• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

According to some on here it’s five weeks when it’s barely more than four. Clowns. 

looks like she is following the process but been held up by negotiations with the preferred candidate. What should she do? Just walk away from her preferred candidate in the huff? 

It’s more to do with how long she took to get rid of a guy who has us in relegation trouble, now it’s 4 going on 5 weeks to replace him.

Head out the sand time, the clubs sinking like the Titanic and for me she’s not strong enough.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When did he become the preferred candidate? 3 weeks after we wasted time interviewing clowns like McCann? 

EVERY football club the owner should have one eye on who’s next as football managers are only ever short term appointments, an absolute farce that she only started thinking about it after levein was given the bullet.. 

Stendel would have been my #1 choice 5 weeks ago but it should be time boxed.. not drag on endlessly.. 

her process is more suited to finding a marketing lead than a football manager. 

there are very good reasons that football teams tend to re-appoint within a week or 2 especially for mid season appointments.

Exactly. We have wasted time interviewing no hopers. Why have we done this? Meanwhile we go from bad to worse.

Identify the man you want and interview him. If agreement camt be reached go on to the next choice. Unfortunately Budge and the board have not got a clue who the best man would be.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Exactly. We have wasted time interviewing no hopers. Why have we done this? Meanwhile we go from bad to worse.

Identify the man you want and interview him. If agreement camt be reached go on to the next choice. Unfortunately Budge and the board have not got a clue who the best man would be.

Ann Budge said it though so let’s all just agree with her bullshit..

she obviously knows more about what it takes to make a successful football team than all of the other football club owners who do seem to think creating a stable environment for players is quite important when it comes to getting results. 😂😂 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Back in his house watching the game from the sofa thanking his lucky stars he didn't accept our offer. 

billythejambo
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

fans on here "we want a better class of manager."

Hearts go for a better class of manager which takes time due to complex negotiation and persuading the candidate and advise fans from start it may take a while.

Same fans "this is taking too long, it should have been done in a week, get Ann Budge out."

Exactly 

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Following 'the process' she may well be, but if 'the process' takes this long then I would suggest that 'the process' is wrong.

It took spurs three months to persuade Jose. Let’s see how long Arsenal take. 
of course we could just copy Watford and change managers every three or four months. 

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

fans on here "we want a better class of manager."

Hearts go for a better class of manager which takes time due to complex negotiation and persuading the candidate and advise fans from start it may take a while.

Same fans "this is taking too long, it should have been done in a week, get Ann Budge out."

Yep, other than Stendel and maybe Warnock none of the interested managers, that we know about, are acceptable to anything close to a majority on here. She probably feels the same. Her choice is do I make a quick appointment that I, and the fans, don’t think is a good one or do I pursue our preferred candidate?  She is getting a hammering for doing the sensible thing. Typical  of this forum. 

If nothing by Monday I will be sad. Not that I'm jumping for joy right now.

Edited by Turkishcap

I think if Stendell wanted to be our coach he'd have accepted the job by now. The delay in appointing someone is becoming as frustrating as Levein being in charge.

Don’t think today’s result or performance would make make any difference to his decision, he will be more than aware that we punted our last manager for a good reason. 

kingantti1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yep, other than Stendel and maybe Warnock none of the interested managers, that we know about, are acceptable to anything close to a majority on here. She probably feels the same. Her choice is do I make a quick appointment that I, and the fans, don’t think is a good one or do I pursue our preferred candidate?  She is getting a hammering for doing the sensible thing. Typical  of this forum. 

There is absolutely nothing sensible about taking 6 weeks to appoint a manager mid season.   I’m not sure what is stupider, taking 6 weeks or trying to justify it.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Shes on a lose lose here, she is taking time so is get stick from fans and pundits who make it out that its easy to make the right choice quickly, if she appointed someone quickly like some wanted and that person doesn't work out, then she will get the blame for the recruitment (and those who called for a quick appointment will face no criticism.)

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When did he become the preferred candidate? 3 weeks after we wasted time interviewing clowns like McCann? 

EVERY football club the owner should have one eye on who’s next as football managers are only ever short term appointments, an absolute farce that she only started thinking about it after levein was given the bullet.. 

Stendel would have been my #1 choice 5 weeks ago but it should be time boxed.. not drag on endlessly.. 

her process is more suited to finding a marketing lead than a football manager. 

there are very good reasons that football teams tend to re-appoint within a week or 2 especially for mid season appointments.

He wasn’t interested five weeks ago. Only became interested a week or so ago. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Shes on a lose lose here, she is taking time so is get stick from fans and pundits who make it out that its easy to make the right choice quickly, if she appointed someone quickly like some wanted and that person doesn't work out, then she will get the blame for the recruitment (and those who called for a quick appointment will face no criticism.)

Exactly. 

11 Craig Leveins
Spoiler

If we don't bring someone in on Monday witch will either be Stendel or McCann we will be rock bottom by the weekend players not interested Austin and Levein were both clearly the problem make a Change now Budge 😡

16 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Think that’s what happened. Just taken a week or two to get through the interviews. 

If and it’s a big If Stendel has agreed to come to Hearts, then Ann will announce it within hours of this shambles we’re witnessing at Ibrox to deflect on this. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There is absolutely nothing sensible about taking 6 weeks to appoint a manager mid season.   I’m not sure what is stupider, taking 6 weeks or trying to justify it.

I love sweeping absolute statements. You can think we cant afford to take six weeks and it is a gamble, but there is some sensible thinking that taking a short term hit to make the correct long term decision. So dont say there is abosolutely nothing

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ann Budge said it though so let’s all just agree with her bullshit..

she obviously knows more about what it takes to make a successful football team than all of the other football club owners who do seem to think creating a stable environment for players is quite important when it comes to getting results. 😂😂 

Watford - stable environment??? Plenty of others in the same boat. 

3 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

If and it’s a big If Stendel has agreed to come to Hearts, then Ann will announce it within hours of this shambles we’re witnessing at Ibrox to deflect on this. 

Dont think we are even close to making an appointment.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Save yourself, Daniel. Stay in England.

We'll take Neil McCann, for the assault on the Championship next year instead.👍🏻

There is more truth in this than you think. 

Edited by Djnoisy

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Making up a new word comes close. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I love sweeping absolute statements. You can think we cant afford to take six weeks and it is a gamble, but there is some sensible thinking that taking a short term hit to make the correct long term decision. So dont say there is abosolutely nothing

Correct, I often wonder what it’s like to live in a purely black and white world when I read some posts on here. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You think a managerial appointment will be long term :rofl: at our level he will be fired if he does a bad job or if he does a good job he will go take a bigger job at MK dons. 

NO football teams take this long mid season.. never happens.

Sadly he won't be coming , I expect this to confirmed in the next couple of days . 

Not ITK just looking at the overall state of play and applying common sense . WTF she goes from here god only knows . 

2 hours ago, Scunny 123 said:

Joined today just to give my support on Stendel joining your great club. My brother worked with him at Barnsley. Let me tell you he was near crying when he left. Hes 28. In fact he is in a video having a pint with him (if you go on youtube and type Stendel pint with Barnsley fans). He is a gentleman, professional and down to earth gem. Just give him time, he is not a miracle worker. He was given the tools of up and coming players to work with. In league one they clicked but ultimately the championship took its toll. But my brother never once looked at the manager as a cause. Every fan knew it was the resources and the youth model that he just needed time. He would have succeeded if he was given that. Crazy decision.

My own team is Scunthorpe. We like Barnsley have a chairman that has a very twitchy bum. After sacking Graham Alexander (great manager), We has appointed 5 managers including caretakers in 18 months. One full time manager got 6 games. 😉 So sacking McCall who is is also linked to your club was not surprising. However we were playing decent football and it was clear he needed a pre-season to work with his own ideas. He was thrown in the deep end at Scunny our chairman does the January player shopping. 😉 Recipe for disaster - Point is we took on McCall due to his great achievements at Bradford. Was only outside the promotion pack on 4 occasions during his seasons at the club. Taking them to a wembley playoff v Millwall. He broke lots of records at Bradford for points won and win percentages that stood since 3 points a win was introduced. The reason I know this is because again like Barnsley, there was a public outcry when he left in the Yorkshire news. 

I know he is seen as the enemy after being at Motherwell. Where I believe he did well as another local team Sheffield United tried to sign him. He is very decent and a shame it never worked out at Scunny. Going back to Stendel, hopefully he is given time. And also given a transfer window to work his magic. You won't be disappointed in him as I believe he is certainly worth the wait. Out the two, Stendel is 100% the right choice. But feel Hearts fans are being very harsh on McCall. You never know my brother may end up north if the backroom team are wanted also. Heard that tynecastle is the best ground in Scotland for the atmosphere. Take care.

ps I believe as of Friday Stendel is in Germany, not sure if returned for todays game or the plan was he would be heading back Monday morning.

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Sadly he won't be coming , I expect this to confirmed in the next couple of days . 

Not ITK just looking at the overall state of play and applying common sense . WTF she goes from here god only knows . 

A football club with great facilities and strong on business front but bombing football wise is exactly what most managers would want to take over.   The opportunity for improvement is massive. 

Why on earth would he want to come to work with this current bunch of losers?  Not a chance he’s coming IMO. 
Hope I’m wrong. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Why on earth would he want to come to work with this current bunch of losers?  Not a chance he’s coming IMO. 
Hope I’m wrong. 

Nah they’re playing like that because they have absolutely no faith in the coaching staff.  I hope 🤞🏼 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think the same and to be honest I'm not 100% behind the appointment anyway. We need someone that knows this league. I don't like to jump to conclusions but December and in our predicament having played all the team, we are in a very serious situation here, we need somebody who can get the fight back in this team. To do that we need a figure who has the players respect instantly

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Warnock on a 6 month contract with options would be my choice

Let’s be honest, if he’s not in by Wednesday he’s not coming & there’s no way we should be waiting for him any longer than that too.

Why would he want to come and managed this bunch of cowards and losers. On paper good squad but lacking in heart fight and desire. Totally shocking team just now. 

Whoever comes in has to oversee 7 games this month before we can sign any players, hard to get your hopes up really 

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Warnock on a 6 month contract with options would be my choice

If we don’t get Stendel.

Neil Warnock or Sir Jim & Billy to boot **** out them and get us up the table. For 6 months.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

I don't think he is the type to turn us around unfortunately and I think that is the problem he won't come.Is probably waiting for a project that doesn't see him in a dog fight.

I was honestly told Stendel isn't coming last week. I'm expecting a manager with experience with the Scottish game. Its going to be a fairly underwhelming appointment. My prediction. 

10 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

ps I believe as of Friday Stendel is in Germany, not sure if returned for todays game or the plan was he would be heading back Monday morning.

But I thought our resident ITK’er had stated he’d be watching us today?

So if he’s wrong about that what else is he wrong about? 😩🤔🤯

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Would be happy to have him in but going on too long. Desperate times so give McCall 6 month rolling contract. 

imagine waiting 6 weeks then appointing Stuart ****ing McCall, she should collect her belongings and get out of the club if this is what happens

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You think a managerial appointment will be long term :rofl: at our level he will be fired if he does a bad job or if he does a good job he will go take a bigger job at MK dons. 

NO football teams take this long mid season.. never happens.

Last word on this just to prove you are slavering. I’ll give you Bayern Munich. Kovac fired three days after Levein. Interim still in charge during loss yesterday. 

Never happens though????

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

But I thought our resident ITK’er had stated he’d be watching us today?

So if he’s wrong about that what else is he wrong about? 😩🤔🤯

Could’ve been watching us on Rangers TV in Germany I suppose. Poor guy if so.

• davemclaren locked this topic