Odds on next manager

DB-14

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It will take as long as is needed becuase they’ve no idea what they want or who is required to implement it.. certainly doesn’t take week to negotiate the release of a manager at our level.. 

Managers,it would be more than one being approached,so what do you do when the opposite chairman refuses you? thats all time consuming,AB will

not be rushed into making a decision,it's one she needs to get right this time.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

9 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

The 4-week search to unearth Craig Levein last time seemed unnecessarily complicated I must say.

This current hunt is now well into its third week and I’m unclear how many people we are recruiting and in what sequence we are recruiting them. The people we’ve interviewed do not really seem to closely match the profile given by the CEO a fortnight ago.

It seems rather shambolic from where I sit. Hoping it turns out for the best though!

It wasn’t complicated.

They couldn’t find the right person from the candidates they interviewed.....so they went down another route they didn’t expect. It didn’t work out.

Once again.....

You don’t know who’ve we’ve interviewed. You are going by the media.....the Daily Record have ran with a different story everyday for a fortnight.

Surely that is an indication it’s best to ignore the media.....and JKB for that matter.

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It boils down to, we don’t trust the board to make the managerial appointment, they’ve consistently got it wrong over the past 2 / 3 years, the scattergun list of supposed candidates had only served to add fuel to the fire.

If we appointed Stuart McCall or Neil McCann it’d be pitchforks at dawn. The fact they’ve even been granted an audience is utterly bizarre.. be like interviewing a barista from Starbucks to be new CEO of Microsoft 😆

I also think Ann budge is up there with one of the best things ever to happen to the club.. 

these opinions seamlessly co-exist.

Results support your point however nearly 90% on here supported Cathro’s  appointment on a poll on here. Nearly 65% supported Leveins appointment in a similar poll. It’s just not an exact science especially when we have no idea who they are talking to, what decisions have been made etc. 

37 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

McPhee not interested in going to Stoke, feels it’s time for him to step up.

SD or manager at Hearts or will look for a managers role.

Could see him at Falkirk if Hearts aren’t going to consider him.

See how he feels after a week in O’Neills company with NI...

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Alright, so it’s okay for you to assume stuff.👍🏼

Where is the assumption? Leveins salary is in the annual accounts released last week so that’s fact. O’Neill’s salary at Stoke widely reported in the media and somewhat confirmed by Irish fa and fans  comments ‘ can understand why when he is doubling his salary’ 

Again where are the assumptions? Hard to argue with legal documents in Leveins case. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well yes, When you’re in the hunt for a 6-figure/annum role, you cut your holiday.

Not that I believe this is what is happening here. 

Not when you are currently earning £30k per week and have just left a job because of stress. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not when you are currently earning £30k per week and have just left a job because of stress. 

Well then you would not be applying for a similarly stressful role, or inviting any approaches for the time being. 

Thing with management is that only the top guys can afford to take time out. For everyone else it’s a scramble and you know you will be ignored the longer you spend out of work. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You get what you've paid for. Maybe need to lower our expectations. 

Hearts have money, let's see who we get. 

I think there will be suprises next week

Edited by rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Closer to 3k a week I would have thought.

Maybe, it was £141k year before.  Bonuses have to be paid though if earned. 
£3k per week just strengthens my point that if McPhee gets offered a job at Stoke he is off. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well then you would not be applying for a similarly stressful role, or inviting any approaches for the time being. 

Thing with management is that only the top guys can afford to take time out. For everyone else it’s a scramble and you know you will be ignored the longer you spend out of work. 

You would think so however in that case Warnock isn’t a candidate. 

You would think so however in that case Warnock isn’t a candidate. 

I dunno if he is or not. 

But he is high profile enough to bide his time because there will always be a club out there for him. Not saying he is the cream of management t but he is respected enough at his level to be cool about rushing back into the game. Was he not retiring at the end of the season anyway?

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

£3k per week just strengthens my point that if McPhee gets offered a job at Stoke he is off. 

As far as I’m aware he is wanted at Stoke. He wants to wait and see if he gets the job (manager or SD, I don’t know) with us first however. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Am I? I think basic literacy skills are holding you back here. Less use of emoji's and more use of your brain is what's required!

If you are applying for a job and the employer fires employees every couple of months is that:

(a) attractive 

(b) unattractive 

If you are applying to be Hearts manager, is knowing that you will get a substantial period of time, to implement your ideas and methods:

(a) attractive 

(b) unattractive 

Don’t be such a condescending bellend.

You’re argument got turned against you. 

It’s not my fault you cannot stick to the subject or that you have quite clearly failed to even read the last paragraph of my previous post where I said, “i’d be inclined to agree with you”. 

Since you you want to carry on your nonsensical arguments I’ll play. 

1) “If you are applying for a job and the employer fires employees every couple of months is that”

Answer - The expectations at this club must be extremely high and it’s possible that the previous employees of that position couldn’t meet those expectations.

They must be quite an ambitious club.

This would be an attractive proposition because if I do a great job here, I could get a better one and if I don’t, I get a lot of compensation for a short period of work.

So (a) - Very attractive.

2) “If you are applying to be Hearts manager, is knowing that you will get a substantial period of time, to implement your ideas and methods” 

This club must be happy to achieve top 6 or mid table. I know the Chairman/Chairwoman is quite patient but they don’t seem very ambitious in the short term. They may not give me the resources I need to achieve success quickly and instead focus on getting the best out of a poor squad of players. 

So (b) - Unattractive

What do I win? 🤩

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I dunno if he is or not. 

But he is high profile enough to bide his time because there will always be a club out there for him. Not saying he is the cream of management t but he is respected enough at his level to be cool about rushing back into the game. Was he not retiring at the end of the season anyway?

He was. Also said last week that the Sala affair has been the most stressful thing he has ever had to deal with. Thinks it was his fault.  Went off on holiday right after resigning at Cardiff. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Where is the assumption? Leveins salary is in the annual accounts released last week so that’s fact. O’Neill’s salary at Stoke widely reported in the media and somewhat confirmed by Irish fa and fans  comments ‘ can understand why when he is doubling his salary’ 

Again where are the assumptions? Hard to argue with legal documents in Leveins case. 

The bit where you said, 

Fair to assume his replacement as first team manager, unless it’s a big name, won’t earmore than £4K per week. “

:vrface:

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What Craig Levein earned does not mean that’s what the new Hearts manager will earn. Maybe we have a bigger budget now to attract a manager than when he had the job. He did sign the contract three years ago. 

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

As far as I’m aware he is wanted at Stoke. He wants to wait and see if he gets the job (manager or SD, I don’t know) with us first however. 

Could be. I have no idea. Brave decision if he is offered a role with us, particularly manager, and stays. 

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

😀 I bet you are a real joy to live with. 

I’ve got standards, so I probably wouldn’t live with you. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The bit where you said, 

Fair to assume his replacement as first team manager, unless it’s a big name, won’t earmore than £4K per week. “

:vrface:

Ok, change it to very unlikely. My argument still stands and nitpicking is your only response. Do you agree with numbers involved? 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

What Craig Levein earned does not mean that’s what the new Hearts manager will earn. Maybe we have a bigger budget now to attract a manager than when he had the job. He did sign the contract three years ago. 

Remember he was effectively doing two jobs for that salary. Having a first team manager and an SD immediately double the cost or thereabouts. 
we won’t be paying more than £5k per week unless it’s a big, big name. 

Ok, change it to very unlikely. My argument still stands and nitpicking is your only response. Do you agree with numbers involved? 

You’re accusing me of nitpicking? 

Oh, the irony.

No, I don’t. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

All these leaks out of Tynecastle regarding McPhee makes the place look like the Tory Government. Why would any owner give McPhee an interview when he had more involvement than Levein in the coaching of the team. I doubt most of our support could handle McPhee after Cathro & Levein.

Mitch, I wish you would stop thinking you speak for the entire Hearts support. You speak only for yourself, thankfully.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Don’t be such a condescending bellend.

You’re argument got turned against you. 

It’s not my fault you cannot stick to the subject or that you have quite clearly failed to even read the last paragraph of my previous post where I said, “i’d be inclined to agree with you”. 

Since you you want to carry on your nonsensical arguments I’ll play. 

1) “If you are applying for a job and the employer fires employees every couple of months is that”

Answer - The expectations at this club must be extremely high and it’s possible that the previous employees of that position couldn’t meet those expectations.

They must be quite an ambitious club.

This would be an attractive proposition because if I do a great job here, I could get a better one and if I don’t, I get a lot of compensation for a short period of work.

So (a) - Very attractive.

2) “If you are applying to be Hearts manager, is knowing that you will get a substantial period of time, to implement your ideas and methods” 

This club must be happy to achieve top 6 or mid table. I know the Chairman/Chairwoman is quite patient but they don’t seem very ambitious in the short term. They may not give me the resources I need to achieve success quickly and instead focus on getting the best out of a poor squad of players. 

So (b) - Unattractive

What do I win? 🤩

Jesus Christ!

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is that why you live on your own ? 😁

In my dreams maybe! 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jesus Christ!

:laugh:

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Your third para is a joke. You have probably never met Mrs Budge, certainly never had a discussion about football with her yet you state that everybody on this board knows more about football than she does! 
Must be short odds favourite for most stupid post of the year on here. 

Fwiw I only took an interest in Hearts because of my Dad. Does that mean I know as little about the game as Mrs Budge?  What footballing academy did you attend that makes you this footballing guru?? 

It is worse than a joke. Ms Budge has been going to games for many years now, and I guarantee she knows more about football than 50% of the many thousands who are registered on here, and probably a fair bit more. She is a quick learner, but could it be because she is a woman that some think she knows nothing?

I would back her knowledge of football being better than 90% of board members of SPFL clubs.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, ray said:

Neil Warnock to be named manager tomorrow and Stuart macall his assistant with Austin Macphee going upstairs 

Are you not a self confessed Hibby? (Not that it would matter if you really did have information)

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Whatever, you’re point is utter shite and you’re clearly at it.

Mate, you're usually quite a measured poster but you're having a mare on this thread.  Give up and let the club go through a process that have explained already.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

McPhee not interested in going to Stoke, feels it’s time for him to step up.

SD or manager at Hearts or will look for a managers role.

Could see him at Falkirk if Hearts aren’t going to consider him.

Interesting post.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You’re accusing me of nitpicking? 

Oh, the irony.

No, I don’t. 

Didn’t think you would. . You don’t like facts just your own opinion. That’s come through very clearly. 

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If we end up getting paid compensation for McPhee we really have won a raffle. 

19 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It is worse than a joke. Ms Budge has been going to games for many years now, and I guarantee she knows more about football than 50% of the many thousands who are registered on here, and probably a fair bit more. She is a quick learner, but could it be because she is a woman that some think she knows nothing?

I would back her knowledge of football being better than 90% of board members of SPFL clubs.

Good post. Hard to disagree with any of it. Some on here disappointed today that one of her, and our, teams won the league and promotion. 

I can't be arsed looking through the bickering, it's been suggested that we're now looking at managers who're currently in work. Anyone have any insight into who that might be?

I'd be surprised if Robinson wasn't one of those targets, but it would be good to see if anyone else is being banded about right now.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

It’s not even remotely complicated at all.

It isn't, but this forum is making it look that way.

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Not really, it will amount to about £40-50K 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t think you would. . You don’t like facts just your own opinion. That’s come through very clearly. 

Facts? 

You made an assumption.

Then you changed that assumption  to highly likely.

Now it’s back to “facts”.

You’re one to talk about facts and opinions when you were handed Dougie Freedman’s win ratios on a plate and you were still banging on about him being the best thing since sliced breed.

Hypocrite. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I can't be arsed looking through the bickering, it's been suggested that we're now looking at managers who're currently in work. Anyone have any insight into who that might be?

I'd be surprised if Robinson wasn't one of those targets, but it would be good to see if anyone else is being banded about right now.

Nothing but speculation so not worth anything. 

Not really, it will amount to about £40-50K 

Maybe. Maybe more. 

Either way, money could be used as a signing on bonus or something when attracting a new Manager. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t encourage him by responding. I’m done with his baseless rants. On ignore 

Can you get each other’s tongues any further up each other’s arse? 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

StirlingJambo

I really don’t think Budge has a clue about this kind of stuff. The process is a shambles to be honest. She has known for a while that Levein was on a slippery slope , so there should of been a select few that she had in mind that could fill the position.  Instead she treats it like she’s doing interviews for a manger for some office job. Teams without a manger very rarely go over two weeks to appoint the next man in charge but Anne likes to drag these things out. Looks like we will have no gaffer in place after 4/5 weeks..ridiculous 😂 Just go for a proven experienced manager with a good track record and keep the donkeys ( McCann, McCall) away from the place!

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Facts? 

You made an assumption.

You’re one to talk about facts and opinions when you were handed Dougie Freedman’s win ratios on a plate and you were still banging on about him being the best thing since sliced breed.

Hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Facts? 

You made an assumption.

Hypocrite. 

Taken you off ignore one last time. I pointed out that in the top two leagues in England his win ratio is decent and not the 50%+ you were looking for. Nobody but the managers of the top 3/4 clubs gets anywhere near that down south. Once again you didn’t like facts. Preferred your own opinion, baseless as it was  
I didn’t say he was the best thing since sliced bread, I said we we nearly hired him 2.5 years ago and he wouldn’t be a bad shout this time round. 
Im out of conversing with you. Wasted too much time already. 

1 minute ago, StirlingJambo said:

I really don’t think Budge has a clue about this kind of stuff. The process is a shambles to be honest. She has known for a while that Levein was on a slippery slope , so there should of been a select few that she had in mind that could fill the position.  Instead she treats it like she’s doing interviews for a manger for some office job. Teams without a manger very rarely go over two weeks to appoint the next man in charge but Anne likes to drag these things out. Looks like we will have no gaffer in place after 4/5 weeks..ridiculous 😂 Just go for a proven experienced manager with a good track record and keep the donkeys ( McCann, McCall) away from the place!

The firefighters will be a long in a minute. 

Taken you off ignore one last time. I pointed out that in the top two leagues in England his win ratio is decent and not the 50%+ you were looking for. Nobody but the managers of the top 3/4 clubs gets anywhere near that down south. Once again you didn’t like facts. Preferred your own opinion, baseless as it was  
I didn’t say he was the best thing since sliced bread, I said we we nearly hired him 2.5 years ago and he wouldn’t be a bad shout this time round. 
Im out of conversing with you. Wasted too much time already. 

Actually, I said 40%.

The facts were that his win ratio was lower than Leveins total win ratio and neither of his win ratios were higher than Leveins 2nd spell.

He had lost more games than he had won over 246 games as manager, he’d lost like 87 and won only 85. 

He hasn’t been offered another gig in years and sacked by two of the three clubs he managed. 

You didn’t like that, yet couldn’t accept the facts. 

You’ve been shown up as someone that likes throwing stones in glass houses. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now you’re away into hiding. 🥳 

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

You know, it's bad enough when the BBC Sportsound dicks, including Willie Miller, mock and take the piss out of Austen McPhee, but when our own "fans" do likewise it is getting beyond the pale.