Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly, no way you can judge him on that.

he has to get results and performances though starting today

I agree - although he started that one game ago - so I’d say ‘continuing today’

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

the style of football we played against st Mirren was so entirely different to what was served up under levein I’m left wondering how much influence he actually had, I’m intrigued to see if it continues, he is certainly saying it will continue as well and having a pretty hard and accurate dih at the BBC.

other than Stendel Who I think would unite the support, I don’t see an obvious candidate , certainly no one who I’d put in place without giving Austin a wee crack first.. 

if Stendel is a no- go I’d give it to Austin till the end of the season and I’d let him empty Daly a Fox 

Stendel I'm dead against. Others would soon follow I'm sure,  when inevitably it falls apart in the dream 

Ernie Eskilsson
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

4 wins out if 5 as manager for us.

Supported managers in post previously to do what they want. Did not run the team.

If he wins today 5 out of 6 wins as hearts manager.

As for imposter? No idea what you mean.

I wouldn't be against him being appointed. And that's on the basis of the games he has managed us for. And while he keeps winning, I'm not bothered how long the search goes on for.

He may not have run the team but he was on the touchline with Levein being regularly consulted re tactics and substitutions. I assume he was similarly involved in tactical and selection discussions pre-match. He’s a central part of the outgoing regime.

Samuel Camazzola
27 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've been told we are talking to 4 possible candidates. 2 of them have previous experience of managing in Scotland. 1 has managed in a top league in Europe and the other is completely left-field.

Don't want to name names though, I've been sworn to secrecy. We'll just have to wait and see who's right eh?

The rest of your post is spot on though, Barry Anderson told us all of that a few days ago 👍

Where does the bar get set for a league to be deemed a top one? Switzerland? Scandinavia? Or is Mad Eddie coming back to conclude some unfinished business? 😄

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

How can the semi final tell you anything?

He had 2 days to prepare for a game where the team had already been set out how to play the game the first half of the week by Levein.

Would you have ditched Red Adair because he didn’t get the fire out within 5 minutes?

Maybe the reaction was over the top but we wanted a reaction from the change of manager and it was a limp performance with a ridiculous team selection. 

Just need to see what Michael O’Neill did with his first game with Stoke: simple formation that the players were comfortable with and players playing in their natural position. Plus a lot of fight. 

On the flip side, if that selection and tactic was a Levein one then thank feck we are rid of him. 

Just now, Ernie Eskilsson said:

He may not have run the team but he was on the touchline with Levein being regularly consulted re tactics and substitutions. I assume he was similarly involved in tactical and selection discussions pre-match. He’s a central part of the outgoing regime.

Consulted re Levein’s own tactics

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe the reaction was over the top but we wanted a reaction from the change of manager and it was a limp performance with a ridiculous team selection. 

Just need to see what Michael O’Neill did with his first game with Stoke: simple formation that the players were comfortable with and players playing in their natural position. Plus a lot of fight. 

On the flip side, if that selection and tactic was a Levein one then thank feck we are rid of him. 

I get your point - the least that should have been expected would be more fight even if it was too late to change tactics.

Cant ignore though how much of an impact getting rid of your manager has on players just before a game though.

Edited by Jammy T

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So you chose one game out of 5?

He had 2 days to prepare for a game where the team had already been set out how to play the game the first half of the week by Levein.

Would you have ditched Red Adair because he didn’t get the fire out within 5 minutes?

So it was Leveins idea to start with Wighton and Maclean up top?

Just now, 1874robbo said:

How much choice was there with our best attackers not fully fit?

Just now, Jammy T said:

How much choice was there with our best attackers not fully fit?

A half fit Naismith or Uche would have been better and imo you always start a game with your strongest team whether they’re fully fit or not, especially a cup semi final.

if not a game can be gone before you even have a chance to get them on!!

which is how it panned out.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

not a mistake he’d be likely to make again I’d think.. 

im more bothered about how he approaches the fixtures against the likes of killie..

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I get your point - the least that should have been expected would be more fight even if it was too late to change tactics.

Cant ignore though how much of an impact getting rid of your manager has on players just before a game though.

True, but you just know that if we were playing a club that has sacked a struggling manager then we would be on the receiving end of a rebound  

With the winner scored by some donkey who hasn’t scored in 20 games. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

im more bothered about how he approaches the fixtures against the likes of killie..

True 👍🏻

So you chose one game out of 5?

No, but I’d ditch Red Adair if he turned up with a can of squirty cream to put the fire out!!! That team selection was possibly the worst one he could have made. Beat before we even started. Tactically poor, and not one bit of fight. It was embarrassing.  Even if he had to go with the tactics Levein put in place it was his job to motivate the players. It was the most gutless performance I’ve seen from a Hearts team at Hampden. Convenient to just forget that game though. A semi final.

As for the game against St Mirren. For the first half hour I kept checking the dug out to see if Levein was still there. We were pish.  Don’t let five goals against a terrible St Mirren team fool you that things have changed that much. To me the return of Naismith was the biggest factor.

We’ll see what today brings. Kilmarnock are not the same team as they were under Clarke so, with Naismith and others back, we have a good chance.  Let’s see how that pans out.

FWIW I like McPhee. I would be happy if he gets the SD role as I think he has a lot to give. Managers job, no thanks.

I’d like to hope not.

i want him to set us up to win every game not just the likes of killie.

sick of managers at our club who shit the bed at the mere mention of the old firm!!

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

A half fit Naismith or Uche would have been better and imo you always start a game with your strongest team whether they’re fully fit or not, especially a cup semi final.

if not a game can be gone before you even have a chance to get them on!!

which is how it panned out.

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Strangely enough I’m more bothered about trying to win cup semi-finals.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No, but I’d ditch Red Adair if he turned up with a can of squirty cream to put the fire out!!! That team selection was possibly the worst one he could have made. Beat before we even started. Tactically poor, and not one bit of fight. It was embarrassing.  Even if he had to go with the tactics Levein put in place it was his job to motivate the players. It was the most gutless performance I’ve seen from a Hearts team at Hampden. Convenient to just forget that game though. A semi final.

As for the game against St Mirren. For the first half hour I kept checking the dug out to see if Levein was still there. We were pish.  Don’t let five goals against a terrible St Mirren team fool you that things have changed that much. To me the return of Naismith was the biggest factor.

We’ll see what today brings. Kilmarnock are not the same team as they were under Clarke so, with Naismith and others back, we have a good chance.  Let’s see how that pans out.

FWIW I like McPhee. I would be happy if he gets the SD role as I think he has a lot to give. Managers job, no thanks.

Agree with every point there 👍🏻

I have no idea what’s going to happen. I’m also fairly sure nobody at the club knows for sure yet either. Some of the names are interesting but every single one has an element of gamble to it.

When levein was removed from the managers job I did feel McPhee should probably have went as well as he was assistant to two Cathro and CL. I’m glad I’m not in charge as I’ve changed my mind about him recently. He’s saying the right things and last weekend saw a reinvigorated side. He might just be getting lucky due to our best players making a return but he seems like he has his ideas and a strong attitude about him. I met before at that meet the manager  thing and he came across really well. Like I say though I have no idea what’s going to happen. However, let’s see what he can do the next few games. I really don’t care who is in charge as long as we are getting the results. If that’s McPhee the. It’s fine by me. 

Stendel sounds an an interesting one too and if we could get someone like his in it would be great as a lot of fans would unite behind this guy. If he can and McPhee takes the sporting director job then that sounds like the most exciting prospect of all the possibilities out there for us. Who knows though and time will tell. 

I trust the powers that be will make the best choice available to us and I’m glad they are not rushing into a quick decision. In the past the only management decision I disliked at the time was the neillson one but that turned out very well. The Cathro one was an exciting prospect but turned into a disaster. Levein I thought was a solid choice and it was for a bit then went wrong. Suppose my point is that like almost everyone I don’t have a clue! Let’s hope McPhee gets a result again today as all I want to see is my team winning. Let’s be patient and see what happens. Mon the JT’s. 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d like to hope not.

i want him to set us up to win every game not just the likes of killie.

sick of managers at our club who shit the bed at the mere mention of the old firm!!

agreed, but first step is setting up to win away against the likes of killie.

today will tell us a lot

pereira

smith

berra 

Clevid

Hickey

whelen

Damour 

walker or meshino

Jake

Uche

Naismith

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

That’s the difficulty for a club like ourselves. We aren’t Spurs and can’t just pull Mourhino out the bag.

We will nearly always have a large degree of uncertainty about whether who we appoint is a better choice than another contender.

I guess that’s why you can’t criticise the club for going thorough as wide and through a recruitment process as they can - and are doing.

I am critisising AB, though.

Yes, cast the net for applicants. But target from there.

Don't all and sundry. Interview with the intent of employing there and then.

Clearly, the St Mirren game was a big improvement. Question is whether it was because Levein had gone or Naismith had returned, or something to do with McPhee (who I want to stay tbc).

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Clearly, the St Mirren game was a big improvement. Question is whether it was because Levein had gone or Naismith had returned, or something to do with McPhee (who I want to stay tbc).

maybe a bit of all of these, one thing I’d say is we pressed high, and when we were 5-2 up McPhee was still screaming at them to push forward and get more.. That would never have happened under levein.. Naismith obviously helps with that as he’s so good at it... we were a bit slack at the back which you can forgive flipping the style instantly like that.  Another thing I’d say is that was probably bozanic best game for us.. stopped passing it sideways all of the time..

today will be interesting, first time we can put Whelan and naisy on the same pitch which will be very interesting as those boys are different level

40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

today will tell us a lot

pereira

smith

berra 

Clevid

Hickey

whelen

Damour 

walker or meshino

Jake

Uche

Naismith

Smith and Berra must start together in the centre.  Look at the goals we’ve lost under any other pairing this season. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Smith and Berra must start together in the centre.  Look at the goals we’ve lost under any other pairing this season. 

true.. would rather 3 at the back then as don’t like hickey at RB.. unfair to him.. 

true.. would rather 3 at the back then as don’t like hickey at RB.. unfair to him.. 

Agree about Hickey. Don’t know why we always look so shit with three at the back. There’s always Brandon😎

kingantti1874
Just now, GinRummy said:

Agree about Hickey. Don’t know why we always look so shit with three at the back. There’s always Brandon😎

😂 we will improve enormously with Halkett, Souttar and Haring back.. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, but you just know that if we were playing a club that has sacked a struggling manager then we would be on the receiving end of a rebound  

With the winner scored by some donkey who hasn’t scored in 20 games. 

Don’t disagree - but that is at least 75% the players’ responsibility.

It seems that they were more worn down behind the scenes than I had thought possible.

No matter what we think - we are dealing with human beings here.

Anyway - responding to another poster - people can say what they like about St Mirren but they have one of the tightest defences in the league and we don’t score 5 goals very often.

That result was after MacPhee had a full week.

And I’ll repeat to those moaning about the first 30 mins of performance - STOP BEING ****ING HIBS.

Results business. We got a result. We scored a few goals. Big tick. Stop ****ing moaning about style.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

It seems that they were more worn down behind the scenes than I had thought possible.

Anyway - responding to another poster - people can say what they like about St Mirren but they have one of the tightest defences in the league and we don’t score 5 goals very often.

And I’ll repeat to those moaning about the first 30 mins of performance - STOP BEING ****ING HIBS.

Results business. We got a result. We scored a few goals. Big tick. Stop ****ing moaning about style.

Regardless of what you think about Austin, this post is bang on the cash.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think your mis interpreting the points being raised about style, it’s not about about playing with flair.. 

it is about playing on the front foot, pressuring the opposition, running off the ball, trying to score goals.

couldn’t give a **** about flair but cannot  stand to watch slow turgid, low energy talentless  football where we sit back all the time..

I also don’t want to see us kick for touch from the kickoff.. that’s just fecking embarrassing that.

edit: I may have mid read your post. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Holyrood_Hearts

Spot on. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think your mis interpreting the points being raised about style, it’s not about about playing with flair.. 

it is about playing on the front foot, pressuring the opposition, running off the ball, trying to score goals.

couldn’t give a **** about flair but cannot  stand to watch slow turgid, low energy talentless  football where we sit back all the time..

I also don’t want to see us kick for touch from the kickoff.. that’s just fecking embarrassing that.

edit: I may have mid read your post. 

Re your last paragraph - Edouard did exactly that same thing in the first Old Firm game this season - funnily enough after we had done it to them.

It was explained after - and apparently accepted by the media - was that it got them territory from which they could challenge high up the pitch 10 seconds into the game before Rangers had settled.

Edouard is a much more talented player than any we have yet adopted a tactic he picked up from us....

Anyway - old ground....

Edited by Jammy T

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

today will tell us a lot

pereira

smith

berra 

Clevid

Hickey

whelen

Damour 

walker or meshino

Jake

Uche

Naismith

Not sure I'd risk Naismith on that surface.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Where does the bar get set for a league to be deemed a top one? Switzerland? Scandinavia? Or is Mad Eddie coming back to conclude some unfinished business? 😄

Honestly mate I couldn't possibly say, it could give the name away. 

But do trust me, we ARE speaking with other candidates.

26 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Fully agree about the St Mirren game. We are not good enough to dominate for 90 minutes and I’ll never be negative about scoring 5. Especially against that lot. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s pretty clear from the process that no manager worth his salt outside of Scotland is interested in working in Scotland. A sign of how far Scottish domestic football has fallen in most folks eyes. Tough job finding a manager given all that’s left are the usual suspects that come up every time a post is vacant. But that’s where we were it seems. As a result I think she should take as long as it takes to find and persuade someone from outwith the usual suspects regardless of the supposed risk even if it means an interim manager until next summer. 

It's all about the money.

Teams down south getting money chucked at them.

We want a manager from England we have to go down to League One as Championship and Premier League are just way out of our reach.

The best chance we have is to dig up a diamond out of the Scottish league.

That would point to Austin McPhee .

In the absence of any stand out candidates we should give him a chance to the end of the season at least.

12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not something I would ever do myself, but I believe it happens.

The Mill?

Just now, luckydug said:

It's all about the money.

Teams down south getting money chucked at them.

We want a manager from England we have to go down to League One as Championship and Premier League are just way out of our reach.

The best chance we have is to dig up a diamond out of the Scottish league.

That would point to Austin McPhee .

In the absence of any stand out candidates we should give him a chance to the end of the season at least.

Why would a club the size of Hearts give the job to a rookie like Austin? Ann herself said we were looking for a highly experienced manager. Makes no sense.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Mate we got a thoroughly deserved draw against them just two weeks previously.  Surely it wasn't asking too much to show a bit more fight on the day.  The whole team selection was shambolic.

You must know the difference of playing the of at Tynecastle via in Glasgow. 

I want that to change but Ffs, 3-0 is hardly a shock through there. 

That rangers team beat Porto 2-0 in Glasgow days later, put 5 and 6 past Aberdeen and Hibs as well. 

It was baffling to start Maclean instead of Uche, but apart from that there was nothing else anyone could do. 

Whelan went off. 

No

Naismith 

Walker

Mulrany 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring

Damour 

Washington 

Even Wighton was starting his second game in 6 months or somthing. 

I don't want Macphee as manager but at least be balanced when discussing him. 

Imo Wighton wasn't the worst player either. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Halkett could be involved today. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That rangers team beat Porto 2-0 in Glasgow days later, put 5 and 6 past Aberdeen and Hibs as well. 

It was baffling to start Maclean instead of Uche, but apart from that there was nothing else anyone could do. 

Whelan went off. 

No

Naismith 

Walker

Mulrany 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring

Damour 

Washington 

You didn’t answer his point about lack of fight. Even Michael Smith slated his team mates for it. A 3-0 result is excusable against Rangers but the performance was poor.

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why would a club the size of Hearts give the job to a rookie like Austin? Ann herself said we were looking for a highly experienced manager. Makes no sense.

For me , only on an interim basis until an experienced manager that they want becomes available. Of course by that time we may have gone 25 games unbeaten in the league which would change a lot of perceptions re Austin. Unlikely though imo but one can only hope. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whelan went off. 

No

Naismith 

Walker

Mulrany 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring

Damour 

Washington 

Yep, virtually the entire first team missing but that doesn’t matter to some. We would be looking forward to a cup final if Rangers had been without their entire first choice eleven 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

What filling? Savoury or sweet?

The fans might find his appointment hard to swallow.

Steak and Ale 😉

• davemclaren locked this topic