Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

You know I was up for Stendel right at the start, was saying he was who I wanted before the cup semi final.
I have tried to be pragmatic about the whole thing, I have tried to give Ms Budge the benefit of the doubt in all of this. I mean they appear to have been very thorough, they have explored all of the avenues, they have kept everything under wraps and they have dealt with it in a very professional and business like fashion.
The problem is though that this isn't a normal business, we are a football club and lack of management and leadership has had a huge impact on the playing side without which there is no business.
I just want it done, I am glad we have aimed high with Stendel but the goodwill that she should get has been eroded by the dilly dallying.

I know we all want a new man in place asap however it appears it's not been as straight forward a deal as others noting Barnsley are being stubborn too.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

You know I was up for Stendel right at the start, was saying he was who I wanted before the cup semi final.
I have tried to be pragmatic about the whole thing, I have tried to give Ms Budge the benefit of the doubt in all of this. I mean they appear to have been very thorough, they have explored all of the avenues, they have kept everything under wraps and they have dealt with it in a very professional and business like fashion.
The problem is though that this isn't a normal business, we are a football club and lack of management and leadership has had a huge impact on the playing side without which there is no business.
I just want it done, I am glad we have aimed high with Stendel but the goodwill that she should get has been eroded by the dilly dallying.

I suppose we have come this far there is point in walking away from Stendel and we should get this over the line ion the next 24hrs

With any luck he can hit the ground running.

I know it’s hard for some to take, and can see both arguments, but for me, , it’s got to be a positive sign in terms of the impression of the club- that the last manager, despite rightly getting removed from first team responsibility, cares enough about the club to try to sell the club’s merits to a decent potential manager?  If I was the one being shown round I might think that signifies there’s a set up with commitment behind it. 

🤷‍♀️

Plus whilst Ann admits mistakes, we’re not run by some narcissistic oligarch who will build us up as an ego extension then drop us and walk without a care if it goes belly up 

51 minutes ago, kevmacd said:

10/10 for irony!

Have I shown any hatred or bile towards Budge? Feel free to quote me. 

3 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Just annoyed that Levein still has a position at the club, the man has left us in the shit.

Academy tour manager. 🤔

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Bozi said:

mgh GIF

I know what you mean!!

Edited by scott herbertson

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No way we’d pay him more than he’s getting at QPR. Not happening for me that one. 

Liked Weir as a player but he didn’t half tarnish himself after leaving. A real hun *****. 
I don’t see it personally. 
Who knows tho. 

He is not at QPR, he’s working at Brighton 

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Seems like CL done a great job in showing him round imo.

Not sure why you’d complain about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you got shown around your new job by the guy who got punted to get you in i'm sure you'd feel awkward and wouldn't be the best impression of your new workplace.

31 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Did you not read on ?

However, he has yet to receive a pay-off from the English Championship club, who are arguing that the contract is still valid.

Both parties are in dispute over a severance package and the Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway has contacted Hearts seeking compensation for Stendel.

text and content appears to have changed since I copied that paragraph.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have I shown any hatred or bile towards Budge? Feel free to quote me. 

Not going to look through and check your posts,. There are posters on here who can not handle ann budge being criticised for even her most glaring errors.

It's her lack of action since last May that's led to the shite we've had to put up with.

There was needless name calling and slagging her off by certain posters but that doesn't mean criticising her isn't allowed.

Hopefully she is now on the road to getting things sorted and doesn't make a complete arse of it again.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

If you got shown around your new job by the guy who got punted to get you in i'm sure you'd feel awkward and wouldn't be the best impression of your new workplace.

All depends on the attitude of the ex-employee.

I can understand how a good few bitters would find that difficult to understand.

6 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

I know it’s hard for some to take, and can see both arguments, but for me, , it’s got to be a positive sign in terms of the impression of the club- that the last manager, despite rightly getting removed from first team responsibility, cares enough about the club to try to sell the club’s merits to a decent potential manager?  If I was the one being shown round I might think that signifies there’s a set up with commitment behind it. 

🤷‍♀️

He knows he’s finished in football now so he will be doing all he can to keep some sort of job with hearts so don’t be surprised to see him here after next summer. 

Levein won’t have enough money to retire so his only income will come from hearts as no one else will touch him now 

7 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Has anyone actually confirmed if Levein showed him around or are we just believing one poster on this mental thread?

Good point 🤣

Just now, colinmaroon said:

All depends on the attitude of the ex-employee.

I can understand how a good few bitters would find that difficult to understand.

Hope that isn't aimed at me, as I'm only explaining what the poster might have meant. 

But yes I agree, if Levein was enthusiastic and honest about why it maybe wasn't working for him etc then it could be a positive to have the former employee give you the low-down. 

Also there are fewer people better placed to show someone around Tynecastle.

8 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Has anyone actually confirmed if Levein showed him around or are we just believing one poster on this mental thread?

This is the correct question 😂

Fxxx the SPFL

ROLL UP ROLL UP this thread will soon overtake the Sevco one at this rate with totally useless posts oh wait a minute.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hope that isn't aimed at me, as I'm only explaining what the poster might have meant. 

But yes I agree, if Levein was enthusiastic and honest about why it maybe wasn't working for him etc then it could be a positive to have the former employee give you the low-down. 

Also there are fewer people better placed to show someone around Tynecastle.

The "bitters" know who they are.

Whatever Levein's faults I am certain he would big up the club.  After all, he's a Jambo and he isn't Michael Stewart or Alan Preston.

Interesting regarding Barnsley and compensation, surely and agreement will be made, whats Barnsley’s alternative? The deal falls through and they end paying paying stendel a wage? Or he comes to us and it frees them up.

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, theshed said:

He knows he’s finished in football now so he will be doing all he can to keep some sort of job with hearts so don’t be surprised to see him here after next summer. 

Levein won’t have enough money to retire so his only income will come from hearts as no one else will touch him now 

Are you his financial advisor 🙄

I am 100% for Craig to be SD. Everything except the first team is going OK, he is a 100% Hearts, Stendel is a strong personality and their relationship would likely be one of mutual respect. Craig will have much less risk of another heart attack so can commit fully to the job, Stendel would be free to concentrate almost totally on the first team. Whats not to like though no doubt the whinging, permanently moaning Neanderthals who frequent this site would have a field day with their monotonously negative postings.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Interesting regarding Barnsley and compensation, surely and agreement will be made, whats Barnsley’s alternative? The deal falls through and they end paying paying stendel a wage? Or he comes to us and it frees them up.

Just depends how desperate we seem to be

We should be alright though - our fans are probably the most patient in the world....

36 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Heard Stendel was so impressed with Levein while receiving the tour of Riccarton and Tynecastle that he's demanded Levein be the SD. The delay has been the club trying to figure out the best way to sell that to the fans. Won't reveal my source but never let me down before....

😂😂

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I am 100% for Craig to be SD. Everything except the first team is going OK, he is a 100% Hearts, Stendel is a strong personality and their relationship would likely be one of mutual respect. Craig will have much less risk of another heart attack so can commit fully to the job, Stendel would be free to concentrate almost totally on the first team. Whats not to like though no doubt the whinging, permanently moaning Neanderthals who frequent this site would have a field day with their monotonously negative postings.

Spot on!

manaliveits105

This thread shows worst thing that ever happened was giving the auld moaning faced twats that used to inhabit the old enclosure and their offspring access to timternet

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Im on this train too

29 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Contradictory there. Done it professionally v. Dilly dallying. Negotiations are not always easy and straightforward. 

Captain Canada

I do find it hard to believe we've got to this stage and haven't sorted the details out with his Barnsley contract. Normally, I would say it's nonsense in the papers but they seem to have a quote which didn't sound great. 

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, theshed said:

I’m sure Craig’s pal will cut him a slice of the Box Soccer pie as it rolls out across the US. He’ll be absolutely fine. 

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Folk now calling for CL to get the SD gig. Have a day off lads 😂😂😂.

I don't get that. Look at the mess he has left. Get him as far away from Tynie as possible.

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

He is not at QPR, he’s working at Brighton 

Thought he was assistant to Warburton. 
Oh well who knows then. 

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Should do it purely to noise up a Michael Stewart

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Genuinely couldn't give a solitary **** who the sporting director is tbh. 

Are they not someone usually low profile that you don't really know that much about anyway.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Thought he was assistant to Warburton. 
Oh well who knows then. 

do your homework eh

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I don't get that. Look at the mess he has left. Get him as far away from Tynie as possible.

dole queue 

If this falls through there’s going to be carnage.

I posted the same yesterday but it upset Smith’s Right Boot.

Now That there has been a formal offer I can safely say it now.

I hope!

25 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Yes.....you’re correct.....being shown round by CL has clearly been detrimental to our chances of securing the services of Stendel.

That awkwardness has left a real bad impression.

Oh wait......

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Are they not someone usually low profile that you don't really know that much about anyway.

That’s the way it should be.  All the top clubs have them but nobody knows who they are.

SpruceBringsteen
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Hibs' sporting director is a guy called Graeme Mathie. Doubt 99% of Scottish football fans would recognise him if he sat beside them in the pub.

Howdy Doody Jambo
23 minutes ago, theshed said:

Levein must be minted big pay aff fi Scotland, Leicester and Hearts and a good football career 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

What posts on here are full of “hatred and bile”? Criticism, yes...is that not allowed?

No graffiti on here so not sure if the relevance. 

I have also shown potential employees around my work, but not for the role I have just been sacked from. 

Doesn’t matter what AB does some people will never be happy. Be careful what we wish for us all I’ll say. Every club in Scotland out with Celtic would bite their arm off to have AB at the helm. 

I won’t waste my time stressing about who showed DS around. If AB believes CL is  the best man to show him around and “handover” them I’m all for that. He was good enough at it to sell the club to the like of Naismith. If the effort people put into picking holes was used in a positive manner to support what our club is trying to do things would be a lot easier for everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Mort said:

I must have missed that.  Who, what, where???

• davemclaren locked this topic