Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sac said:

If we had a situation similar to Spurs whereby Levein had been punted & a Mourhino type replacement had been installed half a day later, then the position of MacPhee would would be entirely different, he’d have either been punted, remained as assistant(doubtful) or possibly got the SD role.

But because we don’t have this direct replacement we are now stuck with AM as interim manager for how long? The next game? Or the next one after that? or even permanent as many on here now are suggesting.

She did say 4-6 weeks tbf & who knows which way this is going to pan out but if we lose tomorrow then AM’s head is back on the block again

If the team show half as much balls as he showed today,  we will be alright 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

59 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I'm not against giving it to McPhee if he is the best candidate, but wouldn't putting anyone in on a test basis would prove the whole process a failure? I'd like whoever gets it needs to be backed as Levein/Cathro/Robbie were.

As you say, it depends on who the other candidates were. 

I see what you’re saying with regards to the process being a failure if we appointed MacPhee on a test basis. It would sort of say, we don’t believe the other candidates were good enough and also we don’t really fully trust the person we’re giving it to. 

MacPhee would be a gamble in the sense he hasn’t managed a club at this level but he has a shitload of experience as a Manager, (albeit at Junior level), as an analyst with Mexico at a WC, an Assistant at various levels, so in many respects he has served his apprenticeship. 

Sometimes you can’t find out how someone will do until you give them the reigns and we’ll never find out if MacPhee is any good or not unless he’s given that chance. 

From Hearts perspective it may be better saying we’ll take the gamble but we’ll reduce that gamble by not burdening ourselves with a manager on a long term contract that might need to be sacked in May. At the same time it gives Austin incentive to prove himself to win long term deal. 

It depends how he does in the interim though before we can say what his chances are. A win v Killie and a good performance v Rangers and he’s done himself no harm. Lose to Killie tomorrow and we’ll probably rule him out.

29 minutes ago, allyby said:

We could be relegated.

Very doubtful that we’ll be relegated. We might not improve much but we’re better than St Mirren. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If the team show half as much balls as he showed today,  we will be alright 

I hope the team wins, not for AM’s sake but for ours.

45 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'd guess similar to the package that may be offered to Stendel. Sorry but I thought that seemed obvious.

So why look at other options at the same budget at stendel and not just go for stendel?

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Daniel Stendel is enjoying a full lobster at Loch Fynne restaurant. 🦞

Is he aye

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sac said:

I hope the team wins, not for AM’s sake but for ours.

Yip absolutely. Admire his stance today,  but the next appointment has to be a good one. A solid one,  we could never say Austin is, you only need to look at Hearts fans to know knives are already sharp regardless of how he performed 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip absolutely. Admire his stance today,  but the next appointment has to be a good one. A solid one,  we could never say Austin is, you only need to look at Hearts fans to know knives are already sharp regardless of how he performed 

Totally.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I had kind of come to the conclusion that chances were McPhee might get the position for the remainder of the season before we started interviewing. My chain of thought was that we might take time until the end of the season to take a really good look at alternatives, whether presently employed or not, and give those showing any sort of interest more time to look at the players presently on board and what they thought they would be able to do with them and/or how much repair work was/is needed.

None of the candidates tick every box or come without some risk. Budge will hand over  her controlling interest early next year so it wouldn’t be a bad thing if she didn’t  saddle the club with an expensive manager on a long term deal. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Good to see all the daza bashers back out in force, glad to see your pettiness come out in rashes again.

Hmfcliam06 you constantly call me out or launch sly personal comments in my direction, why is this please? What is your issue? 

@hughesie27 Berra, Lafferty about 4 weeks before media got a sniff, and Naismith before media, aswell as 4 year deal etc. 

Stendel remains an option, one we are keen on, but we are now looking at other options within a similar budget.

Stendel was offered the chance to come up and be interviewed. He declined that opportunity. He declined that opportunity because he wishes to remain in England. His agent who we have spoken to informed the club of this on Wednesday.

You stated earlier he was in talks with the club and the media were stirring it. Now he’s an option but we’re looking at others. 🤷‍♂️

And to think I got accused of covering my bases by others 🤣

Just now, Davie Deans said:

Stendel was offered the chance to come up and be interviewed. He declined that opportunity. He declined that opportunity because he wishes to remain in England. His agent who we have spoken to informed the club of this on Wednesday.

You stated earlier he was in talks with the club and the media were stirring it. Now he’s an option but we’re looking at others. 🤷‍♂️

I think hearts are spinning this so showing they are going after him but with no chance of an appointment.  I think McPhee is on a trial basis and will get the job until end of season if results in short term are good

3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Sorry but u say Stendel declined the opportunity to be interviewed u standing by that? 

Bridge of Djoum
19 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So why look at other options at the same budget at stendel and not just go for stendel?

Whit?

In case he's not interested? 

Turns us down?

Are you serious?

Just now, 11 Craig Leveins said:

Stendel will be at Rugby Park tomorrow watch this space heard from my source 😉

If only it was Jack Ross oh wait 🤔

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

@Smith's right boot

The slaver carpet bombing has commenced ...

I’m gonna have to stick my iPhone in a bowl of rice, to sort it out after this! 

It's wetter on here than a hen party with Dancing Bear as the guest. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to love an ITK battle in public. Thankfully there are discreet people who share privately 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but u say Stendel declined the opportunity to be interviewed u standing by that? 

Heard nothing on the subject since last night. At that point he still wasn’t interested in talking to us. 

FWIW, I hope he’s in Edinburgh now and I hope he’s at Rugby park tomorrow as I’d quite like him to be our next manager. Despite what others think, I want to be wrong on what I’m posting. I’d happily take the ridicule if it meant him being appointed ahead of some others linked.

Just now, Davie Deans said:

Heard nothing on the subject since last night. At that point he still wasn’t interested in talking to us. 

FWIW, I hope he’s in Edinburgh now and I hope he’s at Rugby park tomorrow as I’d quite like him to be our next manager. Despite what others think, I want to be wrong on what I’m posting. I’d happily take the ridicule if it meant him being appointed ahead of some others linked.

Wrong. There's nothing more important than being proven right on the internet despite the consequences.

We're going to end up with Neil McCann i can just see it - 500 interviews like last time then we appoint a guy who's rubbish

Edited by rory78

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

We're going to end up with Neil McCann i can just rubbish - 6000 interviews like last time then we appoint a guy who's rubbish

That rumour just doesn't go away 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to love an ITK battle in public. Thankfully there are discreet people who share privately 

Apparently there is an ignore function?

No one is forcing you to read anything.

Leveins Battalion

Austin MacPhee doesn't have a clue what is happening himself yet a few chimps on here tell us there "sources" have been drip feeding then info :levein_interesting:

23 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

:spoton:

If Stendel did refuse the chance of talks then that should be it and we move on to others

He was not the only one to refuse either publicly or in private and that's how it goes for most clubs

I think Warnock has also refused behind the scenes

Robinson and McPhee's chances increase by the day

9 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Just that the record says otherwise something doesn't add up but agree I hope he is at Rugby Park tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just that the record says otherwise something doesn't add up but agree I hope he is at Rugby Park tomorrow 

The record didn't say he was interested in talking to us.

**off topic post**

The Record printed ‘the vow’ in 2014.

Forgive me for taking anything they have to say with a pinch of salt.

20 minutes ago, rory78 said:

We're going to end up with Neil McCann i can just see it - 500 interviews like last time then we appoint a guy who's rubbish

This is my fear.  Surely Ann Budge isn't that clueless though?

Leveins Battalion

Why are folk jizzing in their pants?Ann says 4 weeks!!!Have a night off,watch I'm a celebrity and we can chat with our sources at Rugby Park the morn 😄

49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Spot on. 
Absolutley no point in giving Mcphee the job. We need someone in who will have all the fans pulling in the same direction. 
A completely fresh start from the shambles we have had to endure over the last 3 years. By all means make him sporting director but definitely not the manager. 
I just don’t get why everything has to be so complicated all the time at Hearts. Just identify a manager and go and get him. Within budget obviously. 
Don’t come back after 6 weeks and appoint Mcann or Pressley or the like and say they were the best man for the job. That won’t wash this time. 

Edited by rick witter

Big Slim Stylee
48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Which, I think, is the reason he won’t ultimately get the manager position. It’s just too big a call in the current environment.

1 minute ago, Davie Deans said:

**off topic post**

The Record printed ‘the vow’ in 2014.

Forgive me for taking anything they have to say with a pinch of salt.

Sorry but didn't u take kudos and put up i told you so when someone put up a link from the sun or record yesterday maybe I'm mistaken 🤔bit pot kettle no 😂😂

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Spot on. 
Absolutley no point in giving Mcphee the job. We need someone in who will have all the fans pulling in the same direction. 
A completely fresh start from the shambles we have had to endure over the last 3 years. By all means make him sporting director but definitely not the manager. 
I just don’t get why everything has to be so complicated all the time at Hearts. Just identify a manager and go and get him. 

Honestly I have a fear that the next appointment will be as shoddy as the last two. I am not blaming anybody before I get abuse. The problem is that sometimes upper management just cannot see the wood for the trees and make blind faith appointments based on the devil they know. Although having just said that Hearts board could make what on paper looks to be an outstanding appointment and it just goes up the creek... the will still be slaughtered for it !

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, kimosavi said:

I googled Hearts and found none of the above 

Good to know! Doesn't mean it's ****ing embarrassing for our support though does it?

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The record didn't say he was interested in talking to us.

Sorry Agent ignore me I took that post the wrong way I understand what you meant now and agree 👍🇱🇻

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Wow.

So those things didn't happen and you don't think fans can help sell the club to candidates?

56 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

As you say, it depends on who the other candidates were. 

I see what you’re saying with regards to the process being a failure if we appointed MacPhee on a test basis. It would sort of say, we don’t believe the other candidates were good enough and also we don’t really fully trust the person we’re giving it to. 

MacPhee would be a gamble in the sense he hasn’t managed a club at this level but he has a shitload of experience as a Manager, (albeit at Junior level), as an analyst with Mexico at a WC, an Assistant at various levels, so in many respects he has served his apprenticeship. 

Sometimes you can’t find out how someone will do until you give them the reigns and we’ll never find out if MacPhee is any good or not unless he’s given that chance. 

From Hearts perspective it may be better saying we’ll take the gamble but we’ll reduce that gamble by not burdening ourselves with a manager on a long term contract that might need to be sacked in May. At the same time it gives Austin incentive to prove himself to win long term deal. 

It depends how he does in the interim though before we can say what his chances are. A win v Killie and a good performance v Rangers and he’s done himself no harm. Lose to Killie tomorrow and we’ll probably rule him out.

Very doubtful that we’ll be relegated. We might not improve much but we’re better than St Mirren. 

All very fair. It's obviously true as well that a short term deal could be best - someone above said Warnock till the end of season if we don't get someone young and exciting, which I reckon most would be for.

I suppose it's just apprehension over the club's, Ann's, ability to appoint a good manager, which to date has been based in good part on Levein's opinion, and now won't be. Got full faith in the process though!

Re: MacPhee, contrary to the views of others, if you can survive Cathro and Levein regimes untouched, he must be doing something right.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good to know! Doesn't mean it's ****ing embarrassing for our support though does it?

I think you're embarrassing yourself! :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

actually our form was so bad for so long that blame lies with the club. 

We were on great form when the plane stunt happened. And, no, there is no justification for defacing our own crest and "Hang Budge" graffiti.

Sorry but didn't u take kudos and put up i told you so when someone put up a link from the sun or record yesterday maybe I'm mistaken 🤔bit pot kettle no 😂😂

The Suns story last night gave me justification on my part that I wasn’t posting ‘pish’ (as @Deviskanhad said) and it was an all round girfuy to the many posters who had taken a similar stance to him. I’m posting in good faith believe it of not but retrospectively I’d agree, it wasn’t a good look.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think you're embarrassing yourself! :rofl:

I'm just replying to folk who replied to the point that fans can help sell the club to managers.

But yeah, you're right, nothing to see here. Fans hire planes all the time when their club is 3rd in the league. And all fans deface their own crest after some poor form. I'm sure "Hang [Insert name of owner who just saved the club here]" graffiti is extremely common. What's embarrassing is the lack of universal condemnation for that stuff.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We were on great form when the plane stunt happened. And, no, there is no justification for defacing our own crest and "Hang Budge" graffiti.

agreed.

3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

The Suns story last night gave me justification on my part that I wasn’t posting ‘pish’ (as @Deviskanhad said) and it was an all round girfuy to the many posters who had taken a similar stance to him. I’m posting in good faith believe it of not but retrospectively I’d agree, it wasn’t a good look.

You took justification that your weren’t posting pish from a Sun article...really, that bastion of truth The Sun?

Then you have the audacity to say ‘forgive me for taking anything they say with a pinch of salt’ regarding The Daily Record.

Cringeworthy levels of contradiction.

Why would you need to take justification from The Sun if you’re being as honest as you say?

Why are you saying you hope you’re wrong...when you’re saying you know you’re right? That sounds a lot to me like you’re guessing...

Edited by Deviskan

• davemclaren locked this topic