Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

He didn't even allow a winning manager.

It was one of these events that I remember where I was when Burley got sacked.

Eventful times.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

deary me. Easy answer............

.............. and here it is. 

We also finished second and won 2 cups under vlad. Let's see what Ann's regain leaves us with.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

We also finished second and won 2 cups under vlad. Let's see what Ann's regain leaves us with.

hopefully not £40 million debt and administration 

Could have sworn I clicked on the Stendel thread this morning to find out if there was any news. Instead I got some garbled pish. Must get my eyes checked.

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True but cant say he was afraid to make decisions 

Those decisions almost killed us tbf along with others Before him who you’d think ‘got us’.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

hopefully not £40 million debt and administration 

In fairness the £40 million debt wasn’t all Vlad, he took us over with a huge debt.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

In fairness the £40 million debt wasn’t all Vlad, he took us over with a huge debt.

Was the debt when he left roughly the same as when he arrived?

Horatio Caine
9 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Could have sworn I clicked on the Stendel thread this morning to find out if there was any news. Instead I got some garbled pish. Must get my eyes checked.

Yeah me too.  However, the thread should be renamed `all our yesterdays`

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. Typical of JKB - whining about who’s got the biggest budget when we’re not evenly remotely competing with the teams which have.

Got to agree.  Not even a question for the moment. Our squad is under performing for the 6th or 7th budgets. Playing as per position 10th 11th 12th. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That'll be the day.

9 hours ago, Whatever said:

Ann is more Hibs than Vlad ever was.

Look at me... I'm controversial...

Naw, yer just dull ..!

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No, he added a good chunk on 

Austin MacGlee

Any updates on Stendel at all?? I can't be bothered reading through all of this thread. I'm a bit hungover so if you could summarise it in simple terms that would be really good.

scott herbertson
Just now, Austin MacGlee said:

Any updates on Stendel at all?? I can't be bothered reading through all of this thread. I'm a bit hungover so if you could summarise it in simple terms that would be really good.

None

Just now, Austin MacGlee said:

Jamie Borthwick on STV news said we’re closer to a deal. Bookies not offering odds.

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

...in Turkey,  or something..?

Austin MacGlee
Just now, scott herbertson said:

None

Cannae get simpler than that haha! Cheers.

Stating the obvious but really wish this whole saga would come to an end this weekend. We can't keep going like this.

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Jamie Borthwick on STV news said we’re closer to a deal. Bookies not offering odds.

Hopefully an announcement this weekend then. Even if he's shite (which I don't think he will be) it'll be better than all this uncertainty.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Cannae get simpler than that haha! Cheers.

Stating the obvious but really wish this whole saga would come to an end this weekend. We can't keep going like this.

Aye - I was just being smart, but the fact is there is no update other than people speculating.

I agree re can't go on like this - it's doing my head in!

Austin MacGlee
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

...in Turkey,  or something..?

You've lost me...

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Aye - I was just being smart, but the fact is there is no update other than people speculating.

I agree re can't go on like this - it's doing my head in!

Same here. Apart from the danger of relegation getting bigger with every game Austin is in charge for,  I'm starting to dread going to work because of the hobos and Weegie mobs having a field day with it. 

12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No, he added a good chunk on 

Pretty sure it was roughly the same as when he arrived given the debt for equity write offs. 

11 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Pretty sure it was roughly the same as when he arrived given the debt for equity write offs. 

No idea but the poster I replied to seems to know.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

14 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

It was lower. He eventually made it to his promise that he would make us debt free. When your bust your debt disappears.

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No idea but the poster I replied to seems to know.

No, I read on here it was the same but never checked it out.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True but cant say he was afraid to make decisions 

Ah well that makes all the difference then, doesn't it?

I would have thought making the right decisions was important than not being afraid to make decisions.  He also made the wrong decision about hiring players with debt although I have to say I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

18 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

£19.5 million when he took over. 

£28.5 million announced by BDO a few days after entering administration. A significant difference I'm sure you'll agree. 

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah well that makes all the difference then, doesn't it?

I would have thought making the right decisions was important than not being afraid to make decisions.  He also made the wrong decision about hiring players with debt although I have to say I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

It does I think. Competitive sport requires people to think quickly. Cant say the club have made great player hiring decisions since. Will agree with your last point it was a good ride. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Really hope this is done and dusted tomorrow. I know Budge is doing her best but never the less with how the team is performing right now it's making the wait even more frustrating.

34 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

£28.5 million announced by BDO a few days after entering administration. A significant difference I'm sure you'll agree. 

And in between the 19.5 and 28.5 there were a number of debt for equity swaps. He knew how to roll up the debts did Vlad. 

It should have been ten
37 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Anyway barry Anderson saying early next week it should be done

This and is also what Austin McPhee said during the week but doesn’t stop certain people losing their shit 🙄

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. Typical of JKB - whining about who’s got the biggest budget when we’re not evenly remotely competing with the teams which have.

Wrong - complaining about yet another inaccurate piece of reporting by a pundit who is allowed to continually do so. Maybe consider the context of the post next time before you comment.

17 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

This and is also what Austin McPhee said during the week but doesn’t stop certain people losing their shit 🙄

They’re losing their shit because we’re close to bottom of the league. Our players aren’t trying. Our interim manager isn’t doing well and some don’t agree we should be in the position of looking for a new manager now when CL should’ve been sacked last May. 

it’s not just about waiting a few more days for a manager. 

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

I'm not sure I'd say 'significant' given how frivolous he was with money. 

Circa £2 million additional in debt but still owning Tynecastle and a Scottish Cup to show for it isn't too bad.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

put all the hate away

put all the politics away 

put all the vitriol away

This guy is worth waiting for and I think he is going to become a total Gorgie Hearts legend.

He is also CLEARLY the sort of the guy that will absolutely fall in love with us.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Circa £2 million additional in debt but still owning Tynecastle and a Scottish Cup to show for it isn't too bad.

£9 million additional. £19.5 when he took over. £28.5 when he left. 

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

😃 Ironic really, as it's supposed to be about a future manager.

4 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Yeh, if you don't factor in inflation of that period it is 9 million. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Wrong - complaining about yet another inaccurate piece of reporting by a pundit who is allowed to continually do so. Maybe consider the context of the post next time before you comment.

Totally irrelevant mate. Deflection.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Totally irrelevant mate. Deflection.

Clearly we should be doing better than anyone bar Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic, and arguably better than Aberdeen. The performance of the team is the number one issue. But it's hardly deflection to comment on ongoing inaccurate media coverage - it is a separate issue. And that is what I was replying to. We'll need to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It does I think. Competitive sport requires people to think quickly. Cant say the club have made great player hiring decisions since. Will agree with your last point it was a good ride. 

We're not making a tactical change during a game and we're not talking about past signings.  That gives the impression you're just posting to have a pop.  Would that be right?

We're picking a manager to take us forward over a longish period and that requires a well considered approach, not a snap decision - unless maybe someone like Jurgen Klopp was kicking his heels around Edinburgh.

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

put all the hate away

put all the politics away 

put all the vitriol away

This guy is worth waiting for and I think he is going to become a total Gorgie Hearts legend.

He is also CLEARLY the sort of the guy that will absolutely fall in love with us.

Kickback excepted!

42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You are forgetting about the £20m+ debt for equity swaps though 

33 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Plus a £10m debt for  equity swap and a £12m debt for  equity swap so that’s £22m to add to your £9m. Can’t remember if there were more than two dfe swaps. 

Edited by soonbe110

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We're not making a tactical change during a game and we're not talking about past signings.  That gives the impression you're just posting to have a pop.  Would that be right?

We're picking a manager to take us forward over a longish period and that requires a well considered approach, not a snap decision - unless maybe someone like Jurgen Klopp was kicking his heels around Edinburgh.

I was taking the example of leveins removal. Why keep him beyond the end of last season then take 2 months of this season  to remove him when it was clear he needed to go. She did the same with Cathro

• davemclaren locked this topic