Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Just now, GinRummy said:

Think you should re-read the thread. Not even in the top twenty.

Wouldn't be the first time greedy agents pushed their client into behaving like a d!ck.

Aye maybe we should hold of for now and if by some sort of miracle we can win a few games then we might get him for nothing.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope Hearts have taken solid legal advice on this. 

I'm sure Mr Levein will have advised Mrs Budge on this. 

Here's what I've not heard from anyone but the story goes:

They approached Stendal -  issue one was his Barnsley contract

They sorted that out (although Barnsley disagree) 

He wasn't sure but they got him up to Edinburgh

He liked what he saw

They sat down and spoke terms, agreed monies with him

He wanted his own staff (who can blame him!)

The club went back to the spreadsheets to work out how much outlay that was coupled with binning what we have

Its now all agreed but given its Tuesday, they've asked the current lot to take the livi game

Thursday morning they'll clear the building and Stendal will get to work.

That's a shit load of work thats been done in 3 weeks or so.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, stotty said:

Seems ridiculous that Barnsley would expect compensation, surely getting a manager they no longer want off their payroll is enough compensation? Or is this normal? 

Can we claim compensation for all the rancid players and managers we got rid of? I think we could put a claim in for Jamie McAllister for starters. 

12 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

As someone who has been really critical of the handling of this situation and Budge in particular, heard some information last night that has changed my perception on this, quite a bit.

Now I am relaying 3rd hand information here, however I have no doubts about the original source for this. It may or may not be embellished on the way before it reaches me, I simply can't confirm that.

From the start I will say that I have no idea if Stendel is or is not going to be our next manager but as of late Sunday there was no contact agreement in place. Anyone suggesting otherwise or saying it was a done deal was jumping the gun or making it up. There is a difference between chasing someone and a contract being signed.

One of the primary reasons for the length of time it has taken to sign this guy, is that he knows the club are desperate and he is milking it for all his worth.

From what I am told, he has been playing money games, back and forward for a while, over things like pounds and euros. He then rejected the latest deal as his price went up 10% after the last result. The bottom line is, he's holding all the cards.

I don't know if he will be in the dugout anytime soon but the club and Budge have been getting quite a runaround from this guy.

Hope he is worth it.

So he’s a total chancer your source is saying. Correct?

7 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Thats got to be the most stupid thing i have read on this thread, and fek me there is a lot of shyte being spouted. Edited to say if we had won at ibrox would his price have gone down by 10% 🤣

Why would his price go down by 10%? 

It's not a stupid comment at all. Employee sees his potential new employer falling further into disarray during the negotiations and raises his price. What is stupid about that?

True? I doubt it but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Aye maybe we should hold of for now and if by some sort of miracle we can win a few games then we might get him for nothing.

Where did I suggest that? 😁 All I said was it wouldn't be the first time agents tried to rip the p1ss. 

I never said I believed the poster or his source.

If Tom English is correct and Stendel wants the job then its highly unlikely he is going to give Ann a phone after the rangers game and say.......sorry Ann after watching that pile of pish im going to have to put my price up by 10%. On the off chance that he or his agent did im pretty sure Ann would have told him to ram it.

I've heard, third hand mind you, but the original source is sound. That anyone who says I've heard is a bell end 

Let’s Get real. Get real. Barnsley are just a bunch of cowboys trying to get money out of Hearts.

They did sack Stendel from doing the job he was employed to do even though they kept paying 

him but that was more to do with money rather than trying to help him financially. Barnsley never 

wanted to pay his contract up in full because of cash flow and in the hope he managed to be 

successful in getting another job whereby they could stop paying his wage and ask for 

compensation. Yes they are at it big time and I’d love to get them in court and although in 

law they might win I’d rip them apart cross examining their board. Their reputation would be 

in tatters and on a personal note I’d love it.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Where did I suggest that? 😁 All I said was it wouldn't be the first time agents tried to rip the p1ss. 

I never said I believed the poster or his source.

I never said you did bud, just pointing out that there is as much chance of what mercer said happening as there is on him reducing his price had we won against the huns. Pretty much no chance.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Funding his tax-free lifestyle, at Hearts' expense.

Off-shore accounts made out to Mitzi, the German Schnauzer, etc.

Get this wage thief out. 

(Give it 6 months if things aren't going well, and I'll almost guarantee there'll be posts brought up about his supposed wages & this protracted process.)

Malaury Martin got away with it!

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

He is not at QPR, he’s working at Brighton 

I’ve been corrected 3 times now :lol: 

Ill do some homework before posting again. 

PhoenixHearts

If Stendel is due to be announced and is watching from the stand against Livingston, who would be taking the team for that match?

In the event that Stendel and team are already signed up by then, presumably the boot room brigade have been sent packing?

Andy Kirk? Naysmith? Lockie? The Physio? Luhveen?

I cannot get my head around this Barnsley thing. If the man was on "garden leave" after being sacked he would still be getting paid until he found other employment then that payment stops. Is it the case the he (Stendal) wants his contract paid in full regardless of any new employment therefore Barnsley want their money back, but again it was their choice to sack him so any monies owed or not has nothing to do with Hearts. I do not profess to know the workings of contracts ect however it seems a bit bizarre that Barnsley think they have a case against Hearts if the deal goes through.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been corrected 3 times now :lol: 

Ill do some homework before posting again. 

you do that 👍

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I liked it. Like a good pun, I do.

No doubt there will be loads of them now.

It never Rainiers but it pours.

PhoenixHearts
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

7B030EF9-79B8-451A-8D4A-BF291CC1425D.png

It's Indonesia, I can confirm. 

Flag emoji not showing up on my desktop. It's only showing up as "ID", meaning indonesia.

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If Stendel is due to be announced and is watching from the stand against Livingston, who would be taking the team for that match?

In the event that Stendel and team are already signed up by then, presumably the boot room brigade have been sent packing?

Andy Kirk? Naysmith? Lockie? The Physio? Luhveen?

I'd imagine it will be MacPhee and Park in charge. I'm not sure they're both getting punted? 

1 minute ago, micole said:

I cannot get my head around this Barnsley thing. If the man was on "garden leave" after being sacked he would still be getting paid until he found other employment then that payment stops. Is it the case the he (Stendal) wants his contract paid in full regardless of any new employment therefore Barnsley want their money back, but again it was their choice to sack him so any monies owed or not has nothing to do with Hearts. I do not profess to know the workings of contracts ect however it seems a bit bizarre that Barnsley think they have a case against Hearts if the deal goes through.

Depends on the details of his contract. He'll be deemed to be in breach of his contract (by Barnsley) and therefore compensation may be due.

Barnsley have sacked manager Daniel Stendel, with the club currently 23rd in the Championship.

Stendel, who led the Tykes to an impressive promotion from League One last season, leaves with the club second bottom in the second tier, having won one league game in 11. Adam Murray, the club’s under-18 head coach, steps in as caretaker.

“Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect,” read a club statement. “Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/08/barnsley-sack-manager-daniel-stendel

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50073016

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-daniel-stendel-former-barnsley-17057547

From what I've read Stendel was sacked and in the Club statement he is no longer employed by the Club. 

Who do you believe?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd imagine it will be MacPhee and Park in charge. I'm not sure they're both getting punted? 

Hope park stays but final say on it should be the new managers 

PhoenixHearts
Just now, Captain Canada said:

Yeah I would reckon if either of them are still there on Wedesday with our new man signed up, it's pretty safe to say they'll be sticking around in some capacity. 

Fox and Daly are gone though. Almost certain.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It's Indonesia, I can confirm. 

Flag emoji not showing up on my desktop. It's only showing up as "ID", meaning indonesia.

:jjyay:

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

From what I've read Stendel was sacked and in the Club statement he is no longer employed by the Club. 

Who do you believe?

His contract is a tad more relevant than how his 'sacking' was reported in the press.

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Barnsley have sacked manager Daniel Stendel, with the club currently 23rd in the Championship.

Stendel, who led the Tykes to an impressive promotion from League One last season, leaves with the club second bottom in the second tier, having won one league game in 11. Adam Murray, the club’s under-18 head coach, steps in as caretaker.

“Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect,” read a club statement. “Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/08/barnsley-sack-manager-daniel-stendel

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50073016

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-daniel-stendel-former-barnsley-17057547

Who do you believe?

They’ve used the words “separated” though. It’s all about the words.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Depends on the details of his contract. He'll be deemed to be in breach of his contract (by Barnsley) and therefore compensation may be due.

Mmmmm.....seems strange he would be in breach of contract if he was sacked. If that was the case could Barnsley just prevent him from new employment by keep paying him to sit in the house for the remainder of his contract, that seems a very strange stance to take IMO.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

My understanding is that Barnsley relieved him of his duties and placed him on garden leave. There is therefore technically no termination of contract so if we want him, we would normally be expected to pay compensation to Barnsley to effectively buy him out of his contract. Apparently this was dealt with last week but I don't know how it was done or if it actually was done. 

Lots of clubs do it in the hope the manager ends up moving to another club and they can save a few quid on paying the full contract up. I think. 

Just now, Dunks said:

His contract is a tad more relevant than how his 'sacking' was reported in the press.

Indeed. However the Club statement uses the word separated to described the situation. Also other clubs like Sunderland have spoken to Stendel  All very confusing.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, micole said:

Mmmmm.....seems strange he would be in breach of contract if he was sacked. If that was the case could Barnsley just prevent him from new employment by keep paying him to sit in the house for the remainder of his contract, that seems a very strange stance to take IMO.

Therefore it's likely he wasn't sacked

Maybe the guy now managing the team has  a different role/ job description so technically Stendhal is still on his old contract

The Mercer Takeover
17 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

So he’s a total chancer your source is saying. Correct?

I honestly can't tell you who the original source is, but it is the same person who highlight delay issues in the new stand, long before it was public. 

I don't know if Stendel acting like this is normal or not, but from what I was told, the club were more than surprised with this and getting pretty p*%%£* off.

• davemclaren locked this topic