Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Shanks said no

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5021249/hearts-daniel-stendel-confirm-new-manager/

DANIEL STENDEL is set to be confirmed as new Hearts boss within the next 24 hours.

SunSport understands Jambos owner Ann Budge is confident she’s finally got a replacement for the sacked Craig Levein — over a MONTH after starting the search.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Graygo you been drinking.

No, just a wee bit light relief to try to ease the tension. Might have a wee German beer tomorrow if it's all confirmed though.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

It’s Austin’s tailor I feel sorry for all that effort and for what....

Feck his tailor, I’m his hairdresser.

6 minutes ago, brux said:

Welcome to our new management team, you've got a lot of work ahead of you!

IMG_20191202_224105.jpg

natürliche Reihenfolge 👏👏👏

Ex-Hibs boss Heckingbottom not afraid to tell Stendel he’ll love life at Hearts

PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM isn’t slow to confess he wishes he was still at Hibs.

And he hasn’t got a problem telling Daniel Stendel he would love it at HEARTS.

Ex-Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel
Ex-Barnsley boss Daniel StendelCredit: Getty Images - Getty

Heckingbottom is intrigued by the news his former Barnsley successor is poised to take charge at Tynecastle, with the Jambos currently in freefall and facing a relegation scrap.

Heck sat with Stendel at a dinner last week and the German wasn’t shy in firing questions at him about football life in Edinburgh and the Scottish game.

DAN'S THE MAN Hearts set to confirm Stendel as club's new manager within 24 hours

By that stage Stendel, 45, was already well down the road in talks with Jambos supremo Ann Budge and had been given the guided tour of Tynecastle.

Heckingbottom believes Stendel, who followed him as Tykes boss in 2018, could be successful in Gorgie with his playing philosophy.

Former Hibs boss Paul Heckingbottom
Former Hibs boss Paul HeckingbottomCredit: Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow

But he also warned him not to accept the Hearts post if he’s anything less than 100 per cent committed to it.

Heck said: “I met Daniel at a football writers’ dinner last week.

“I don’t know him, but it was nice to have a chat — and let’s just say he was keen to find out about Scottish football and my own experience in Edinburgh.

“I was happy to help and I told him how much I enjoyed it. I liked the intensity of the game up there and the feel of the games from the fans.

“The passion for football in Scotland is massive. Sometimes in England you are at matches and there’s a corporate feel to them.

“But by and large it’s not the case in Scotland. Football properly matters to everyone there.

“Easter Road and Tynecastle are great venues. The derby games are fantastic — Daniel would appreciate them, for sure.

“The best advice I’d give him is simply: ‘Play your way, stick to your methods’. I actually think his high pressing style game would serve Daniel well in Scotland.

Heckingbottom faced the media
Heckingbottom faced the mediaCredit: Alamy Live News

“But you also have to be prepared to change things because some teams will just start hitting it long to counteract what you’re trying to do.

"I think Daniel’s way at Barnsley was all about reacting to losing the ball and pressing. Scottish football provides a proper test for a coach. I feel better for it.

“I wanted to experience a different type of football and I threw myself into it for my nine months at Hibs.

“Daniel’s already proved he can go to a different country and manage when he went to Barnsley. I know he’s fascinated by what Scottish football could offer him.

“He didn’t give too much away about his future. But he was certainly interested enough to quiz me.

“Edinburgh’s a great football city. But you can’t be anything less than 100 per cent committed to the job — Hibs and Hearts are major clubs — or underestimate Scottish football.

“I told Daniel that and I will keep a close eye on how he does if he does go to Hearts.”

Heckingbottom might have been sacked by Hibees owner Ron Gordon in the aftermath of the Betfred Cup semi-final thrashing by Celtic last month.

But he still has no regrets over heading north, despite the way his brief Easter Road reign ended.

Holyrood_Hearts

Delighted this is finally happening (if it’s true) well done AB & the club for eventually getting this done 

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Well done @dazajmbo👏👍

That you self banning yourself as promised now? 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

But what time Daz, where will it be Daz, will he have a tie on Daz, is he to be called Dan Danny or Daniel daz, will budge be there Daz, have they picked a scarf for him Daz....

just asking for an agent friend 👍

I'll check with agents wife, depends if she has recovered from her sad, tragic and untrue death yet. 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

👍. When you know and have decent info you can share it. That's all me and Daz do.

Although I beat Daz on this one ;)

@franko1874 can vouch that I informed him before updating anybody on here 😜

Italian Lambretta

Thank **** we can finally put this thread to the annals of history. Just in time to start the 50 million page thread of the January transfer window 🙄

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"He is believed to have made it clear during discussions that a number of the existing Jambos backroom staff would have to go to make space for Stern and Tonge."

Warming to him already...

35 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just recieved a text saying the same thing.

Delighted finally getting announced to get the muppets on here of my case.  Excited but nervous about how well he will do though.

Thanks for the wee bits of info you post 👍

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Do you ever post anything without the name Levein in it ?

I prever 'Lhevein'. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

This thread gets worse 😂😂😂

Yes, mate. 

Yes it does. :(

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Is that even possible? :smile:

Apparently so. :(

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Not the brightest, for sure.

Mate? :(

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Happy days.  It looks like BetVictor no longer have a market open too.

All the signs are good.

Closed it hours ago.

StevenNaismith
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

👍. When you know and have decent info you can share it. That's all me and Daz do.

Although I beat Daz on this one ;)

I posted about 4 pages ago it should be happening tomorrow. 

I want to reiterate though that despite what Daz says, Stendel did not sign last Tuesday. He’s actually still not signed but will tomorrow when he arrives. My source on this is the best source you could get outwith Stendel or Budge.

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That you self banning yourself as promised now? 

I'll check with agents wife, depends if she has recovered from her sad, tragic and untrue death yet. 

@franko1874 can vouch that I informed him before updating anybody on here 😜

Correct 👍

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Do you ever post anything without the name Levein in it ?

Yes

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I want to reiterate though that despite what Daz says, Stendel did not sign last Tuesday. He’s actually still not signed but will tomorrow when he arrives. My source on this is the best source you could get outwith Stendel or Budge.

The lawyer or Donald Park then?

Although struggling I think Stendal would’ve been impressed with a few of the players in our squad and their background.  

Naismith, Washington and Whelan in particular would catch his eye. Hearts link with Man City, although in its infancy, would’ve interested him also.

A great challenge for him but there’s something to work with, and in time, hopefully add his own style of player as well as he reshapes the squad.  

millerjames398

If the 2nd paragraphs true, and the shit hit the fan during a stint as manager for us, he'd be carted off in a hannibal lecter mask and a straight jacket 😂

Serge Pizzorno
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

SN is the most accurate "ITK" on here. 

Good info again mate👏

Bazzas right boot

The stendal in thread will Likley reach 200 pages. 

The question is, will the stendal oot thread beat it? 

:levein_interesting:

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ex-Hibs boss Heckingbottom not afraid to tell Stendel he’ll love life at Hearts

PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM isn’t slow to confess he wishes he was still at Hibs.

And he hasn’t got a problem telling Daniel Stendel he would love it at HEARTS.

Ex-Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel

Ex-Barnsley boss Daniel StendelCredit: Getty Images - Getty

Heckingbottom is intrigued by the news his former Barnsley successor is poised to take charge at Tynecastle, with the Jambos currently in freefall and facing a relegation scrap.

Heck sat with Stendel at a dinner last week and the German wasn’t shy in firing questions at him about football life in Edinburgh and the Scottish game.

DAN'S THE MAN Hearts set to confirm Stendel as club's new manager within 24 hours

By that stage Stendel, 45, was already well down the road in talks with Jambos supremo Ann Budge and had been given the guided tour of Tynecastle.

Heckingbottom believes Stendel, who followed him as Tykes boss in 2018, could be successful in Gorgie with his playing philosophy.

Former Hibs boss Paul Heckingbottom

Former Hibs boss Paul HeckingbottomCredit: Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow

But he also warned him not to accept the Hearts post if he’s anything less than 100 per cent committed to it.

Heck said: “I met Daniel at a football writers’ dinner last week.

“I don’t know him, but it was nice to have a chat — and let’s just say he was keen to find out about Scottish football and my own experience in Edinburgh.

“I was happy to help and I told him how much I enjoyed it. I liked the intensity of the game up there and the feel of the games from the fans.

“The passion for football in Scotland is massive. Sometimes in England you are at matches and there’s a corporate feel to them.

“But by and large it’s not the case in Scotland. Football properly matters to everyone there.

“Easter Road and Tynecastle are great venues. The derby games are fantastic — Daniel would appreciate them, for sure.

“The best advice I’d give him is simply: ‘Play your way, stick to your methods’. I actually think his high pressing style game would serve Daniel well in Scotland.

Heckingbottom faced the media

Heckingbottom faced the mediaCredit: Alamy Live News

“But you also have to be prepared to change things because some teams will just start hitting it long to counteract what you’re trying to do.

"I think Daniel’s way at Barnsley was all about reacting to losing the ball and pressing. Scottish football provides a proper test for a coach. I feel better for it.

“I wanted to experience a different type of football and I threw myself into it for my nine months at Hibs.

“Daniel’s already proved he can go to a different country and manage when he went to Barnsley. I know he’s fascinated by what Scottish football could offer him.

“He didn’t give too much away about his future. But he was certainly interested enough to quiz me.

“Edinburgh’s a great football city. But you can’t be anything less than 100 per cent committed to the job — Hibs and Hearts are major clubs — or underestimate Scottish football.

“I told Daniel that and I will keep a close eye on how he does if he does go to Hearts.”

Heckingbottom might have been sacked by Hibees owner Ron Gordon in the aftermath of the Betfred Cup semi-final thrashing by Celtic last month.

But he still has no regrets over heading north, despite the way his brief Easter Road reign ended.

Great comments. Well done to him for that, a few weeks away from that place and he's improved again 👏

51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Whether or not I wanted a change I am getting one, as are you, so why do you continually rabbit on about him in every post.  He's gone (from the 1st team at least) so why don't you try and move on, if only for the good of your health.  Do you wake up during the night thinking he's in your room?

Did you not want a change Al? Probably not as you were one who cut anyone to threads if they dared to question where Levein was taking us. Does that now embarrass you? 🤔

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Tell Craig I'm asking for him.

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:FFS Morgan, it’s not cancer. I don’t even care. Even when I had hair I used to shave it all off anyway because it used to grow out straight and I looked like a hedgehog. I don’t take myself too seriously mate.. 👍🏼

My brother lost all of his hair when he hadthe cancer. It was the thing that pissed him off the most. He had a fine mop. 

Unfortunately it didn't grow back in the way he'd hoped, so now he's one of those hipster kents with a baldy heid and the beard of three vikings. 

46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bongo obviously heard the news as well. I’m taking that as 3 confirms. 

:pleasing:

Herr Stendel Kommt

👍🇱🇻 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My brother lost all of his hair when he hadthe cancer. It was the thing that pissed him off the most. He had a fine mop. 

Unfortunately it didn't grow back in the way he'd hoped, so now he's one of those hipster kents with a baldy heid and the beard of three vikings. 

:tlj:i’m one of those kents. :sob:

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👍🇱🇻 

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ITK aligning, getting reported widely as advanced talks in the press, wouldn't be surprised if either the Sun or Record go with a story that he is due to sign.

Sounds like the manager who fits what we need, but having been burned by Cathro I am excited with slight nerves.

Strap ourselves in.

Unlike Cathro he does have some man management experience. He is still seemingly well liked by supporters of the club that sacked him. 

i say the risk is measurably lower compared to Cathro if we do land him. 

I wonder how he worded it to have back room staff removed "get that utter ramjet with the shaggy hair and shite set plays tae ****" :kirklol:

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

I wonder how he worded it to have back room staff removed "get that utter ramjet with the shaggy hair and shite set plays tae ****" :kirklol:

Alles aus!!

• davemclaren locked this topic