Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

15 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

ps I believe as of Friday Stendel is in Germany, not sure if returned for todays game or the plan was he would be heading back Monday morning.

Cheers for the info. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It took spurs three months to persuade Jose. Let’s see how long Arsenal take. 
of course we could just copy Watford and change managers every three or four months. 

Absolute nonsense. It took Levy this much of the season to get Pochettino out the door without looking like he acted too soon, their relationship had broken down and Poch had reached his shelf life. Levy did the opposite of Budge, he had his new guy lined up, and just waited for the right time to pull the trigger.  Mourinho knew he had the Spurs job months ago.

7 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Warnock on a 6 month contract with options would be my choice

Absolutely, but can't see him being interested either . 

11 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

A football club with great facilities and strong on business front but bombing football wise is exactly what most managers would want to take over.   The opportunity for improvement is massive. 

Absolutely. And in a backwater league like ours he is probably wetting himself at the chance to improve his reputation in no time. Managers love taking over after 5-0 defeats or when teams are bottom of league. 

I'm content to let the process happen. I hope it's Stendel and my guess is he is announced tomorrow.

Some of our fans just damage the club now. 

That needs sorted.

The psychological help they need will be unaffected by any manager.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last word on this just to prove you are slavering. I’ll give you Bayern Munich. Kovac fired three days after Levein. Interim still in charge during loss yesterday. 

Never happens though????

Ok - rarely happens.. I’m not sure Bayern are as desperate as we are

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

And mine. Need some ****er to help out in a relegation battle.

Sadly, I won't get my wish.

I think Hearts will end up with McCall, and that he will not be the worst appointment Hearts could make, far from it.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

imagine waiting 6 weeks then appointing Stuart ****ing McCall, she should collect her belongings and get out of the club if this is what happens

I don't get the seethe towards

Stuart McCall. If it's the Rangers connection then that's childish as is people chucking toys out the pram if they don't get their preferred option.

I actually think (not itk) Stuart McCall will get the job .

In any case whoever gets the job should get our full support.

6 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Absolute nonsense. It took Levy this much of the season to get Pochettino out the door without looking like he acted too soon, their relationship had broken down and Poch had reached his shelf life. Levy did the opposite of Budge, he had his new guy lined up, and just waited for the right time to pull the trigger.  Mourinho knew he had the Spurs job months ago.

And that’s the way you would like your club to do it’s business? Behind existing employees backs. Pretty sneaky but sums up Levy and Jose, probably the most disliked chairman and manager in English football. Spuds fans far from happy. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Why on earth would he want to come to work with this current bunch of losers?  Not a chance he’s coming IMO. 
Hope I’m wrong. 

I wonder how magnificent Barnsley were playing prior to his arrival. 

So given that the deal was signed (✍️) last week, his image rights issue has been resolved and he was at Ibrox today, on the back of today’s humiliating defeat, I guess we can expect an announcement imminently.

Pleasing. Welcome, Daniel.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ok - rarely happens.. I’m not sure Bayern are as desperate as we are

Think they are. Losing more games than they usually do. Not top of the league. But Board are prepared to wait to get who they think is the right man. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely. And in a backwater league like ours he is probably wetting himself at the chance to improve his reputation in no time. Managers love taking over after 5-0 defeats or when teams are bottom of league. 

You're ignoring how much money we are paying , which is a huge factor in who we can attract . 

Forget the sentimental hogwash, in most case that's the reality I'm afraid, money pure and simple . 

14 minutes ago, Whatever said:

But I thought our resident ITK’er had stated he’d be watching us today?

So if he’s wrong about that what else is he wrong about? 😩🤔🤯

I was watching the game today but I wasn’t in Glasgow. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Davie Deans said:

So given that the deal was signed (✍️) last week, his image rights issue has been resolved and he was at Ibrox today, on the back of today’s humiliating defeat, I guess we can expect an announcement imminently.

Give it a rest FFS.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I was watching the game today but I wasn’t in Glasgow. 

I think we all know what Daza was inferring when he made the post he did.

1 minute ago, Davie Deans said:

Did you see him at Ibrox?  
seems he was in Germany, Scottish football is available there on tv. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I was honestly told Stendel isn't coming last week. I'm expecting a manager with experience with the Scottish game. Its going to be a fairly underwhelming appointment. My prediction. 

Any appointment is welcome mate

We need one badly 

I am no fan of Rangers TV but they were right in their comments that MacPhee basically isn't a real manager

Edited by rudi must stay

ScandinavianJambo
3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Was he at the game?

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And that’s the way you would like your club to do it’s business? Behind existing employees backs. Pretty sneaky but sums up Levy and Jose, probably the most disliked chairman and manager in English football. Spuds fans far from happy. 

All chairpersons have options, it's called being prepared. Sorry if you'd rather support a club that gets laughed at by all and sundry for it's amateur hour recruitment process, that's your call.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You're ignoring how much money we are paying , which is a huge factor in who we can attract . 

Forget the sentimental hogwash, in most case that's the reality I'm afraid, money pure and simple . 

I never mentioned money. The money is the money. If we can afford him great, if not, tough ,move on. 
My point was that the situation we are currently in re league position and shipping 8 goals without reply in last two games is perfect scenario for a new manager. It can only get better. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think they are. Losing more games than they usually do. Not top of the league. But Board are prepared to wait to get who they think is the right man. 

Because they have an unlimited budget and, well, they're Bayern F%$*ing Munich.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I think we all know what Daza was inferring when he made the post he did.

Not really. You can watch football from anywhere. He said Stendel would be watching his new team today. Was that us and was it on tv? Stendel wouldn’t watch us anywhere if he wasn’t coming here. 

3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

All chairpersons have options, it's called being prepared. Sorry if you'd rather support a club that gets laughed at by all and sundry for it's amateur hour recruitment process, that's your call.

Like the amateurs from Munich? 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
26 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Nah they’re playing like that because they have absolutely no faith in the coaching staff.  I hope 🤞🏼 

I feel the same. I think the players have no desire to have McPhee as manager.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not really. You can watch football from anywhere. He said Stendel would be watching his new team today. Was that us and was it on tv? Stendel wouldn’t watch us anywhere if he wasn’t coming here. 

Come on, man.

How on earth would he know he was watching us on Rangers TV?

The inference was pretty clear. Anyway, I hope he’s right and he’s announced ASAP. We need to get this sorted.

4 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Because they have an unlimited budget and, well, they're Bayern F%$*ing Munich.

Don’t think money comes into it. In fact compensation is probably the reason they don’t have someone in yet. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Barely over four weeks 

In that space of time Hibs appointed a manager and sit 8 points in front of us. We have ****ed about and by all accounts got nowhere and still have no manager.

It soundsever so likely that Stendel isn’t happening so the board look stupid now, wouldn’t you agree ?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

I feel the same. I think the players have no desire to have McPhee as manager.

Last two games have certainly reinforced the rumour that the players don’t rate McPhee. Not playing for him to get the job. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Last two games have certainly reinforced the rumour that the players don’t rate McPhee. Not playing for him to get the job. 

Definitely.  Which begs the question, why should he be kept on in any capacity?

2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

I think we deserve at least an update tomorrow on the managerial situation after the last two shambolic performances.

I find it baffling that there hasn't been a update from the Club, the disengagement at the moment is scary

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Like the amateurs from Munich? 

Munich will have an idea, but they are also sitting 4 points off the top of the league. Hardly comparable. You are, and have been for some time, an apologist for failure.

Leveins Battalion

Stendel ain't coming,wake up guys.

High press football with Berra White Whelan Bozanic and Uche 🙈

We need to learn the basics before we think about entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

I think we deserve at least an update tomorrow on the managerial situation after the last two shambolic performances.

We need an update tonight.  We are either hiring Stendel and clearing everything else out or we are moving on and appointing a manager before Wednesday.  If not, she shouldn’t bother turning up on Wednesday as I think she will get dogs abuse.

1 minute ago, lou said:

I find it baffling that there hasn't been a update from the Club, the disengagement at the moment is scary

She so speak to her pal Leanne who how to communicate!!!!

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Come on, man.

The inference was pretty clear. Anyway, I hope he’s right and he’s announced ASAP. We need to get this sorted.

He just said he would be watching his new team this weekend. 
It’s folk on here that have jumped to the conclusion that he would be at Ibrox. Just like many have jumped to the conclusion that the hiring process is broken. Just like the supposed list of names interviewed. Just like the Scunny fan who has come on and said Stendel is in Germany this weekend 
Every bit of it is speculation and rumour yet some on here are criticising, verbally abusing etc when no-one knows what is actually happening. She told us it would be a 4-6 week process, we are currently 4 weeks three days into the process so we should be expecting something this week or early next. When she said 4-6 weeks did anyone really think we would get a decision in days? 

1 minute ago, lou said:

Yep and she's not been slow to release statements in the past.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think money comes into it. In fact compensation is probably the reason they don’t have someone in yet. 

Fantasy that BM wouldn't pay compo for target if they wanted them in. More like the person they want has said end of season. Bayern will be in the champs league with or without a permanent manager. Hearts may be in the Championship without one. All you ever have is make believe and pedantry.

2 minutes ago, Ells1986 said:

We need an update tonight.  We are either hiring Stendel and clearing everything else out or we are moving on and appointing a manager before Wednesday.  If not, she shouldn’t bother turning up on Wednesday as I think she will get dogs abuse.

Atmosphere will be toxic on Wednesday if there's no update by then and we're treated to the usual shite on the park.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

She so speak to her pal Leanne who how to communicate!!!!

Hibs fan at work reckons Leanne is out the door shortly. She’d be available 😎

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

In that space of time Hibs appointed a manager and sit 8 points in front of us. We have ****ed about and by all accounts got nowhere and still have no manager.

It soundsever so likely that Stendel isn’t happening so the board look stupid now, wouldn’t you agree ?

No idea if it’s happening or not, same as everyone on here bar a couple of folk. 
I do think it’s likely it’s happening because if it wasn’t I think the media would have it by now. Could be wrong though. It’s very possible that he has signed on but needed time in Germany to get some family stuff sorted out or even to discuss our offer with family. Like I said, who knows. Certainly most of us don’t. 

13 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Come on, man.

If he is right, it’s a lucky guess in my opinion. He stated it would be  announced last week and it wasn’t.

• davemclaren locked this topic