Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, allyby said:

Looked online and cant see anything, can you provide a link.

That's because there is no report. He's pulling your legs.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Your mistake if you wanted to make people believe you is using the Guardian, they have no interest in Scottish football except the odd article.

Their Scottish football/sports corespondent is a season ticket holder at Hearts. He covers many sports but I can assure he has a lot of interest in Scottish football and Hearts. He is probably in Dubai at the moment covering the golf but he is extremely well connected in Gorgie. 

41 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d give Austin it until the end of the season and review it.

He’s got more experience than Cathro or even Robbie had Tbf to him.

Certainly wouldn’t be offering 3 year deals though. 

We could be relegated.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Seems like a plan. I’d have been dead against it but his presser has won me round to the extent that I think he deserves  a chance 

I had kind of come to the conclusion that chances were McPhee might get the position for the remainder of the season before we started interviewing. My chain of thought was that we might take time until the end of the season to take a really good look at alternatives, whether presently employed or not, and give those showing any sort of interest more time to look at the players presently on board and what they thought they would be able to do with them and/or how much repair work was/is needed.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aw naw, not you as well man :rofl:

A win against St Mirren and a good press conference.

Dearie me.

You couldn’t make it up.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Honestly can’t believe people wanting to give macphee the gig, even for a short spell!

i like the guy but don’t want him in the dugout any longer than needs be.

Guy stuck up for himself and Hearts well but you can have the gift of the gab. He was like that at the start of his time with Cathro.  

Good to see all the daza bashers back out in force, glad to see your pettiness come out in rashes again.

Hmfcliam06 you constantly call me out or launch sly personal comments in my direction, why is this please? What is your issue? 

@hughesie27 Berra, Lafferty about 4 weeks before media got a sniff, and Naismith before media, aswell as 4 year deal etc. 

Stendel remains an option, one we are keen on, but we are now looking at other options within a similar budget.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Good to see all the daza bashers back out in force, glad to see your pettiness come out in rashes again.

Hmfcliam06 you constantly call me out or launch sly personal comments in my direction, why is this please? What is your issue? 

@hughesie27 Berra, Lafferty about 4 weeks before media got a sniff, and Naismith before media, aswell as 4 year deal etc. 

Stendel remains an option, one we are keen on, but we are now looking at other options within a similar budget.

A similar budget to what?

55 minutes ago, allyby said:

Don't want to go down that route again, an experienced manager is needed, not Austin McPhee.

Like Craig Levein? 🤔

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Interesting...the old ‘you seem angry’ ploy.

Be fair, chief. You do seem to be coming across as pretty riled up. You're replying agressively to anyone disagreeing with you or questioning you. 

Fancying Stendel?

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Guy stuck up for himself and Hearts well but you can have the gift of the gab. He was like that at the start of his time with Cathro.  

Exactly, anyone can talk a good game and say the right things.

great result v St mirren but tbf I’d be expecting us to win that.

Against Rangers I wouldn’t have believed anyone could set us up worse than Levein but Austin outdone himself.

its a Big No from me.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I want MacPhee to be given a chance now. He's confident, assured and wants to play high press attacking football. (Something most people have cried about for as long as I can remember.) He's nothing like Cathro or Levein. 

There's not 1 manager that excites me like Austin does tbh. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I want MacPhee to be given a chance now. He's confident, assured and wants to play high press attacking football. (Something most people have cried about for as long as I can remember.) He's nothing like Cathro or Levein. 

That last sentence is a bit creepy bud 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Their Scottish football/sports corespondent is a season ticket holder at Hearts. He covers many sports but I can assure he has a lot of interest in Scottish football and Hearts. He is probably in Dubai at the moment covering the golf but he is extremely well connected in Gorgie. 

He is, and he would post it on his twitter, but the guardian site is very limited with Scottish football news. If he had said Ewan Murray has said Stendel is at Tynecastle it would be more believable.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

A similar budget to what?

I'd guess similar to the package that may be offered to Stendel. Sorry but I thought that seemed obvious.

Austin is intelligent and good with the media if we win our next couple of matches he must be in with a chance.

Does anyone else think he looks like a young Bjorn Borg 😍

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Be fair, chief. You do seem to be coming across as pretty riled up. You're replying agressively to anyone disagreeing with you or questioning you. 

Fancying Stendel?

I can honestly say I don’t see my replies as aggressive or riled up...they are however direct.

However, due to your decorum...I will concede that I am fairly easy to get riled up!

Regarding Stendel...I honestly don’t know, is he the fashionista choice? Although from the way he appears to like his teams to play...exciting, attacking football, the it ‘could’ be great.

In some respects, Warnock would be a safe pair of hands...but there wouldn’t be any long term plan there.

We have endured a few years of negative, dull...horrendous football, so if Stendel is the polar opposite of that then to me that’s just what we need.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Deviskan said:

I can honestly say I don’t see my replies as aggressive or riled up...they are however direct.

However, due to your decorum...I will concede that I am fairly easy to get riled up!

Regarding Stendel...I honestly don’t know, is he the fashionista choice? Although from the way he appears to like his teams to play...exciting, attacking football, the it ‘could’ be great.

In some respects, Warnock would be a safe pair of hands...but there wouldn’t be any long term plan there.

We have endured a few years of negative, dull...horrendous football, so if Stendel is the polar opposite of that then to me that’s just what we need.

Fair do's, geezer.

I think most within our budget would be viewed as ''a risk''. There is simply no way of knowing how it'll go.

For me, someone who promotes attacking football , not simply ''effective'' tactics.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This thread is a poor cousin to :muggy: and his flight to Lithuania. Those were good days on Kickback. :(

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A win against St Mirren and a good press conference.

Dearie me.

You couldn’t make it up.

We’re fickle as ****. Beat tomorrow and pichforks & torches oot

Austin has been in charge for two games. One a good win against second bottom of the league ( progress I’ll grant you) and the other the most embarrassing capitulation I’ve ever seen at Hampden and people are happy for him to remain in charge until Xmas????? Happy for him to stay on in some capacity but not as manager please!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

A lot of people seem to be hiding from the facts. 

Sacked twice after roughly a year, in the intervening year he didn't work,  nobody in Germany saw fit to employ him. 

Red flags for me 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sacked twice after roughly a year, in the intervening year he didn't work,  nobody in Germany saw fit to employ him. 

Red flags for me 

Do we know for a fact he was not offered a job back in Germany?

1 hour ago, allyby said:

Don't want to go down that route again, an experienced manager is needed, not Austin McPhee.

I’d be delighted to get Stendal but a couple seasons doesn’t make you experienced. 

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

5 minutes ago, Crete said:

:ruiner:

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Austin has been in charge for two games. One a good win against second bottom of the league ( progress I’ll grant you) and the other the most embarrassing capitulation I’ve ever seen at Hampden and people are happy for him to remain in charge until Xmas????? Happy for him to stay on in some capacity but not as manager please!

that depends on who the other options are.. with the exception of Stendel and Warnock o wouldn’t chuck Austin away for anyone else without giving him a chance

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is, and he would post it on his twitter, but the guardian site is very limited with Scottish football news. If he had said Ewan Murray has said Stendel is at Tynecastle it would be more believable.

Ask Ewan on Twitter now. It’s only 11pm in Dubai.  

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Red flags for me 

That’s the risk...would he be another Cathro?

Have Barnsley fans views been warped by the fact he went for a few drinks with them after he was sacked?

I don’t want a Scottish/Irish Manager, or anyone with any links to the Old Firm...with any form

of inferiority complex when we play them.

So that leaves me with someone from abroad or England...perhaps a dark horse will come from nowhere that none of us have considered/heard of (someone with the ‘supposed’ qualities Stendel has).

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Exactly, anyone can talk a good game and say the right things.

great result v St mirren but tbf I’d be expecting us to win that.

Against Rangers I wouldn’t have believed anyone could set us up worse than Levein but Austin outdone himself.

its a Big No from me.

A word of warning don’t go to the Press conference thread.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

9 minutes ago, munro9 said:

You do realise Xmas is literally only a few weeks away? Giving until Xmas is only 6 more games after tomorrow,.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A word of warning don’t go to the Press conference thread.

I can imagine. Mother Theresa by now, surely 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This thread is a poor cousin to :muggy: and his flight to Lithuania. Those were good days on Kickback. :(

Beat me to it I was just about to ask how many pages that saga went on for 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You do realise Xmas is literally only a few weeks away? Giving until Xmas is only 6 more games after tomorrow,.

18 points is a lot to lose.

26 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Cheers, for expanding for me. I don't even know if Stendel will be any good. Would quite like a new guy in soon though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s laughable.

As best I can tell:

He’s done great work so far despite doing nothing because it was all Levein, except for the good stuff which McPhee was doing, even though he wasn’t doing anything because it was all Levein.

That seems to be the argument.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As best I can tell:

He’s done great work so far despite doing nothing because it was all Levein, except for the good stuff which McPhee was doing, even though he wasn’t doing anything because it was all Levein.

That seems to be the argument.

It’s like Yes Minister.

25 minutes ago, Crete said:

For some reason (and I can’t quite put my finger on it), this comment, coming from you, does not surprise me.

Big Slim Stylee
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ask Ewan on Twitter now. It’s only 11pm in Dubai.  

Tbf when he infrequently deigns to give his views on football it’s normally from a Clubhouse far far away accompanied by an “aw do I really have to?” moan to his editor.

15 minutes ago, allyby said:

18 points is a lot to lose.

A lot of points to win to.

Im not necessarily advocating it, but if for example we beat Killie tomorrow I can’t say I’d be any less reassured giving Austin a chance  for a month than I would giving it to a proven failure like McCann or McCall if Stendel etc genuinely aren’t in the running.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Tbf when he infrequently deigns to give his views on football it’s normally from a Clubhouse far far away accompanied by an “aw do I really have to?” moan to his editor.

Tbf he is a pretty regular attender at our home games. Certainly not an infrequent attender. Not a lot of golf left after this week. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, kila said:

Do we know for a fact he was not offered a job back in Germany?

Of course we can't be certain. But really?

If we had a situation similar to Spurs whereby Levein had been punted & a Mourhino type replacement had been installed half a day later, then the position of MacPhee would would be entirely different, he’d have either been punted, remained as assistant(doubtful) or possibly got the SD role.

But because we don’t have this direct replacement we are now stuck with AM as interim manager for how long? The next game? Or the next one after that? or even permanent as many on here now are suggesting.

She did say 4-6 weeks tbf & who knows which way this is going to pan out but if we lose tomorrow then AM’s head is back on the block again

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

That’s the risk...would he be another Cathro?

Have Barnsley fans views been warped by the fact he went for a few drinks with them after he was sacked?

I don’t want a Scottish/Irish Manager, or anyone with any links to the Old Firm...with any form

of inferiority complex when we play them.

So that leaves me with someone from abroad or England...perhaps a dark horse will come from nowhere that none of us have considered/heard of (someone with the ‘supposed’ qualities Stendel has).

I think they genuinely adore him, but then they have Wilson and Heckingbottom. I don't think they are a barometer.

The Hanover sacking.  Relegated then sitting 4th. Odd. 

His final interview at Barnsley might still be on the iplayer,  can't say I was impressed. 

I'm sure there would be some great games with the style,  just not convinced either his style or himself are built to last 

• davemclaren locked this topic