Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sounds like Barnsley wanted to keep him in the background just Incase the new coach went tits up and they could wheel in the fans favourite again 

Not even remotely, actually sounds like Barnsley see a chance to possibly get some money they wouldn't otherwise get.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Barnsley get compensated by hearts.

As stendel will be getting paid by Barnsley until end of season.

So if Stendel waved the right to this money that would be it I imagine.

sounds to me like they want more than just what he’s due in wages.

lost in space
7 minutes ago, brux said:

Cant understand the Barnsley position, it's like throwing your old TV, in the bucket, someone then comes along and takes it as you dont want it and have discarded it. Then you decide suddenly 'I want some money for that old TV'

WHAT? - are you saying he is a transvestite?????

17 minutes ago, droid said:

Don’t get this at all.

Wasn’t his contact ripped up recently?

Even if it wasn’t, they sacked him why are they now playing silly buggers?

Weird.

It's like they are preventing the guy from working.

We thought you were shite but we don't want anybody else to have you in case you are good mentality

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Imagine sacking your manager then as soon as he gets a new job, publicly greeting about it in the press, then reporting it to the FA, instead of dealing with it behind closed doors first. Stay classy Barnsley. 

Hearts will of course pay compensation if they have to but I’m sure our lawyers will be looking for any loopholes in the law first. 

But, as has been pointed out here a number of times, they did not sack him. He is still on their payroll and so is still an employee of Barnsley FC. I'd expect it will go to arbitration with all the factors, ie removed from his manager's roll/still on the payroll, taken into consideration with Hearts paying more than they wanted to and Barnsley getting less than they want. Contract and employment laws will be the main consideration, but as UEFA insist no disputes are handled in the courts but by the respective FAs, or, if no agreement is reached, the CAS, then that is why Barnsley have contacted the FA who will pass it to the SFA.

One problem might be that Hearts might have agreed to pay Stendel what he was due in wages from Barnsley thinking that would satisfy Barnsley as it would save them a fair amount of money, but Barnsley are saying tough, we want compensation as any deal between hearts and Stendel has nothing to do with them. 

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, brux said:

Cant understand the Barnsley position, it's like throwing your old TV, in the bucket, someone then comes along and takes it as you dont want it and have discarded it. Then you decide suddenly 'I want some money for that old TV'

Barnsley would say they disconnected it and put it in the basement. We then broke into the house and walked off with it without as much as a 'by your leave'......

12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Don’t know if this is a serious question or not? There was literally nothing being done with the academy towards the end of the Romanov era. You’ll see the fruits of the hard work over the next few years. We have some cracking talent coming through. @Footballfirst or @jamboinglasgow have more insight into the academy and could no doubt go into more depth than I have should they wish.

I would genuinely like a bit more detail on the success of player production out of the Academy.

5 years in and we have produced very few young players that have become regulars in the first team -  Cochrane came in with a bang and seems to have faded away, the same with McDonald, and young Dickey is quality but at risk of burn out at this early stage.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

That your best shot captain, been listening to your Osmond LP's recently or drinking half pint shandies in Cafe Royal/Guildford with the gang of goons....

Not that proof was needed, but you’ve just re-confirmed how very little you know.

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Maybe for another day but isn't he (CL) also syphoning off all the profits from Hearts Events that we thought were to be re-invested in to all parts od the business, notably the first team?

:)  :( 🤣🤣

Pretty hard to syphon money out of a dormant company, even harder when you are no longer a director of said dormant company!

Have you been listening to the slaver that kicks about in Prestonfield golf club?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

But, as has been pointed out here a number of times, they did not sack him. He is still on their payroll and so is still an employee of Barnsley FC. I'd expect it will go to arbitration with all the factors, ie removed from his manager's roll/still on the payroll, taken into consideration with Hearts paying more than they wanted to and Barnsley getting less than they want. Contract and employment laws will be the main consideration, but as UEFA insist no disputes are handled in the courts but by the respective FAs, or, if no agreement is reached, the CAS, then that is why Barnsley have contacted the FA who will pass it to the SFA.

One problem might be that Hearts might have agreed to pay Stendel what he was due in wages from Barnsley thinking that would satisfy Barnsley as it would save them a fair amount of money, but Barnsley are saying tough, we want compensation as any deal between hearts and Stendel has nothing to do with them. 

I'd like to think that Budge being the businesswoman she is would have looked into all this beforehand

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Barnsley would say they disconnected it and put it in the basement. We then broke into the house and walked off with it without as much as a 'by your leave'......

Haha, in that case chuck them a million to keep them sweet

Strange the way his relationship at Barnsley turned so sour: wasn’t even thanked in the sacking statement for getting them promotion. Shrewd business people too as they realised they could get compensation that might exceed paying him for a couple of months rather than paying him off and letting him be a free agent.

scott herbertson
Just now, brux said:

Haha, in that case chuck them a million to keep them sweet

I'm sure we'll do a deal with them - one for the lawyers and let's hope they don't make a meal of it

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Pretty hard to syphon money out of a dormant company, even harder when you are no longer a director of said dormant company!

Have you been listening to the slaver that kicks about in Prestonfield golf club?

Thought the smileys had given it away........

We_are_the_Hearts
20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Don’t know if this is a serious question or not? There was literally nothing being done with the academy towards the end of the Romanov era. You’ll see the fruits of the hard work over the next few years. We have some cracking talent coming through. @Footballfirst or @jamboinglasgow have more insight into the academy and could no doubt go into more depth than I have should they wish.

Just feel saying that done "wonders" is a bit premature. It's all about getting players into the first team. The only one that looks like being above the norm is Hickey and he did a lot of developing at Celtic. Lets wait and see

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's like they are preventing the guy from working.

We thought you were shite but we don't want anybody else to have you in case you are good mentality

Thing is I could almost understand them not wanting him to go to a rival and come back to bite them, but not when's he moving country.

Just looks like the Barnsley owners doing anything they can to re-coup a few quid.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

They only didn't sack him to avoid paying out a lump sum.  So they are wanting their cake and eating it.  They are putting up barriers preventing him from taking new employment but refusing to let him carry out the duties of his contract. No matter how you dress it up, it's a very poor show from Barnsley, IF of course any of this is actually true.

Was well liked by Barnsley supporters. There's a real feeling he was hard done by. No experience of Scottish football. Not a lot of managerial experience at all truth be told. Preferable to some of the names being mooted. Jury is out for me.

I'm hearing Barnsley are playing funny buggers over Stendel's image rights. They've made a fortune from face cakes and mugs. They're suing Hearts over loss of income.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

This thread shows worst thing that ever happened was giving the auld moaning faced twats that used to inhabit the old enclosure and their offspring access to timternet

:rofl:👏

13 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Why do you hate Barnsley so much.

They sound like aholes 

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I would genuinely like a bit more detail on the success of player production out of the Academy.

5 years in and we have produced very few young players that have become regulars in the first team -  Cochrane came in with a bang and seems to have faded away, the same with McDonald, and young Dickey is quality but at risk of burn out at this early stage.

I know you're replying to another post but you can diecuss the details you require on another thread.  This one is about Stendel, not the perceived failings of Levein

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

please find our hero a job - it’s not that he has mismanaged every aspect of his duties for 3 years...

it’s like the Stockholm Syndrome!!!

But...but.....the “fantastic work he has done at the Academy”

lost in space

Not sure what the problem\angst\mystery is about the compo.

After all, we still have Levein on a contract - and if any team want to come in and employ him - we would want compensation for the loss of our asset!!!😁

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I'd like to think that Budge being the businesswoman she is would have looked into all this beforehand

I would certainly hope so, but the idea that Barnsley definitely won't have a case is wishful thinking on here. I'm not saying they do have a case, just that Stendel hasn't been sacked and is still their employee so will be subject to contract/employment laws in exactly the same way as he would have been if he was still fulfilling an active role at the club. That's why I suspect it will go to arbitration to take into consideration all the factors, particularly whether or not being put on 'gardening leave' leaves an employee free to seek employment elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know you're replying to another post but you can diecuss the details you require on another thread.  This one is about Stendel, not the perceived failings of Levein

As you say I’m replying to a post on THIS thread

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

They only didn't sack him to avoid paying out a lump sum.  So they are wanting their cake and eating it.  They are putting up barriers preventing him from taking new employment but refusing to let him carry out the duties of his contract. No matter how you dress it up, it's a very poor show from Barnsley, IF of course any of this is actually true.

If contract/employment law says they are due compensation then they are due compensation. Do you honestly think that if the boot was on the other foot that Hearts would just wave him goodbye? It's business, and it's money. 

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not sure what the problem\angst\mystery is about the compo.

After all, we still have Levein on a contract - and if any team want to come in and employ him - we would want compensation for the loss of our asset!!!😁

😂

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I would certainly hope so, but the idea that Barnsley definitely won't have a case is wishful thinking on here. I'm not saying they do have a case, just that Stendel hasn't been sacked and is still their employee so will be subject to contract/employment laws in exactly the same way as he would have been if he was still fulfilling an active role at the club. That's why I suspect it will go to arbitration to take into consideration all the factors, particularly whether or not being put on 'gardening leave' leaves an employee free to seek employment elsewhere.

i hope your wrong and it doesn't drag on and we don't get our man.

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If contract/employment law says they are due compensation then they are due compensation. Do you honestly think that if the boot was on the other foot that Hearts would just wave him goodbye? It's business, and it's money. 

Correct. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i hope your wrong and it doesn't drag on and we don't get our man.

I hope I am wrong, but the law is the law and Barnsley may very well have put him on gardening leave knowing that this situation could arise. It matters not one jot that it might appear underhand to Hearts supporters, Barnsley would be negligent to their own shareholders if they did not seek to receive every penny they might be due in compensation for any and every employee.

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Where the **** is Barnsley anyway?    Is it a rock in the North Sea?

Yorkshire ? Maybe , mind getting lost in Bolton after taking the wrong turn from Manchester airport.

30 minutes ago, brux said:

Dont understand what is confusing!

He is on gardening leave...he is still being paid by Barnsley until end of the season. Stendel is not going walk away from that money.

If someone wants his services barnsley want compensated for someone who is still their employee!

Baffles me why folk dont understand this concept.

Going by the previous contributors comments, re Gardening leave, this could prove costly....  Coupled with him bringing own assistants...

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, J80MBO said:

He is on gardening leave...he is still being paid by Barnsley until end of the season. Stendel is not going walk away from that money.

If someone wants his services barnsley want compensated for someone who is still their employee!

i think the confusion is that people were under the impression that he had received a one off payment from Barnsley and that was the end of the matter and he was free to talk to other people/clubs.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ridiculous they can in all but words sack the guy and control when he gets a new job or claim compensation. 

Definitely.  They should be happy to get him off the wage bill ffs. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Tbf there were reports last week that Stendel and Barnsley had sorted out his compensation. So it might not be as straight forward as we think.

33 minutes ago, brux said:

Except you’re still paying for that TV. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

3 Yorkshire tea bags, a pair of clogs, half a shilling & some shortbread.

Right, **** off.

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Yorkshire ? Maybe , mind getting lost in Bolton after taking the wrong turn from Manchester airport.

So many people have done that over the years that they formed a football club and called it Bolton Wanderers.

9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's a bit iffy, put someone on gardening leave. don't let them do their job then want compensated for their contract left.

Idea of gardening leave, is to pay them monthly until they jump ship, imo. 

Just now, gnasher75 said:

So many people have done that over the years that they formed a football club and called it Bolton Wanderers.

😄

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

But Ann said he wouldn’t be involved in the recruitment process? 🤔

Showing someone round the Stadium is not being involved in recruiting.

You are not coming across well with this personal vendetta against CL.

Makes you look like a bitter hater. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Idea of gardening leave, is to pay them monthly until they jump ship, imo. 

Yep. 

Also, what if they don't have a garden? Is it just called 'leave'? 

44 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We have been hearing that for years now.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

founded in 1874

33 minutes ago, schillaci said:

Dog in the manger, I think.

Sour grapes is us wanting Ross and then saying "you can have him he's crap anyway" when he goes to Hibs.

Aesop had much to say on our ways of dealing with life's disappointments.

Other than a few jkb nutjobs, nobody wanted Ross!

• davemclaren locked this topic