Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

9 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

The Suns story last night gave me justification on my part that I wasn’t posting ‘pish’ (as @Deviskanhad said) and it was an all round girfuy to the many posters who had taken a similar stance to him. I’m posting in good faith believe it of not but retrospectively I’d agree, it wasn’t a good look.

👍

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

A lot of people seem to be making out there is a confusing or contradictory picture being painted here. All the media has reported is:

1) We'd have to pay a lot of compensation for him;

2) We identified him as number one target;

3) We contacted him but he wants to stay in England.

As I see it, a pretty clear picture has emerged. We are (or were) interested but we'd have to pay through the nose and he doesn't want the job anyway. Everything else appears to be straw-clutching based on the word of well-known attention-seekers on here and voodoo-esque belief in bookies' odds.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong but I just can't see this happening.

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Davie Deans said:

Stendel was offered the chance to come up and be interviewed. He declined that opportunity. He declined that opportunity because he wishes to remain in England. His agent who we have spoken to informed the club of this on Wednesday.

You stated earlier he was in talks with the club and the media were stirring it. Now he’s an option but we’re looking at others. 🤷‍♂️

And to think I got accused of covering my bases by others 🤣

Must’ve been sightseeing then. Hope he had a go on the Ferris wheel.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Austin is intelligent and good with the media if we win our next couple of matches he must be in with a chance.

Does anyone else think he looks like a young Bjorn Borg 😍

Looks **** all like Bjorn Borg bar the long hair and rubbish facial fluff.

@Iamborg looks MUCH more like the chap ypu're on about.

The rest of your post is pretty good, though.

If Mr the McPhee walks the walk then he deserves the gig.

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A lot of people seem to be making out there is a confusing or contradictory picture being painted here. All the media has reported is:

1) We'd have to pay a lot of compensation for him;

2) We identified him as number one target;

3) We contacted him but he wants to stay in England.

As I see it, a pretty clear picture has emerged. We are (or were) interested but we'd have to pay through the nose and he doesn't want the job anyway. Everything else appears to be straw-clutching based on the word of well-known attention-seekers on here and voodoo-esque belief in bookies' odds.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong but I just can't see this happening.

This pretty much sums it up. 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Must’ve been sightseeing then. Hope he had a go on the Ferris wheel.

He’ll be at the game tomorrow then?

Or have talks concluded (24 hours before our next game) and he’s away home without taking the opportunity to see us play?

Which would be strange if, as you state, he’ll be our next manager??

StevenNaismith
Just now, Davie Deans said:

He’ll be at the game tomorrow then?

Or have talks concluded (24 hours before our next game) and he’s away home without taking the opportunity to see us play?

Which would be strange if, as you state, he’ll be our next manager??

I’ll be at the game and if I see him I’ll take a picture and post it on here. I’ve no idea if he will be at the game, I do know that he was in Edinburgh I’m Wednesday and Thursday though.

13 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You took justification that your weren’t posting pish from a Sun article...really, that bastion of truth The Sun?

Then you have the audacity to say ‘forgive me for taking anything they say with a pinch of salt’ regarding The Daily Record.

Cringeworthy levels of contradiction.

Why would you need to take justification from The Sun if you’re being as honest as you say?

Why are you saying you hope you’re wrong...when you’re saying you know you’re right? That sounds a lot to me like you’re guessing...

Made it all up mate. You got me. I love nothing more than posting under my real name online and chatting dung.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ll be at the game and if I see him I’ll take a picture and post it on here. I’ve no idea if he will be at the game, I do know that he was in Edinburgh I’m Wednesday and Thursday though.

There won’t be a picture.

If he was in Edinburgh it wasn’t to speak to the club. His agent had already done that for him.

1 hour ago, 11 Craig Leveins said:

Stendel will be at Rugby Park tomorrow watch this space heard from my source 😉

Any credibility your post may have had, went clean out of  the window with your diabolical misuse of English.

south morocco
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Any credibility your post may have had, went clean out of  the window with your diabolical misuse of English.

Maybe he’s German 🥴

11 minutes ago, Staneman said:

Just give the gig to Gary Holt and let him kick a few erses ( Whighton and Clare in particular)

Rumour has it he doesn't even manage the club he is at

3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Maybe he’s German 🥴

:rofl:

Not embracing English as a first language, that’s for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Apparently there is an ignore function?

No one is forcing you to read anything.

Touchy

40 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Spot on. 
Absolutley no point in giving Mcphee the job. We need someone in who will have all the fans pulling in the same direction. 
A completely fresh start from the shambles we have had to endure over the last 3 years. By all means make him sporting director but definitely not the manager. 
I just don’t get why everything has to be so complicated all the time at Hearts. Just identify a manager and go and get him. Within budget obviously. 
Don’t come back after 6 weeks and appoint Mcann or Pressley or the like and say they were the best man for the job. That won’t wash this time. 

This.  I'm planning on getting a half season ticket but only if Mcphee is not given the job.  He had his opportunity to stake a claim for the job in that semi against Rangers.  He could not have fecked that up better if he tried.  We were served up an even more negative team selection and approach than Levein.  Something I thought was impossible.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  I'm planning on getting a half season ticket but only if Mcphee is not given the job.  He had his opportunity to stake a claim for the job in that semi against Rangers.  He could not have fecked that up better if he tried.  We were served up an even more negative team selection and approach than Levein.  Something I thought was impossible.  

I think tomorrow is a very good game to judge his ability 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Beat me to it I was just about to ask how many pages that saga went on for 

Apparently an earlier post suggested no decision (by the board) will be made until this thread reaches 50 pages. Looks like tomorrow or Sunday then! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

He had two days ffs.

Two.

Geoff Kilpatrick
37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm just replying to folk who replied to the point that fans can help sell the club to managers.

But yeah, you're right, nothing to see here. Fans hire planes all the time when their club is 3rd in the league. And all fans deface their own crest after some poor form. I'm sure "Hang [Insert name of owner who just saved the club here]" graffiti is extremely common. What's embarrassing is the lack of universal condemnation for that stuff.

Deary me.

Things of interest to prospective managers:-

What is my salary and length of contract?

What budget do I have for players?

What are your performance expectations?

Things of no interest:-

Anything Toque Jambo apparently found on Google.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me.

Things of interest to prospective managers:-

What is my salary and length of contract?

What budget do I have for players?

What are your performance expectations?

Things of no interest:-

Anything Toque Jambo apparently found on Google.

:laugh:

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He had two days ffs.

Two.

Yes and seven of our best players missing. Real opportunity to impress not! 

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That’s a wee bit harsh Randy Marsh , Rangers had a full squad not 1 injury no one returning from injury and on the back of decent win in Europe and results in the league , every time  someone in a Maroon shirt sneezes they are out for 3 months , we did ok up until Whelan went off and yet again it fell apart in Glasgow, hardly the game to pin a guys possible career on 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes and seven of our best players missing. Real opportunity to impress not! 

:thumbsup:

Some folk, eh?

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

He had  two days and half the team was missing. 

If that rangers team hadn't beaten that Hearts team, Gerrard should have Been sacked. 

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He had two days ffs.

Two.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had  two days and half the team was missing. 

If that rangers team hadn't beaten that Hearts team, Gerrard should have Been sacked. 

:greggy:

1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

This is my fear.  Surely Ann Budge isn't that clueless though?

I wouldn't be to sure she interviewed how many last time and then went with Levein???

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

I wouldn't be to sure she interviewed how many last time and then went with Levein???

Ferret face Davies laid down some home truths and suddenly Levein was appointed.

8 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

That’s a wee bit harsh Randy Marsh , Rangers had a full squad not 1 injury no one returning from injury and on the back of decent win in Europe and results in the league , every time  someone in a Maroon shirt sneezes they are out for 3 months , we did ok up until Whelan went off and yet again it fell apart in Glasgow, hardly the game to pin a guys possible career on 

It is harsh.  But Mcphee has little credit in the bank.  He has been the assistant during two of the worst runs of form in our history.  The fact he started Craig Shiteton in that match shows how clueless he is.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It is harsh.  But Mcphee has little credit in the bank.  He has been the assistant during two of the worst runs of form in our history.  The fact he started Craig Shiteton in that match shows how clueless he is.

And it proves how classless you are.

LarrysRightFoot

Heard nothing on the subject since last night. At that point he still wasn’t interested in talking to us. 

FWIW, I hope he’s in Edinburgh now and I hope he’s at Rugby park tomorrow as I’d quite like him to be our next manager. Despite what others think, I want to be wrong on what I’m posting. I’d happily take the ridicule if it meant him being appointed ahead of some others linked.

Have you heard of anything about potential interest in Warnock?

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Were you at the semi against Rangers?

We lost a game we were never going to win. We all knew how the game would play out so no point in pretending to still be raging over it now. 

I was over it an hour after the final whistle. 

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Were you at the semi against Rangers?

No.

I also wasn’t educated to ridicule/ abuse/ be childish about people’s names.

You obviously were.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

We lost a game we were never going to win. We all knew how the game would play out so no point in pretending to still be raging over it now. 

Merci, Monsieur.

My point exactly.  :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And it proves how classless you are.

In fairness he is completely awful...Wighton that is, not Randy Marsh. He'll never make it here (rightly or wrongly) as he's so emblematic of the Craig Levein debacle.

Austin knows the players and their strengths and weaknesses, 2 days isn't long but he'd best get used to it if he wants to be a manager in the modern game as it won't be unusual for him to prepare for 3 games in 7 days. Fair enough if he was a new guy who wasn't at the club, but he's been here long enough 

Edit: to be clear, I didn't expect us to win that game and don't blame him for that but what was served up was dreadful and isn't inadmissible in judging him for the managers role longer term.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

In fairness he is completely awful...Wighton that is, not Randy Marsh. He'll never make it here (rightly or wrongly) as he's so emblematic of the Craig Levein debacle.

Austin knows the players and their strengths and weaknesses, 2 days isn't long but he'd best get used to it if he wants to me a manager in the modern game as it won't be unusual for him to prepare for 3 games in 7 days. Fair enough if he was a new guy who wasn't at the club, but he's been here long enough 

I know you are right, Taff.  :thumbsup:

Just annoys me, this name calling nonsense, which is straight out of the playground.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I know you are right, Taff.  :thumbsup:

Just annoys me, this name calling nonsense, which is straight out of the playground.

Can't argue with that, there's no need really for it

Edited by Taffin

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Mate we got a thoroughly deserved draw against them just two weeks previously.  Surely it wasn't asking too much to show a bit more fight on the day.  The whole team selection was shambolic.

Horatio Caine

Could anybody point me in the direction of the thread on Stendel?  I thought I had found it but obviously not.

53 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Jesus!

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Could anybody point me in the direction of the thread on Stendel?  I thought I had found it but obviously not.

No, you found it but it's turned into a ITK self-importance contest coupled with others proving how guid Hearts men they really are!

• davemclaren locked this topic