Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If Stendel is the Hipster choice, what does that make Jack Ross?

Not being "with it" and not knowing what a "hipster" was, I felt I needed to do some research. Lo and behold it appears Steven "Steve" Thompson is the epitome of that breed.

Grow a beard or mustache. Facial hair is a staple for hipster guys. It makes you look rugged. You can also grow your hair out down to your shoulders and pull it back with bandanas, hats, or hair ties. The more hair you have, the more you’ll look like a hipster.[4]

• Invest in beard or ‘stache wax to keep your hair looking groomed and attractive. Trimming is also important to do every once in awhile.
  • If you let your facial hair become scraggly, be aware that you’ll start to look like a mountain man hipster instead of an urban one. The choice is yours though, either look is trendy right now.
  • Don't worry if you can't grow in full facial hair. It's an addition to the hipster look, not a requirement.

Image titled Be a Hipster (Teen Boys) Step 7

PS what's worse, at the age of 73 it looks like I might be one too as I've got most of the following!! lol

Things You'll Need

• Hipster clothes
  • Plaid shirts
  • Scarves (to wear year-round)
  • Vintage boots
  • Tattoo (just if you want, but is preferable)
  • Turntable
  • An old camera (Polaroid is suggested.)
  • Fixed-gear bike
  • Your own garden
  • Fountain pen
  • Any Apple product always updated
  • Instagram (remember to only post HD photos, though, you're too elite for iPhone quality)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Not being "with it" and not knowing what a "hipster" was, I felt I needed to do some research. Lo and behold it appears Steven "Steve" Thompson is the epitome of that breed.

Grow a beard or mustache. Facial hair is a staple for hipster guys. It makes you look rugged. You can also grow your hair out down to your shoulders and pull it back with bandanas, hats, or hair ties. The more hair you have, the more you’ll look like a hipster.[4]

• Invest in beard or ‘stache wax to keep your hair looking groomed and attractive. Trimming is also important to do every once in awhile.
  • If you let your facial hair become scraggly, be aware that you’ll start to look like a mountain man hipster instead of an urban one. The choice is yours though, either look is trendy right now.
  • Don't worry if you can't grow in full facial hair. It's an addition to the hipster look, not a requirement.

Image titled Be a Hipster (Teen Boys) Step 7

PS what's worse, at the age of 73 it looks like I might be one too as I've got most of the following!! lol

Things You'll Need

• Hipster clothes
  • Plaid shirts
  • Scarves (to wear year-round)
  • Vintage boots
  • Tattoo (just if you want, but is preferable)
  • Turntable
  • An old camera (Polaroid is suggested.)
  • Fixed-gear bike
  • Your own garden
  • Fountain pen
  • Any Apple product always updated
  • Instagram (remember to only post HD photos, though, you're too elite for iPhone quality)

Afraid not. Thomson is a dumpling ... Hipsters wouldn’t be seen dead with him.

3D3256FC-6F85-491C-80AE-BFB7BD9E159C.thumb.jpeg.e431027b7ddf3594116ca0dc62d1b757.jpeg

This lad is a ‘hipster’ ..

Think west end of Glasgow, Brooklyn NY or Camden London. Not sure where the connection to Cathro comes from. The etymology of the word is to be found in the writings of Jack Kerouac, I believe ...

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

Cathro and Stendel both love a tablet. 

:sadrobbo:

Was partial to a Gary Ablett myself back in the day.

On 05/11/2019 at 06:05, Seymour M Hersh said:

My opinion fwiw (absolutely nothing I know) is that he appears on paper to be exactly the type of manager we should be recruiting for all the comments above. However I fear Mrs Budge is going to go down the route of someone with years of experience but no great talent. I can understand why she'll do this after being bitten on the bum with the Cathro disaster but CL had years of experience and we've seen how well that ended for us! She needs to be bold in her appointment but I just think she'll go a version of safety first. 

Just hope she stays clear of ex players or managers it’s not what we need .

This guy ticks the boxes 

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

This guy ticks the boxes 

Been manager for less than two seasons and sacked by both clubs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:sadrobbo:

Was partial to a Gary Ablett myself back in the day.

Sure it wasn't an E-reader... 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, NB GIN said:

This guy ticks the boxes 

Why out of interest? Stendel interests me but what if an ex Hearts player ticks all the boxes?

Some (most) of our best spells have been with ex players as our manager. Some like Sandy Clark didn't work out but IMO you get a little bit extra from an ex-player - maybe some more loyalty (not seeing the club as just a stepping stone for example), possibly some harder work and more motivation to do the job, plus an innate understanding of the club and fans and their expectations. What's wrong with us finding our version of Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, which someone like Neilson could turn out to be?

15 minutes ago, gcjambo said:

So will Stendel be given the chance to impress in an interview?

Sorry if already discussed as not read through all the posts but

Has the guy even applied for the job?

39 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry if already discussed as not read through all the posts but

Has the guy even applied for the job?

Davie Deans on the ‘Odds on next manager’ thread mentioned that Stendel has sent his CV to Hearts. Time will tell I suppose 

On 08/11/2019 at 18:00, ToqueJambo said:

Why out of interest? Stendel interests me but what if an ex Hearts player ticks all the boxes?

Some (most) of our best spells have been with ex players as our manager. Some like Sandy Clark didn't work out but IMO you get a little bit extra from an ex-player - maybe some more loyalty (not seeing the club as just a stepping stone for example), possibly some harder work and more motivation to do the job, plus an innate understanding of the club and fans and their expectations. What's wrong with us finding our version of Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, which someone like Neilson could turn out to be?

I get what you are saying and I quite like the idea of it but let's remember Neilson jumped to go to MK Don's...which sort of undermines your point a little.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I get what you are saying and I quite like the idea of it but let's remember Neilson jumped to go to MK Don's...which sort of undermines your point a little.

Didn't Eddie Howe leave to go to Burnley? 

47 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Didn't Eddie Howe leave to go to Burnley? 

Yes. He also saw Bournemouth as a stepping stone and displayed a lack of the additional loyalty talked about. He's maybe since recognised the error he made (certainly appears so) but I think that's just as likely to happen with someone who has no previous ties prior to their first spell as a manager.

Edited by Taffin

On 07/11/2019 at 07:35, Regal Kingston said:

Cathro and Stendel both love a tablet. 
Both adopt modern training methods that propel their team to 10 game+ winless runs. 
Both know nothing of the Scottish game. 
Both attract football hipsters. 😂

Bit harsh to say Cathro knows nothing of the Scottish game. After all he is Scottish, and cut his teeth coaching at Dundee United.

As for Stendel, you're right, he doesn't have knowledge on the Scottish game. But I doubt he knew much about League One in England either before he beat the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth to promotion, losing 7 games out of 46 and massively winning the fans over with his brand of high-press attacking football.

Some of this talk likening Stendel to Cathro is extremely harsh on Stendel.

Cathro had never been a manager before...…..Stendel did brilliantly last season with Barnsley and the losing streak at the start of this season followed him unsuccessfully pleading over the summer with the owners for transfer funds to improve the squad for the step up in league as he knew the current team wasn't good enough....he was proved right!

The Old Tolbooth
On 08/11/2019 at 00:38, davemclaren said:

Been manager for less than two seasons and sacked by both clubs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To be fair to Stendel, Barnsley reported it as a sacking because he refused to go back after they sold all his star players and didn't have intentions of replacing them in a better league and expected him to do the same job, Barnsley are a bit of a car crash right now and they reported it this way to put themselves in a better light, the fans were seriously unimpressed with what the club done to him (that was from a Tykes fan)

Personally, this is the guy I really want at Hearts, I reckon his style of play would sell the stadium out again instead of the big swathing gaps we have just now because of the utter dross served up to use for far too long, he's also very much a fans person, he would mingle and become a favourite, and for marketing purposes this guy could be more than just a manager for us. 

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair to Stendel, Barnsley reported it as a sacking because he refused to go back after they sold all his star players and didn't have intentions of replacing them in a better league and expected him to do the same job, Barnsley are a bit of a car crash right now and they reported it this way to put themselves in a better light, the fans were seriously unimpressed with what the club done to him (that was from a Tykes fan)

Personally, this is the guy I really want at Hearts, I reckon his style of play would sell the stadium out again instead of the big swathing gaps we have just now because of the utter dross served up to use for far too long, he's also very much a fans person, he would mingle and become a favourite, and for marketing purposes this guy could be more than just a manager for us. 

I agree. The only candidate I can't think of some objection to.

On 07/11/2019 at 12:06, Mr Elwood P said:

If Stendel is the Hipster choice, what does that make Jack Ross?

A sister fister?

Bazzas right boot
On 06/11/2019 at 02:36, Jamstomorrow said:

I suspect that sadly, we do not have a team capable of playing aggressive, high pressing attacking football.

We have. 

When we have our better players back we are more than capable. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm on this train. 

Complimented with a couple of Scottish coaches, could be gravy. 

Can't see it happening.  We appear to have narrowed down the list of unemployed managers to four and have already interviewed them.

What we will probably never know (and it's frustrating) is whether or not Stendel and some of the other managers listed actually put their CV's into Hearts.  

19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I agree. The only candidate I can't think of some objection to.

I'm the same. This is our guy as far as I'm concerned. We should be doing everything we can to get him.

If you need any more convincing, have a read of this from a Sunderland fans website.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/10/11/20908148/is-daniel-stendel-any-good-barnsley-fanzine-reveals-all-about-sunderland-managerial-candidate

Just now, tazhearts said:

Can't see it happening.  We appear to have narrowed down the list of unemployed managers to four and have already interviewed them.

What we will probably never know (and it's frustrating) is whether or not Stendel and some of the other managers listed actually put their CV's into Hearts.  

Think Stendel threw his name in the hat for Hibs so if he's on the radar then can't do any worse than at least offer him an interview.

32 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I  100% agree about Stendel.  

16100 tickets sold last week for a game against St Mirren shows there is still enthusiasm for the club.

A successful Hearts team would sell out every week.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He'll probably get the Sunderland job.

Phil Parkinson already appointed... although that was a month ago so they maybe looking for his replacement before long.

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm on this train. 

I agree maybe with McCann and MacPhee if he’s not going to get the SD job 

Is Stendel disputing his dismissal from Barnsley, and could that impact on the timing of his availability to take up a new job.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's my thinking now as well.

14 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

They have a manager. 

10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Phil Parkinson already appointed... although that was a month ago so they maybe looking for his replacement before long.

Shows how much I pay attention to league 1 :laugh2:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Best candidate by far.. 

He is, which means he won't even get an interview. Too busy talking to Neil McCann and McCall

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The Old Tolbooth
29 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

I'm the same. This is our guy as far as I'm concerned. We should be doing everything we can to get him.

If you need any more convincing, have a read of this from a Sunderland fans website.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/10/11/20908148/is-daniel-stendel-any-good-barnsley-fanzine-reveals-all-about-sunderland-managerial-candidate

Can someone email this to Budge please? 

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

But Ann cant see it 

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He is, which means he won't even get an interview. Too busy talking to Neil McCann and McCall

Who says he is interested, or we haven't approached him and he say no ?

You are just making shit up so you can moan about it

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm on this train. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have. 

When we have our better players back we are more than capable. 

Spot on just saying this now how can we not play a high pressing game at home we did when we played rangers for the first 15 minutes and i take it people forgot about this too?  If we don't get stendel I would rather Austin got a chance to see what he can do ideally though i would like Austin sporting director and Stendel first team manager with Stendels coaches. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on just saying this now how can we not play a high pressing game at home we did when we played rangers for the first 15 minutes and i take it people forget about this too?  If we don't get stendel I would rather Austin got a chance to see what he can do ideally though i would like Austin sporting director and Stendel first team manager with stendels coaches. 

You are setting yourself up for a disappointment. I did think we were looking to move the club forward but obviously not.

30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Who says he is interested, or we haven't approached him and he say no ?

You are just making shit up so you can moan about it

This, I started the thread as I thought he may be a good candidate. But there is no evidence that he has either applied or would be interested in the job.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

This, I started the thread as I thought he may be a good candidate. But there is no evidence that he has either applied or would be interested in the job.

Hes just left Barnsley,England's arse hole.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You are setting yourself up for a disappointment. I did think we were looking to move the club forward but obviously not.

Most likely so mate if only someone could inform Ann he's available and if we sold the club to him and the opportunity to split the old firm who could turn that down? 

This myth that clubs can't challenge the old firm absolute bull crap if u have belief and set your team up in a positive way you can achieve the unexpected any time we play Rangers or Celtic at home we should expect 3 points minimum cut the allocation to two sections at most turn Tynecastle into a cauldron **** them im sick of clubs pandering to them lets make this club a force at our worst Aberdeen couldn't beat us at our worst hibs couldn't beat us raise the fecking bar Hearts we can challenge we have to believe though 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Arthur Morgan

I bet we haven't even interviewed Stendel. Watch this, we will end up with McCann or McCall and will miss out on this guy 🤦‍♂️

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You can't miss out on someone who isnt interested, or we can't afford.

I reckon we could afford him, he was only at Barnsley. Why wouldn't he be interested? Of course he would. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon we could afford him, he was only at Barnsley. Why wouldn't he be interested? Of course he would. 

Based on what? Why would he be interested? Come to a 2 horse league where there is a very slim chance of winning anything. Just because we think managing Hearts is a great job, he'd probably be far better off waiting for a Championship job to come up. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Because Scotland is a footballing backwater with no interest outside of Scotland. Because he doesn't want to live in Scotland. Because he wants too much money, because he has his eye on another job. 

• davemclaren locked this topic