Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Coburg Hearts
Just now, bazman said:

In fairness it wasn't borthwick that did the report was a female he just introduced it

He tweeted it before the programme started, I think. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was thinking if Hibs Yank is even half as bad as Barnsley's Yank, and Stendel is even half as good as we all hope, we could be in for some great and hilarious times. Bring it on.

Was discussing this with my brother yesterday. Could be a testing time for Hibs coming up. They have been on an upward curve financially, and a buyer not familiar with Scottish football might consider that there was more to come, esp. with the McGinn transfer fee as an example of how money can be made. Also the Straiton land.

Should cash go in the opposite direction, will Ron 'pony up' or not to maintain the squad and continue to upgrade the ground? Not seeing much evidence of that yet.

scott herbertson
22 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I could be getting mixed-up but I'm sure they're brothers. 

Daniel's my brother

oh wait.. he's not, just got carried away there

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

And sat and said nothing while Preston claimed Hearts had a bigger budget than Aberdeen.

Let me rephrase that: AP said Hearts have the 3rd biggest budget. MS said nothing.

It’s  extremely close tbf.. c£8.5m wage bill v c£9m.. when you consider that includes managers and mcinnes is reportedly on £700kpa.. 

Regardless of whether it’s exactly correct or not we should be smashing the shit out of every team outside Glasgow and the sheep 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s  extremely close tbf.. c£8.5m wage bill v c£9m.. when you consider that includes managers and mcinnes is reportedly on £700kpa.. 

Regardless of whether it’s exactly correct or not we should be smashing the shit out of every team outside Glasgow and the sheep 

This. Typical of JKB - whining about who’s got the biggest budget when we’re not evenly remotely competing with the teams which have.

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If it worked like that we might as well just get a computer print-out at the start of each season, with all the results and final league table. Fortunately it doesn't.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If it worked like that we might as well just get a computer print-out at the start of each season, with all the results and final league table. Fortunately it doesn't.

it does work like that more often than not though doesn’t it , rangers and Celtic have smashed the shit out of us for 50 years, Man City, Chelsea!! .. Aberdeen have finished 3rd consistently.. I could go on.. teams who invest the most typically win.. unless of course - like hearts - You just piss the money up against a wall..

we “should” have a far better squad of players than our competitors and therefore Should beat them more often that not .. but we’ve signed dross and coached them badly.. 

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Was discussing this with my brother yesterday. Could be a testing time for Hibs coming up. They have been on an upward curve financially, and a buyer not familiar with Scottish football might consider that there was more to come, esp. with the McGinn transfer fee as an example of how money can be made. Also the Straiton land.

Should cash go in the opposite direction, will Ron 'pony up' or not to maintain the squad and continue to upgrade the ground? Not seeing much evidence of that yet.

I've been thinking similar things. You can rest assured, if there are hard decisions to make it will be strictly on a business level. Emotion, love of cub, or nostalgia, won't come into the reckoning. 

Our owner, and our future owners, have an emotional as well as financial bond to the club that can never be broken.

If I was a Hibby, perish the thought, I'd be a wee bit concerned.  

The problem with Vlad is he never was and never would be one of us.  Ann is one of us.  FoH is all of us.

Ron?  Time will tell.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Those aren't the 2018 figures listed here: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-shelling-wages-compared-16218221

Aberdeen - £8.6m

Hearts - £6.9m

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I've been thinking similar things. You can rest assured, if there are hard decisions to make it will be strictly on a business level. Emotion, love of cub, or nostalgia, won't come into the reckoning. 

Our owner, and our future owners, have an emotional as well as financial bond to the club that can never be broken.

If I was a Hibby, perish the thought, I'd be a wee bit concerned.  

When I read the phrase, if I were a hibby, my first thought is, you'd have to have done something very bad in your past life.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it does work like that more often than not though doesn’t it , rangers and Celtic have smashed the shit out of us for 50 years, Man City, Chelsea!! .. Aberdeen have finished 3rd consistently.. I could go on.. teams who invest the most typically win.. unless of course - like hearts - You just piss the money up against a wall..

we “should” have a far better squad of players than our competitors and therefore Should beat them more often that not .. but we’ve signed dross and coached them badly.. 

You are correct, it works for most of the time, especially at the very top, but there is still always the uncertainty. (especially when we play Airdrie in the cup haha)

We are going through a bad period at the moment, no doubt about it, but there's no point in howling to the moon about it.*

I'm very optimistic that things are about to change for the better, much better.

*Not referring to you.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Those aren't the 2018 figures listed here: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-shelling-wages-compared-16218221

Aberdeen - £8.6m

Hearts - £6.9m

Becuase it’s 2019 🤷‍♂️https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/how-aberdeen-s-wage-bill-compares-to-premiership-rivals-celtic-rangers-and-hearts-1-5055464/amp

think the actual figures were less than £1m .. but close enough

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, number witheld said:

Yes the first one wasn’t given by John Beaton 

😂😂

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The problem with Vlad is he never was and never would be one of us.  Ann is one of us.  FoH is all of us.

Ron?  Time will tell.

I really hope Ron bought them to turn a profit. He could become a proper hearts legend. We could get him along at half time in future.

Please, please, please.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm actually relatively sober. Get home, cup of tea, some healthy food followed by a chug.

Job done.

Who's the lucky guy? 

😂😂

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

When I read the phrase, if I were a hibby, my first thought is, you'd have to have done something very bad in your past life.

My old-man was a Hibs fan but fortunately it wasn't contagious. He also went to Tynecastle as often as he went to Easter Rd, with his brother, who was a real Hearts man and who made sure I followed in his footsteps. Thank ****.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree in general but clubs undertaking major projects generally suffer for it. 

We shouldn't be suffering as much, but when clubs spend £15 or £500m, relative to the club, it can suffer. 

Bayern, arsenal and spurs spring to mind as big examples, even celtic in the early McCann years. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

They’re all dicks boys and girls. Time to get Stendel in, circle the wagons, rally the troops and tell every single one of the detractors to go F themselves. 

This.

Siege mentality starting on Stendeltag.

24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ron?  Time will tell.

Ann is more Hibs than Vlad ever was.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Whatever.  😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

If you mean that he had more contempt for them than Ann does, that's a fair comment. Say what you like about Vlad and how close he came to ****ing us up for good but he knew how to put vermin in their place and keep them there.

The same can't be said for Ann unfortunately. She did save us from Vlad's horrible demise though so I'll forgive that. :laugh:

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

If you mean that he had more contempt for them than Ann does, that's a fair comment. Say what you like about Vlad and how close he came to ****ing us up for good but he knew how to put vermin in their place and keep them there.

The same can't be said for Ann unfortunately.

Played a virtual reserve side against them one night.  Pressley et all were rightly seething.  Thought his Lith superstars could do the job.  They couldn't of course.  We lost.

He may have done that more than once.

29 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I really hope Ron bought them to turn a profit. He could become a proper hearts legend. We could get him along at half time in future.

Please, please, please.

When Hibs get the sell on fee for John McGinn when he goes for 50 million to one of the top clubs, Ron will have got all his money back in one deal.

In fact that is likely why he bought in.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Played a virtual reserve side against them one night.  Pressley et all were rightly seething.  Thought his Lith superstars could do the job.  They couldn't of course.  We lost.

Also smashed them twice at Hampden with us winning Scottish Cups in both seasons. Bigger picture not that important to you Kiwi?

18 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

This.

Siege mentality starting on Stendeltag.

Could call tyney stalag stendel 51🤔🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Neilson, right wing, in cup game was a long cold night!!

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Also smashed them twice at Hampden with us winning Scottish Cups in both seasons. Bigger picture not that important to you Kiwi?

Absolutely it is.  I was responding to Whatever who closely associated Ann Budge with Hibernian and unfavourably compared her to Romanov.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely it is.  I was responding to Whatever who closely associated Ann Budge with Hibernian and unfavourably compared her to Romanov.

You responded to Whatever by quoting my post?

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’ve never heard of this Jamie Borthwick, so was wondering if any of you guys deem him to be reliable?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

He's a Slayer man, and therefore one of the good guys

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ah, I assumed that the 2019 figures wouldn't be out yet as the year wasn't finished. I didn't realise that some analysts do the calculations by calendar year, others by season. Cheers anyway!

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, I assumed that the 2019 figures wouldn't be out yet as the year wasn't finished. I didn't realise that some analysts do the calculations by calendar year, others by season. Cheers anyway!

It won't be calendar year, it will be season 2018/19 which finished in May.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Could call tyney stalag stendel 51🤔🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Let's not.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

You responded to Whatever by quoting my post?

No.  Check further up.  Whatever and others think Ann is perhaps more favorably disposed to our neighbours than she is to us.

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Wrong thread? 

Genuinely had to double check I hadn’t posted that in the wrong thread there. Had the fear for a second! 😂

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ron?  Time will tell.

I actually think Vlad got us more than she does. Ann is out of touch with what the fans expect. The Craig Levein saga sums Ann up.

24 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I actually think Vlad got us more than she does. Ann is out of touch with what the fans expect. The Craig Levein saga sums Ann up.

In what way did he get us more than budge does?

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

In what way did he get us more than budge does?

The fact he never accepted second best for us and wouldn't allow a serial loser almost 5 years of input. 

25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The fact he never accepted second best for us and wouldn't allow a serial loser almost 5 years of input. 

He didn't even allow a winning manager.

30 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

deary me. Easy answer............

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

.............. and here it is. M

add to the mix , he promised us a big name like Ranieri and we got Rix 😂😂😂😂

Edited by 1971fozzy

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

True but cant say he was afraid to make decisions 

• davemclaren locked this topic