Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

The Wrinkly Ninja
58 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

How are you not getting this? McCall et al are only options because AB chose to interview them. There would have been other stendels out there, He’s not the second coming!!

Who then. Who would you have appointed?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm out on the pish. Anything to report? 

If you're not in bed by 11 o'clock, just go home.

PhoenixHearts

Stendal, Stendhal, Stengel, Strendle... 

Some crackers in this thread btw. 

Worse than "Meschino". Isn't that the guy who designs Budge's handbags?

2 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Do you think  he has?

I know as much as Markymark - Zilch

No

If he had, I'm pretty sure Ann would want to release any good news she can.

There appears to be only 1 ITK poster on this subject and that is @StevenNaismith

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

AM or PM?

PM :thumbsup:

Has to be PM as AM is busy getting ready for tomorrows game.

6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Stendal, Stendhal, Stengel, Strendle... 

Some crackers in this thread btw. 

Worse than "Meschino". Isn't that the guy who designs Budge's handbags?

The announcement delay is obviously down to Strudel trying to decide if he should make Meccano a regular starter or not.

7 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

There are loads of folk who appreciate your info mate - many more than those who don’t. Although I must admit, having someone harass/obsess about you must be irritating - surely the mods should be clamping down on this. 

Although posters like A.J are special Daza gave him plenty ammo to come at him by claiming Stendel signed last week and the hold up was image rights. That turned out to be shite. 

Has Sandal Stencil signed yet or what?

What's the hold up?

How long does it take to agree on a compensation fee ffs. 

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

the longer this goes on Daniel Stendel might decide himself to pull out

everything the club does is always so complicated and takes forever 

look how quick Celtic replaced Brendan Rogers

With Neil ******* Lennon! We should have just got Pressley in or McCann as long as it was done quick eh? 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

With Neil ******* Lennon! We should have just got Pressley in or McCann as long as it was done quick eh? 

:lol: 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Has Sandal Stencil signed yet or what?

What's the hold up?

How long does it take to agree on a compensation fee ffs. 

Slightly longer if you are establishing if compensation is actually required before spunking it on something you don't need to rather than giving it to your new manager to sign a competent goalkeeper

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Ha ha nice one

I knew I should have said Uphall. 😐

46 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

BBC article on Berra states Stendel due to take over on Tuesday. Maybe an educated guess but I hope it's true at the latest!

It says he was due to take over on Tuesday, i.e. the Tuesday just past.

"Former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel appeared set to take over as manager on Tuesday, however an issue over compensation with the Championship club continues to drag on."

What a bunch of roasters on here 🤣 Friday night and wee itkers😒 getting their knickers in a twist because they’ve been called out on their bs info🤣🤣🤣 then wanting fights about it 🤣🤣🤣 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Slightly longer if you are establishing if compensation is actually required before spunking it on something you don't need to rather than giving it to your new manager to sign a competent goalkeeper

Total saga. 

Someone somewhere has not done their job. 

Either Stendel was still employed by Barnsley or he wasn't, It should only take 2 lawyers and some paperwork to sort that out and no another 2 games of Macphee in charge. 

The rat catcher
3 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

What a bunch of roasters on here 🤣 Friday night and wee itkers😒 getting their knickers in a twist because they’ve been called out on their bs info🤣🤣🤣 then wanting fights about it 🤣🤣🤣 

Great post - Not sure how we survived until this.

number witheld
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

the longer this goes on Daniel Stendel might decide himself to pull out

everything the club does is always so complicated and takes forever 

look how quick Celtic replaced Brendan Rogers

Well. It’ll be an issue for whoever wants him so he needs to have it sorted. 

Stv reports there has been a possible breakthrough in the contract dispute but didn't say what the breakthrough was 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Stv reports there has been a possible breakthrough in the contract dispute but didn't say what the breakthrough was 🤷‍♂️

Any news, just finished making dinner?

The pressure on Stendel to do well in the first few games is massive.. some fans will expect us to win every game and end up not supporting the team if we lose or draw the first few. 

5 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Really weird behaviour - definitely harassment and shameful no action appears to have been taken by mods. All the best to you Daz.

I thought he let Agentjambo  off lightly.

Edited by allyby

23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It says he was due to take over on Tuesday, i.e. the Tuesday just past.

"Former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel appeared set to take over as manager on Tuesday, however an issue over compensation with the Championship club continues to drag on."

Sorry folks I was wrong back in my box. Hopefully before Tuesday then 👍🏻 

Just now, ZanderMIM said:

The pressure on Stendel to do well in the first few games is massive.. some fans will expect us to win every game and end up not supporting the team if we lose or draw the first few. 

He will get time, this is the club finally going in a new direction without Levein. No one is expecting miracles right away - the winter break is his chance to get his mark on the squad with most key injured players back and no doubt some cash to splash in the window.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. 

I hear things are progressing positively on the Stendel front, according to my sources. 

I certainly hope so. 

8 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

I think you underestimate the loyalty of the hearts support.

he will be given time there’s no doubt in my mind about that.

lets be honest here, he’s coming in at a great time, how the feck can he do any worse than what we’re witnessing at present.

2 hours ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Sake... Thanks for ruining my weekend with this no announcement pish Hearts 🖕

For a so called Hearts supporter you have a nasty way of referring to the club

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

lets be honest here, he’s coming in at a great time, how the feck can he do any worse than what we’re witnessing at present.

That’s true, it’s probably just the past few years following hearts I’m expecting disappointment! But fresh manager and fresh ideas, looking forward to it 

Frank Sidebottom
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Do you really think they're going to be looking into a compensation claim without already knowing the exact amount being claimed?

What Barnsley are claiming and what may or may not actually be due could be two different things altogether. 

Edited by Frank Sidebottom

3 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

That’s true, it’s probably just the past few years following hearts I’m expecting disappointment! But fresh manager and fresh ideas, looking forward to it 

Correct, what’s not to like here by the sounds of this guy.

a manager who wants his team on the front foot.

it will take a wee bit time and getting the right players to properly implement what he wants to do but I have every belief he’ll be given the time by the fans and our club.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Not itk and not clued up on legal stuff.... Understand why people saying everything down on paper is better option but surely email works just the same? And quicker? Can someone with legal or puter knowledge clarify?

Or a legal expert but from knowledge - 

Emails, by that I mean an actual email, not attachments can be changed, so thier not great. 

Photo copies aren't always accepted either, originals sometimes required or wanted to be 100%.

In law, verbal Contracts are binding as well, but folk still want written documents and often originals. 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct, what’s not to like here by the sounds of this guy.

a manager who wants his team on the front foot.

it will take a wee bit time and getting the right players to properly implement what he wants to do but I have every belief he’ll be given the time by the fans and our club.

He seems to have the rapport with the fans too which is good, I just want us to be challenging for those European peace especially with the 20/21 season with 4 or 5 European places in the spl 

Just now, Frank Sidebottom said:

There could well be a difference between what is being claimed and what is likely to due after closer inspection.  Subtle difference. 

Agree. Also neither party would typically want to go to court, unless it’s very clear cut either way. It’s not just the contract detail that’s under consideration it’s how that detail fits with Employment Law and indeed, the spirit intended of that law. Legally binding contracts are often not legally binding at all.

For that reason these situations typically end up in an out of court negotiation which makes the original sum just a starting point for talks.

50 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yep. There us a real risk of rewriting history by some.

Lennon  was put in as a temp. He only got given the gig after the cup final. The Celtic supporters know what they got and why they didn't  want him. He will be gone at the first excuse.

The deal with being Celtic boss is a wedge of cash in the first year and then diminishing budget until you leave. Lennon knows this and will chuck the deal with his usual hissy fit within the next 18 months. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Found a pen? 

26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:greatpost:

bigsuperslim1874
1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Although posters like A.J are special Daza gave him plenty ammo to come at him by claiming Stendel signed last week and the hold up was image rights. That turned out to be shite. 

Was it not the case that the image rights issues WERE an issue at the time - but then followed on by the compensation saga? Regardless, he has been right on many occasions before and has earned a bit of respect for that.

• davemclaren locked this topic