• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

51 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Maybe for another day but isn't he (CL) also syphoning off all the profits from Hearts Events that we thought were to be re-invested in to all parts od the business, notably the first team?

:)  :( 🤣🤣

Embezzlement (which is basically what you're accusing him of) is a pretty serious allegation. What do you base it on?

Edit: you may in fact be bringing up someone else's accusation in a satirical manner!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

We really haven't.

Or you haven't been paying attention. I certainly know what I have read on here over the years, but we don't all read the same threads so I'll give you a pass on this one.

5 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Dont understand what is confusing!

He is on gardening leave...he is still being paid by Barnsley until end of the season. Stendel is not going walk away from that money.

If someone wants his services barnsley want compensated for someone who is still their employee!

Baffles me why folk dont understand this concept.

I would understand it better if it was Stendal who needed paying.

Is it possible that Barnsley have paid Stendal off and want Hearts to cover that amount ?

Last week it was reported Barnsley had settled Stendal contract.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
28 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Have you been listening to the slaver that kicks about in Prestonfield golf club?

Who are we referring to here?  Just joined the place lol

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Benefactors will chuck them some bunce.

Ann said compensation wasn't a problem in getting a manager. If Barnsley's litigious co-owner wishes to explore the situation...bash on.

Either way, Stendel will be leading us out. The legal/financial shite will carry-on in the background, and most likely lead to an out of court settlement via tribunal. If it needs to go that far.

No bothered by this really. It matters little to us as fans, in the grand scheme of it all.

This.

25 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

But, as has been pointed out here a number of times, they did not sack him. He is still on their payroll and so is still an employee of Barnsley FC. I'd expect it will go to arbitration with all the factors, ie removed from his manager's roll/still on the payroll, taken into consideration with Hearts paying more than they wanted to and Barnsley getting less than they want. Contract and employment laws will be the main consideration, but as UEFA insist no disputes are handled in the courts but by the respective FAs, or, if no agreement is reached, the CAS, then that is why Barnsley have contacted the FA who will pass it to the SFA.

One problem might be that Hearts might have agreed to pay Stendel what he was due in wages from Barnsley thinking that would satisfy Barnsley as it would save them a fair amount of money, but Barnsley are saying tough, we want compensation as any deal between hearts and Stendel has nothing to do with them. 

It’s irrelevant, Hearts will pay if they have to. 

We’ll see what happens, it’s not something that Hearts or any of us will be worried about. As Barack said, our benefactors will bung them a few quid if need be. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

My Barnsley mate says the fans hate the new owner, he also reckons he will accept our first offer of compensation.

Sky saying Stendel will be announced today and watching the game tomorrow.

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Embezzlement (which is basically what you're accusing him of) is a pretty serious allegation. What do you base it on?

He’s only joshing. I thought he was serious as well. 😊

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If contract/employment law says they are due compensation then they are due compensation. Do you honestly think that if the boot was on the other foot that Hearts would just wave him goodbye? It's business, and it's money. 

I get that.  There is also the issue of constructive dismissal where Barnsley engineer a position to force somebody out the door without paying them what they are owed.

For me it's a grey area and Barnsley are not acting in best faith which is where murky cases often fall.  Barnsley are in a position to save themselves some cash by releasing him from his contract if Hearts were to pick up the slack.  That should be all the compensation they should settle for.  I believe that's where it will end up without any of us ever finding out the gory details.

Doesn't mean I can't think Barnsley are acting like dicks.

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not hence the smileys to a ridiculous rumour that was bounded about a while back.....

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Other than a few jkb nutjobs, nobody wanted Ross!

I did. Not a popular opinion and Stendel is looking like a better proposition but time will tell how he does at a SPL club.

That’s the thing, Danny boy turns up and does well and we’ll all be happy. All conjecture of course.

cardboardcutout
Just now, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

My Barnsley mate says the fans hate the new owner, he also reckons he will accept our first offer of compensation.

Sky saying Stendel will be announced today and watching the game tomorrow.

Should put a fair few on the gate and i'm sure we'll see a better performance too.

"Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager."

Was always a bit of a weird statement anyway.

Fingers crossed we agree a deal with them and we can all move on. 

Just now, cardboardcutout said:

Should put a fair few on the gate and i'm sure we'll see a better performance too.

Players might just be playing for their jobs. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’s only joshing. I thought he was serious as well. 😊

not sure about joshing Dave but there's about 9680 posts on this thread that are full of :poopile: ;)

Shanks said no

I think the FA will tread very carefully with this given Spurs may have a very similar but significantly more expensive case if Poch gets another job

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

not sure about joshing Dave but there's about 9680 posts on this thread that are full of :poopile: ;)

That’s social meeja for you. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You of course knew better......just like when you were telling us Levein would be a roaring success! 😉

CL did improve us in his first full season. 

Don't think I said he was a roaring success. 

6th place, lc sf and sc final was an improvement on the season before. Factoid. 👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I did. Not a popular opinion and Stendel is looking like a better proposition but time will tell how he does at a SPL club.

That’s the thing, Danny boy turns up and does well and we’ll all be happy. All conjecture of course.

Yip, cautiously optimistic! 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Seems like this is happening after all , clear to see now that the biggest problem has been Barnsley playing hard ball 

7 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

"Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager."

Was always a bit of a weird statement anyway.

Fingers crossed we agree a deal with them and we can all move on. 

If they sent Stendel a letter saying the words “termination of employment”, then they won’t have a leg to stand on. 

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Showing someone round the Stadium is not being involved in recruiting.

You are not coming across well with this personal vendetta against CL.

Makes you look like a bitter hater. 

All part of the recruitment process.

I “hate” the shambles my team is in and I’m “bitter” we are bumping along the bottom of the league - aren’t you?

Image rights, gardening leave contracts. 

Bit of a minefield these days. 

But nothing seems to be stopping it happening. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Seems like this is happening after all , clear to see now that the biggest problem has been Barnsley playing hard ball 

I guess Ann has been needing to seek legal opinion and support on it which has possibly delayed things a bit. Seems sensible if frustrating to us. Other owners may just have ploughed ahead and dealt with the consequences later.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL did improve us in his first full season. 

Don't think I said he was a roaring success. 

6th place, lc sf and sc final was an improvement on the season before. Factoid. 👍

Levein’s appointment as First Team Coach has proven to be a disaster! Factoid. 👎

23 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Dont understand what is confusing!

He is on gardening leave...he is still being paid by Barnsley until end of the season. Stendel is not going walk away from that money.

If someone wants his services barnsley want compensated for someone who is still their employee!

Baffles me why folk dont understand this concept.

Barnsley are currently wasting money on him by paying him to sit at home.

By signing with us, they will no longer have to pay him - saving them money.

Despite the fact that Stendel to Hearts will already save them money, they are being greedy and wanting compo on top of the saving they will already make.

Dazajambo looks to have got it spot on with saying it was a hold up because of image rights.

Much respect to him for that 👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why in the name of all that's holy are punters still arguing about Craig Levein 🌞🌞 It's a bright new day.

Get him to feck and there won’t be any arguments ;) I agree in principle though he doesn’t seem to be having much of a input with this. 

19 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm not hence the smileys to a ridiculous rumour that was bounded about a while back.....

Yeah, that dawned on me eventually (was distracted by food)!!!

The Mercer Takeover

As someone who has been really critical of the handling of this situation and Budge in particular, heard some information last night that has changed my perception on this, quite a bit.

Now I am relaying 3rd hand information here, however I have no doubts about the original source for this. It may or may not be embellished on the way before it reaches me, I simply can't confirm that.

From the start I will say that I have no idea if Stendel is or is not going to be our next manager but as of late Sunday there was no contact agreement in place. Anyone suggesting otherwise or saying it was a done deal was jumping the gun or making it up. There is a difference between chasing someone and a contract being signed.

One of the primary reasons for the length of time it has taken to sign this guy, is that he knows the club are desperate and he is milking it for all his worth.

From what I am told, he has been playing money games, back and forward for a while, over things like pounds and euros. He then rejected the latest deal as his price went up 10% after the last result. The bottom line is, he's holding all the cards.

I don't know if he will be in the dugout anytime soon but the club and Budge have been getting quite a runaround from this guy.

Hope he is worth it.

5 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

Barnsley are currently wasting money on him by paying him to sit at home.

By signing with us, they will no longer have to pay him - saving them money.

Despite the fact that Stendel to Hearts will already save them money, they are being greedy and wanting compo on top of the saving they will already make.

You’re not a businessman are you? 😎

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

As I said, jkb nutjobs! 😀

32 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Going by the previous contributors comments, re Gardening leave, this could prove costly....  Coupled with him bringing own assistants...

No doubt but keeping these useless plonkers is more costly.

5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

As someone who has been really critical of the handling of this situation and Budge in particular, heard some information last night that has changed my perception on this, quite a bit.

Now I am relaying 3rd hand information here, however I have no doubts about the original source for this. It may or may not be embellished on the way before it reaches me, I simply can't confirm that.

From the start I will say that I have no idea if Stendel is or is not going to be our next manager but as of late Sunday there was no contact agreement in place. Anyone suggesting otherwise or saying it was a done deal was jumping the gun or making it up. There is a difference between chasing someone and a contract being signed.

One of the primary reasons for the length of time it has taken to sign this guy, is that he knows the club are desperate and he is milking it for all his worth.

From what I am told, he has been playing money games, back and forward for a while, over things like pounds and euros. He then rejected the latest deal as his price went up 10% after the last result. The bottom line is, he's holding all the cards.

I don't know if he will be in the dugout anytime soon but the club and Budge have been getting quite a runaround from this guy.

Hope he is worth it.

Thats got to be the most stupid thing i have read on this thread, and fek me there is a lot of shyte being spouted. Edited to say if we had won at ibrox would his price have gone down by 10% 🤣

Edited by jambo3tevie

The Old Tolbooth
51 minutes ago, Maroonhio said:

Was well liked by Barnsley supporters. There's a real feeling he was hard done by. No experience of Scottish football. Not a lot of managerial experience at all truth be told. Preferable to some of the names being mooted. Jury is out for me.

He had zero experience of English football either before he won promotion with Barnsley to be fair. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

No doubt but keeping these useless plonkers is more costly.

Hooray! A post of yours i agree with

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Thats got to be the most stupid thing i have read on this thread, and fek me there is a lot of shyte being spouted

Think you should re-read the thread. Not even in the top twenty.

Wouldn't be the first time greedy agents pushed their client into behaving like a d!ck.

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All part of the recruitment process.

I “hate” the shambles my team is in and I’m “bitter” we are bumping along the bottom of the league - aren’t you?

Yes but some of us  don't feel we have to stamp our feet and have a rant about CL every five minutes

5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Hope he is worth it.

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Thats got to be the most stupid thing i have read on this thread, and fek me there is a lot of shyte being spouted

For me it's hard to pick out one line and give it the award for "The Most Stupid Thing I have Read On This Thread", I personally think every other word and line in the post is equally as shite.

Obviously, anybody with Mercer in the username is a PHM, like more than anybody else.  They cannot help themselves, trying to make out DS is "Milking our situation" Hahahahaha

Jog along.

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Any news on an announcement being made today?

Nothing solid. Think someone earlier though it was more likely to be tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Polish flag ?

Red and white wrong way round for Poland.

Indonesia or even Monaco. I think.

🤷‍♂️

• davemclaren locked this topic