Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

I bring you good news and bad news.

the bad news after speaking to my brother, is he wont be joining Daniel at Tynecastle lol. Joking aside there wont be a general manager / sporting director type. It has been agreed that the relationship will be a ceo type, not sure who this involves. And the good news is it was completed around 45 minutes ago and the signing takes place tomorrow. Not sure of time or venue, was not mentioned.

Anyway good luck for the season.

Well, that will have kickback in a frenzy until then. haha Cheers.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

the bad news after speaking to my brother, is he wont be joining Daniel at Tynecastle lol. Joking aside there wont be a general manager / sporting director type. It has been agreed that the relationship will be a ceo type, not sure who this involves. And the good news is it was completed around 45 minutes ago and the signing takes place tomorrow. Not sure of time or venue, was not mentioned.

Hope you’re right bud👍🏼

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

If The Queen really is dead than can we announce a new manager on the same day her death is announced or would that be deemed disrespectful?!

games will be postponed for a few weeks

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

If The Queen really is dead than can we announce a new manager on the same day her death is announced or would that be deemed disrespectful?!

:rofl:

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

Cheers for the update mate! 

Let's hope it's done when I wake up later :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

Phil Anderton... 🤞

Walter Bishop
4 hours ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

3 posts and this guys now been taken as gospel. We really are desperate. 

It's going to be Stuart McCall, isn't it!

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

Meltdoon day is here 😁

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'll be punch drunk by the time it's over.

Some posters are way, way ahead of you. 

Today’s the day. Get this boy in and get the imposters out sharpish. Hopefully a few decent players in who can get us out this mess.

4 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Today’s the day. Get this boy in and get the imposters out sharpish. Hopefully a few decent players in who can get us out this mess.

Have to say Monday is D Day for me.  This fiasco has gone on far too long.  I would much prefer she dumped the imposters and put Locke and Gary Naismith in charge until the new guy is in place, whoever it is.

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Scunny 123 said:

Dear Hearts,

Matches with what our chairwoman said, that a new manager would deal with first team matters and report directly to the CEO. A sporting director will be in place but deal with all football matters except first team.

Hope your right.

38 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Maybe a double announcement today. Manager and sporting director. 

Could be why the delay with Stendel. Announce the two together. Who knows! 🤷‍♂️

Jambo, Goodbye
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

You're my favourite deputy

Made me laugh out loud. Probably more than it should have :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Toby Tyke said:

Barnsley fan here,  I come in peace.

Hopefully you will be getting Daniel as your new manager, it will be a great early Xmas present for you all.

I have supported Barnsley over 45 years and last year saw some of the best football at Oakwell I have ever seen ( the year we got promoted to the Premiership was special and against better teams than league one)  but we had some cracking entertainment.

i know some football purists reckon a 1-0 is best but as a fan I want to see 3-2/3-1.

Daniel went the extra mile for the fans, it's been mentioned that when he left he had a bit of a leaving do in the pub but when he first arrived it was the World Cup and he was in the pub with his German shirt on with the Barnsley fans, luckily Germany got knocked out out so we ended up not playing em so no idea what's would have happened. When he 1st came he need an interpreter as his English was limited but it wasn't long before he was doing interviews on his own and really made the effort. 

When the club got rid of him I reckon 95% of us were gutted. The results this season haven't been good but when you seek the best keeper in the league, the best 2 main centre backs and the top scoring centre forward and replace them with a bunch of 12 year olds from  clubs you never heard off what do you expect.

our new manager seem s like a decent  guy and now the kids have a bit of experience and if we get a couple of experienced players who knows.

However back to Daniel he will get you playing entertaining pressing football,  will created a team with a great team spirit

Thanks for that.

👍

The Wrinkly Ninja
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You have just hit the nail on the head there. Ann Budge would love to give the managers job to McPhee.

Absolute nonsense. More made up drivel.

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Absolute nonsense. More made up drivel.

After the Levein managers appointment you can hardly blame folk for thinking that.

You've no way of telling it's nonsense either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

After the Levein managers appointment you can hardly blame folk for thinking that.

You've no way of telling it's nonsense either.

Kind of what I think too. Extremely naive blue sky thinking on the football side of things 

Horatio Caine

No hint of any signing in any of the news outlets.  Not gonna happen today I fear.  MacPhee quoted on Forth news as saying we all need to pull together.

I'm normally a glass half full guy but this is just so draining.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kind of what I think too. Extremely naive blue sky thinking on the football side of things 

Hopefully she pulls a rabbit out the hat today.

After the mass shit show we've had to endure on the pitch for god knows how long now. 

Please, let today be the day we announce Mr Stendel. 

Right now, there's no denying we are in a battle for relegation giving current form, and the abundance of missing confidence from the players. 

However. The season can still be salvaged. A new man and coaching team with new ideas, will hopefully find this missing confidence. This along with a January transfer window. 

There's a mass amount of points on offer. Just get us away from the dog fight. I think we'd all take this for starters. 

Our predicament reminds me very much of Juande Ramos time at Tottenham. A decent enough squad, under performing badly. Languishing at the bottom of the table. 

Ramos is sacked. Harry Redknapp comes in, and it's a different ball game after that. Tottenham never looked back! 

I have every faith Stendel will do the same for us. 

Make it happen today Hearts!

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

No hint of any signing in any of the news outlets.  Not gonna happen today I fear.  MacPhee quoted on Forth news as saying we all need to pull together.

I'm normally a glass half full guy but this is just so draining.

Nothing Austin can say will make any difference. Beating Livi on Wednesday is the only thing that matters.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully she pulls a rabbit out the hat today.

Knowing our luck it will be a rabbit 

The Treasurer

If Stendel is the man we want then there are only 2 questions to ask.

1 Do you want the job

2 What are your terms

If the first answer is no or the second one out with our reach, then move on.

This cannot be allowed to drag on any longer

Just now, martoon said:

They won't announce him until his first game is one we can win. :whistling:

When do we play St Mirren next?

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

League cup groups?

Frankfurt flight arriving at 12:10

Quoted wrong person  

Edited by jambocub

GorgieRules22

No announcement today and come Wednesday the fans should crank up the pressure on Ann Budge and her man Les Dennis. There is no excuse for letting it fester so long to name a manager especially after the time it took to actually relieve Levein of his duties.

5 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

When do we play St Mirren next?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

League cup groups?

I'd suggest the Airdrie Cup tie but that's a fate I shouldn't tempt after the 1991, 1992, 1995, 2008/09 debacles. 

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Due in noon. 2pm announcement today then!

At the latest if we have any chance of preparing the team well for Wed night.

The players have chucked it under AM.

Edited by Gashauskis9

Jambof3tornado

It either needs done today or we announce that he's not our man.

We "must" have a shortlist and backup plans.

• davemclaren locked this topic