Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Imagine the anger if Stendel was so impressed with CL during the tour that Stendel himself asks for CL to be appointed SD 😱

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The "bitters" know who they are.

Whatever Levein's faults I am certain he would big up the club.  After all, he's a Jambo and he isn't Michael Stewart or Alan Preston.

Alan Preston,  whether you agree with him or not, has been a Jambo all his life and buys several STs each year.....so he certainly is not Craig Levein 

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Hugh Phamism said:

Why would you make public you have made an offer until you know it will be accepted? Negotiations usually proceed until there is an agreement which is then announced ... scarf held aloft and all that

Edited by Francis Albert

Expected an announcement this morning. Apparently we’ve moved on to ‘he’s been offered the job.’ OH COME ON

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Imagine the anger if Stendel was so impressed with CL during the tour that Stendel himself asks for CL to be appointed SD 😱

For me that would disqualify Stendel.

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Expected an announcement this morning. Apparently we’ve moved on to ‘he’s been offered the job.’ OH COME ON

Exactly I bet most people thought he had been offered it already! Surely the smart thing to do would be to make the offer first and announce if he signs. Will embarrass a lot of people if he doesn’t accept it

Feckin' nerve of Barnsley, a place I like. BTW, to sack the man, then expect us to pay them compensation 'cos they don't want to pay up his contract.

Only if there there is a codicil saying should he be sacked and get another job in the contract period, they would not be liable to honour his contract terms.

It woul be monumentally stupid, to sign into a contract, where if you are sacked a future employer has got to pay the former employer compensation to the one who has sacked you ? Not just honour previous contract terms ?

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What “hatred and bile” are you talking about? 

If Levein has been involved in the recruitment process then she has lied. 

Jesus, thought I had read some crap on here but this one takes the biscuit. Levein is in charge of the academy, who else should show him round??. He had nothing to do with us going for Stendel.

1 hour ago, sam? said:

Who wouldn't love the club who gives you a job that you can do as you please, pull two salaries and not be answerable to your piers.

He didn't pull two salaries and, as he got sacked, looks like he was answerable

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Yeah, I've no issue with that.

Who do you want taking you around the facilities, explaining the club, it's infrastructure, etc?

Austin...where you'll get a PowerPoint presentation every 5 minutes?

Or  Locky?

Who'll make you a nice cup of Tea, and talk pish about 1998? 

It’s impossible to talk “pish” about 1998! 🏆

30 minutes ago, Mort said:

Folk now calling for CL to get the SD gig. Have a day off lads 😂😂😂.

And they keep telling us to “move on!” 🙈

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why would you make public you have made an offer until you know it will accepted? Negotiations usually proceed until there is an agreement which is then announced ... scarf held aloft and all that

Tbf there's nothing in that article that suggests Hearts have made anything public. Good chance Brian is going on all the strong chat elsewhere.

Hampden Demolition

Levein can GTF. There will be outrage, and rightly so, If he was appointed SD regardless if it was at Stendels request. Not been impressed with Ann recently but refuse to believe she would be that naive.

44 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The "bitters" know who they are.

Whatever Levein's faults I am certain he would big up the club.  After all, he's a Jambo and he isn't Michael Stewart or Alan Preston.

Are you not “bitter” that your team has been left in a shambles and in free fall Colin? 🤔

33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Contradictory there. Done it professionally v. Dilly dallying. Negotiations are not always easy and straightforward. 

Not entirely

Professionally done= no leaks, tightly guarded process, not played out on media

Dilly dally= wasting time through indecisiveness 

Although I probably should have said "perceived silly dallying" because like it or not it looks like we have drawn this out when the playing side is falling apart 

1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Levein can GTF. There will be outrage, and rightly so, If he was appointed SD regardless if it was at Stendels request. Not been impressed with Ann recently but refuse to believe she would be that naive.

This has only been floated here as an ‘off the wall’ idea afaik. Not worth impacting your blood pressure for. 😄

Ann has sacked Levein and looks like appointing Stendel (Levein wont be SD) amazed any Hearts fan can be disappointed with her recently.

Hampden Demolition
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This has only been floated here as an ‘off the wall’ idea afaik. Not worth impacting your blood pressure for. 😄

Appreciate that it’s just rumours on here but you never know!

48 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I am 100% for Craig to be SD. Everything except the first team is going OK, he is a 100% Hearts, Stendel is a strong personality and their relationship would likely be one of mutual respect. Craig will have much less risk of another heart attack so can commit fully to the job, Stendel would be free to concentrate almost totally on the first team. Whats not to like though no doubt the whinging, permanently moaning Neanderthals who frequent this site would have a field day with their monotonously negative postings.

Jeez they’re all coming out of the woodwork today! 😂

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Ann has sacked Levein and looks like appointing Stendel (Levein wont be SD) amazed any Hearts fan can be disappointed with her recently.

the disappointment comes more from the time it took for her to sack him and her last statement re genuine Hearts fans. Will give her the credit she deserves if she pulls it off with DS.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbf there's nothing in that article that suggests Hearts have made anything public. Good chance Brian is going on all the strong chat elsewhere.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. Announcing an offer has been made would make no sense.

(But this is Hearts we are talking about)

49 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I am 100% for Craig to be SD. Everything except the first team is going OK, he is a 100% Hearts, Stendel is a strong personality and their relationship would likely be one of mutual respect. Craig will have much less risk of another heart attack so can commit fully to the job, Stendel would be free to concentrate almost totally on the first team. Whats not to like though no doubt the whinging, permanently moaning Neanderthals who frequent this site would have a field day with their monotonously negative postings.

Don't do drugs, kids

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Not entirely

Professionally done= no leaks, tightly guarded process, not played out on media

Dilly dally= wasting time through indecisiveness 

Although I probably should have said "perceived silly dallying" because like it or not it looks like we have drawn this out when the playing side is falling apart 

You were doing well there !

Why the feck would we draw it out ?

Simple logic tells you that is bollox 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

Craig is 100% being managed out of Hearts.  He will not be SD.

Managed out?

Why does he need to be managed out?

the disappointment comes more from the time it took for her to sack him and her last statement re genuine Hearts fans. Will give her the credit she deserves if she pulls it off with DS.

This is absolutely correct but the Happy Clappers are in a frenzy today! 🙈

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Thought he was assistant to Warburton. 
Oh well who knows then. 

Weir was with Brighton before The Breadman got the QPR job. Must have decided to go their own ways.

And The Breadman looks like he is close to getting sliced by QPR !!

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Managed out?

Exactly!! Just pay his wages up and get him to feck.

cardboardcutout

The DOF role could be leveins for all I care as long as its F-all to do with the first team. Obvs when we improve dramatically under DS the holder of the DOF will be irrelevant and Budge will be mindful of that.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Happy clapper, I prefer the term "genuine  supporter" if you will. 

32 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Levein must be minted big pay aff fi Scotland, Leicester and Hearts and a good football career 

Bookies have a large wad of it allegedly

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

please find our hero a job - it’s not that he has mismanaged every aspect of his duties for 3 years...

it’s like the Stockholm Syndrome!!!

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He didn't pull two salaries and, as he got sacked, looks like he was answerable

Contract terms would still have had been to met, so he'll have got paid both salaries until their completion.

55 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

After all, he's a Jambo 

Apart from the fact he isn't.

Edited by neilnunb

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Jesus, thought I had read some crap on here but this one takes the biscuit. Levein is in charge of the academy, who else should show him round??. He had nothing to do with us going for Stendel.

:verysmug:

You are being naive, by the way. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Managed out?

Good point Frank. Generally if you make a total shambles of your job and you get sacked, you are out the door immediately.

It’s seems Levein’s feelings and ego were under consideration by Ann....

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Happy clapper, I prefer the term "genuine  supporter" if you will. 

😂👍

58 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Much as Craig is 100% Hearts that time has passed that he could of gone upstairs. Even a couple games into the season it would have got by , now no it needs a different direction

Go have a year off relax then ambassador or something or club liaison to other clubs to sell us is one thing. Walking into the SD role just now is another. 

Craig is as far as I know being managed out the club in a sensible manner so things move smoothly from his way to the new staffs way. That makes sense , going backwards now doesn’t. 

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Will you be Happy Clapping if and when Stendel is announced....at least for an hour or two? 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This. Absolutely hilarious watching these losers clinging to the hope their chief loser will get the job.

🤣

Just now, sadj said:

Much as Craig is 100% Hearts that time has passed that he could of gone upstairs. Even a couple games into the season it would of got by , now no it needs a different direction

Go have a year off relax then ambassador or something or club liaison to other clubs to sell us is one thing. Walking into the SD role just now is another. 

Craig is as far as I know being managed out the club in a sensible manner so things move smoothly from his way to the new staffs way. That makes sense , going backwards now doesn’t. 

Or he could, crazy idea here, look for another job in football?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Will you be Happy Clapping if and when Stendel is announced....at least for an hour or two? 

👏👏👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just wait til one of them remembers their Spoleto login details...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

St Johnstone job........ I reckon? 

Levein was sacked as Director of Football, why the hell would we be offering him the Sporting Director role 😂

Utter lunacy sometimes this place.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

That could be a very long search.....

• davemclaren locked this topic