Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Geoff Kilpatrick
36 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

McPhee is to empty Fox & Daly and bring in Cathro as assistant.

Cool story.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

I am amazed anyone would want McPhee as Manager. Do these posters not attribute any of the blame for our performance under Cathro and Levein to him? The guy's an impostor whether he gives a great press conference or not. 

6 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I am amazed anyone would want McPhee as Manager. Do these posters not attribute any of the blame for our performance under Cathro and Levein to him? The guy's an impostor whether he gives a great press conference or not. 

How do you know he’s an imposter ?

Seriously......I need to know how you found this out.

4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I agree. Why would people think he is the answer because he gives a "good press conference "? Reminiscent of the previous "search" where Jon Daly was touted because he "didn't take any shit" from Brendan Rogers.

McPhee does not fit the criteria that AB herself set and it would be a monumental error to yet again go for the safe option. The SD yes, the manager, no. This has dragged on long enough now so hopefully she will be in a position to make an appointment next week. 

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

For me MacPhee gave a strong and excellent press conference today. I think Ann Budge knows he is a strong candidate and the one we want and all he's doing right now is justifying that.

Stendel is a pie is a pipe dream and so far the rumours have no substance.

Just my opinion 

McPhee loses today and the Kickback pendulum will be kicking his backside out the door

Giving McPhee the job would be a disaster and we will be demanding his head before the end of the season... due to him being connected to already 2 failed regimes at Tynecastle he will be given absolutely no bedding in time by an already dissillutioned Heart support 

This is a mess Anne Budge helped create but I don’t believe she has any football knowledge to help us get out of it.

14 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

4 wins out if 5 as manager for us.

Supported managers in post previously to do what they want. Did not run the team.

If he wins today 5 out of 6 wins as hearts manager.

As for imposter? No idea what you mean.

I wouldn't be against him being appointed. And that's on the basis of the games he has managed us for. And while he keeps winning, I'm not bothered how long the search goes on for.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

the style of football we played against st Mirren was so entirely different to what was served up under levein I’m left wondering how much influence he actually had, I’m intrigued to see if it continues, he is certainly saying it will continue as well and having a pretty hard and accurate dih at the BBC.

other than Stendel Who I think would unite the support, I don’t see an obvious candidate , certainly no one who I’d put in place without giving Austin a wee crack first.. 

if Stendel is a no- go I’d give it to Austin till the end of the season and I’d let him empty Daly a Fox 

You heard MacPhee in the presser, his remit was to help the manager play his way, to support CL's mindnumbingly depressing style. That's what all assistants do. 

If you really think that being a young ambitious guy who has travelled the world learning different footballing cultures translates into the same tactics as CL would dish up, then you are an idiot. 

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

You heard MacPhee in the presser, his remit was to help the manager play his way, to support CL's mindnumbingly depressing style. That's what all assistants do. 

If you really think that being a young ambitious guy who has travelled the world learning different footballing cultures translates into the same tactics as CL would dish up, then you are an idiot. 

Good points mate however I think levein’s tactics over the period combined with horrible results have the fans lumping the whole coaching management with the blame rightly or wrongly. I don’t mind Austin but feel at this juncture we need a new broom to sweep into tynecastle 

Edited by Clerry Jambo

I said previously that I'd love Warnock to be manager for a couple of seasons. If he has said he has retired then for me Stendel is the choice. If he believes Barnsley is preferable to Edinburgh then fair enough (seriously?!). I wouldn't be against McPhee getting the gig but he would have no grace period and the first sign of difficulty would not go well with the fans. 

I agree with the poster who said this is being treated like advertising for an internal vacancy for marketing manager. 

When Levein was appointed after a thorough and rigorous search that brought in many high class applications I just thought, aye right, saving some money there. 

Here we are, a few weeks down the line and still no appointment.  I think I'm going to stick some money on McPhee. 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Good points mate however I think levein’s tactics over the period combined with horrible results have the fans lumping the whole coaching management with the blame rightly or wrongly. I don’t mind Austin but feel at his juncture we need a new broom to sweep into tynecastle 

Remains to be seen I guess Clerry. We dont know for sure whether the St Mirren game was Austins Influence or if the players themselves just felt liberated. That'll become evident the longer Austin is in charge. 

To me it felt like a breath of fresh air. 

57 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I want the best manager we can get. I think we can get a safer bet than MacPhee.

But fans need to stop coming out with BBC-esque  levels of argument re MacPhee.

If MacPhee is damned by association with Levein and Cathro why is he not lauded to the hilt for being part of the management team that has taken NI from 125 in the world to where they are now?

MacPhee made the point - some might say he would say that - but his job has been to help Cathro and Levein to implement their style of football. Cathro and Levein has different styles of football so how is MacPhee a common denominator in all of this other than by simply existing?

Its clear he has his own ideas. That should be blindingly obvious. 

Edited by Jammy T

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes and seven of our best players missing. Real opportunity to impress not! 

You're not allowed to mention missing players on here.  The gang wtll be after you.

12 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Good to see all the daza bashers back out in force, glad to see your pettiness come out in rashes again.

Hmfcliam06 you constantly call me out or launch sly personal comments in my direction, why is this please? What is your issue? 

@hughesie27 Berra, Lafferty about 4 weeks before media got a sniff, and Naismith before media, aswell as 4 year deal etc. 

Stendel remains an option, one we are keen on, but we are now looking at other options within a similar budget.

You talk shite bud.

Your last paragraph is the perfect example. Regurgitating either what others or media have said.

Carry on though, it's actually pretty funny.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

MacPhee made the point - some might say he would say that - but his job has been to help Cathro and Levein to implement their style of football. Cathro and Levein has different styles of football so how is MacPhee a common denominator in all of this other than existing.

Tbh you could also make the argument that if McPhee is to blame for Cathro and Levein why did we sack them and not McPhee?

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh you could also make the argument that if McPhee is to blame for Cathro and Levein why did we sack them and not McPhee?

Thats what some people are saying.

But how do you square that argument against What has been achieved at NI whilst he has been there?

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the style of football we played against st Mirren was so entirely different to what was served up under levein I’m left wondering how much influence he actually had, I’m intrigued to see if it continues, he is certainly saying it will continue as well and having a pretty hard and accurate dih at the BBC.

other than Stendel Who I think would unite the support, I don’t see an obvious candidate , certainly no one who I’d put in place without giving Austin a wee crack first.. 

if Stendel is a no- go I’d give it to Austin till the end of the season and I’d let him empty Daly a Fox 

I'm on this train until this afternoon.

Just now, Jammy T said:

But how do you square that argument against What has been achieved at NI whilst he has been there?

You can’t, ditto his successful spell at St Mirren.

He doesn’t deserve complete blame for Cathro and Leveins times or likewise complete credit for the successes elsewhere as until ‘now’ he’s never been the one making the real decisions.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

I want the best manager we can get. I think we can get a safer bet than MacPhee.

But fans need to stop coming out with BBC-esquire levels of argument re MacPhee.

If MacPhee is damned by association with Levein and Cathro why is he not lauded to the hilt for being part of the management team that has taken NI from 125 in the world to where they are now?

agreed, but do you assess it?

Is McCall/Irvine?Robinson better than McPhee ?  

Dr AB has cornered herself with her remit. The manager should be headhunted, not selected from a list of interviewees.

If it is true about Robinson saying "Only interview me if you have me as No1 target" I entirely agree with him.

I am now resigned to the thought that Stendl/Warnock are beyond our salary expectations.

This leaves us the names above.

I also had a chance conversation recently with somebody with connections to a player which, if I had had that conversation earlier, would have changed my mind against Levein completely.

Having has that conversation and having seen how Uche was utilised against St Mirren, for example, it is clear to me not only that MacPhee is definitely his own man and, despite his protestations, I would suggest that Levein had lost the dressing room, or key figures in it.

Edited by Jammy T

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You can’t, ditto his successful spell at St Mirren.

He doesn’t deserve complete blame for Cathro and Leveins times or likewise complete credit for the successes elsewhere as until ‘now’ he’s never been the one making the real decisions.

Correct. 

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You talk shite bud.

Your last paragraph is the perfect example. Regurgitating either what others or media have said.

Carry on though, it's actually pretty funny.

No worries. 

Looking at other options similar to Stendel's budget because Budge wants to make the right appointment and interview a few more to make the best decision on who is the one to take us forward.

Talks have taken place with Stendel. That is fact. As with any interview process its about making the right decision from a select few candidates. We have 3 more interviews to conduct before any appointment will be decided. 

Interested to hear what you have been told Liam seeing as I talk shite, what input you got? 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

agreed, but do you assess it?

Is McCall/Irvine?Robinson better than McPhee ?  

Dr AB has cornered herself with her remit. The manager should be headhunted, not selected from a list of interviewees.

If it is true about Robinson saying "Only interview me if you have me as No1 target" I entirely agree with him.

I am now resigned to the thought that Stendl/Warnock are beyond our salary expectations.

This leaves us the names above.

That’s the difficulty for a club like ourselves. We aren’t Spurs and can’t just pull Mourhino out the bag.

We will nearly always have a large degree of uncertainty about whether who we appoint is a better choice than another contender.

I guess that’s why you can’t criticise the club for going thorough as wide and through a recruitment process as they can - and are doing.

Edited by Jammy T

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Just playing devils advocate here. NI are good because of his influence but it’s not his fault we’re shite?

He’s not my preference but I’d choose him over that whiney twat Robinson TBH

13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

MacPhee made the point - some might say he would say that - but his job has been to help Cathro and Levein to implement their style of football. Cathro and Levein has different styles of football so how is MacPhee a common denominator in all of this other than by simply existing?

Well said Jammy T. The levels of criticism against AM for a flawed regime is not the fault of AM directly or indirectly.

I hope he makes all the doubters eat their words! 

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just playing devils advocate here. NI are good because of his influence but it’s not his fault we’re shite?

He’s not my preference but I’d choose him over that whiney twat Robinson TBH

Yep - get the point although that wasn’t my point. My point was if you are going to use that sort of argument against him you can’t ignore the good times 

My point was - I believe him when he says his job until now has been to implement someone else’s ideas not his own.

And it is clear by inference and conduct so far IMO that he wants to play the game much differently than Levein did.

Edited by Jammy T

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yep - get the point although that wasn’t my point. My point was if you are going to use that sort of argument against him you can’t ignore the good times 

My point was - I believe him when he says his job until now has been to implement someone else’s ideas not his own.

And it is clear by inference and conduct so far IMO that he wants to play the game much more differently than Levein did.

JT all I, and I’m sure most of us want is a winning Hearts team which gets us off our seats now and again.

I wasn’t at the St Mirren game as was grafting but, by all accounts it was chalk and cheese with a CL performance.

My preference would be a Stendel type, unafraid of the OF but if it’s your McCann’s, McCalls, Holts he’s up against we’re as well giving him a chance.

FWIW I don’t think Mrs B will go with Austin as manager but, looking at the names mentioned we could do worse.

Is that what you want in a manager though? Not that he’s the best candidate but “we could have got worse”

Edited by Jamhammer

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

JT all I, and I’m sure most of us want is a winning Hearts team which gets us off our seats now and again.

I wasn’t at the St Mirren game as was grafting but, by all accounts it was chalk and cheese with a CL performance.

My preference would be a Stendel type, unafraid of the OF but if it’s your McCann’s, McCalls, Holts he’s up against we’re as well giving him a chance.

FWIW I don’t think Mrs B will go with Austin as manager but, looking at the names mentioned we could do worse.

I totally agree with you on all of that.

11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No worries. 

Looking at other options similar to Stendel's budget because Budge wants to make the right appointment and interview a few more to make the best decision on who is the one to take us forward.

Talks have taken place with Stendel. That is fact. As with any interview process its about making the right decision from a select few candidates. We have 3 more interviews to conduct before any appointment will be decided. 

Interested to hear what you have been told Liam seeing as I talk shite, what input you got? 

I've been told we are talking to 4 possible candidates. 2 of them have previous experience of managing in Scotland. 1 has managed in a top league in Europe and the other is completely left-field.

Don't want to name names though, I've been sworn to secrecy. We'll just have to wait and see who's right eh?

The rest of your post is spot on though, Barry Anderson told us all of that a few days ago 👍

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've been told we are talking to 4 possible candidates. 2 of them have previous experience of managing in Scotland. 1 has managed in a top league in Europe and the other is completely left-field.

Don't want to name names though, I've been sworn to secrecy. We'll just have to wait and see who's right eh?

The rest of your post is spot on though, Barry Anderson told us all of that a few days ago 👍

how would you rate each of those on a scale of 1-10?

Serge Pizzorno
19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I also had a chance conversation recently with somebody with connections to a player which, if I had had that conversation earlier, would have changed my mind against Levein completely.

Having has that conversation and having seen how Uche was utilised against St Mirren, for example, it is clear to me not only that MacPhee is definitely his own man and, despite his protestations, I would suggest that Levein had lost the dressing room, or key figures in it.

This. 

Two of these players were Whelan and Berra, arguably our most experienced players in the dressing room at that time.

1 minute ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

This. 

Two of these players were Whelan and Berra, arguably our most experienced players in the dressing room at that time.

The latter was mentioned to me and an argument that took place with Levein in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

8.5/10 probably 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but that sounds positive - so your happy with the list?

Serge Pizzorno
Just now, Jammy T said:

The latter was mentioned to me and an argument that took place with Levein in the dressing room.

Same here, with regards to having no game plan and its always unto Uche, presume you were told similar

21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No worries. 

Yes and he has told us he’s not interested at this time unfortunately 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Jambo647 said:

Giving McPhee the job would be a disaster and we will be demanding his head before the end of the season... due to him being connected to already 2 failed regimes at Tynecastle he will be given absolutely no bedding in time by an already dissillutioned Heart support 

I don’t agree that it is a given that McPhee would be a disaster. 

He has a 80% win ratio at Hearts, He has won the LC and is part of a very successful NI set up.

A win today would make him a very strong candidate.

37 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Right to the heart of the matter as usual. Big part of blame at tynie, zero credit for impact in same position with NI. Only on jkb

LarrysRightFoot
9 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

Nothing at all.

So as it stands, from what you have said Stendel and Warnock are not in the running.

If that leaves those who the press are reporting to have been interviewed, it’s underwhelming in the extreme.

25 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That’s the difficulty for a club like ourselves. We aren’t Spurs and can’t just pull Mourhino out the bag.

We will nearly always have a large degree of uncertainty about whether who we appoint is a better choice than another contender.

I guess that’s why you can’t criticise the club for going thorough as wide and through a recruitment process as they can - and are doing.

It’s pretty clear from the process that no manager worth his salt outside of Scotland is interested in working in Scotland. A sign of how far Scottish domestic football has fallen in most folks eyes. Tough job finding a manager given all that’s left are the usual suspects that come up every time a post is vacant. But that’s where we were it seems. As a result I think she should take as long as it takes to find and persuade someone from outwith the usual suspects regardless of the supposed risk even if it means an interim manager until next summer. 

8 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Same here, with regards to having no game plan and its always unto Uche, presume you were told similar

yep - a bit more but that’s the basics

1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

4 wins out if 5 as manager for us.

Supported managers in post previously to do what they want. Did not run the team.

If he wins today 5 out of 6 wins as hearts manager.

As for imposter? No idea what you mean.

I wouldn't be against him being appointed. And that's on the basis of the games he has managed us for. And while he keeps winning, I'm not bothered how long the search goes on for.

That semi final against Rangers tells me he is not the man for the job. The worst team selection possible, dire tactics, and well beaten without an ounce of fight. No thanks.

SomethingAboutObua

Stendel would be my first choice but if he  genuinely sees Yorkshire and League One as a better option to having challenging the OF on your CV and living in Edinburgh and isn’t interested, then I’d have MacPhee as first choice, well before Robinson 

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That semi final against Rangers tells me he is not the man for the job. The worst team selection possible, dire tactics, and well beaten without an ounce of fight. No thanks.

So you chose one game out of 5?

How can the semi final tell you anything?

He had 2 days to prepare for a game where the team had already been set out how to play the game the first half of the week by Levein.

Would you have ditched Red Adair because he didn’t get the fire out within 5 minutes?

Edited by Jammy T

kingantti1874
Just now, Jammy T said:

How can the semi final tell you anything?

He had 2 days to prepare for a game where the team had already been set out how to play the game the first half of the week by Levein.

Would you have ditched Red Adair because he didn’t get the fire out within 5 minutes?

Exactly, no way you can judge him on that.

he has to get results and performances though starting today

25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Are these candidates of a higher calibre than the 1s the press have mentioned we've interviewed?

• davemclaren locked this topic