Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You’ll be in bed when it happens. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I sincerely hope so Dave.  It will be brilliant news to waken to.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Got the full Academy and Stadium tour from none other than Craig ****ing Levein.  Unbelievable.

Seems like CL done a great job in showing him round imo.

Not sure why you’d complain about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

The Sun still sound bitter though don't they? It's been over a MONTH. Stendel preferred to stay in England. He met them in Manchester! But we've been told he didn't! 

I particularly like that they put it in Capitals AND bold just in case their readers can't appreciate how long a months is. I'm very surprised they didn't put it in days. Scum.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Seems like CL done a great job in showing him round imo.

Not sure why you’d complain about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just annoyed that Levein still has a position at the club, the man has left us in the shit.

Excited by this. From the day Levein was finally binned he seemed like the only exciting choice.

Attacking football and passion. Something we've been missing since promotion. 

Got to give him time though, our squad is devoid of confidence, style and passion right now.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, kimosavi said:

My thoughts are with Agent Jambo this evening at this very sad time

He Lost his gerbil yesterday 

X3 tadpoles the day before 

And now his fish has croaked it 

Remembrance service this Sunday at 1pm 

It's his/her last day of posting here (under his/her current guise) . I think Agent Jambo deserves a free reign on this emotional day. 

Leveins Battalion

If Hearts were to get stung for compo I would be happy to donate a one off payment to the FOH to help cover costs,surely £10 £20 of a few thousand of us would cover this?

Samuel Camazzola

Caught up with MacKay and Stewart's debate on last night's Sportsound. It's a tough listen and felt my toes curling with cringe at the two of them. 

The pair are definitely like a couple of clueless drunks in a pub giving their 'expert opinion'. It's hard to take Stewart seriously when the highlight of career was misplacing passes and pointing. 😄

What difference does it make on how the 'connection to Stendel' came about? I've never heard that being asked about any other appointment. 

MacKay still thinks it's the mid 90's. He probably doesn't know you're allowed three subs now. 

At least 12 more pages before the press conference and scarf above the head.

Question is - who replaces him at the end of the season?

:whistling:

You have got yourselves a great manager,  one as a Barnsley fan I was very sorry to lose  I'm missing his passion but our board decided not to back him with the experience he asked for when he got us promoted.

He is an ambitious bloke though so I wouldn't expect for him to be in for the long haul but I'm sure he'll keep you up this season.

You have got yourselves a great manager,  one as a Barnsley fan I was very sorry to lose  I'm missing his passion but our board decided not to back him with the experience he asked for when he got us promoted.

He is an ambitious bloke though so I wouldn't expect for him to be in for the long haul but I'm sure he'll keep you up this season.

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Caught up with MacKay and Stewart's debate on last night's Sportsound. It's a tough listen and felt my toes curling with cringe at the two of them. 

The pair are definitely like a couple of clueless drunks in a pub giving their 'expert opinion'. It's hard to take Stewart seriously when the highlight of career was misplacing passes and pointing. 😄

What difference does it make on how the 'connection to Stendel' came about? I've never heard that being asked about any other appointment. 

MacKay still thinks it's the mid 90's. He probably doesn't know you're allowed three subs now. 

I agree. He talks about Man U like he was a main stay of that midfield. Mackay just sounded bitter, twisted and strangely high pitched. 

Very encouraging that Sun article although shocking journalism.  MONTH as if it was an eternity.  Look at Brexit for goodness sake.  Other candidates left in the dark.  What on earth is unusual about job candidates waiting to know the outcome.

Felling very confident now and hope the new team do a great job.

16 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I thought that myself about his questioning around the link with Stendel. Who cares? He has been deemed the outstanding candidate so let's see it. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree. He talks about Man U like he was a main stay of that midfield. Mackay just sounded bitter, twisted and strangely high pitched. 

He played less than 10 games in around 8 years on their payroll. They'd have mainly been League Cup and European dead rubbers too. 

Folk go on about Levein's lack of honours but Stewart is the only guy who could have been at Man United for so long (at the peak of their powers too) and have no medals to show for it. 

He even failed to get a medal when at Hibs during their League Cup win! 😄 

StevenNaismith
7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

👍

Stendel was done last week. Some posters on here should learn just because one thing is signed there's alot of collateral to get done also. 

No it wasn’t. Really wish you’d stop talking bollocks. It’s great that we’ve finally got the deal done but it was NOT done last week.

👍

Stendel was done last week. Some posters on here should learn just because one thing is signed there's alot of collateral to get done also. 

:lol: excellent. 

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

No it wasn’t. Really wish you’d stop talking bollocks. It’s great that we’ve finally got the deal done but it was NOT done last week.

It was done last week.

👍

Find it strange if it was done last week and being reported today that compensation to Barnsley not agreed yet.

I would have thought sorting Barnsley side out would have been sorted if deal was done last week.

Seems ridiculous that Barnsley would expect compensation, surely getting a manager they no longer want off their payroll is enough compensation? Or is this normal? 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

Bizarre that this hasn't been addressed already as part of these negotiations. 

But articles in press last week state he’s had his contract paid up and free to join any club not just Hearts. 

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

Well, if the info that he has already signed is true, then im sure it has. Probably one of the many complications Tom English alluded to. 

I heard from a good source that budge wanted to wait till the  17th . I believe  for the AGM .  But will now be a announcement by Wednesday .  Not saying an appointment  but announcement. Iam lead too believe as of last night not 1 person had been offered the job.   I will take the abuse if im wrong but i do trust the person i heard this from

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

But articles in press last week state he’s had his contract paid up and free to join any club not just Hearts. 

Exactly.

It depends what rag you want to believe.

I would think Ann would’ve had this covered.

1 minute ago, stotty said:

Seems ridiculous that Barnsley would expect compensation, surely getting a manager they no longer want off their payroll is enough compensation? Or is this normal? 

It’s not as if we poached Stendel.

Barnsley just being pricks.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Barnsley are run like Romanovs Hearts,fans are at war with the owners.

Clever from Barnsley. Get money for a manager you don’t want & are having to pay. Total Dick move but clever was to work contract situations. 

it’s the same as we were all joking about getting compensation from Northern Ireland for McPhee. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, deanmillar said:

I heard from a good source that budge wanted to wait till the  17th . I believe  for the AGM .  But will now be a announcement by Wednesday .  Not saying an appointment  but announcement. Iam lead too believe as of last night not 1 person had been offered the job.   I will take the abuse if im wrong but i do trust the person i heard this from

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Swanny17 said:

Some caution folks. Apparently, Stendel is scared of sausages!

I fear the wurst. 

😀

As far as I was concerned, Stendel and Barnsley were done and dusted with a week or 2 ago. A lot of Barnsley fans seemed under the impression that was the case too. 

7 minutes ago, deanmillar said:

:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Another reason should've got Neil in. He wouldn't stand for all this.

"I want ****ing that. They want ****ing this. ****ing hell fire."

Neil?

15 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

This could be why it's taken so long to be fair to Budge.

11 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Clever from Barnsley. Get money for a manager you don’t want & are having to pay. Total Dick move but clever was to work contract situations. 

it’s the same as we were all joking about getting compensation from Northern Ireland for McPhee. 

Shrewd business by the Barnsley man 😏

If this is as it looks as good as done and we secure the services of Stendel and his back room team then I think AB has delivered exactly what she promised..... I think Stendel is of a higher calibre than anyone really expected when we first sacked CL. The hatred and continual bile aimed at AB is disturbing and is sure to push her away from our club. Madness the women is exactly who we want running her club. She has admitted she needs help on the football side just as a “football brain” would need help on the business side. We need AB! 
Again CL if he indeed did show DS around our academy etc then what is the big deal? The man knows the club and academy inside out and loves our club, absolutely no way he would poison our potential manager.

We needed someone different appointed, someone with a different plan, no fear of the ugly sisters, good pedigree and not from the Scottish football manager merry go round, AB said she would take her time and it may take up to 6 weeks........Looks like she has delivered exactly what she said she would and what we said we wanted. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Well done AB

Just now, Barack said:

Looking like he's hovering over Woodgate's grave at the minute anyway.

Screenshot_20191203-073433_Google.jpg

Ah right that makes sense, thought you meant Alex Neil 🤦‍♂️

Warnock would have been entertaining but I'm happier with Stendel to be honest.

7 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

I think a lot of people should be eating humble pie for some of the complete OTT reactions on this forum recently. Especially some of the stuff aimed at Budge. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she's played an absolute blinder in this appointment, once all the details come out. 

👍

8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He has had one decent season

apart from that what else has he done of note?

You’ve got 9000+ posts and none of them of note.

21 minutes ago, deanmillar said:

One of the most bizarre statements I have heard on kickback and that's an achievement haha

6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

If this is as it looks as good as done and we secure the services of Stendel and his back room team then I think AB has delivered exactly what she promised..... I think Stendel is of a higher calibre than anyone really expected when we first sacked CL. The hatred and continual bile aimed at AB is disturbing and is sure to push her away from our club. Madness the women is exactly who we want running her club. She has admitted she needs help on the football side just as a “football brain” would need help on the business side. We need AB! 
Again CL if he indeed did show DS around our academy etc then what is the big deal? The man knows the club and academy inside out and loves our club, absolutely no way he would poison our potential manager.

We needed someone different appointed, someone with a different plan, no fear of the ugly sisters, good pedigree and not from the Scottish football manager merry go round, AB said she would take her time and it may take up to 6 weeks........Looks like she has delivered exactly what she said she would and what we said we wanted. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Well done AB

Good sensible post. 

9 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

What “hatred and bile” are you talking about? 

If Levein has been involved in the recruitment process then she has lied. 

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

As I have made clear on many occasions but you deliberately try to ignore to suit your own venomous ends, I neither supported nor opposed CL.  I did sympathise very much with the injury crisis he faced after going top of the league last season and even now some of these players are either not back nor fully fit.

Add to that he signed Halkett, Walker and Washington in the summer to ease the problems and even they have spent longish spells out.  No one, not even someone as smart as you, would be able to tell what would have happened if we had just had a "normal" injury list.

He also had the heart issue and for his own good, with hindsight, he maybe should have given up then but whatever the circumstances it all boils down to scores on the doors so I suppose being relieved of 1st team duties was inevitable.

I hope your total obsession with him does not keep you awake tonight nor give you nightmares.

Slept like a log thanks.

3 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Got the full Academy and Stadium tour from none other than Craig ****ing Levein.  Unbelievable.

Even though he’s a shit manager, it doesn’t make him a shit ambassador for this club.  

• davemclaren locked this topic