Odds on next manager

DB-14

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Why?

You are basically aligning yourself to the school of the old boys network of appointing managers

”Get him in. He kens what he is da’in. Safe pair of hands”

Same old same old circle of average guys getting the jobs

Not at all, I think we should have a clear vision of the type of football we want , identify a handful of candidates we think can implement it then go Interview and get the best one. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Avoided the question, and start lashing out. 

You know I am right. 

You’re right. You should be our CEO.

You should apply for the job. You’ll get in easy - no interview process or anything.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Not at all, I think we should have a clear vision of the type of football we want , identify a handful of candidates we think can implement it then go Interview and get the best one. 

how do you know we are not doing that

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Everyone forgotten?

Step 1 Sporting director,  step 2 manager and aligned thinking with Sporting director. 

Right now we are getting a range of discussions with people who may align, once the director is in situ. 

Hence the extended time frame there are 2 jobs and the manager is naturally 2nd in that process 

How far along are we with the SD job? Interviews complete?

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

How far along are we with the SD job? Interviews complete?

I know exactly where we are but I’m not telling you.

When you are our CEO you’ll find out anyway

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You’re right. You should be our CEO.

You should apply for the job. You’ll get in easy - no interview process or anything.

And then the last bastion of the defeated. A sarcastic comment, the lowest form of wit. 

23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The sheer stupidity amongst our fanbase is more worrying to me than how we conduct manager searches.

We are already suffering because of it.

Dear god.

Correct, we suffered Levein for longer than we should have.

21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What's wrong with looking at a number of different candidate to see what their vision for the first team would be ? 

Apart from making some on KB angry 

So we are looking to Stuart McCall to try and give us a vision for our football club. 

How far we have fallen. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Everyone forgotten?

Step 1 Sporting director,  step 2 manager and aligned thinking with Sporting director. 

Right now we are getting a range of discussions with people who may align, once the director is in situ. 

Hence the extended time frame there are 2 jobs and the manager is naturally 2nd in that process 

If that theory is correct should we not appoint a Sporting Director before we have interviews with potential Managers?

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

how do you know we are not doing that

because the people interviewed don’t share many characteristics or similarities in terms style or experience..

5 minutes ago, nrhamilton said:

We are assuming the names mentioned that have been interviewed already are for the managers position, they might be for the sports directors role? Perhaps not started the manager interviews yet?

This is what is wrong....

There are a select few who know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and the rest is just assumption, guesswork or downright lies.

And instead of giving the adequate time to fill both roles.....they are making stupid comparisons to two years ago. 

We are looking to fill two separate rolls.....two  positions that have to work in complete harmony to ensure this football club moves forward to where we all think it should be.

There isn’t a double act ready made to slot in. I’m more than comfortable with AB taking a month to get this absolutely right rather than take a fortnight just to keep some impatient half-wits happy.

These guys would be the first to complain if a rushed appointment didn’t work out.

AB can’t win here with some.

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes. You have a role, you define what characteristics and experience you are after for that role and then interview people who meet that criteria and then choose the most appropriate one.

You don't interview all sorts and hope that at the end of it you work out what you want and hire one of them.

Someone who gets it!

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I know exactly where we are but I’m not telling you.

When you are our CEO you’ll find out anyway

Your ITK? That’s good if you could pass along that a sensible first step would not be to consider managers who’d divide the fans on Day 1.  McCall for example - if hazard 80% of our fans would be absolutely raging if he held any position above assistant manager given his background and repetitive failure as a manager.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

because the people interviewed don’t share many characteristics or similarities in terms style or experience..

Have you interviewed them before?

jamboinglasgow
39 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's harsh! How can you accuse her of making mess of it before she's even appointed anyone ? 

Exactly

Night after sacking Levein, she says this could take between 4-6 weeks. It is said in the press that Macphee will likely be still in dugout at the end of week 3 having continued interviews and only some names released by press other names not known. Some Hearts fans, she has messed up we are going to be a disaster. You would think some people would learn to relax. Wait till someone has been appointed

40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Everyone forgotten?

Why did Mrs Budge come out with the high profile, experienced Manager thing then?

What if the new SD wants a rookie Manager of his choosing?

And secondly, I thought the new SD was not going to be involved in first team matters. Now he is picking the Manager?

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

There are a select few who know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and the rest is just assumption, guesswork or downright lies.

And instead of giving the adequate time to fill both roles.....they are making stupid comparisons to two years ago. 

We are looking to fill two separate rolls.....two  positions that have to work in complete harmony to ensure this football club moves forward to where we all think it should be.

There isn’t a double act ready made to slot in. I’m more than comfortable with AB taking a month to get this absolutely right rather than take a fortnight just to keep some impatient half-wits happy.

These guys would be the first to complain if a rushed appointment didn’t work out.

You're wasting your time . Large percentage of people on here look at the bookies list and assume they are the candidates !

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your ITK? That’s good if you could pass along that a sensible first step would not be to consider managers who’d divide the fans on Day 1.  McCall for example - if hazard 80% of our fans would be absolutely raging if he held any position above assistant manager given his background and repetitive failures as a manager.. 

Ann Budge interview with Stuart McCall - extracted minutes:

“Stuart. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being “not at all” and 10 being “the angriest they have ever been”), how angry do you think the fans would be if I appointed you?”

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This is exactly the problem though. It shouldn’t be rushed, correct.

This is why we should have been drawing up names and candidates since August given how badly Levein was doing. Fair enough she wanted to give him a round of fixtures but a plan B had to be in place. 

The 4-6 week period of employing someone is far too long in football and given how important our December fixtures are, I would have hoped we would have made a decision.

I get why people are defending the club but wasting our time interviewing guys like McCann is pretty hard to defend or justify.

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes. You have a role, you define what characteristics and experience you are after for that role and then interview people who meet that criteria and then choose the most appropriate one.

You don't interview all sorts and hope that at the end of it you work out what you want and hire one of them.

You don’t know who we’ve interviewed and for what role they’ve been interviewed for.

So many have fallen over themselves In desperation to criticise AB on the back of a bunch of names from on here and in the media.

It’s just a thought.....

But why can’t we just wait and see who is appointed and the. see how they perform over a reasonable period before kicking hell out the club over and over again ?

I think it’s called being supportive.....and this makes you a supporter 😊

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What are the characteristics and experience requirements in your opinion. And as it appears via press guestimation that we are interviewing ex footballers with varying degrees of management experience we are indeed not interviewing "all sorts". 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If that theory is correct should we not appoint a Sporting Director before we have interviews with potential Managers?

Groundwork 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Why did Mrs Budge come out with the high profile, experienced Manager thing then?

What if the new SD wants a rookie Manager of his choosing?

And secondly, I thought the new SD was not going to be involved in first team matters. Now he is picking the Manager?

No hes aligning 

39 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

What attributes are shared by Neil McCann and Stuart McCall?

If the approach is not scattergun. What you say are target Manager looks like?

They both applied for the job. McCall has experience and McCann more out of courtesy I’d imagine.

2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Kinda hope we wait till April 1st and announce levien just to see everyone lose thier shit. 

You don’t know this place. I think 3 more days will get us there....

Just now, DH1986 said:

You don’t know who we’ve interviewed and for what role they’ve been interviewed for.

So many have fallen over themselves In desperation to criticise AB on the back of a bunch of names from on here and in the media.

It’s just a thought.....

But why can’t we just wait and see who is appointed and the. see how they perform over a reasonable period before kicking hell out the club over and over again ?

I think it’s called being supportive.....and this makes you a supporter 😊

You're right we don't know who's been interviewed and that's the same on both sides. If those reported to have been interviewed have been then I stand by my view. If you can enlighten me as to those actually interviewed and for what role that would be great.

As for the second part, that's pretty much exactly what I said a few posts ago. I can still voice my concern that it looks somewhat disjointed in the approach from the outside looking in but I'm more than happy to not judge until an appointment is made.. Blind faith in people with a previous record of bodged recruitment and appointments is just daft though 

It makes no sense to lose the plot when we have more interviews to come. I could understand folk getting angry if we knew the interviews were complete and all the applicants were shit. Give it a chance.

Not in anyway in the know but heard the name Gareth Taylor , apparently he's in the frame . Man City youth coach , so doesn't really fit the experienced criteria tbh 

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

This is exactly the problem though. It shouldn’t be rushed, correct.

This is why we should have been drawing up names and candidates since August given how badly Levein was doing. Fair enough she wanted to give him a round of fixtures but a plan B had to be in place. 

The 4-6 week period of employing someone is far too long in football and given how important our December fixtures are, I would have hoped we would have made a decision.

I get why people are defending the club but wasting our time interviewing guys like McCann is pretty hard to defend or justify.

One of my criticisms of AB has to be her lack of foresight with regards to potentially replacing CL.

She has admitted that she is no football expert and has clearly relied on CL too heavily. Her focus has been on sorting off the field and allowing him to control the football side.

There have been mistakes made......nobody can argue with that.

But let her at least try to get these appointments right before slating her. She has now taken full control off the side of the club we care about most and she knows she has to get this right.

It’ll probably/hopefully be her last managerial appointment so I’d rather she took a whole 14 days or so longer than normal to try and ensure long term success.

She probably could have employed Robinson or Ross within a few days.....she would have got pelters for not inviting CV’s from around the world to see who was interested. She’s done that and is still getting grief.

Alan Nixon twitter

Hearts. Man City highly rated youth coach Gareth Taylor a late contender for post. Been talking to a few last few days. Yet to pick one.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What are the characteristics and experience requirements in your opinion. And as it appears via press guestimation that we are interviewing ex footballers with varying degrees of management experience we are indeed not interviewing "all sorts". 

In my opinion I would like us to go for a younger ex player who played at a high level with minimal experience of management. But that isn't what Hearts are after, Ann said she wants a high profile and very experienced manager...which is what makes me question why she's interviewing people who don't fit that bill (I accept that it's only paper talk and may not be true and hence why I said I'm not making any judgement until she appoints someone) unless actually she's not really sure what she wants which until you know that makes no sense to start interviews.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You're right we don't know who's been interviewed and that's the same on both sides. If those reported to have been interviewed have been then I stand by my view. If you can enlighten me as to those actually interviewed and for what role that would be great.

As for the second part, that's pretty much exactly what I said a few posts ago. I can still voice my concern that it looks somewhat disjointed in the approach from the outside looking in but I'm more than happy to not judge until an appointment is made.. Blind faith in people with a previous record of bodged recruitment and appointments is just daft though 

I have no idea for certain who has been interviewed......that is why I can’t possibly be in a position to criticise AB on that particular subject.

Just now, DH1986 said:

I have no idea for certain who has been interviewed......that is why I can’t possibly be in a position to criticise AB on that particular subject.

Great. We agree. I've not criticised her either, all I've said is that if those reported to have been interviewed for the managers role is true, then it seems somewhat scattered in the approach as they don't seem likely to all fit within a criteria someone would be recruiting against...and certainly not the only publicly stated criteria we have from the club.

We then had our resident jammy wearing Levein fan calling everyone stupid and saying that all business interview to a process that doesn't involve narrowing down the search to meet a set criteria prior to the interview stage...which I've argued isn't true. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Everyone forgotten?

Bang on Sir G

You would think people would realise the process this will take.  Mrs Budge said as much in her press conference. 

AlphonseCapone

The modern football fan is a moaning faced cry baby that wants their cake and to eat it.

It'll take as long as it takes. Get your shit together and deal with it.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Ann Budge interview with Stuart McCall - extracted minutes:

“Stuart. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being “not at all” and 10 being “the angriest they have ever been”), how angry do you think the fans would be if I appointed you?”

she should already know but shows that they out of touch with the fans, they even interviewed Presley last time..

that’s like interviewing Putin for the role of US president 

Edited by kingantti1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bang on Sir G

You would think people would realise the process this will take.  Mrs Budge said as much in her press conference. 

It's been explained. If it hadn't I'd be annoyed myself. 

I don't think it would be too much to ask for Ann to put out a statement on how they are currently getting on. No need for any names to be mentioned but at least come out with something like " We have been going through the process of interviewing for a Sports Director role at the club. We will need the input of an SD before we, together, proceed on our search for a new head coach. We have not yet (or maybe initially have) started head coach interviews but no-one will be appointed without the involvement of a new SD beforehand." At least it would be something and we, as fans, would know where we're currently at. I'd imagine a few applicants will have already been rejected by now, just not as yet officially. It all seems to be a bit cloak and dagger, hush-hush so giving the fans something is better than nothing at all.

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I don't think it would be too much to ask for Ann to put out a statement on how they are currently getting on. No need for any names to be mentioned but at least come out with something like " We have been going through the process of interviewing for a Sports Director role at the club. We will need the input of an SD before we, together, proceed on our search for a new head coach. We have not yet (or maybe initially have) started head coach interviews but no-one will be appointed without the involvement of a new SD beforehand." At least it would be something and we, as fans, would know where we're currently at. I'd imagine a few applicants will have already been rejected by now, just not as yet officially. It all seems to be a bit cloak and dagger, hush-hush so giving the fans something is better than nothing at all.

Damned if they do n damned if they don’t. People just need to give it time.

50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Alan Nixon twitter

Hearts. Man City highly rated youth coach Gareth Taylor a late contender for post. Been talking to a few last few days. Yet to pick one.

Not another Cathro please.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe we're waiting to see who gets sacked at Christmas time...

Simon Cowell doing the interviews? This could go on longer than the X Factor!

55 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not in anyway in the know but heard the name Gareth Taylor , apparently he's in the frame . Man City youth coach , so doesn't really fit the experienced criteria tbh 

It reminds me of the song...

there’s a guy works down the chip shop swears he’s elvis.

Kirsty MacColl

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Damned if they do n damned if they don’t. People just need to give it time.

I'm not too bothered about how long it will take (to a degree), next week, next month...doesn't matter, as long as they get the right people in. A wee statement to the fans on current goings-on though wouldn't do her any harm and it might buy her a bit more time in the recruitment stages.

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Why do you have to know step by step what is going on? AB atated it could be a 4-6 week process, which should be fine. I dont get the  need to know absolutely everything. Bit of patience is required!!!

Jesus Christ - now we need a statement.

We had a ****ing statement.

We are 2 weeks into an estimated 4-6 week process.

I really genuinely and increasingly question the sense behind us becoming fan owned.

Edited by Jammy T