Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A proven manager Warnock. Its an alternative view, rather than a strange one. Everyone seems to have gone gegenpress mad without really looking much closer

In the short term I would take Warnock in the long term Stendel although like all candidates a gamble.

Please whatever not McCall. He would just brown nose Sevco at every opportunity.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

In the short term I would take Warnock in the long term Stendel although like all candidates a gamble.

Please whatever not McCall. He would just brown nose Sevco at every opportunity.

McCall I will cry.

I will get behind whoever it is, would like to think its someone who actually wants the job though and doesn't require begging.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

McCall I will cry.

I will get behind whoever it is, would like to think its someone who actually wants the job though and doesn't require begging.

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Has he? I wouldn't know.

He absolutely loves it up here and does have a place at Dunoon or so,my wife used to work for the Sheff Utd chairman Kevin McCabe who had an office on Melville Street and Neil Warnock used to come up quite a lot popping in to see folks in the office and always getting along to watch Hearts when they were at Tynecastle 

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't need to expand! Have a look at accounts which out 

He didnt  get a reward for failure. He got a bonus for Scottish cup final appearance as did all the playing staff. Behave. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

McCall I will cry.

Where i am.

Anyone new will get support,  it's just depressing to think it'll be someone utterly uninspiring like Stuart McCall or Irvine.

Edited by Homme

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

When he was growing up yes. That was my point. He spent most of the latter part of his days though at Ibrox doing hospitality if IIRC. Bit of a stretch to call him a Hearts man through and through.

Other than the years he was with us his entire life from 16 until not long before he died was virtually spent at Ibrox as player, employee and ambassador. 
Grew up in Whitson Crescent so a  jambo until he signed for Rangers. Family were Hearts fans including his brother Jimmy. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

His wife apparently had always fancied living in Scotland. But it could have been hot air.

With regard to a year, well Hodgson is still going strong in the biggest league in the world just over a year older.

Our man here has managed 2 clubs and been sacked after a year at each, so on form, yeah we would be going through that process again in a year. We could be with anyone.

The 3 year and 5 year plans are over rated, purely in my view, until we get back into Europe, its a priority I believe, or the new manager is going to be another Levein "jam tomorrow" target.

Our fans in my 40 years watching Hearts prefer results over myths and philosophy

As a Hearts fan of...not short on 40 years also, I know we prefer results over myths and philosophy (wish Levein understood that then we wouldn't be in the mess we're in) however i'd much rather have a younger manager who had ambition to go on to greater things. someone who wanted to make Hearts an attractive team to watch and also to show bigger clubs two, three, four years down the line that he's proved himself to be a top manager with us. In the case of Warnock, at his age i doubt he'd be looking at an ambitious future move after Hearts. On Hodgson, he is doing a decent job at Crystal Palace but then Crystal Palace are one of those teams where there are no expectations. The likes of the Liverpools, Man Citys, Man Us etc. would never look at taking him on as manager. At Hearts, in Scotland in general, the only challenge is to attempt to break the boring dull duopoly of the old firm. Aberdeen aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago, both Dundee clubs are in the league below and Hibs, well, they're just Hibs, think they're the bees knees and get brought back down to earth very regularly. And if we can't do better with our budget than Motherwell or Killie then we really are in serious bother. Ambition is what's needed, not a "safe" option. 

StevenNaismith
21 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's not actually, he's at the wind up.

I’m not at the wind up. Stendel is in Edinburgh. Once/if compensation is sorted with Barnsley then he will be announced. It’s not a small amount though.

Nice that my original reply was still stored now I’ve been allowed back on the thread.

24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

See, you've hit the nail on the head right there!

Although I have nothing against McCall and quite liked him as a player, we need to get a manager who will give ZERO fecks about the old firm and has not played or been associated with them otherwise, he will be open to criticism when we drop points against them (hurts to say but we will).

If anything, I like the remarks that Warnock made about wanting a "crack at the old firm".

That is what we need, someone who will take the game to them and not give 2 fecks about the media, the pundits or the officials when it comes to them.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m not at the wind up. Stendel is in Edinburgh. Once/if compensation is sorted with Barnsley then he will be announced. It’s not a small amount though.

Nice that my original reply was still stored now I’ve been allowed back on the thread.

XBv6gF7n_400x400.jpg

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's probably been answered already, but it's unlikely to be a question of us having to pay Barnsley, rather Stendel looking for Barnsley to pay him. If his contract runs to next summer and his annual salary is/was £200k, he'll be due a bit over £100k from them. If he takes another job, they'll be able say he's no longer available to work for them if required and will stop paying him. If his new job pays less, he'd probably then be able to take Barnsley to court and have them ordered to pay the difference over the remaining period of his contract but that'd be it I think. If he can negotiate a lump sum payoff from Barnsley before going after a new job, he could potentially get most, or a large chunk anyway, of the £100k+ he's potentiality due from them up front and then get himself a new job!

Not the way it works anymore. He is still on their payroll so he is their employee with a contract until next June. If any club wants to talk to him or hire him they need Barnsley’s permission and almost certainly they will be looking for some form of compensation to offset the remainder of his contract costs. 

54 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Compensation could cause a delay if it is to be him. 

Would have to be agreed before we are allowed to talk to him. 

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Interesting aside and I don't know if this has been mentioned previously on the thread, but Barnsley are part owned by Billy Beane of the Oalkland Raiders in the MLB, and the club employ Beane's 'Moneyball' method when recruiting players and managers.

Sabermetrics is worth a read up on , along with Billy Beane and Peter Brand and the subsequent move by the Bosox to get him and implement savermetrics under Epstein 👍🏻

Imo I can’t see how Soccah can work with it as there is too many moving parts and uncertainty that just isn't there in Baseball.  

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Hi, El Diez...are you not meant to be banned. 

You horrible McCabe ****** ******.

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I vote we ban you again 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

As a Hearts fan of...not short on 40 years also, I know we prefer results over myths and philosophy (wish Levein understood that then we wouldn't be in the mess we're in) however i'd much rather have a younger manager who had ambition to go on to greater things. someone who wanted to make Hearts an attractive team to watch and also to show bigger clubs two, three, four years down the line that he's proved himself to be a top manager with us. In the case of Warnock, at his age i doubt he'd be looking at an ambitious future move after Hearts. On Hodgson, he is doing a decent job at Crystal Palace but then Crystal Palace are one of those teams where there are no expectations. The likes of the Liverpools, Man Citys, Man Us etc. would never look at taking him on as manager. At Hearts, in Scotland in general, the only challenge is to attempt to break the boring dull duopoly of the old firm. Aberdeen aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago, both Dundee clubs are in the league below and Hibs, well, they're just Hibs, think they're the bees knees and get brought back down to earth very regularly. And if we can't do better with our budget than Motherwell or Killie then we really are in serious bother. Ambition is what's needed, not a "safe" option. 

Then I doubt Stendel is your man, he is thinking higher than Hearts, not 4 years on.

By safe I mean winning games, and now, not in 2024

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

Where i am.

Anyone new will get support,  it's just depressing to think it'll be someone utterly uninspiring like Stuart McCall or Irvine.

I'm not keen on Irvine, but if Naismith is, surely he must have something.

Its a very awkward position to fill, we all have different ideas of what is needed or who we want, who is actually keen on it and who wouldn't go near us for whatever reason.

Not an appointment I would enjoy making as it has panned out

GorgieRules22
16 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Why would he be in Edinburgh if he’s already stated that he dosent want to manage here.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Why would he be in Edinburgh if he’s already stated that he dosent want to manage here.

Cos he hasn't ? Where did he state that ? 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Cry me a river Tarkin...

Don't think I'll bother.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is it?

:lol:

No idea.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not keen on Irvine, but if Naismith is, surely he must have something.

Its a very awkward position to fill, we all have different ideas of what is needed or who we want, who is actually keen on it and who wouldn't go near us for whatever reason.

Not an appointment I would enjoy making as it has panned out

The Naismith/Irvine thing puzzles me somewhat. Naismith only had two years at Everton when Irvine was a youth coach. Then Irvine was assistant at Norwich for one season, taking over as caretaker in March of that year. So Naismith hasn’t experienced Irvine in a full management roll, just a caretaker one, even then that was only for two months. Peculiar to me.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't think I'll bother.

No idea.

Oh dear, have you given the the game away?

Bit silly of you old chap...start furiously back-pedaling.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The Naismith/Irvine thing puzzles me somewhat. Naismith only had two years at Everton when Irvine was a youth coach. Then Irvine was assistant at Norwich for one season, taking over as caretaker in March of that year. So Naismith hasn’t experienced Irvine in a full management roll, just a caretaker one, even then that was only for two months. Peculiar to me.

Be a lot of bull doing the rounds.  A process update would be welcome unless something is going to happen soon 

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

I;m done, wont open this thread again, umless the title changes.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

Hopes up

Hopes dashed

I;m done, wont open this thread again, umless the title changes.

agree, I’m mentally preparing for some tragedy of an appointment which will send this place and the support at large into meltdown.

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh dear, have you given the the game away?

Bit silly of you old chap...start furiously back-pedaling.

I've no idea either way, and don't really care.

Trying to stick folk in on an internet forum to make your testicles feel bigger is poor form though. You really should be ashamed of that sort of behaviour.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

If he is in Edinburgh with a view to becoming Hearts manager it would be reasonable to assume that he will travel down to Kilmarnock to watch the match.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Pay slips....READY!

JKB....READY!

:jj:

I don't understand this please enlighten me 🤔😂

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pay slips....READY!

JKB....READY!

:jj:

😂😂

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Trying to stick folk in on an internet forum to make your testicles feel bigger is poor form though. You really should be ashamed of that sort of behaviour.

:lol:

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This could get decent...

🍿😀

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

HAVE IT!

C1376FEE-40B3-4DAF-91B2-0BCB1D69B5B7.jpeg

That net pay is more money in one month than I will see in 15 years on my current base salary.  For kicking a ****ing football about a pitch.

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

That net pay is more money in one month than I will see in 15 years on my current base salary.  For kicking a ****ing football about a pitch.

That was ten years ago, imagine what some are on now....****ing sickening tbh

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Quids in? Successful bet on new manager maybe

Ok but what does that have to do with Daniel Stendel 😂😂

• davemclaren locked this topic