Odds on next manager

DB-14

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There's also the fact that I think Wolfsburg threw barrels of cash at their title tilt, but I wouldn't be playing down beating Bayern Munich to the title tbh. think they also did very well in the Champion's League under him too did they not?

We’re Hearts mate. We’ve already had one dinosaur ruin us, the last thing we need is the most hated manager on planet earth coming in and having the players go running through the woods or recuperate from injury by rubbing cheese on a tight hamstring. :rofl: 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Horatio Caine

Magathe and McClaren would both be disastrous.  To me, we should be looking at someone younger, hungrier, and able to get the players feeling good about themselves again.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

We’re Hearts mate. We’ve already had one dinosaur ruin us, the last thing we need is the most hated manager on planet earth coming in and having the players go running through the woods or recuperate from injury by rubbing cheese on a tight hamstring. :rofl: 

All the same mate, I'll ask what my pals think of him. Seen plenty stuff at Hearts blown out of shape by the media, and whatever else, his whacky methods have garnered results.

10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Magathe and McClaren would both be disastrous.  To me, we should be looking at someone younger, hungrier, and able to get the players feeling good about themselves again.

Cathro?

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you aware how ageist you are? 

He is way too old for the job. That’s ageist but he’s only two years older than me so I can say that with impunity. It’s a bit like having Corbyn as PM or Saunders as President. Way too old for high pressure roles. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Cathro?

Er no!  I said, get the players feeling good about themselves, not saying to themselves - "WTF?"

39 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Felix Magath would be a disaster.

Great player in his day mind, he played against Hearts for Hamburg. Must have enjoyed the experience. 

He’s a total fruitcake.

He would fit right in here. Sign him up.

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is way too old for the job. That’s ageist but he’s only two years older than me so I can say that with impunity. It’s a bit like having Corbyn as PM or Saunders as President. Way too old for high pressure roles. 

Nothing to do with his age tbf, he’d just be an catastrophe at Hearts. His methods are just outdated and totally bizarre. Every player that has played under him absolutely hated him. Our players would fold and we’d be relegated if we appointed Magath.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Nothing to do with his age tbf, he’d just be an catastrophe at Hearts. His methods are just outdated and totally bizarre. Every player that has played under him absolutely hated him. Our players would fold and we’d be relegated if we appointed Magath.

Every player! That's a bit of a broad statement, isn't it?

Doubt the Bayern double winners or the Wolfsburg title winners absolutely hate him.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Every player! That's a bit of a broad statement, isn't it?

Doubt the Bayern double winners or the Wolfsburg title winners absolutely hate him.

Well, they did. 

Maybe actually read shit about him instead of reading what he won on Wikipedia? 

Well, they did. 

Maybe actually read shit about him instead of reading what he won on Wikipedia? 

Aye, ok. Every single player that he's managed absolutely hates him. Glad you can confirm. 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Aye, ok. Every single player that he's managed absolutely hates him. Glad you can confirm. 👍🏼

As I said, maybe have a wee google and a read! The thoughts of Bayern captain Lahm,  and Chairman Uli Hoeness might be a good start. 👍🏼

Edited by Cruyff Turn

As I said, maybe have a wee google and a read! The Bayern captain Lahm,  and Chairman might be a good start. 👍🏼

I have. You said "every single player" which just isn't correct whatsoever 👍🏼

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

I have. You said "every single player" which just isn't correct whatsoever 👍🏼

Aye very good, pedant. 👍🏼 

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Very concerning article regarding Magath and his methods - https://atthematch.com/article/how-not-to-manage-by-felix-magath 

I rest my case. 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

We're 3 points off the bottom of the table, I'd suggest it's quite urgent we get a manager in post ASAP. We took ages last time, did that result in the best manager for the job?

By the Killie game we'll have had over 3 weeks to appoint someone including 2 weeks of an international break. That doesn't strike me as rushing it.

then you have no idea whatsoever of timescales. What if the target is currently employed?  Think we can do all the negotiations in 3 weeks - from start of selection process given we do not have the funds to pay over the odds. 

Don’t panic!!! 

Maroon Sailor

Austin MacPhee 11/10
Steve Robinson 4/1
Jack Ross 6/1
Nigel Adkins 6/1
Felix Magath 8/1
Roy Keane 8/1
Andy Kirk 16/1
Daniel Stendel 16/1
David Moyes 16/1
Mark Hughes 16/1

Edited by Maroon Sailor

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Imagine we did! The fans would love him. 

Managed 888 games, lost 173, dunno if that would cut the mustard with our support. 

:laugh:

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Adkins down to 6/1 this afternoon, maybe suggests someone knows he has applied.

It suggest that someone has put a fiver on him.

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It suggest that someone has put a fiver on him.

Maybe not, bookies odds are generally a combination of money laid and what they glean from their sources of intelligence which are often very decent. Might just be someone who knows him that has passed the info on, quite often unwittingly.

Edited by Jodami

Bazzas right boot

I'm not a Felix fan, but Ffs he's won multiple trophies and won league titles. 

My cats hate felix. They aren't on board with this. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That looks good.

Robbo’s heart’s in the Highlands, his heart is not here,

Robbo’s heart’s in the Highlands a-chasing  the deer.

24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Austin MacPhee 11/10 Maybe
Steve Robinson 4/1 Maybe
Jack Ross 6/1 Maybe
Nigel Adkins 6/1 Yes
Felix Magath 8/1 No 
Roy Keane 8/1 HELL NO
Andy Kirk 16/1 No
Daniel Stendel 16/1 Yes
David Moyes 16/1 Yes
Mark Hughes 16/1 Yes

Chris Houghton still my number one choice but I think that might be aiming too high.

Ian Holloway and Paulo Sergio would also be on my list.

33 minutes ago, Sid said:

then you have no idea whatsoever of timescales. What if the target is currently employed?  Think we can do all the negotiations in 3 weeks - from start of selection process given we do not have the funds to pay over the odds. 

Don’t panic!!! 

If we appoint someone who isn't immediately available then I'd expect it to be announced once the terms are agreed with Austin filling in until he can join.

If we didn't have a shortlist prior to sacking Levein then I'd be amazed.

2 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Interviews? You identify you're number 1 target and offer him the job. 

So now we have to process loads of applications and hold several meetings so we can hum over and haw over and another 2 weeks later will then give it to Austin till the end of the season 

My understanding from what Mrs Budge said at her press conference was that she expected a SD to be appointed before a decision was made on a manager. This would indicate to me that the new SD would have some input into our choice of manager. 

People will just have to be patient. It's not as if there are any red hot candidates available for either of the manager positions in Edinburgh.

It would be a bit daft to go ahead and appoint a manager  and then lose out on a quality SD because they are incompatible. 

If Austin gets the team winning and playing well the new SD may be happy to give him to the end of the season .

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Chris Houghton still my number one choice but I think that might be aiming too high.

Ian Holloway and Paulo Sergio would also be on my list.

He wants a premier league job or a top end championship job, he won’t come to us though I would love him too.  I have no end of man love for CH. 

I could see see him being Southampton manager this side of Xmas. 

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Felix Magath will be in the Not on your nelly pile and if he isn’t Ann and co had better get their coats.

What pile would mccann,mcphee and robbo be in?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

My understanding from what Mrs Budge said at her press conference was that she expected a SD to be appointed before a decision was made on a manager. This would indicate to me that the new SD would have some input into our choice of manager. 

People will just have to be patient. It's not as if there are any red hot candidates available for either of the manager positions in Edinburgh.

It would be a bit daft to go ahead and appoint a manager  and then lose out on a quality SD because they are incompatible. 

If Austin gets the team winning and playing well the new SD may be happy to give him to the end of the season .

I'm genuinely confused by this, I thought the SD had nothing to do with first team matters.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Robbo’s heart’s in the Highlands, his heart is not here,

Robbo’s heart’s in the Highlands a-chasing  the deer.

Would that be an auld deer?

😉

45 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Austin MacPhee 11/10.  No way
Steve Robinson 4/1.      No
Jack Ross 6/1.           Maybe
Nigel Adkins 6/1         Yes
Felix Magath 8/1.        He is a madman
Roy Keane 8/1.           No
Andy Kirk 16/1.          No
Daniel Stendel 16/1.         Yes
David Moyes 16/1.          Yes
Mark Hughes 16/1.        Maybe

My take on this list but where is Chris Hughton, Chris Coleman, Gary Rowett ect

I just know I’m going to be really disappointed but really optimistic at the same time when new manager is finally announced. This is 100 x worse than trying to pick the team before a game. I’m going to combust 

Warnock sevens on mcbookie now

Neil Warnock today parted company with Cardiff City after three years in charge and has been installed a 7/1 chance to become the next permanent Hearts manager.

Edited by Newton51

15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm genuinely confused by this, I thought the SD had nothing to do with first team matters.

Perhaps you are correct.

Why would a SD be appointed before a manager is appointed though.

Mrs Budge is on record as saying that.

35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If we appoint someone who isn't immediately available then I'd expect it to be announced once the terms are agreed with Austin filling in until he can join.

If we didn't have a shortlist prior to sacking Levein then I'd be amazed.

We also invited applications. By all accounts, have had a lot of applications from far and wide. 
It’s an interesting and attractive role. May be some gems out there. Prefer to take our time and get the best. 

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Warnock sevens on mcbookie now

Neil Warnock today parted company with Cardiff City after three years in charge and has been installed a 7/1 chance to become the next permanent Hearts manager.

Warnock's 70 and was he not away to retire at the end of the season?

11 minutes ago, Sid said:

We also invited applications. By all accounts, have had a lot of applications from far and wide. 
It’s an interesting and attractive role. May be some gems out there. Prefer to take our time and get the best. 

True, fair enough. We'll agree to disagree on it.