• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The players needed it first. It’s going over old ground but anyone associated directly with the first team should’ve gone.  

Park and Kirk could’ve taken temp charge to at least rid the training pitch of the same voices and coaching the players had for long enough. Not emptying who Levein left behind changed anything.  

I think I was just glad to see Levein gone at the time. Looking at it with hindsight I think you are right. McPhee, Kirk and Daly should've all gone with Craig.

The thing that annoys me most is setting a date on an appointment, I don’t get it.  All because we want a SD in first? Bollocks to that , the manager should be the priority this should have been done within two weeks. We are down the bottom of the league and fannying about something rotten. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

If he has signed, why would he go to Germany to then fly back ?

There could be a whole host of reasons 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

There could be a whole host of reasons 

IF you are a new manager of a club, is it not normal to crack on straight away. Not take a few days off first. Smells funny to me.

52 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

To be fair not sure anyone officially has said hearts want him or there is anything to actually fall through...

All based on assumptions which why I find this thread slightly strange 

This is true but supporters are bound to speculate. 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

German's do do a good Christmas market🎄🤶😊

Coburg Hearts
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think I was just glad to see Levein gone at the time. Looking at it with hindsight I think you are right. McPhee, Kirk and Daly should've all gone with Craig.

Andy Kirk?

53 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Based on the fact that we’re looking for a manager and there’s been a good few on here saying we’re in talks then there’s a strong possibility that he’s the man they want. He’s also 1/10 on skybet....no smoke without fire.

So very little then haha

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

IF you are a new manager of a club, is it not normal to crack on straight away. Not take a few days off first. Smells funny to me.

Depends what he has to tie up in his homeland before relocating here.

You don’t just a job in a new country and start a day later.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Andy Kirk?

Would've maybe been an option as interim. As I said, it's with the benefit of hindsight, I wasn't too bothered at the time when AM got interim boss.

Folk were asking for a clean sweep of first team coaches at the time and they may well have been right.

MarkDevriesScores4

I was all for taking time to get the right man but 5 weeks is ridiculous. I’m not going Wednesday night if an appointment has not been made.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This is true but supporters are bound to speculate. 

Agree , it's one of the main purposes of this forum.

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hmm. Money going on McCann. His odds down to 6/1. Stendels out to 1/4...?! 

Edit: oops, didn't mean to quote you F1874. 

Edited by troonmaroon

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Did he not live in Barnsley area ? Genuine question

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Took Liverpool 4 days to replace Rodgers with Klopp.

Just saying !

14 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

The thing that annoys me most is setting a date on an appointment, I don’t get it.  All because we want a SD in first? Bollocks to that , the manager should be the priority this should have been done within two weeks. We are down the bottom of the league and fannying about something rotten. 

It’s all Kewl mate. There’s nae hurry y’know.

Probably coincidence but Sky Sports were at Tynecastle this morning interviewing Alan Mclaren re weekend results

Coburg Hearts
36 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The players needed it first. It’s going over old ground but anyone associated directly with the first team should’ve gone.  

Park and Kirk could’ve taken temp charge to at least rid the training pitch of the same voices and coaching the players had for long enough. Not emptying who Levein left behind changed anything.  

If Ewan Murray is correct you're going to be disappointed. 

Ewan Murray. 

You address it by changing the manager mate, as they are doing. Liam Fox for example really highly regarded by players. You don’t just clear everyone out (and they won’t, it’s financially bonkers for a start).

PhoenixHearts
16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Going home to get some clean socks and a fresh pair of gruds

SuperstarSteve
Just now, the general said:

Probably coincidence but Sky Sports were at Tynecastle this morning interviewing Alan Mclaren re weekend results

mclaren was  interviewed but pretty much tore into the board/club for having no plan and still having no replacement for levein 

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would've maybe been an option as interim. As I said, it's with the benefit of hindsight, I wasn't too bothered at the time when AM got interim boss.

Folk were asking for a clean sweep of first team coaches at the time and they may well have been right.

Is he not reserve team coach, though?

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We must appoint him today it’s that simple for me, it’s turning into a ****in saga.

It’s a very unfunny pantomime, Hearts seem to be experts at it going back to being promoted from the championship, offloading players for singing a song in gorgie pubs several extended player recruitment sagas ending in failure the issues with the stand and our last 2 management Appointments and I hate to say it but all of it was avoidable 

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Is he not reserve team coach, though?

Yeah, that's why I said maybe an option as interim. Probably the only option outside the first team coaches  Could've gone down the route of Naysmith and/or Locke temporarily I suppose.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, that's why I said maybe an option as interim. Probably the only option outside the first team coaches  Could've gone down the route of Naysmith and/or Locke temporarily I suppose.

Agreed. 

58 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

Stendel direct family no longer live in east Germany, their family home is in Ronnenberg, Frankfurt is the international hub for direct flights to Edinburgh.  You may live in Ronnenberg does not mean theres a flight to Edinburgh from Hannover. 

Anyway, believe or dont believe. I expect an apology before tea time;

Who is your brother m8? 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Not often we are on the same side eh. I find it mental that people can say budge knows nothing about football but then seem surprised she’s taking her time to get it right. The same folk that don’t think McCann/McCall/Cotterill/Ross are good enough but are upset that an appointment hasn’t been made. 🙈🤷🏼‍♂️

There's taking your time and then there's taking your time. We are in deep shite and she needs to get her finger out. Pronto. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

There's taking your time and then there's taking your time. We are in deep shite and she needs to get her finger out. Pronto. 

We are in deep shite, no arguments here. However, am happy to wait as long as the right man is appointed with the right vision. She made huge mistakes in Cathro and Levein. She won’t want to do the same. Am not panicking yet. Understand why others are tho. 

13 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Hmm. Money going on McCann. His odds down to 6/1. Stendels out to 1/4...?! 

Edit: oops, didn't mean to quote you F1874. 

No bother mate. 

We could have appointed McCann weeks ago so will be majorly disappointed if it is him 

Fxxx the SPFL
58 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

She is more interested in the Christmas party bookings

i'm going to the Hogmanay one

SomethingAboutObua

Was expecting him to be unveiled today to avoid him being hammered in his first match at Ibrox. If he’s this hard to convince to  manage us now over the next possibly available Yorkshire/Lancashire league one team then we need to be looking at other candidates. Even though our list is absolutely dire on all counts, get someone who would want to be here (if anyone decent actually does want to be here by now) 

3 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Absolute nonsense. More made up drivel.

But but but, yes yes yes, no no no it was CL that said it but then again maybe he didn’t.

Anyway where is Stendel or any other manager as we’re at the bottom of the league and 

relegation is calling and Ann is running out of excuses and time.

Edited by mitch41

7 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Really think if there’s no planned announcement today that the club should at least issue an update

I'd like one to say there's a new manager - if not then one that says MacPhee and the diddy men have been emptied and Naysmith and Locke will take the team v Livi

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What should she do (appoint who)?

Do you know what is causing the hold-up?

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I typed out my sickest ever JKB post - realised it would have been front page of the EEN, so deleted!

I'll take the safe option and say "He's maybe left his front door open"

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

I typed out my sickest ever JKB post - realised it would have been front page of the EEN, so deleted!

I'll take the safe option and say "He's maybe left his front door open"

Oooft! Good delete.

Just now, j1964m said:

Watford to appoint new manager today or tomorrow and still nothing happening with us absolute joke 

Aye they showed us how to get a new manager quickly the last time by appointing the same man and we know how that worked out.

Maybe if we appointed CL again quickly that would appease you - or maybe not.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What should she do (appoint who)?

Do you know what is causing the hold-up?

Yes I know sir.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sky betting now has him 1/10 with Warnock and McCall 2nd favourite at 10/1

McCall !!!!  Is he still not working, oh right I know he’s crap and only a crap club would employ him.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

McCall !!!!  Is he still not working, oh right I know he’s crap and only a crap club would employ him.

I’m getting the fear that it’ll be either McCall or McCann :sob:

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye they showed us how to get a new manager quickly the last time by appointing the same man and we know how that worked out.

Maybe if we appointed CL again quickly that would appease you - or maybe not.

It took one month to appoint Levein after Cathro was sacked. 

I wouldn’t call that quick. 

• davemclaren locked this topic