Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Atmosphere will be toxic on Wednesday if there's no update by then and we're treated to the usual shite on the park.

Yep, just been discussing that. I know one or two season ticket guys not going on Wed if there’s no appointment. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Definitely.  Which begs the question, why should he be kept on in any capacity?

He shouldnt. We dont need a SD

A good manager with his choice of assistant will be fine. A separate director of academy too.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs fan at work reckons Leanne is out the door shortly. She’d be available 😎

Leanne Dempster as our new CEO when Ann steps back into a minor role on the board.

Could do worse actually.

More importantly we need our new manager and SD appointed.

Then a new broom.

Arthur Morgan

Not even Klopp could turn this team around. Bunch of cowards we have and it's all down to Levein. Budge has to take some of the blame also for letting it go on for so long. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Just now, luckydug said:

Leanne Dempster as our new CEO when Ann steps back into a minor role on the board.

Could do worse actually.

More importantly we need our new manager and SD appointed.

Then a new broom.

Yep, manager this week please.

39 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Is it safe to say that  Daza is a weird slavering erse then ?

Aye. And if the move does come off, you can bet that history will be rewritten to say he told everyone about it weeks before the press. As apparently now happened with Berra and Lafferty.

What does give me confidence is Ewan Murray saying it has a very good chance of happening, as of last night.

Just now, tynietigers said:

Yes 👍🏻

I'll believe that when I see a scarf above his head, can't see it happening now.

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Barely over four weeks 

Get him in the morn ,,or f.....g tell him to f....k off, !

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Yes 👍🏻

Well if he watched that so called performance today he will be well aware of the difficult task ahead. 

25 minutes ago, lou said:

I find it baffling that there hasn't been a update from the Club, the disengagement at the moment is scary

What would it say? 

Not ITK but my opinion on this will play out is this - well tell Stendel tonight or tomorrow we need an answer (if he hasn’t given one already) we’ll either appoint him tomorrow or it’ll be leaked to the papers we’ve went for Robinson with him appointed and compensation paid by Tuesday afternoon. 

25 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Munich will have an idea, but they are also sitting 4 points off the top of the league. Hardly comparable. You are, and have been for some time, an apologist for failure.

Not at all, an apologist for doing things properly I’ll give you. Especially when it comes to hiring the most important person at the  football club. 

26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stendel ain't coming,wake up guys.

High press football with Berra White Whelan Bozanic and Uche 🙈

We need to learn the basics before we think about entertaining.

So we hire a manager to suit our players style? Is that how it goes?  Or do we hire a manager whose philosophy we buy into and then support him to build the team and squad he needs. Two of those  named def  wont be at club next season and indeed it wouldn’t surprise if none of them are here regardless of who the manager is. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So we hire a manager to suit our players style? Is that how it goes?  Or do we hire a manager whose philosophy we buy into and then support him to build the team and squad he needs. Two of those  named def  wont be at club next season and indeed it wouldn’t surprise if none of them are here regardless of who the manager is. 

Its a two way situation, for Stendel we’d be a pretty horrific fit. I.e. it’s mid season, it’s debated what budget he’ll have, it’s a brand new league/country and our players couldn’t be more unsuited to his preferred playing style if we tried.

Moving to Hearts is an extremely risky career move for someone that’s currently got a decent reputation down south.

14 minutes ago, allyby said:

I'll believe that when I see a scarf above his head, can't see it happening now.

I think we all will 🤞

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Its a two way situation, for Stendel we’d be a pretty horrific fit. I.e. it’s mid season, it’s debated what budget he’ll have, it’s a brand new league/country and our players couldn’t be more unsuited to his preferred playing style if we tried.

Moving to Hearts is an extremely risky career move for someone that’s currently got a decent reputation down south.

Maybe, but few managers get a new job when their new team are doing well. 

North Berwick Jambo

I think it whatever issues were delaying the deal will have sorted out over this weekend & I believe he will be announced tomorrow. The truth is nobody on here really knows 100% what’s going on behind the scenes & I think Ann knows who we want & why we want him so I have faith she will deliver this time, she knows she has too 😉

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Djnoisy said:

If and it’s a big If Stendel has agreed to come to Hearts, then Ann will announce it within hours of this shambles we’re witnessing at Ibrox to deflect on this. 

If it’s done, the game is now out the way I’d announce it tonight with a 9am tomorrow morning presser so he can get the **** on with sorting out these players that have thrown the towel in

Say what you like about Levein the players have personal and professional accountability and are failing miserably in this.

The sideshow re management announcements needs out the way - no fan fair or timing for max publicity. He needs on the training ground from 9:30 tomorrow. 

And whilst I kind of have some faith in Daza if he was anywhere close to getting the job he should have been there today (not saying he wasn’t. But it doesn’t sound like it which is very disappointing).

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

12 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Not ITK but my opinion on this will play out is this - well tell Stendel tonight or tomorrow we need an answer (if he hasn’t given one already) we’ll either appoint him tomorrow or it’ll be leaked to the papers we’ve went for Robinson with him appointed and compensation paid by Tuesday afternoon. 

Too quick, if we don’t get Stendel I honestly believe it’ll be a minimum of a fortnight.

6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Dont think he is coming or he would have been here already

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe, but few managers get a new job when their new team are doing well. 

It’s a bit more than ‘not well’ though, Hearts job at the moment is practically a hiding to nothing.

We’d probably actually be more attractive relegated.

1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

Who's making insults? The trolley boy at Tesco was superb, always had time for a chat with him.

Twisting your words just because you lost this one, tut tut.

7 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It’s a bit more than ‘not well’ though, Hearts job at the moment is practically a hiding to nothing.

We’d probably actually be more attractive relegated.

Again, maybe but I just think any manager with ambition sees the chance to move up a league very quickly as a very appealing job. He is not coming here to build a dynasty at Hearts he is coming here to further his cv to move on to greater things. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Again, maybe but I just think any manager with ambition sees the chance to move up a league very quickly as a very appealing job. He is not coming here to build a dynasty at Hearts he is coming here to further his cv to move on to greater things. 

Again though your suggesting there’s potential to move up quickly - based on what? The squad Levein has left is awful and many are at an age where improvement isn’t even possible.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

If he’s not there he ain’t the next hearts manager.

What if he's back in Germany getting ready for his move to Edinburgh, and the announcement tomorrow? Not saying that's what going to happen, but it's as plausible as anything else on here.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What if he's back in Germany getting ready for his move to Edinburgh, and the announcement tomorrow? Not saying that's what going to happen, but it's as plausible as anything else on here.

That's feasible. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Bit touched by what?

Please explain.

It'll interesting to see a reply to that.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If he was getting announced as the new manager tomorrow he would have been at Ibrox today.  Like any new manager would have been. 

23 minutes ago, allyby said:

Twisting your words just because you lost this one, tut tut.

Have you ever met the trolley boy at Colinton Tesco?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It'll interesting to see a reply to that.

The Tesco trolly guy who is now retired is a Hearts man through and through I found out when I regularly chatted with him.

12 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Bit touched by what?

Please explain.

Nah, because whatever I say you're just dying to take offence on someone else's behalf. Crack on.

1 minute ago, allyby said:

M&S old chap.

I'm generally Waitrose, but then I haven't always been fabulously wealthy. Tesco has it's uses.

2 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

The Tesco trolly guy who is now retired is a Hearts man through and through I found out when I regularly chatted with him.

He was top dollar, and it wasn't like you could NOT find out he was a Hearts man. I barely had the car door open and he was asking me what the score was going to be. Great guy. Tell me, how is he doing, all well I hope?

18 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

cant see it mate. Hope you’re right though.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, lou said:

I find it baffling that there hasn't been a update from the Club, the disengagement at the moment is scary

Spot on Lou. Everytime anyone mentions an update or statement on here they’re immediately shot down. 

We used to get updates from Budge fairly frequently but now when the club is almost bordering on a crisis she’s nowhere to be seen or heard 

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If he was getting announced as the new manager tomorrow he would have been at Ibrox today.  Like any new manager would have been. 

Nah not necessarily mate. This isn’t always the case imho. Either way hopefully this will conclude this week!

Nothing much has changed since earlier today. We we were hammered last week and we’ve been hammered this week. last week’s defeat was arguably worse. 

Let’s hope we get someone in place in the next couple of days. 

11 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I'm generally Waitrose, but then I haven't always been fabulously wealthy. Tesco has it's uses.

You should try M&S, their Humble Pie is lovely!

6 hours ago, ray said:

Why

Holding out for a better offer in England which WILL come. In the meantime he is HAPPY to take some time out. He is in a VERY good position. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, lou said:

I think it is shocking Budge has not kept the fans/soon to be owners updated.

Coburg Hearts
53 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

cant see it mate. Hope you’re right though.

So do I, bud, but  .............

image.jpeg.68405cec3ec6f619fb53e7753ae3c0c2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I think it is shocking Budge has not kept the fans/soon to be owners updated.

What could she say?

• davemclaren locked this topic