4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Since we are naming massive outsiders for fun

Reno Gattuso 

Gio Van Bronckhorst

Javi Gracia

Jaap Stam

Gus Poyet

I'd like it to be a former international player

I don't think bring a great players is necessarily the makings of a coach but it does command immediate respect, in the bubble that is Scottish football that seems to count for a lot.

1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

Deary me, how low we have fallen if a Motherwell manager with little and average experience is the most high profile and experienced manager we can hope to acquire.

Did JJ get these same type of comments when we were after him first time round? He had little and average experience but showed he could get a club punching above its weight playing good football. Robinson seems similar to me.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, damo said:

Did JJ get these same type of comments when we were after him first time round? He had little and average experience but showed he could get a club punching above its weight playing good football. Robinson seems similar to me.

Could be wrong but jj had done very well with Falkirk for a few good seasons. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, damo said:

he did it over a sustained period. Motherwell have had some good results this season.. not so much in his first 2 seasons

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Reno Gattuso 

Gio Van Bronckhorst

Javi Gracia

Jaap Stam

Gus Poyet

Jaap Stam. His possession stats were through the roof. His back 4 spent most of the game moving it round their own half. 

I would like a foreign coach too. Loved Sergio,  his time has come and gone but he wasn't afraid of the Old Firm. European coaches don't have in built shitebag 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, damo said:

Take your point, but JJ had a much better record and more experience. I really hope we don't go for Robinson. OK, he got to two cup finals but the cups have been pretty competitive, open tournaments the last few years (until the final anyhow).

The league's what matters though as Levein's cup record was good and it didn't help him. In the league, Well have started well enough this year (although us and Hibs are not exactly providing much competition so that's provided an opening) but were 9th, 7th and 8th under him in previous years. That's actually underperforming for Motherwell looking back at previous seasons.

Shanks said no
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Reno Gattuso 

Gio Van Bronckhorst

Javi Gracia

Jaap Stam

Gus Poyet

Rino Gattuso  is married to Monica Romano, a Scottish woman of Italian descent. Just saying.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, damo said:

JJ was Hearts through and through. Games also moved on in that time. 

Robinson I think is the fallback position,  if someone of note either doesn't materialise at application or falls down during interviews 

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Clarence Seedorf has left Cameroon.

He must be minted by now. Lives in Dubai but maybe he'd fancy Edinburgh

Only a goer if he promises to get the boots back on. :Laugh:

Been 2 seedorfs in scottish football in recent years, caley and Motherwell all related. Shame he's a shite manager cause he seems a really nice guy 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Better with Steve Wright in the afternoon.

What about the rest of the day?  Last thing I want is a part time manager, we tried that with Levein and look what happened.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

High profile and experienced

Mark Hughes
12/1

File under Moyes, Keane, Hughton.  We won't be able to attract them even if we wanted to.  

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Take your point, but JJ had a much better record and more experience. I really hope we don't go for Robinson. OK, he got to two cup finals but the cups have been pretty competitive, open tournaments the last few years (until the final anyhow).

The league's what matters though as Levein's cup record was good and it didn't help him. In the league, Well have started well enough this year (although us and Hibs are not exactly providing much competition so that's provided an opening) but were 9th, 7th and 8th under him in previous years. That's actually underperforming for Motherwell looking back at previous seasons.

Motherwell have amassed the most points outside of OF in 2019. They have the 10th biggest budget in the league so I don’t think he’s under achieving. Thought he’d only been there a couple of seasons .. could be wrong though. Seems to have them playing decent attacking football in any case. 

5 minutes ago, damo said:

Motherwell have amassed the most points outside of OF in 2019. They have the 10th biggest budget in the league so I don’t think he’s under achieving. Thought he’d only been there a couple of seasons .. could be wrong though. Seems to have them playing decent attacking football in any case. 

You sure they have the 10th biggest budget?  I'd have thought they'd have a bigger budget than Ross County, Livi, Hamilton and St J, maybe comparable budget to St M.  Though there's probably not a lot between some of those teams in budget terms.

I'd thought their previous league finishes were more or less in line with budget, and while they are 3rd in the table at the moment, we were 5 points clear at the top this time last year.  Just a pity a bigger club didn't come in for Levein on the basis of that good start.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

It was 'almost 100' on Sunday morning - have some been misplaced?

Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly, Jack Ross, Mikey Stewart, Paul Heckinbottom amongst others

What’s the budget?

£2.5 million per annum / £50k per week?? Should get somebody good for that!

Anything significantly less and it will be ‘fishing’ in the English first division pool or the Scottish cesspit!

12 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

According to AB she said there was 30 ? 

Sure it was one of the speakers at Tynecastle on Sunday morning that said it. I had been drinking though :th_woot:

Doesn't matter how many apply, as long as we get one great candidate :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly, Jack Ross, Mikey Stewart, Paul Heckinbottom amongst others

Hopefully :D 

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You sure they have the 10th biggest budget?  I'd have thought they'd have a bigger budget than Ross County, Livi, Hamilton and St J, maybe comparable budget to St M.  Though there's probably not a lot between some of those teams in budget terms.

I'd thought their previous league finishes were more or less in line with budget, and while they are 3rd in the table at the moment, we were 5 points clear at the top this time last year.  Just a pity a bigger club didn't come in for Levein on the basis of that good start.

Scotsman article from feb2019... livi 12th and st mirren 11th. Just been looking at his managerial stats on Wikipedia and they seem good considering their financial constraints.  You would expect him to improve that going to a club capable of attracting better players. 

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What’s the budget?

Anything significantly less and it will be ‘fishing’ in the English first division pool or the Scottish cesspit!

Oh I do hope you're joking 

5 minutes ago, damo said:

Scotsman article from feb2019... livi 12th and st mirren 11th. Just been looking at his managerial stats on Wikipedia and they seem good considering their financial constraints.  You would expect him to improve that going to a club capable of attracting better players. 

They've surely got bigger crowds than Ross County, Hamilton and St J, maybe those clubs are being subsidised in some way or other.  I'm just as surprised that St Mirren are 11th as Motherwell being 10th.  I honestly thought those 2 would be vying for 7th and 8th place.  It actually makes it seem more bizarre that Tony Fitzpatrick was claiming St Mirren should be capable of 4th place when they are budgeting for relegation play-off spot. 

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

They've surely got bigger crowds than Ross County, Hamilton and St J, maybe those clubs are being subsidised in some way or other.  I'm just as surprised that St Mirren are 11th as Motherwell being 10th.  I honestly thought those 2 would be vying for 7th and 8th place.  It actually makes it seem more bizarre that Tony Fitzpatrick was claiming St Mirren should be capable of 4th place when they are budgeting for relegation play-off spot. 

Don't know about the rest but County have no shortage of cash, money being pumped In hense why the have all the platers from when caley were good

Bridge of Djoum

What is a likely salary for the next incumbent? I’d guess between £200-250k pa. Certainly narrows the field unless the benefactor steps in and offers to pony up a decent add on. Gotta figure in bonuses, moving and living expenses as well I’d imagine. Chuck in his staff if he wants to bring them in. 

A costly process. 

Ann had mentioned in an interview yesterday benefactors putting in more funding if required so it’s unknown how much we would pay. 
I’d imagine a fair wedge more than our neighbours 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, damo said:

Honestly not interested in this whole trend of counting points in calendar years. It's league positions at the end of each season that count and looking at those he has not exactly set the heather on fire for me. Other Motherwell managers did much better.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

What about the rest of the day?  Last thing I want is a part time manager, we tried that with Levein and look what happened.

Levein can be called out on many things but part-time is not one of them. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yeah that's certainly not something that can be thrown at him ! Watches all the age groups and he certainly put the hours in that's for sure

Ah, good old kickback. Love these threads. One thing is certain in all of this - no matter who we get  appointed, some folk will always be unhappy and the toys will be well and truly chucked out of the Prams. Going to be a fractious time until it's all settled. 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Deevers said:

Ah, good old kickback. Love these threads. One thing is certain in all of this - no matter who we get  appointed, some folk will always be unhappy and the toys will be well and truly chucked out of the Prams. Going to be a fractious time until it's all settled. 

😂 

A few are frothing at the mouth already just because a name gets posted. 

Wait until they are in place and the first points are dropped. Aeroplanes will be booked and spray paint sales will spike! 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could be wrong but jj had done very well with Falkirk for a few good seasons. 

JJ had got Falkirk promoted to the Premier League in 1991, then they were relegated back down, coming straight back up, then had a season where they finished mid-table, and in 1995 he got the Hearts job

at that time JJ being an ex Hearts man was his ace card, he’d done ok at Falkirk, won the B&Q cup too, but not everyone wanted him... you won’t have unanimous agreement on any appointment 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Said this before Levein went,  one month and the new manager will be in for it too

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What’s the budget?

£2.5m a year? 

Pardon? 

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said this before Levein went,  one month and the new manager will be in for it too

You reckon he'll get as much time as that ??

The Treasurer

I noticed one article saying that we had put a closing date for applications as Friday.

I would have thought anyone who was interested would have had their CV in by last Friday at the latest.

I don't want the club to rush the process as it's far too important, but I don't want us dragging our heals either.

The longer the new man has to assess the squad before the January window, the better.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

See when people bitch about Ann can they take a step back and acknowledge that without her we wouldn’t have our benefactors 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Correct 

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What’s the budget?

Jesus Christ!

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Only if he underperforms.

1 hour ago, Jambo647 said:

JJ had got Falkirk promoted to the Premier League in 1991, then they were relegated back down, coming straight back up, then had a season where they finished mid-table, and in 1995 he got the Hearts job

at that time JJ being an ex Hearts man was his ace card, he’d done ok at Falkirk, won the B&Q cup too, but not everyone wanted him... you won’t have unanimous agreement on any appointment 

Have to disagree about JJ.

The McLean season had left us in such a bad way that JJs appointment was met with enthusiasm.  I refuse to believe there were Hearts fans unhappy with his appointment.  I also remember the disappointment when the Falkirk chairman talked him into staying at Falkirk. Thankfully Jim saw the light eventually and the rest is history.

Why would anyone be against his appointment at that time ?

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think the poster is maybe alluding to Levein not being full time on the training pitch. That is the one aspect of the set up that I think is maybe the most important. The much criticised (justifiably by the way) first team coaching staff are all inexperienced and I am not sure time was invested in them to aid their development. I have some sympathy with them on that. Certainly the Levein of his first spell would have delivered a masterclass on how to set up a defence. Vital we get a tracksuit manager in. 

Edited by Jodami

12 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

He's had the odd spell when they've had a decent run of results and been playing against Hearts teams managed by Ian Cathro and Craig Levein. Hardly great.

Don't understand anyone wanting him or Robinson here to be honest. We should be looking for better IMO

The point I'm making is that he has consistently over-performed on his budget. He has kept his team, who are naturally at best a yo-yo club, in the top division, he has had notable victories in Europe and has won the Scottish Cup more recently than us. He's 56, a good age to be taking on a big club like Hearts, and he's a tough character (ask Jackie McNamara or anyone else who's crossed him).

I just don't understand why he's not being quoted while people like Michael O'Neill (way out of our reach) and Roy Keane (arrogant b'stard with no managerial record worth a bean) are. 

49 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

See when people bitch about Ann can they take a step back and acknowledge that without her we wouldn’t have our benefactors 

We wouldn’t have anything without her.

Just hope she gets the SD position sorted ASAP though as she looks lost and indecisive without CL.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

😂

A few are frothing at the mouth already just because a name gets posted. 

Wait until they are in place and the first points are dropped. Aeroplanes will be booked and spray paint sales will spike! 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Sad but true 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You reckon he'll get as much time as that ??

This