could be dozens of reasons he would or wouldn't want to come. Nobody knows if he does or doesn't but just because we want him to come, it doesn't mean he wants to.

Blame Budge is the only logical thing to do.

Edited by jambopilms

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, jambopilms said:

There could be dozens of reasons he would or wouldn't want to come. Nobody knows if he does or doesn't but just because we want him to it doesn't mean he wants too.

Blame Budge is the only logical thing to do.

Exactly ! Everybody wants to be an expert on appointing a new head coach but unfortunately we don't know the facts to judge 

30 minutes ago, 1874_and_proud said:

He has only coached 100 games, hardly the CV we are looking for.

From To Record Ref.
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Hannover 96 3 April 2016 19 March 2017 34 17 9 8 59 44 +15 50.00 [7]
Barnsley 6 June 2018 8 October 2019 66 31 18 17 105 76 +29 46.97 [12]
Total

That's what I was thinking  good luck to the lad and even more luck to him if he gets our job.

But i can't see why the big thing is to get him  in 

And if he was that good surely hed be getting bigger jobs than us 

Arthur Morgan
36 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

So, based on nothing but maroon tinted assumptions?

Apart from it being a 2 horse race, nothing else you said is a fact either...

I think my views are pretty reasonable and realistic actually, it's not Jurgen Klopp we're talking about here, it's an ex Barnsley manager; a team that are smaller than Hearts. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

38 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think my views are pretty reasonable and realistic actually, it's not Jurgen Klopp we're talking about here, it's an ex Barnsley manager; a team that are smaller than Hearts. 

I said it is a 2 horse race...fact!

Slim chance of winning a trophy...fact!

A job in the English championship is bigger than a job outside Celtic and Rangers in Scotland...unfortunate fact!

I want the best candidate, but I'm also realistic. Im not going to throw a huff just because AB doesnt appoint a German chap, who I'm guessing hardly anyone has heard of.

Arthur Morgan
15 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I said it is a 2 horse race...fact!

Slim chance of winning a trophy...fact!

A job in the English championship is bigger than a job outside Celtic and Rangers in Scotland...unfortunate fact!

I want the best candidate, but I'm also realistic. Im not going to throw a huff just because AB doesnt appoint a German chap, who I'm guessing hardly anyone has heard of.

I did agree with you on the 2 horse race. You didn't claim the Championship was a bigger league, why would I disagree with that anyway? Of course it's a better league but all you said was he would be better off waiting for a Championship job. I don't see any Championship club that's interested in him do you? 

You aren't being realistic, you're actually being pretty negative, talking down our chances of signing an ex Barnsley manager. We aren't Accrington Stanley. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

:spoton:

No idea why some Hearts fans continue to slag off Scottish football, low bowl what Hearts can pay & what we are capble of as well as put the likes of League 1 and various Championship teams on a pedestal in comparison merely to suit their own argument. 

Kinda pishy patter tbh. 

Hearts have approached Daniel Stendel about their managerial vacancy but face a major stumbling block if they want the German coach to succeed Craig Levein.

Stendel is still awaiting a pay-off from former club Barnsley after being sacked last month. He left the English Championship club following a run of one win in ten games but is still under contract until the end of the season.

His severance package is still being negotiated and shows no sign of being finalised quickly, meaning he is unlikely to become a realistic option for Hearts any time soon.

The Edinburgh club would need to pay a substantial six-figure sum to get the 45-year-old out of his Barnsley agreement should they decide to follow up their initial approach through his representatives.

Stendel was a popular figure during his 16-month tenure in Yorkshire, guiding Barnsley to automatic promotion from League One in May. He was relieved of his duties six weeks ago and 24 hours later was spotted drinking with locals in a pub as fans thanked him for his efforts.

Hearts are currently weighing up whether to approach Motherwell for permission to speak with their manager, Stephen Robinson, about the job at Tynecastle Park.

However, they do not plan to interview the former Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath. Club officials have informed the 66-year-old that they will not take his application for the role further.

Magath submitted his CV to Ann Budge last week and hoped for the chance to impress the Hearts owner in person. Hearts did not give Magath a reason for their decision, merely stating that his application would not be progressing to an interview.

The club have already spoken with Stuart McCall, Neil McCann, Steve Cotterill, Alan Irvine and Jack Ross about the manager's job - although Ross has since taken over at city rivals Hibs.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Caretaker till its sorted then. 

That's my thoughts too, I would be happy with this situation. 

I would think Hearts should tell Stendel that if he is interested in the job he needs to resolve things with Barnsley first. No way we should be compensating them for a manager they have sacked. (Although if someone offers Levein a job between now and the summer I might need to rethink that!!!)

On 15/11/2019 at 20:00, jambopilms said:

If he's been kicking about Barnsley for the last wee while, then I'm quite sure he's not going to be put off by Edinburgh. :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some of this will be on Stendel too.

Madness to pony up all of the cash for his severance. 

I totally get the interest in him, but it largely remains potential rather than proven track record. 

Paying him out for his last failing is not really great business acumen 

If this has any chance of happening I will be delighted. I’d even suggest signing him on a pre till the summer, give MacPhee the job till then. Stendel can then arrive almost Burley esq and get a buzz about the place. Coming in mid season can always turn bad quickly. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I totally get the interest in him, but it largely remains potential rather than proven track record. 

No it isn't but this guys what we need. 100%, Ann will know that 

I was late to the party so to speak but fair play to other posters, he is the perfect appointment

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There is no way we would pay out his severance package. What we would be doing is paying him a decent wage, therefore reducing/eliminating the package Barnsley need to pay.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He won English League One and managed in the Bundesliga ... A lot more than potential. Neilson had potential. This would be a very very exciting appointment.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I was having a wee look on the Tykes' forum, and found this:

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38250706

I don't recognise the language however. Maybe Google translate is an option?

What have I just read? It was like looking at the Matrix...

Yerm gem

• davemclaren locked this topic