Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Would you be happier if we had just signed an available one four weeks ago rather than take longer to pursue one that might be better? At least I hope/assume that’s what they’ve been doing. 

You hope and assume.

I've said it before. Stendel is the man we want and that is fair enough but if he doesn't want us we should not try and force the issue. We need someone who is 100% committed.

Realistically I wanted Warnock or Holloway. I think we could have gone out and got them by now. Even if it was to the end of the season then get a fresh start in the summer. 

McCann and McCall have never proven they are up to this job. They would likely keep the same backroom staff that we have now as well. No thanks.

This should have been done weeks ago. Ann new she had a decision to make months ago. This has been going wrong for a long time and we have known for a long time that Levein was trying to dig us out of a hole. 

Instead of waiting for him to be sacked we should have had a list of managers drawn up long ago and as soon as Levein went one of them should have been ready to step in.

This has been done in a shite way.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, JamboMarc said:

6DB6AB14-A10A-419F-8EA7-F4F17D87C170.jpeg

ETA 12:34 (24 mins delay).

Usual folk on airport watch today???

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m really struggling here with whether or not we are shit at this or if it is just where we are as a club.

A quick appointment would undoubtedly been an McCall or McCann. We would either have had a new manager bounce or we wouldn’t but what would the 1 or 2 year future look like?

Or we are trying to fight above our weight and get somebody that is potentially a wee bit above us in the footballing world but is an ambitious signing and might take us to the next level. Such a manager would take time but I still think it should have been done in 2/3 weeks....

I’m a bit all over the place on this one. Don’t know what to think.

Forever Hearts
48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What should she do (appoint who)?

Do you know what is causing the hold-up?

Do you not think (and I know this idea is way out there) that she could've had somebody in mind before she sacked Levein? 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I agree it’s very frustrating. There was nothing to stop the club ( without Craig’s  involvement ) thinking about likely candidates prior to removing him. I would assume and hope they did. 

So if they had begun the process of looking for a new boss, say three weeks before CL's departure that would make it a 7-9 week process in total. That seems extreme to me.

I think it's more likely they were hoping CL was going to survive right up to the St Johnstone game and started the process from scratch after that.

Just my interpretation of what has been going on. Not factual in any way.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you not think (and I know this idea is way out there) that she could've had somebody in mind before she sacked Levein? 

I think it’s clear they didn’t. 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

You hope and assume.

I've said it before. Stendel is the man we want and that is fair enough but if he doesn't want us we should not try and force the issue. We need someone who is 100% committed.

Realistically I wanted Warnock or Holloway. I think we could have gone out and got them by now. Even if it was to the end of the season then get a fresh start in the summer. 

McCann and McCall have never proven they are up to this job. They would likely keep the same backroom staff that we have now as well. No thanks.

This should have been done weeks ago. Ann new she had a decision to make months ago. This has been going wrong for a long time and we have known for a long time that Levein was trying to dig us out of a hole. 

Instead of waiting for him to be sacked we should have had a list of managers drawn up long ago and as soon as Levein went one of them should have been ready to step in.

This has been done in a shite way.

I do hope and assume as, like most/all of us, I have little real info to go on. I still don’t believe they would not have some list of possible candidates prior to removing Craig. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

So what exactly have the club been doing in trying to appoint a manager? Just hoping MacPhee turns it around? It’s been a ludicrous process. 

Nah, given the timescales we ate obviously trying to over reach and get someone that is maybe more difficult than the usual suspects to get. 

Stendel seems to be that one. 

However, he may reject us. 

I'd rather try for someone a little different and/ or higher profile than go for a McCall / McCann / ross/ Robbo / Pressley type. 

She also said from the off it would be 4-6 weeks. 

No point in getting angry about something that was pointed out from the start. That is ludicrous imo. 

18 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I wouldn’t rush to compare our situation re managers with Watford’s. Yes, they may be appointing a new one within 24/48hrs of sacking their last manager, but they’re also allowing Graham Stack to take their training session today. I’d rather we took till 2021 than allowed that. 

Ground control to Sputnik RDSK you are breaking up, your last message was something crazy about 2021. 
Check your oxygen levels as you are sounding like your getting delirious.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

It’s all Kewl mate. There’s nae hurry y’know.

oh aye Ian 😂. No rush at all! 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m really struggling here with whether or not we are shit at this or if it is just where we are as a club.

A quick appointment would undoubtedly been an McCall or McCann. We would either have had a new manager bounce or we wouldn’t but what would the 1 or 2 year future look like?

Or we are trying to fight above our weight and get somebody that is potentially a wee bit above us in the footballing world but is an ambitious signing and might take us to the next level. Such a manager would take time but I still think it should have been done in 2/3 weeks....

Fair post, I'm here as well. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, karipidis said:

I think it’s clear they didn’t. 

Well that is quite simply unforgivable and unprofessional. 

If Scunny is at it then he's at least gone to a bit of effort with the backstory. Fair play.

Maybe a bit odd that a lower ranking member of his backroom staff at Barnsley knows he's signed within 45 minutes of him putting pen to paper, as well which flight he's on, but I suppose it's not outwith the realms of possibility.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Problem is all managers leave, very few are future proof at clubs like Hearts. I think this is essentially how Dempster operates at Hibs - If they're shit they're fired, they're good they leave for a bigger club, and the process starts again. I think Ann Budge is looking at this more as a business than a football club, and thinking long term.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What falls through?

The biggest problem on here is folk taking rumours as gospel and/or making stuff up in their own head. 

When it doesn't happen, they get all emotional and angry. 

It's hard to believe adults can function properly with this thinking. 

You really think there is nothing in the Stendel story but rumours?

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Ground control to Sputnik RDSK you are breaking up, your last message was something crazy about 2021. 
Check your oxygen levels as you are sounding like your getting delirious.

😂 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it is Stendel, then his contract at Barnsley would still only have been resolved a week ago. 

Would explain the time scales and delay. 

23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ll if this is true Budge needs to step aside and advertise for a CEO that can do the job she obviously can’t. 
IF Budge is at it again making it a deal breaker that Levein’s so called Boot Room mates have to be kept on

well I’m afraid she is going to employ a yes man who is so desperate for a job he’ll accept any conditions.

IF she is making these potential managers have to work with McPhee, Daly, Fox ect she will be guilty of 

turning the fans against her and her board as there will be consequences that will affect the clubs finances 

and position in Scottish football. Budge has got into a bad habit of messing up, dithering and employing 

a football department that is not up to the job.

Correct this must be changed and now !football wise shes not a clue !!!

36 minutes ago, maroon said:

Passing on what Ive heard last week or so. It's a fans forum give it a rest

Oh all right then - move on 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Problem is all managers leave, very few are future proof at clubs like Hearts. I think this is essentially how Dempster operates at Hibs - If they're shit they're fired, they're good they leave for a bigger club, and the process starts again. I think Ann Budge is looking at this more as a business than a football club, and thinking long term.

But where has that got them?

****ing nowhere.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You really think there is nothing in the Stendel story but rumours?

Nah, that would be my guess, but it is based on rumours and logic. 

Nothing concrete and ofc, and he may reject us. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What falls through?

The biggest problem on here is folk taking rumours as gospel and/or making stuff up in their own head. 

When it doesn't happen, they get all emotional and angry. 

It's hard to believe adults can function properly with this thinking. 

The biggest problem is Ann Budge who dithers and cannot make a decision that is crucial to Hearts.

Ann Budge is the person who is causing all the emotion and angry feeling by mismanaging the 

management of our team. She needs to get real.

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct this must be changed and now !football wise shes not a clue !!!

Give us your vast experience, go on...you big baby. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But where has that got them?

****ing nowhere.

Or us in the past, no where. 

Just now, mitch41 said:

The biggest problem is Ann Budge who dithers and cannot make a decision that is crucial to Hearts.

Ann Budge is the person who is causing all the emotion and angry feeling by mismanaging the 

Adults with the capacity of a spoilt child are creating an angry feeling. Some folks need to just grow up, its that simple.

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

McCall is still 10/1 with Sky bet. 

If it was that bi jobby surely he would’ve been appointed by now.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, given the timescales we ate obviously trying to over reach and get someone that is maybe more difficult than the usual suspects to get. 

Stendel seems to be that one. 

However, he may reject us. 

I'd rather try for someone a little different and/ or higher profile than go for a McCall / McCann / ross/ Robbo / Pressley type. 

She also said from the off it would be 4-6 weeks. 

No point in getting angry about something that was pointed out from the start. That is ludicrous imo. 

Not angry, just bemused by the whole process and your thinking that Hearts aren’t actually trying to pursue Stendel, and now you think we are pursuing him.

If we don’t get Stendel then it has been an amateur process from the beginning. If we wanted him from the outset, then we should have gone for him and if not successful conduct the interviews.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

She said from the off it would be 4-6 weeks. 

The problem is emotional, pant wetting, short - termist, clueless fans. 

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

It's Budge that needs the experience not Hector.

Her decision making on the football side hardly inspires the confidence some seem to have in her.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, karipidis said:

Not angry, just bemused by the whole process and your thinking that Hearts aren’t actually trying to pursue Stendel, and now you think we are pursuing him.

If we don’t get Stendel then it has been an amateur process from the beginning. If we wanted him from the outset, then we should have gone for him and if not successful conduct the interviews.

Ofc I think we are, but it is based on nothing concrete, just rumour and logic. 

I can differentiate the two and keep emotion in check. 

I also know that a lot depends on Stendel. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rubbish. It's not pantwetting that's got us where we are now. It's piss poor decision making at director level over a three year period.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What has she actually done wrong regarding hiring a new manager?

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If it was that bi jobby surely he would’ve been appointed by now.

That's logical, but if our 1st choice has knocked us back it could take all this time.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are nothing, you are a fool, and you are a waste of time, good night!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or us in the past, no where. 

Well look - in Scottish terms whatever you think of him - Levein should have been one of the safest pair of hands on Scottish football - I dont think we were out of the top 4 with him first time and he did really well with United.

I want us to out perform and I think that needs something a bit different- like Stendel. But there still needs to be a cut off point.... IMO

Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yep. We should take the long term view and recognise the success of our five year plan.

3 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

That shes absolutely hopeless ,by keeping levein into absolutely f....k us over ?    His signing of dross consistently? She handed him the reigns ...... andvim no baby m8 ,,and also no budge lover by any means,, unlike far too many on here......

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So if they had begun the process of looking for a new boss, say three weeks before CL's departure that would make it a 7-9 week process in total. That seems extreme to me.

I think it's more likely they were hoping CL was going to survive right up to the St Johnstone game and started the process from scratch after that.

Just my interpretation of what has been going on. Not factual in any way.

I imagine they wouldn’t have sounded anyone out until after he had gone but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just now, Roman1874 said:

You are nothing, you are a fool, and you are a waste of time, good night!

It's only just turned afternoon.

Just now, stevie1874 said:

What has she actually done wrong regarding hiring a new manager?

Last time - buggered about and ended up with the DOF being the manager as well

This time - She's not hired one yet after weeks of looking 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just because she said 4-6 weeks, does not make that acceptable, if she fails to deliver. 

Do you still lap up every word she says as if she is some sort of guru??

Once again she has painted herself into a corner and put pressure on herself to get a decision right. Hopefully she will not let herself down.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep. We should take the long term view and recognise the success of our five year plan.

It’s a rolling plan. The new one starts today, tomorrow... 😎

maroonlegions

No other club would let this shambles drag on this far. No fecking chance and for that fact i want her gone ASAP and the rest of the coaches and that clueless feckjng scout . 

Getting beyond the pale now . 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's Budge that needs the experience not Hector.

Her decision making on the football side hardly inspires the confidence some seem to have in her.

I've supported Hearts a long long time, this period is absolutely **** all and temporary as always. THATS FOOTBALL. You'd think, following Hearts , folks would be a bit more realistic and patient.

Edited by BobbyJenkins

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Not a popular opinion possibly but we should have tried harder to keep Neilson.

I recall Levein saying something like he didn’t even really bother - if someone wants to leave they want to leave..

People will disagree I know but we’d be in a much better place if Neilson has stayed IMO.

Just now, davemclaren said:

I imagine they wouldn’t have sounded anyone out until after he had gone but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Which is understandable given the circumstances but almost certainly to the detriment of the first team. If we had not had a DoF and manager being the same person we could've had a replacement lined up and ready to go a few days after the manager was bulleted.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So have no plan, no room for adapting/changing as you go...okay. Not all plans go to... plan. Shock horror.

• davemclaren locked this topic