John Gentleman
3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

It's not a little bit funny...

...that feeling inside,

you make songs up all night,

and they don't f****n rhyme!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe Stendel googled us and saw some Hearts fans mounted a campaign to get rid of the manager when we were 3rd in the league, painted graffiti about hanging the person who saved the club just a few years ago and defaced the club crest that was a centrepiece of a brand new stand? 

As fans we can help sell the club to potential candidates. Like the videos and articles about Barnsley fans and Stendel. Shame the above is what someone who Googles us will find out. Be nice if all the articles were about FoH and stuff like that instead.

🤣

20 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Stunned that some people actually believe absolute pish like this...in a word, tragic.

We'll see but so far everything I was informed of has been proven accurate. This time next week we should have a new manager who I'm lead to believe will be familiar with the Scottish game and is unattached to any club. Your going to be bitterly disappointed if you are anticipating Robinson to be unveiled as our new manager. And as I was told the newspaper haven't got a clue whats going on. Just look at the complete U-turn regarding the Stendel rumour made by the Sun in the space of a day. 

20 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

We'll see but so far everything I was informed of has been proven accurate. This time next week we should have a new manager who I'm lead to believe will be familiar with the Scottish game and is unattached to any club. Your going to be bitterly disappointed if you are anticipating Robinson to be unveiled as our new manager. And as I was told the newspaper haven't got a clue whats going on. Just look at the complete U-turn regarding the Stendel rumour made by the Sun in the space of a day. 

Are you referring to Neil McCann? 

32 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Not convinced club know plan let alone you

9 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Are you referring to Neil McCann? 

I wasn't told who we are after. The impression I was given is that its not someone we've been linked with in the papers. Everything I know I've posted and I have confirmed if it was ok to post before doing so.

I know that Jack Ross was approached by Hibs and an offer was made before we ourselves had the opportunity to do so. He was someone of interest however we wanted to hear from others before tabling an offer ourselves. If we were serious about him we didn't act quick enough. I was personally hoping we'd hire him and therefore I asked the question as to what happened with him. The Derek Adams story isn't entirely true. We were unaware he had been offered the managerial position at Morecambe and had asked him if he'd be interested in an interview - it was just an enquiry. Nothing more. He respectfully declined and informed Hearts that he had already accepted the Morecambe role. The Newspaper exaggerated what really happened. I'm sure the poster Davies can confirm this too.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Neil mccann rumours not going away

We would be aswell just appointing him tbh, for whatever reason we aren’t a very attractive proposition🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe Stendel googled us and saw some Hearts fans mounted a campaign to get rid of the manager when we were 3rd in the league, painted graffiti about hanging the person who saved the club just a few years ago and defaced the club crest that was a centrepiece of a brand new stand? 

As fans we can help sell the club to potential candidates. Like the videos and articles about Barnsley fans and Stendel. Shame the above is what someone who Googles us will find out. Be nice if all the articles were about FoH and stuff like that instead.

I googled Hearts and found none of the above 

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

We would be aswell just appointing him tbh, for whatever reason we aren’t a very attractive proposition🤷‍♂️

We've become a football club who accepts failure and actually rewards it ! Losers mentality and it's all about the taking part mentality 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've become a football club who accepts failure and actually rewards it ! Losers mentality and it's all about the taking part mentality 

Is this the same club that didn’t win a trophy from the 1960’s to the 1990’s, or do you support Real Madrid? We’ve been to three consecutive semi finals. Hearts supporters of other decades would have been ripped your arm off for that!

5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair I think Whelan wanted to stay in England....until he was convinced otherwise.....

By Levein... oh wait...

26 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I googled Hearts and found none of the above 

Maybe he googled “Hearts supporters” and used a “news” search?

😬

A196E295-FB88-4625-B9EC-2569DCF75B19.png

B3D5CC34-4091-4224-A4DB-E666B1849DF0.png

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Ricardo Shillyshally
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

just like Bayern and they have just said it may take until Xmas.  Big clubs do it properly. 

Spurs/Jose

The length of time this is taking is getting tedious and it makes it look like we don't really  know what we want or what we are doing. Very reminiscent of our last manager search.

Please prove me wrong Ann. Please.

Still hope we get him. 

Doesn't help we are a quarter way into a season and there were **** all decent options to replace CL with. 

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe he googled “Hearts supporters” and used a “news” search?

😬

A196E295-FB88-4625-B9EC-2569DCF75B19.png

B3D5CC34-4091-4224-A4DB-E666B1849DF0.png

What are supporters supposed to do? Keep driving hard earned cash into a club that was hopelessly under-performing? 

I think it's a plus point having a passionate, aggressive (in the right manner) fanbase who have high expectations.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

What are supporters supposed to do? Keep driving hard earned cash into a club that was hopelessly under-performing? 

I think it's a plus point having a passionate, aggressive (in the right manner) fanbase who have high expectations.

Hey, someone proposed that perhaps Stendel googled Hearts, and was put off by some of the behaviour by our supporters in recent months. Kimosavi googled Hearts and ruled that out. I googled Hearts supporters and posted my findings. Up to others to decide how a prospective manager might feel when doing the same. 👍

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hey, someone proposed that perhaps Stendel googled Hearts, and was put off by some of the behaviour by our supporters in recent months. Kimosavi googled Hearts and ruled that out. I googled Hearts supporters and posted my findings. Up to others to decide how a prospective manager might feel when doing the same. 👍

Fair enough mate just had a brief skim through the page on the way to work. Picked it up wrong.

Edited by Wham Bam Austin McCann

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Fair enough mate just had a brief skim through the page on the way to work. Picked it up wrong.

It’s cool. No offence taken.

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aye nae bother!!! 

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

I wasn't told who we are after. The impression I was given is that its not someone we've been linked with in the papers. Everything I know I've posted and I have confirmed if it was ok to post before doing so.

I know that Jack Ross was approached by Hibs and an offer was made before we ourselves had the opportunity to do so. He was someone of interest however we wanted to hear from others before tabling an offer ourselves. If we were serious about him we didn't act quick enough. I was personally hoping we'd hire him and therefore I asked the question as to what happened with him. The Derek Adams story isn't entirely true. We were unaware he had been offered the managerial position at Morecambe and had asked him if he'd be interested in an interview - it was just an enquiry. Nothing more. He respectfully declined and informed Hearts that he had already accepted the Morecambe role. The Newspaper exaggerated what really happened. I'm sure the poster Davies can confirm this too.

Quite concerning a member of the board would give out such detailed information knowing it will be posted online. 

I'm not sure about holding any hopes up on this guy coming, and his lack of experience leads me to think it's better he doesn't. 

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Spurs/Jose

The length of time this is taking is getting tedious and it makes it look like we don't really  know what we want or what we are doing. Very reminiscent of our last manager search.

Please prove me wrong Ann. Please.

Spurs had lined up Jose before they gave Poch the bullet. We have Austin steadying the ship and imo Ann has her target's for both positions and is trying to get them. No smoke without fire i.e Stendel I think she does want him whether or not she can persuade him is a different matter. She had interviewed other candidates who will be on the list incase Stendel doesn't come surely that's viewed as sensible? I think if Austin wins at the weekend it lifts a bit of the pressure as far as getting Stendel in asap nd we will go hard trying to get him even if it takes a wee bit of time. If we lose on Saturday the pressure mounts and the fans will become restless and want a manager in pronto. 

I'm not to stressed about it we dont have Levein in charge!! The St Mirren game was a marked improvement on the dross we've been subjected to the last few seasons. I'd rather we got the right man and have no issue with Austin steadying the ship for now.

Edited by clark963

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just ask him directly if he's in or out then move on 

I said why couldn't even a journalist do this. If he hasn't got any interest then surely he'd openly say it

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is this the same club that didn’t win a trophy from the 1960’s to the 1990’s, or do you support Real Madrid? We’ve been to three consecutive semi finals. Hearts supporters of other decades would have been ripped your arm off for that!

Fact of the matter is Craig levein has won nothing in his career absolutely nothing ! He talks a good game but his results don't back up his talk , Mrs Budge said 2 seasons in a row the target was minimum top 4 and European football yet both seasons finished 6th playing dreadful football and the reward for that was more funds for transfers and a wage rise while Mrs Budge tells us her blue eyed boy levein doing a good job 

5 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

I know nothing about Derek Adams. Other than I’m glad he’s at Morecambe. 🤷‍♂️

Are you Stendel’s agent?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Just found it a strange point to make. 

For clarity, I know nothing of the gorilla chap either. Him claiming to have emailed a board member the other night was the first time I’d knowingly read a post of his.

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wow.

Just now, Davie Deans said:

No.

You know a lot about his movements, and how he thinks. If what you are posting is correct, then you would have to be close to either Stendel or someone at Hearts. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Just found it a strange point to make. 

I don't proclaim to know Davies nor have I ever. However I'm sure there are other posters of this forum who are aware of what I have posted. Davies was made aware of the situation regarding Stendel and subsequently posted about it - is that not a leak of information? As Davies appears to know someone connected to Hearts or works at Hearts that passes information onto him I thought I'd asked if he can confirm what I said regarding Jack Ross and Derek Adams. I thought it may be of interest what I posted as it doesn't indicate or identify any potential candidates but rather brought some clarity regarding those two individuals. I commented that we are not in for Stendel (confirmed prior to myself by another poster) or Robinson - one of which has now been confirmed by the newspapers. I was told the next manager will have a familiarity of the Scottish game and to look out for an announcement next week. If what I said doesn't come to fruition by next week then by all means you can ridicule me. I encourage you to bookmark this post in the hope I'm wrong. Let's see what happens and in meantime I will reframe posting any further as to not offend yourself or anyone other reader of this forum. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I don't proclaim to know Davies nor have I ever. However I'm sure there are other posters of this forum who are aware of what I have posted. Davies was made aware of the situation regarding Stendel and subsequently posted about it - is that not a leak of information? As Davies appears to know someone connected to Hearts or works at Hearts that passes information onto him I thought I'd asked if he can confirm what I said regarding Jack Ross and Derek Adams. I thought it may be of interest what I posted as it doesn't indicate or identify any potential candidates but rather brought some clarity regarding those two individuals. I commented that we are not in for Stendel (confirmed prior to myself by another poster) or Robinson - one of which has now been confirmed by the newspapers. I was told the next manager will have a familiarity of the Scottish game and to look out for an announcement next week. If what I said doesn't come to fruition by next week then by all means you can ridicule me. I encourage you to bookmark this post in the hope I'm wrong. Let's see what happens and in meantime I will reframe posting any further as to not offend yourself or anyone other reader of this forum. 

Familiar with the Scottish game certainly covers a lot of contenders and not necessarily managed in the Scottish game.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

The Hogfather
5 hours ago, pointon said:

**** him get someone in who appreciates the opportunity to manage our great club 

If you believe anything that’s printed in The S*n, then you truly have no hope. 

9 hours ago, Ruaraidh90 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4981640/hearts-fc-news-daniel-stendel/ 

looking unlikely if this article is true I’m afraid. 

There is nothing about Stendel in that article that hasn’t been said on this thread.

Quite clearly a rehash of what’s been discussed on here. Lazy journalism.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we’re going through a period where Celtic are hoovering up every trophy going and have done for three years. Our manager was failing to get us up the table, any idea how we “rewarded” that?

I understand that we all want to move forward, but bashing the club in this manner is strange, to say the least. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we’re going through a period where Celtic are hoovering up every trophy going and have done for three years. Our manager was failing to get us up the table, any idea how we “rewarded” that?

I understand that we all want to move forward, but bashing the club in this manner is strange, to say the least. 

Not bashing the club at all just being factual , we were 2 seasons ahead of the hobos when we came up and were moving onwards and upwards then made absolute pigs ear of it appointing cathro and then another pigs ear of it appointing levein ! The facts back that up ,

Captain Canada

If, as some people have suggested, he's not interested, I'd be a bit surprised. 

I may be well off the mark, but I think any job offer he'd get in England would be at League One level given what he's done so far. 

He'd have a much higher profile up here, some of the best facilities in the country and the chance to achieve European football. 

Edinburgh is a pretty amazing city to live in too. I don't know all his circumstances but to me, it seems like a great step up in his career. 

Maybe another good manager down south will get fired this weekend and become the new favourite? 

The Hogfather
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not bashing the club at all just being factual , we were 2 seasons ahead of the hobos when we came up and were moving onwards and upwards then made absolute pigs ear of it appointing cathro and then another pigs ear of it appointing levein ! The facts back that up ,

Right, so how are we rewarding failure?

9 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

🤷‍♂️

Do one. 🖕🏻

It’s almost as if The Sun article was written around the bits of information you posted.

Wouldn’t it be crazy if some second rate journalist sits on fans forums and just makes articles based on what is being posted. Surely not though, surely a decent journalist would have sources,  sources that could provide even one more bit of information than you could have garnered from this thread. Alas, not in this case.

Credit where credits due though. You have effectively managed to get your posts published in The Sun, because their article has no more information than what’s contained on here.

You don’t happen to be a second rate journalist do you?

1 hour ago, Davie Deans said:

I know nothing about Derek Adams. Other than I’m glad he’s at Morecambe. 🤷‍♂️

For what it's worth I believe you are connected to a senior figure at Hearts. Can you pass on the message they better get this decision correct and appoint wisely and not to take the fans for fools. Thanks

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Right, so how are we rewarding failure?

Well how are we not ? Levein failed to achieve the minimum top 4 target set 2 seasons in a row and instead of being shown the door was given more resources for players and worse of all a pay rise 

6 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If, as some people have suggested, he's not interested, I'd be a bit surprised. 

I may be well off the mark, but I think any job offer he'd get in England would be at League One level given what he's done so far. 

He'd have a much higher profile up here, some of the best facilities in the country and the chance to achieve European football. 

Edinburgh is a pretty amazing city to live in too. I don't know all his circumstances but to me, it seems like a great step up in his career. 

Maybe another good manager down south will get fired this weekend and become the new favourite? 

I agree completely. Think it would be mental for him to not even consider it. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well how are we not ? Levein failed to achieve the minimum top 4 target set 2 seasons in a row and instead of being shown the door was given more resources for players and worse of all a pay rise 

So he failed at his job and was sacked? Some reward, that. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

For what it's worth I believe you are connected to a senior figure at Hearts. Can you pass on the message they better get this decision correct and appoint wisely and not to take the fans for fools. Thanks

:lol:

The saga seems like Brexit. 

• davemclaren locked this topic