Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, RDSK said:

The guardian reports that Stendel was at Tynecastle this evening are correct. Not sure what happened at the meeting.

what guardian report? 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Someone made something up? On kickback? 

Not something I would ever do myself, but I believe it happens.

Arthur Morgan
21 minutes ago, RDSK said:

The guardian reports that Stendel was at Tynecastle this evening are correct. Not sure what happened at the meeting.

There is no Guardian report?

45 minutes ago, Homme said:

We lost a game we were never going to win. We all knew how the game would play out so no point in pretending to still be raging over it now. 

I was over it an hour after the final whistle. 

To be fair, it didn’t work but it nearly did. If we had been 0-0 at HT, then brought on Uche, Naismith and Walker (as planned) we could have pulled off a surprise. The timing of the goals and the injuries to Whelan and Smith killed us!

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I think hearts are spinning this so showing they are going after him but with no chance of an appointment.  I think McPhee is on a trial basis and will get the job until end of season if results in short term are good

I don't think Hearts are spinning anything. You think they'd pull the same shit twice?

49 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Have you heard of anything about potential interest in Warnock?

Nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sean Clare could confirm that.

He could certainly legitimately take the Prince Andrew approach and claim that he has no memory of the night in question. Neither would most of us.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  I'm planning on getting a half season ticket but only if Mcphee is not given the job.  He had his opportunity to stake a claim for the job in that semi against Rangers.  He could not have fecked that up better if he tried.  We were served up an even more negative team selection and approach than Levein.  Something I thought was impossible.  

I love reading kickback :)

Apologies, thought the guardian had announced that Stendel was at Tynecastle tonight. Nonetheless, he was. I guess this debacle gives away my ‘source’ as well. Oh well.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Apologies, thought the guardian had announced that Stendel was at Tynecastle tonight. Nonetheless, he was. I guess this debacle gives away my ‘source’ as well. Oh well.

He was at Tynecastle tonight? Aye okay pal, I believe you. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So those things didn't happen and you don't think fans can help sell the club to candidates?

Can't even remember what you said but if I replied "wow" then you were obviously talking shite. If you think managers are put off by how fans reacted to their last crap manager then you obviously aren't very switched on. We'll leave it there.

Posted on this subject in good faith. Got caught up in it all when folk were replying in a less than complimentary manner. More fool me. Will continue to watch from the sidelines.

Wish all the genuine Hearts fans on here nothing but the best and I hope DS has a change of ❤️.

Cheers, D.

👋🏻

8 minutes ago, RDSK said:

1 minute ago, Davie Deans said:

Posted on this subject in good faith. Got caught up in it all when folk were replying in a less than complimentary manner. More fool me. Will continue to watch from the sidelines.

Wish all the genuine Hearts fans on here nothing but the best and I hope DS has a change of ❤️.

Cheers, D.

👋🏻

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7c14205c476e8efdc7

Hampden Demolition
17 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Cheers, D.

👋🏻

Genuine Hearts fans 👀. Are you Mrs Budge herself?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes and seven of our best players missing. Real opportunity to impress not! 

....and a good chance the players had been told the team by Levein before his sacking, and definitely been preparing using Levein's tactics. MacPhee was almost in a catch 22 situation. 

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7c14205c476e8efdc7

Stendel’s reaction when he asked for £18k a week and was told he was only getting £4K?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

It is harsh.  But Mcphee has little credit in the bank.  He has been the assistant during two of the worst runs of form in our history.  The fact he started Craig Shiteton in that match shows how clueless he is.

He has lots of credit in my bank, for sure.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

And it proves how classless you are.

Agreed. Absolutely no need for it.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

In fairness he is completely awful...Wighton that is, not Randy Marsh. He'll never make it here (rightly or wrongly) as he's so emblematic of the Craig Levein debacle.

Austin knows the players and their strengths and weaknesses, 2 days isn't long but he'd best get used to it if he wants to be a manager in the modern game as it won't be unusual for him to prepare for 3 games in 7 days. Fair enough if he was a new guy who wasn't at the club, but he's been here long enough 

Edit: to be clear, I didn't expect us to win that game and don't blame him for that but what was served up was dreadful and isn't inadmissible in judging him for the managers role longer term.

I find it odd how people were criticising Levein by saying he is authoritarian and stubborn, yet as soon as he is gone, his assistants start to get blamed...smacks of having one's cake and eating it.

Coburg Hearts
40 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Ewan Murray is your source?

Governor Tarkin
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält;
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
von der Etsch bis an den Belt:
Über alles in der Welt!
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang:
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland

rudi must stay

For me MacPhee gave a strong and excellent press conference today. I think Ann Budge knows he is a strong candidate and the one we want and all he's doing right now is justifying that.

Stendel is a pie is a pipe dream and so far the rumours have no substance.

Just my opinion 

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

It is harsh.  But Mcphee has little credit in the bank.  He has been the assistant during two of the worst runs of form in our history.  The fact he started Craig Shiteton in that match shows how clueless he is.

Can’t argue with Craig Wighton being pish

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält;
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
von der Etsch bis an den Belt:
Über alles in der Welt!
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang:
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland

This.

BangkokHearts
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Stendel is a pie

What filling? Savoury or sweet?

The fans might find his appointment hard to swallow.

MacPhee rightly states he's won 4 out of 5 of the games under his charge.  Nothing much to go on and I'm sure he would acknowledge that.

The one he lost though is the one that interests me.  Still an injury ravaged squad against a side on top of their game and what happens.  Two of his key players come off injured in the first half.  Ferguson couldn't have salvaged that situation.

So his record is as good as it could have been.  Huge game for him today. Might just get him the job.

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Austin deserves the chance to be our manager. 

He has something about him.

:cornette:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Yeh let’s keep macphee on as head coach and that pair of useless pricks fox and Daly.

if macphee gets the gig it smacks of going for the cheap option imo.

that appointment would reek of Craig Levein and his promote from within project!!!

chester copperpot
24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Geoff.

It doesn't matter who we appoint. Some fans will be sceptical at best. The joy of social media is that it gives absolute idiots a voice.

I'd like to see what McPhee has. Very highly regarded in the game (as was Cathro so dunno how that may work out!).

Might be a cluster ****, might not. I'd like us to take a chance and see where we go. My first choice would be Strendel though. I love his philosophy, although think our team may not suit his style. Square pegs, round holes and all that.

From what I heard yesterday (from a player who was with us last year) is that Fox and Daly are being emptied. 

John Gentleman
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh let’s keep macphee on as head coach and that pair of useless pricks fox and Daly.

that appointment would reek of Craig Levein and his promote from within project!!!

Did we ever get to see the outcome of Budge's Footballing Dept review? All seems like a vague, distant memory now....

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Geoff.

It doesn't matter who we appoint. Some fans will be sceptical at best. The joy of social media is that it gives absolute idiots a voice.

I'd like to see what McPhee has. Very highly regarded in the game (as was Cathro so dunno how that may work out!).

Might be a cluster ****, might not. I'd like us to take a chance and see where we go. My first choice would be Strendel though. I love his philosophy, although think our team may not suit his style. Square pegs, round holes and all that.

From what I heard yesterday (from a player who was with us last year) is that Fox and Daly are being emptied. 

18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not just the cheap option but the easy option as well.  It would be great if Ann Budge appointed her own man instead this time.  We need a fresh change of direction.  

Edited by Randy Marsh

7 hours ago, Staneman said:

Just give the gig to Gary Holt and let him kick a few erses ( Whighton and Clare in particular)

Hi Gary. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Austin deserves the chance to be our manager. 

He has something about him.

:oohmatron:

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Geoff.

I hope it’s not the same source who told you we approached Motherwell for Robinson over a fortnight ago.......

1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

Did we ever get to see the outcome of Budge's Footballing Dept review? All seems like a vague, distant memory now....

Surely the firing of the most important man in the footballing department was a decent result of the review?

14 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

McPhee is to empty Fox & Daly and bring in Cathro as assistant.

Are we giving him £10k p/w like you claim Clare gets?

chester copperpot
29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I hope it’s not the same source who told you we approached Motherwell for Robinson over a fortnight ago.......

Haha. Fair point. We did approach Motherwell tho. 

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Haha. Fair point. We did approach Motherwell tho. 

Only we didn’t.

Source.....Ann Budge.

Geoff Kilpatrick
32 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Come on. The Lanarkshire Mourinho knows his stuff.

• davemclaren locked this topic