Odds on next manager

DB-14

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

Why do you have to know step by step what is going on? AB atated it could be a 4-6 week process, which should be fine. I dont get the  need to know absolutely everything. Bit of patience is required!!!

Never said everything. More of an update. Nothing bad about that.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm not too bothered about how long it will take (to a degree), next week, next month...doesn't matter, as long as they get the right people in. A wee statement to the fans on current goings-on though wouldn't do her any harm and it might buy her a bit more time in the recruitment stages.

no it won’t - her statements get the shit analysed out of them

Edited by Jammy T

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Jesus Christ - now we need a statement.

We had a ****ing statement.

We are 2 weeks into an estimated 4-6 week process.

I really genuinely and increasingly question the sense behind us becoming fan owned.

6 weeks to appoint a manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Disagree. Robinson has shown a lot of talent as a manager and shown he can deal with adversity snd come out the other side.

You seriously can't be suggesting that Robinson is in the same mould and class as Warnock? 

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I really genuinely and increasingly question the sense behind us becoming fan owned.

You're not alone mate 

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

she should already know but shows that they out of touch with the fans, they even interviewed Presley last time..

that’s like interviewing Putin for the role of US president 

I’m all for the club taking a little bit time but the 4 to 6 week thing is a bit much to me. I think they factored in the international break but if the timing was different we would’ve had to be much quicker and decisive in our actions if our fixtures weren’t interrupted. 

We may well be holding out until we can make a double announcement and if it’s after the Killie match, then so be it. It’ll only have been a touch over 3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not impressed with Irvine

For me hes not a motivator 

He got Sheff Wednesday relegated did he not? 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m all for the club taking a little bit time but the 4 to 6 week thing is a bit much to me. I think they factored in the international break but if the timing was different we would’ve had to be much quicker and decisive in our actions if our fixtures weren’t interrupted. 

We may well be holding out until we can make a double announcement and if it’s after the Killie match, then so be it. It’ll only have been a touch over 3 weeks.

4 to 6 weeks does feel a bit excessive. We are treating this like we are appointing a new HR Manager or something. Football isn’t the same as normal business it moves a lot faster. 

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

6 weeks to appoint a manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There seems to be many on here that have completely blind faith in The board, for whatever reason I don’t know because they’ve run the football side of the club rather incompetently for the last 3 years.

Secondly there seems to be an underlying theme for some that fans don’t know anything about these managers, when the fact is most of us know more about football than the board clearly do. 

And thirdly there seems to be a new theme of anyone being unconvinced or opposed to Stuart McCall or some other shanner of a candidate makes many of us unrealistic. Therefore there’s an element of supporters on here that are going to pretend that the club have made the right appointment and pretend to be happy about it even if it categorically goes against what Ann has previously said. 

It’s become very much follow the party line for some just now even though they know and we know that most clubs don’t go through this CV process unless they are like Brechin or something, and most clubs seem to manage to appoint a new manager within a week to 3 weeks.  

There is absolutely nothing wrong with folk being objective and refusing to have faith in the board because the board have shown nothing to say they are on the ball. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

But how do you ensure you’re getting the ‘right man’? The simple answer is that you can’t. Look at the issues Man Utd have had trying to replace Ferguson. You pick the person who seems to best fit your criteria and then hope for the best.

I dont think Man Utd made the right move. They went for the ex player to allow breathing space.

No way to make sure you do get the right man, but you can take the time to ensure you get the best fit for the club, 

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He got Sheff Wednesday relegated did he not? 

Relegation is one of those things, you get a poor squad and you're unlucky. He reminds me of Levein, talking up opponents, that's not what we need

Edited by rudi must stay

PaulHartley10
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There seems to be many on here that have completely blind faith in The board, for whatever reason I don’t know because they’ve run the football side of the club rather incompetently for the last 3 years.

Secondly there seems to be an underlying theme for some that fans don’t know anything about these managers, when the fact is most of us know more about football than the board clearly do. 

And thirdly there seems to be a new theme of anyone being unconvinced or opposed to Stuart McCall or some other shanner of a candidate makes many of us unrealistic. Therefore there’s an element of supporters on here that are going to pretend that the club have made the right appointment and pretend to be happy about it even if it categorically goes against what Ann has previously said. 

It’s become very much follow the party line for some just now even though they know and we know that most clubs don’t go through this CV process unless they are like Brechin or something, and most clubs seem to manage to appoint a new manager within a week to 3 weeks.  

There is absolutely nothing wrong with folk being objective and refusing to have faith in the board because the board have shown nothing to say they are on the ball. 

👏

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And thirdly there seems to be new theme of anyone not being unconvinced or opposed to Stuart McCall or some other shanner of a candidate makes the rest of us unrealistic. Therefore there’s an element of supporters on here that are going to pretend that the club have made the right appointment and pretend to be happy about it even if it categorically goes against what Ann has previously said. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with folk being objective and refusing to have faith have faith in the board because the board have shown nothing to say they are on the ball. 

By the time Ann Budge gets 3 References and a PVG for the successful candidate we could be talking 8 weeks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ...

The only football brain ‘and I use the term loosely’ on the board was Craig Levein,now we have Ann Budge and the gormless dream team on the panel.🙈

18 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

4 to 6 weeks does feel a bit excessive. We are treating this like we are appointing a new HR Manager or something. Football isn’t the same as normal business it moves a lot faster. 

👍🏻

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

By the time Ann Budge gets 3 References and a PVG for the successful candidate we could be talking 8 weeks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ...

The only football brain ‘and I use the term loosely’ on the board was Craig Levein,now we have Ann Budge and the gormless dream team on the panel.🙈

She had this football review part 1 and then we were all wondering when part 2 was going to happen. 

Its quite obvious now that part 2 was about a restructuring of the football dept and a new Sporting Director coming in to replace Levein as DoF.

So she and the board have obviously had this planned for a long time. So why haven’t they been recruiting someone in that period?

When it comes to that type of appointment, we don’t need another clubs permission to speak to an administrator as they are salaried by that club and not on a contractual basis lodged at an FA in the same sense a player or manager would be.

The Sporting Director should have been appointed before the manager was sacked. Surely that is sensible and thinking ahead, planning for the inevitable? 

We could have appointed one while Craig was still DoF, he knew his time was up at the end of the season anyway. It happens in football and business all the time, where a new Director is appointed before one leaves. 

Then the Sporting Directors first job would have been drawing up a shortlist and headhunting a manager. 

Now we’re looking for a Sporting Director 1st, to then appoint a manager while we’ve been interviewing managers before we’ve even appointed a Sporting Director. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Cruyff Turn

A Shoreditch Heart
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

👍🏻

yeah know what you're saying, but lets not rush into this appointment. I'm quite happy to wait another few more weeks if that is what it takes - We have Austin together with Christophe and Naismith who will keep the team motivated in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

She had this football review part 1 and then we were all wondering when part 2 was going to happen. 

Its quite obvious now that part 2 was about a restructuring of the football dept and a new Sporting Director coming in to replace Levein as DoF.

So she and the board have obviously had this planned for a long time. So why haven’t they been recruiting someone in that period?

When it comes to that type of appointment, we don’t need another clubs permission to speak to an administrator as they are salaried by that club and not on a contractual basis lodged at an FA in the same sense a player or manager would be.

The Sporting Director should have been appointed before the manager was sacked. Surely that is sensible and thinking ahead, planning for the inevitable? 

We could have appointed one while Craig was still DoF, he knew his time was up at the end of the season anyway. It happens in football and business all the time, where a new Director is appointed before one leaves. 

Then the Sporting Directors first job would have been drawing up a shortlist and headhunting a manager. 

Now we’re looking for a Sporting Director 1st, to then appoint a manager while we’ve been interviewing managers before we’ve even appointed a Sporting Director. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not sure, @mitch41 is going to take too kindly, to you trying to cut his grass ...

36 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And thirdly there seems to be a new theme of anyone being unconvinced or opposed to Stuart McCall or some other shanner of a candidate makes many of us unrealistic.

Clearly KB is not the place to come for football knowledge and you have no idea what the board know or don't know. So it's not a fact, it's made up nonsence.

If someone Shan like McCall is selected doesn't mean it is wrong until we see what he does with the team.

It won't matter who comes in, the usual suspects will say it's wrong and will spend their life trying to prove it, no matter what evidence says otherwise.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The modern football fan is a moaning faced cry baby that wants their cake and to eat it.

It'll take as long as it takes. Get your shit together and deal with it.

Far too sensible a post for this place.

I genuinely can't work out if this board is infested with vermin or our fans are the biggest bunch of snotterers on the planet! 🙄

Edited by slashishere

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The sheer stupidity amongst our fanbase is more worrying to me than how we conduct manager searches.

We are already suffering because of it.

Dear god.

Hard to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Hard to disagree

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not sure, @mitch41 is going to take too kindly, to you trying to cut his grass ...

🎣 caught one.

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Clearly KB is not the place to come for football knowledge and you have no idea what the board know or don't know. So it's not a fact, it's made up nonsence.

If someone Shan like McCall is selected doesn't mean it is wrong until we see what he does with the team.

It won't matter who comes in, the usual suspects will say it's wrong and will spend their life trying to prove it, no matter what evidence says otherwise.

1st part, I never said anything about what you have suggested so don’t move the goalposts.

Secondly, are you trying to say that me or anyone else on this board knows less about football than Ann Budge? :rofl: 

Part in bold - So I was bang on there then? you’d happily accept someone like Stuart McCall as manager purely to toe the club line? :laugh2:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The sheer stupidity amongst our fanbase is more worrying to me than how we conduct manager searches.

We are already suffering because of it.

Dear god.

Have got to agree.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

🎣 caught one.

1st part, I never said anything about what you have suggested so don’t move the goalposts.

Secondly, are you trying to say that me or anyone else on this board knows less about football than Ann Budge? :rofl: 

Part in bold - So I was bang on there then? you’d happily accept someone like Stuart McCall as manager purely to toe the club line? :laugh2:

What do you mean caught one?

My point was, there is no proof that McCall or anyone else would be shit. The only option would be get behind them until they prove themselves to be shit. You have decided everyone is shit and therefore Budge is shit when you have no idea what's going on. 

Are you saying that Ann Budge knows less than everyone on this forum ? 

Levein has gone, so start on Budge, Budge will be gone in the future , then start on someone else. The opposite of supporting your club. But but I pay ten pound a month, I demand something we cant have, I want a statement, I know more than the board etc etc. God help us.

Edited by jambopilms

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cannot wait for fan ownership to watch Jammy T explode into a sanctimonious mess every week 

:jj:

But, we are all so stupid. And he is oh so smart 

:sob:

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

But, we are all so stupid. And he is oh so smart 

:sob:

He’ll be spewing into his Ann Budge tankard when we start changing the manager every month and introduce a flute band at half time. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What do you mean caught one?

My point was, there is no proof that McCall or anyone else would be shit. The only option would be get behind them until they prove themselves to be shit. You have decided everyone is shit and therefore Budge is shit when you have no idea what's going on. 

Are you saying that Ann Budge knows less than everyone on this forum ? 

Levein has gone, so start on Budge, Budge will be gone in the future , then start on someone else. The opposite of supporting your club. But but I pay ten pound a month, I demand something we cant have, I want a statement, I know more than the board etc etc. God help us.

The point is Ann said she wanted a high profile and an experienced candidate. 

I said in my post if that did not happen and folk criticised the board, you’d have the party line men on here running about putting out fires. You have proven my point. 

Ann Budge certainly isn’t as knowledgeable about football as anyone on this forum, she only took an interest in Hearts because of her daughter. 

You’re final point is garbage. I have made very fair points about the boards running of the club in the last 3 years. I have not made any criticism of the club which is baseless.

Are you saying that there should be no criticism of the Board whatsoever because that is exactly what you seem to be saying.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

This is what is wrong....

There are a select few who know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and the rest is just assumption, guesswork or downright lies.

And instead of giving the adequate time to fill both roles.....they are making stupid comparisons to two years ago. 

We are looking to fill two separate rolls.....two  positions that have to work in complete harmony to ensure this football club moves forward to where we all think it should be.

There isn’t a double act ready made to slot in. I’m more than comfortable with AB taking a month to get this absolutely right rather than take a fortnight just to keep some impatient half-wits happy.

These guys would be the first to complain if a rushed appointment didn’t work out.

AB can’t win here with some.

Spot on again.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly

Night after sacking Levein, she says this could take between 4-6 weeks. It is said in the press that Macphee will likely be still in dugout at the end of week 3 having continued interviews and only some names released by press other names not known. Some Hearts fans, she has messed up we are going to be a disaster. You would think some people would learn to relax. Wait till someone has been appointed

If I was paranoid I might think that some don't want us to hire a good manager.

1 minute ago, ray said:

Neil Warnock to be named manager tomorrow and Stuart macall his assistant with Austin Macphee going upstairs 

I’m in. So many other shocking ideas and suggestions this may be the best of a bad bunch. Ticks the “name” budge was talking about and Austin does what he is supposed to be good at. Also no need to pay a severance.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 minutes ago, ray said:

Neil Warnock to be named manager tomorrow and Stuart macall his assistant with Austin Macphee going upstairs 

Really? I thought we were entering the "next stage" of recruitment...those currently employed.

Also why Would Neil Warnock want to choose Stuart McCall as his assistant? Seems a random choice.

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I said in my post if that did not happen and folk criticised the board, you’d have the party line men on here running about putting out fires. You have proven my point. 

Ann Budge certainly isn’t as knowledgeable about football as anyone on this forum, she only took an interest in Hearts because of her daughter. 

You’re final point is garbage. I have made very fair points about the boards running of the club in the last 3 years. I have not made any criticism of the club which is baseless.

Are you saying that there should be no criticism of the Board whatsoever because that is exactly what you seem to be saying.

I'm saying calm your tits until someone has been given the job and they have had a chance to do the job they are paid to do. 

3 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Really? I thought we were entering the "next stage" of recruitment...those currently employed.

Also why Would Neil Warnock want to choose Stuart McCall as his assistant? Seems a random choice.

McCall was his assistant at Sheff Utd.

4 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Not that random. Played for Warnock at Sheffield Utd and maybe even captained them at the time also. Don’t quote me on the captaincy. Just an educated guess....(and also his assistant 😉)

Edited by goldie83

Just now, DH1986 said:

McCall was his assistant at Sheff Utd.

Ah, that's interesting!

Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Not that random. Played for Warnock at Sheffield Utd and maybe even captained them at the time also. Don’t quote me on the captaincy. Just an educated guess....

Ha! Seems a logical choice after all.

Showing my naivety of Championship footy! Cheers!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Hard to disagree. 

All these leaks out of Tynecastle regarding McPhee makes the place look like the Tory Government. Why would any owner give McPhee an interview when he had more involvement than Levein in the coaching of the team. I doubt most of our support could handle McPhee after Cathro & Levein.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm saying calm your tits until someone has been given the job and they have had a chance to do the job they are paid to do. 

My tits are perfectly calm thank you very much but I will always hold the club to account. 👍🏼

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Your third para is a joke. You have probably never met Mrs Budge, certainly never had a discussion about football with her yet you state that everybody on this board knows more about football than she does! 
Must be short odds favourite for most stupid post of the year on here. 

Fwiw I only took an interest in Hearts because of my Dad. Does that mean I know as little about the game as Mrs Budge?  What footballing academy did you attend that makes you this footballing guru?? 

18 minutes ago, ray said:

I doubt it but that could be a rather reasonable outcome. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

My tits are perfectly calm thank you very much but I will always hold the club to account. 👍🏼

You don’t have access to enough information to ‘hold the club to account’. You are however making a complete and utter tit of yourself by attempting to.

19 minutes ago, ray said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. In fact only surprise in that would be McPhee not going to Stoke.