Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Borders Jambo
38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

put all the hate away

put all the politics away 

put all the vitriol away

This guy is worth waiting for and I think he is going to become a total Gorgie Hearts legend.

He is also CLEARLY the sort of the guy that will absolutely fall in love with us.

This.  Great post.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I was taking the example of leveins removal. Why keep him beyond the end of last season then take 2 months of this season  to remove him when it was clear he needed to go. She did the same with Cathro

She said it’s because she is very

stubborn. She decided to give him 11 games this season and she did. Personally I think that was too long. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Jamie Borthwick on STV news said we’re closer to a deal. Bookies not offering odds.

Saw that on Twitter.  Done deal by sound of it

The Old Tolbooth
44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

put all the hate away

put all the politics away 

put all the vitriol away

This guy is worth waiting for and I think he is going to become a total Gorgie Hearts legend.

He is also CLEARLY the sort of the guy that will absolutely fall in love with us.

100% this! We just need to be a bit more patient 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

She said it’s because she is very

stubborn. She decided to give him 11 games this season and she did. Personally I think that was too long. 

I agree, but I also think the “respectable” score in the Cup Final guaranteed that he would be allowed to continue when I think he should have gone in May. 

todays got to be an audition for robinson i feel if for whatever reason the stendel deal falls through this is the man anne will go to

12 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

I agree, but I also think the “respectable” score in the Cup Final guaranteed that he would be allowed to continue when I think he should have gone in May. 

Possibly. 

I wonder if he will be wanting some kind of midseason preseason? The confidence in the team is rock bottom, so getting away and out of Scotland for a week or two to work on how he wants them to play from first thing in the morning to last thing at night for the winter break might be a good thing.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder if he will be wanting some kind of midseason preseason? The confidence in the team is rock bottom, so getting away and out of Scotland for a week or two to work on how he wants them to play from first thing in the morning to last thing at night for the winter break might be a good thing.

That's a good shout. Would make sense. Don't think it would matter where so might come down to cash available. 

August Landmesser
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Oof, up the Gullane dunes in January. That would blow off a few cobwebs.

Maybe Albufera...

PhoenixHearts
16 minutes ago, Masonic said:

todays got to be an audition for robinson i feel if for whatever reason the stendel deal falls through this is the man anne will go to

I dont think the Stendel deal will fall through. Probably be announced Monday. Reckon it's pretty much sorted now and they just have to get this game out the way.

56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are forgetting about the £20m+ debt for equity swaps though 

I'm not. That wasn't in the debts because it was no longer debt.

10 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

That's a good shout. Would make sense. Don't think it would matter where so might come down to cash available. 

didn't the team go to spain last year during the winter break for training. so something might be budgeted in. that assumes stendels compensation does not use up that budget

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I was taking the example of leveins removal. Why keep him beyond the end of last season then take 2 months of this season  to remove him when it was clear he needed to go. She did the same with Cathro

So we should have made a snap decision and appointed who?

It took Celtic 3 months before appointing a permanent replacement.

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not. That wasn't in the debts because it was no longer debt.

Yes but it was money he spent that we didn’t have. And neither did he as it turned out. 

On 06/12/2019 at 11:47, Gene Parmesan said:

Because we don't need to pay it.

My point is by delaying the inevitable, we are going to lose more.

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

didn't the team go to spain last year during the winter break for training. so something might be budgeted in. that assumes stendels compensation does not use up that budget

This is where you want a sponsorship with some like JET 2 or an international Hotel / Leisure Group or Airline.

45 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Think we were very unlucky in final . Would have been no injustice if we had won .

Not getting into a CL debate but , whatever you think , he seemed capable of getting his team to pull out an exceptional performance . Gut feeling he lost that .

Thought if we'd won the cup he might have stepped upstairs .

Wasn't to be 

Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

Compensation agreed with Barnsley today 

Won't be long now 

It’s been a while Eddie, looking to boost your itk rep back up?

Austin MacGlee
35 minutes ago, farin said:

It’ll be all done & dusted next week. 🥁

Hope so mate! We need some good news and we need to start moving forward.

15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Think we were very unlucky in final . Would have been no injustice if we had won .

Not getting into a CL debate but , whatever you think , he seemed capable of getting his team to pull out an exceptional performance . Gut feeling he lost that .

Wasn't to be 

It would have been the perfect end had we won the cup and CL stepped back. He could have patted himself on the back knowing his place in history was solidly cemented. As it is this season has been a disaster, some of which was beyond his control. Even his strongest supporters realised that something had to change to lift the spirits at the club. However, the invective against him has been disgraceful at times.

21 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Wasn't to be 

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

It would have been the perfect end had we won the cup and CL stepped back. He could have patted himself on the back knowing his place in history was solidly cemented. As it is this season has been a disaster, some of which was beyond his control. Even his strongest supporters realised that something had to change to lift the spirits at the club. However, the invective against him has been disgraceful at times.

Good posts.   :icon14:

Bazzas right boot

257 pages

:sweeet:

Must be the first time a manager in thread has more pages than a manager ooot thread. 

:sadrobbo:

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

All , unfortunately , correct

16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

100%. Some of the anti Levien vitriol has been out of order. 

Henrysmithstaxi

Stendel’s not signing because he’s scared of Scousers, since Joey Barton stuck the nut on him.

He’s seeking assurances that Gerrard won’t do the same.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Stendel’s not signing because he’s scared of Scousers, since Joey Barton stuck the nut on him.

You didn't bide your time.

43 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Compensation agreed with Barnsley today 

Won't be long now 

Yaassssssssssssssss!!!

When the eagle speaks, it’s happening 👍

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Have you see the state Craig has dragged us into. All 100% his fault he built the most spineless squad in our history.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Have you see the state Craig has dragged us into. All 100% his fault he built the most spineless squad in our history.

Got to agree. Unsurprising people are still raging but it’s done. Not aimed at you at all but the fresh levein debates are just dull. It’s all been said a thousand time (a lot if it by me tbf).

8 minutes ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Bottling is more Gerrard's style isn't it....

Edited by DETTY29

Henrysmithstaxi
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Good point. He’d probably slip over as he went in with the nut.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Yorkshire journalist on radio said Stendel likes a confrontation on the touchline. 

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

and the most injured

Not what he is saying. You can criticise CL’s tenure as manager and not abuse the guy. Big difference.

Think I’ll just get this out the way now ,nice and early ... stendel oot 

Edited by Bighenry

Will be interesting to see if we can get the new manger bounce when Stendel comes in. 

If we don't then that will show you what a bunch of wasters Levein has accumulated. 

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not what he is saying. You can criticise CL’s tenure as manager and not abuse the guy. Big difference.

Wasting your time . Some (many) think abuse is justified criticism .

It would take too long (impossible) to educate them

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

This is it in a nutshell. Criticise him all you want, and most of it will probably be justified, but no need for the vitriol, some of it beyond the pale.

I’m actually quite happy that one of his first games will be at home to Celtic. Don’t show them any respect, just apply the pressing methodology and try to score more goals than them.  Worked for JJ and Sergio, didn’t show them any respect and we got a couple of good results.

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m actually quite happy that one of his first games will be at home to Celtic. Don’t show them any respect, just apply the pressing methodology and try to score more goals than them.  Worked for JJ and Sergio, didn’t show them any respect and we got a couple of good results.

And Levein.

Ainsley Harriott
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

I'm sure he doesn't read what's on here. Doubt we will hurt his feelings 

Stick to cooking !

On second thoughts...don’t !

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

This. Absolutely shocking for one of the best Hearts players I have ever seen in maroon! He wants the best for Hearts and unfortunately things haven't worked out. Many highs as a manger not lest his 5-1 gubbing he gave H1b5 and the great results against Braga. 

Edited by Independence

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

So that makes it all right? 

• davemclaren locked this topic