Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I’m getting the fear that it’ll be either McCall or McCann :sob:

It better ****ing not be.

We've waited weeks for a new manager to be appointed.

I'll be ****ing raging if they sign a manager who we could have signed within an hour of Levein being removed. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I'll be ****ing raging if they sign a manager who we could have signed within an hour of Levein being removed. 

I can see Stendel turning us down and us making a quick appointment afterwards.

Just a feeling I have in my water.

Hope to **** I’m wrong.

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Did he not live in Barnsley area ? Genuine question

He probably did at one point.

Was he still there 6 weeks after being sacked though ? I doubt it.

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Took Liverpool 4 days to replace Rodgers with Klopp.

Just saying !

Unfortunately the circumstances are slightly different.

We can’t be compared with any EPL side unfortunately.....we could have hired McCall or McCann with a day.

But AB has decided to cast the net a bit further to see what she can catch.

Its a very different proposition.

I think she’s obviously going attracting a high profile manager much much more difficult than she probably imagined.

A wee bit naivety from Ann there imo.

On Stendel could Ann Budge please come out of hiding and tell her support what the hell is going on.

No need for breaking confidentialities or naming targets we the fans just need to know she is going 

to employ a manager in the next week. I’d like her to acknowledge that we are in a relegation battle 

and a high profile, quality manager is still her top priority and she is moving heaven and earth to find 

him. 

Budge met with him in Manchester last week.

He still doesnt seem too keen and is not a fan of not being able to have his own coaching staff. Budge obvisouly wants Macphee daly and fox to stay on. no clue why

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, maroon said:

He still doesnt seem too keen and is not a fan of not being able to have his own coaching staff. Budge obvisouly wants Macphee daly and fox to stay on. no clue why

She never met with him in Manchester, That`s already been confirmed.

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What should she do (appoint who)?

Do you know what is causing the hold-up?

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye they showed us how to get a new manager quickly the last time by appointing the same man and we know how that worked out.

Maybe if we appointed CL again quickly that would appease you - or maybe not.

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, maroon said:

Why are you even pretending you know this? 

Walter Bishop
8 minutes ago, sac said:

Thread should just be suspended until something actually happens, instead of all this itkfa nonsense.

You should be suspended. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

She never met with him in Manchester, That`s already been confirmed.

She went to manchester to see Man city representatives and to see Stendel was my understanding

Leveins Battalion

Do we all actually really want Stendel?

Here my take as a Jambo,the list of candidates in the media was absolutely honking,from that list my 1st choice would of been Stephen Robinson.I like what I have read and heard about Stendel but I dont have any 1st hand knowledge of him.

For me this who process has been an abomination and the same people on here defending Ann Budge are the same ones who defended Levein till the bitter end.The football team is in disarray,shambolic and rudderless.

A luxury of time is something we cannot afford mid way through a season and sitting g joint bottom of the table.

If it’s McCann or McCall after 5 weeks that will confirm that the clubs being badly run and the board need punted. 

Walter Bishop
Just now, maroon said:

She went to manchester to see Man city representatives and to see Stendel was my understanding

No, she was in Manchester for business that was agreed months ago, Already been clarified. 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Why are you even pretending you know this? 

Passing on what Ive heard last week or so. It's a fans forum give it a rest

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

No, she was in Manchester for business that was agreed months ago, Already been clarified. 

Months ago?? she went other week

GorgieRules22
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

You seem to know your stuff, is there even the hint of an announcement today ?

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

If it’s McCann or McCall after 5 weeks that will confirm that the clubs being badly run and the board need punted. 

We kindy know this already,its black and white for all to see.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Must admit I’m not a fan of wanting updates or statements from the club but we are going from bad to worse and have another game in 2 days

I agree with people that a “done deal” with Stendel would have seen him at training this morning starting his new job.

I am a fan of Budge but this is just starting to turn into an utter shit show.

GorgieRules22

The amount of adults making up stories that they know this and that about incoming managers has been fairly alarming this last few weeks......bordering on creepy and weird.

Walter Bishop

Months ago?? she went other week

She was there last week for a business meeting that was agreed months ago? 

Not sure what`s hard to understand. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The amount of adults making up stories that they know this and that about incoming managers has been fairly alarming this last few weeks......bordering on creepy and weird.

The club have created a vacuum. It’s only natural that a vacuum gets filled with shit. And I completely don’t blame fellow Jambos on that front at the moment.

This reminds me of that awful time under Romanov when Cervenkov, Korobochka and Frail managed the team by committee.

I can’t believe Budge has allowed herself to get into a position where she might be considered worse at running the club than Romanov - even if it is just temporary 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We kindy know this already,its black and white for all to see.

True but they can change that by making the right appointments. 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, maroon said:

Why are you blatantly lying?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Must be some sort of announcement today. 
If it’s McCall then let’s get on with it ffs.
Today though, this is a farce. 

No thanks. 

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And all the talk of being kept in the dark. Ann Gabe a timeline and as per previous, does her business behind closed doors and not through the papers.

As long as it's about the timeline she said, then we should judge her on the outcome, not in the fact she isn't personally writing to posters here giving them ITK latest information.

I'm confident when she announced the new man, she will also justify the time taken.

All appointments are a risk, and I am 100% confident she knows how much she needs to get this right, not just for fans, not just for results, but for the business side of the club as well.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why are you blatantly lying?

Who u talking to al capone.

I speak facts, dont believe it if u dont want too

I wouldn’t rush to compare our situation re managers with Watford’s. Yes, they may be appointing a new one within 24/48hrs of sacking their last manager, but they’re also allowing Graham Stack to take their training session today. I’d rather we took till 2021 than allowed that. 

Who u talking to al capone.

I speak facts, dont believe it if u dont want too

He doesn’t,  only you do.

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He probably did at one point.

Was he still there 6 weeks after being sacked though ? I doubt it.

Unfortunately the circumstances are slightly different.

We can’t be compared with any EPL side unfortunately.....we could have hired McCall or McCann with a day.

But AB has decided to cast the net a bit further to see what she can catch.

Its a very different proposition.

I think she’s obviously going attracting a high profile manager much much more difficult than she probably imagined.

A wee bit naivety from Ann there imo.

I was just kidding but i reckon most managers are prepared to go at short notice and let the club deal with the moving arrangements separately.

Having said that, i had a wee Google there and Barnsley appointed Stendel exactly one mnth after letting their previous manager go, so maybe he is someone who takes his time over these things.

6 minutes ago, maroon said:

We’ll if this is true Budge needs to step aside and advertise for a CEO that can do the job she obviously can’t. 
IF Budge is at it again making it a deal breaker that Levein’s so called Boot Room mates have to be kept on

well I’m afraid she is going to employ a yes man who is so desperate for a job he’ll accept any conditions.

IF she is making these potential managers have to work with McPhee, Daly, Fox ect she will be guilty of 

turning the fans against her and her board as there will be consequences that will affect the clubs finances 

and position in Scottish football. Budge has got into a bad habit of messing up, dithering and employing 

a football department that is not up to the job.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cardiff against Barnsley on Saturday.

Waiting on this to decide,  whoever wins, we take their ex

10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It took one month to appoint Levein after Cathro was sacked. 

I wouldn’t call that quick. 

Clubs sometimes sack their manager in the knowledge that there are options in the market that they can make a move for quickly, other times a managers tenure becomes untenable at a time where the options are limited to guys that have been out of work for a while or guys that you need to convince. 

There is no defined timeline for replacing a manager, it varies, sometimes it's a matter of hours (Jose at Spurs/JJ's return) and sometimes it's months and months (Tony Parkes taking caretaker charge of Blackburn for 7 months before Roy Hodgson arrived or David Pleats 8 months as caretaker at Spurs).

The reality is somewhere inbetween and on the back of 2 failed appointments we couldn't take the risk of not assessing all options to make whoever is appointed as little of a risk as possible. MacPhee has taken caretaker charge of 4 games, he's the 6th caretaker manager in our history to have reached that number of games so it's not exactly groundbreaking that we have gone this long trying to find a new manager..

I'm at the stage where we've taken so long that Stendel isn't a big enough name for me to justify this wait.  He's hardly Pep!

25 minutes ago, maroon said:

Hmmmmmmmm

29 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Would you be happier if we had just signed an available one four weeks ago rather than take longer to pursue one that might be better? At least I hope/assume that’s what they’ve been doing. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

If this falls through there’s going to be carnage.

It’s bordering on the ridiculous now.

What falls through?

The biggest problem on here is folk taking rumours as gospel and/or making stuff up in their own head. 

When it doesn't happen, they get all emotional and angry. 

It's hard to believe adults can function properly with this thinking. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, davemclaren said:

Would you be happier if we had just signed an available one four weeks ago rather than take longer to pursue one that might be better? At least I hope/assume that’s what they’ve been doing. 

I think everyone would've been happier (and it would've been beneficial to the team) if the whole process had begun before CL had been fired. 

I accept that may not have been possible because of the situation Ann put herself in by giving Craig a dual role at the club. 

The preceived lack of urgency while we're down the bottom of the table is extremely frustrating.

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What falls through?

The biggest problem on here is folk taking rumours as gospel and/or making stuff up in their own head. 

It's hard to believe adults can function properly. 

agreed. The club have never confirmed that they are even after Stendel, as much as I hope they are.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, GinRummy said:

I think everyone would've been happier (and it would've been beneficial to the team) if the whole process had begun before CL had been fired. 

I accept that may not have been possible because of the situation Ann put herself in by giving Craig a dual role at the club. 

The preceived lack of urgency while we're down the bottom of the table is extremely frustrating.

To be absolutely fair - we don’t know that it didn’t.

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

:spoton:

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be absolutely fair - we don’t know that it didn’t.

True. Seems unlikely to me but nobody knows for definite what has been going on.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I agree it’s very frustrating. There was nothing to stop the club ( without Craig’s  involvement ) thinking about likely candidates prior to removing him. I would assume snd hope they did. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What falls through?

It's hard to believe adults can function properly with this thinking. 

So what exactly have the club been doing in trying to appoint a manager? Just hoping MacPhee turns it around? It’s been a ludicrous process. 

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ll if this is true Budge needs to step aside and advertise for a CEO that can do the job she obviously can’t. 
IF Budge is at it again making it a deal breaker that Levein’s so called Boot Room mates have to be kept on

well I’m afraid she is going to employ a yes man who is so desperate for a job he’ll accept any conditions.

IF she is making these potential managers have to work with McPhee, Daly, Fox ect she will be guilty of 

turning the fans against her and her board as there will be consequences that will affect the clubs finances 

and position in Scottish football. Budge has got into a bad habit of messing up, dithering and employing 

a football department that is not up to the job.

If that is true then it's an absolute disgrace. This botched search has all the hallmarks of the last one and has Levein's dirty fingerprints all over it. Why on earth would Budge want these 3 clowns to continue unless she is hanging on to this flawed  bootroom plan.  No manager worth their salt would work like that. It will be Neil McCann with Levein, who imo has only been taken out of the limelight,  making a reappearance in some formal role in a few months. What a shambles

• davemclaren locked this topic